BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 72 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not really Towermommy is the censor & wont let the posts on about last weekends tragedy!

really

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really Towermommy is the censor & wont let the posts on about last weekends tragedy!

Can you explain what happened? 24 dad here and I am assuming your talking about Towerman??? I am not going through Tourney Machine its such a pain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to CoachC, hawks, 3D NE. Bad day but not shocking since they only had about 3 practices since July. Only lost one starter from the summer but were very unprepared to play those teams. Lots of fall sports athletes and should be fine by summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you explain what happened? 24 dad here and I am assuming your talking about Towerman??? I am not going through Tourney Machine its such a pain

Absolute spanking in all three games with losses be like fifteen to zero or such.Maybe all talent went to LE and BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolute spanking in all three games with losses be like fifteen to zero or such.Maybe all talent went to LE and BBL

Actually only one starter left the team and that was to re-class. Fall means nothing. Judge them on their summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone looking to simplify the recruiting process for you son -- try using Trello. It's free. I created a recruiting board and it was really helpful. I made 7 columns from left to right. The idea. Move each school up the line until you receive and offer. Here are the columns I used. Target Colleges. Grateful but not interested. Colleges in play. Visit planned. Next steps. Offer made. Commit.

I also used some pay for products to communicate with coaches - but this really helped simplify the process after Sept 1.

Please note. Emails from school unless very specific regarding your son would not go in the "colleges in play" column. Only input colleges that have sent a text or a very specific message indicating interest in your son. It will usually be accompanied by a phone number.

Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About the 2026 Towermen, looks like they went 3-0 at the NXT Philly Fall Invitational last weekend, 5-2 over Nationals, 11-2 over Freedom, 5-4 over Orange Crush...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About the 2026 Towermen, looks like they went 3-0 at the NXT Philly Fall Invitational last weekend, 5-2 over Nationals, 11-2 over Freedom, 5-4 over Orange Crush...

Get that Freedom game In because you are probably Mid 40s as is. Good luck in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get that Freedom game In because you are probably Mid 40s as is. Good luck in the summer.

Don't even reply to this fool....LE, BBL and Tri State have all played Freedom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Leading Edge is looking for new leadership. True? Seems like they’ve dropped down quite a bit of late. Are the Roys leaving?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Leading Edge is looking for new leadership. True? Seems like they’ve dropped down quite a bit of late. Are the Roys leaving?
They have been doing it for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New leadership? Not true. LE Dropped down? Also not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New leadership? Not true. LE Dropped down? Also not true.

Agreed. The one thing I will say is that BBL and Tri State have caught up and are now equal to LE. And Riot has a more commits recently than usual but still not in the same class as the big 3. Blue Star and Patriot, 23's did okay, I am not sure about their 24 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL 2024 commits include Virginia, Maryland, and Princeton so far.
Tri-State 2024 commits include Cornell and Brown so far.
LE 2024 commits include Cornell, Harvard and Virginia so far.

It's clear that there's more than one path out of NJ to top D1 schools.

As the last poster said . . . LE's not slipping but BBL and TS have elevated their recruiting and that's a good thing for our boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the last poster said . . . LE's not slipping but BBL and TS have elevated their recruiting and that's a good thing for our boys.

The 2024 class has a lot of recruits throughout all club teams. LE 2025 is probably the strongest group of 2025. We will see how they do next year.

If slipping is Harvard Cornell Virginia Lehigh Richmond Villanova Lafayette Dartmouth BU. Sign me up, let me slip!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2024 class has a lot of recruits throughout all club teams. LE 2025 is probably the strongest group of 2025. We will see how they do next year.

If slipping is Harvard Cornell Virginia Lehigh Richmond Villanova Lafayette Dartmouth BU. Sign me up, let me slip!

We corrected them Director. LE did not slip, the others caught up......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LE director wouldn’t waste a breath on an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not, but keep in mind who controls this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this sounds strange but that is slipping, only because 3-4 years ago they used to have 20+ kids going to D1, more than half of those going top top tier. Now is seems like they are around half that overall. Used to be if you were on LE you were a lock for D1, now it’s only a third of the roster. I’m an LE parent and have to say it’s not what it was. But still probably the best club for recruiting in NJ. At least for now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not, but keep in mind who controls this forum.

fool lacrosse dads like us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this sounds strange but that is slipping, only because 3-4 years ago they used to have 20+ kids going to D1, more than half of those going top top tier. Now is seems like they are around half that overall. Used to be if you were on LE you were a lock for D1, now it’s only a third of the roster. I’m an LE parent and have to say it’s not what it was. But still probably the best club for recruiting in NJ. At least for now.

This is mainly due to the talent getting spread out amongst clubs. Five years ago all the best NJ HS players played for LE. Up until recently BBL was youth focused and now is doing a lot better retaining HS players. Tristate is making a bit of come back from the early days when Tristate Black was the best HS club team to play for. Then you have the one off Towermen team which had a good amount of the 2026 talent. LE isn’t slipping, they just don’t get all of the best players anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone down at IMLCA Event in Florida? How was it ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone down at IMLCA Event in Florida? How was it ?

A handful of the top teams were missing some of their committed players. Other teams played their committed players to much and did not give enough time to the uncommitted players. The scouts had to find the kids they were looking for on each field because its not like the summer where they are just grading/scoring everyone as a whole. That is probably the only negative part of it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: (NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the 2031 clubs in NJ and their level (AA, A, B, C)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to USCL.com to get a ballpark idea of how the NJ programs stack up across age groups. You can filter by state. Rankings aren't perfect, but give you a ballpark idea.

If you're looking for a AA club in 4th grade, BBL Central (Black) is likely the only NJ based team that consistently competes in the top tourneys at that age.

The other option is join a regional team that is part of a larger org that creates national teams to compete in AA. MadDog, True NJ, 3D Garden State, Team 91, and the regional BBL teams (shore, north, west) would all fall into this category. By joining these regional teams you have the opportunity to tryout for the national team for that org.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to USCL.com to get a ballpark idea of how the NJ programs stack up across age groups. You can filter by state. Rankings aren't perfect, but give you a ballpark idea.

If you're looking for a AA club in 4th grade, BBL Central (Black) is likely the only NJ based team that consistently competes in the top tourneys at that age.

The other option is join a regional team that is part of a larger org that creates national teams to compete in AA. MadDog, True NJ, 3D Garden State, Team 91, and the regional BBL teams (shore, north, west) would all fall into this category. By joining these regional teams you have the opportunity to tryout for the national team for that org.

This is very helpful but I do not see 2031. Looks like ti stops at 2029

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, they don't keep rankings below 6th grade. That said, the 6th grade rankings will give you a feel for the programs at the younger ages.

You can also take a peak at Tourney Machine to see how teams fair in the top AA tourneys - NAL, Naptown, NLF, TriStar, etc.

Out of curiosity I took a peak at the top AA fall tourney - NAL in DE in Nov. The teams that participated are Madlax (DMV), Igloo (LI), Sweetlax Upstate (NY), Mad Dog National (National with regional teams in NJ), Legacy (LI), and BBL (NJ).

Where are you located and who does your son play for now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 NJ teams are entered for the World Series east qualifiers this year . . . BBL, 3D Garden State, Tri-State, and Riot.

Where's Jersey Express? They made it out of the qualifiers last year and didn't even enter a team this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 NJ teams are entered for the World Series east qualifiers this year . . . BBL, 3D Garden State, Tri-State, and Riot.

Where's Jersey Express? They made it out of the qualifiers last year and didn't even enter a team this year?

Is registration closed? Is there still time for the others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, they don't keep rankings below 6th grade. That said, the 6th grade rankings will give you a feel for the programs at the younger ages.

You can also take a peak at Tourney Machine to see how teams fair in the top AA tourneys - NAL, Naptown, NLF, TriStar, etc.

Out of curiosity I took a peak at the top AA fall tourney - NAL in DE in Nov. The teams that participated are Madlax (DMV), Igloo (LI), Sweetlax Upstate (NY), Mad Dog National (National with regional teams in NJ), Legacy (LI), and BBL (NJ).

Where are you located and who does your son play for now?

I was checking for my cousin's kid is not on a current team from Rahway, NJ. I am on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any more recruiting updates in NJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why don't you tell us all the ones you want us to know about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why don't you tell us all the ones you want us to know about?

So true, as if this information is not one click away on inside lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jersey Express has singed up and will be attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NJ will be well represented in the qualifiers with 5 teams going. I hope they all do well. Likely only 5 teams advancing from this region to the championship in NC. Gonna be a tough bracket with the top Philly teams (Freedom, Dukes) and True MD who could be good if they grab kids from the other DMV clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NJ will be well represented in the qualifiers with 5 teams going. I hope they all do well. Likely only 5 teams advancing from this region to the championship in NC. Gonna be a tough bracket with the top Philly teams (Freedom, Dukes) and True MD who could be good if they grab kids from the other DMV clubs.

Not following.What is being discussed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ will be well represented in the qualifiers with 5 teams going. I hope they all do well. Likely only 5 teams advancing from this region to the championship in NC. Gonna be a tough bracket with the top Philly teams (Freedom, Dukes) and True MD who could be good if they grab kids from the other DMV clubs.[/quote]

Not following.What is being discussed?[/quote]

This is in regards to the youth lacrosse World Series. Only age-based youth tourney so it gives the NJ teams a fighting chance against the top programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not following.What is being discussed?[/quote]

This is in regards to the youth lacrosse World Series. Only age-based youth tourney so it gives the NJ teams a fighting chance against the top programs.[/quote]
Let's not pretend that there are no reclassed kids in New Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is in regards to the youth lacrosse World Series. Only age-based youth tourney so it gives the NJ teams a fighting chance against the top programs.[/quote]
Let's not pretend that there are no reclassed kids in New Jersey.[/quote]

There certainly are reclasses . . . but not to the extent you see in CT and DMV. DMV teams don't even enter the tourney because they don't have enough on-age kids to form a team. Historically LI and NJ have done well in the World Series because they are less reliant on holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is in regards to the youth lacrosse World Series. Only age-based youth tourney so it gives the NJ teams a fighting chance against the top programs.
Let's not pretend that there are no reclassed kids in New Jersey.[/quote]

There certainly are reclasses . . . but not to the extent you see in CT and DMV. DMV teams don't even enter the tourney because they don't have enough on-age kids to form a team. Historically LI and NJ have done well in the World Series because they are less reliant on holdbacks.[/quote]

World Series aside, just look at the top 2024 D1 commits from NJ, mostly reclasses

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 72 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard