BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 123 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 122 123
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The JC coach hire will have every chance to prove her coaching abilities as was mentioned above. I have to believe she doesn't care which club girls play for. The whole issue of a school being tied to a club is overblown and really only lives in places like this board and on the sidelines among parent chatter. For example, plenty of M&D girls don't go to McDonogh and vice versa. Same with all other clubs and schools. They don't really care that much. The HS coaches just want to win.

Well, TC has only recruited from M&D the last few years. So she definitely cares about her club ties.

Spsg coach is getting all the top M&D kids now. She’s getting the top 27 kids there next !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The JC coach hire will have every chance to prove her coaching abilities as was mentioned above. I have to believe she doesn't care which club girls play for. The whole issue of a school being tied to a club is overblown and really only lives in places like this board and on the sidelines among parent chatter. For example, plenty of M&D girls don't go to McDonogh and vice versa. Same with all other clubs and schools. They don't really care that much. The HS coaches just want to win.

Well, TC has only recruited from M&D the last few years. So she definitely cares about her club ties.

Spsg coach is getting all the top M&D kids now. She’s getting the top 27 kids there next !
Thanks SPSG dad. We’ve missed you. Merry Christmas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same to you. Spsg = National Champions for the next 7 years at least ! MG will pass CR as top high school coach ever. Best coach in the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same to you. Spsg = National Champions for the next 7 years at least ! MG will pass CR as top high school coach ever. Best coach in the league.

Next 7 years, where do you come up with that number? And I thought MG was retiring soon?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of talent coming from Skywalkers and Coppermine in middle school. Which HS coaches have affiliations with those clubs?

I’m sure they will all find a home. Have to disagree though. Sw is the weakest in 28 -30 groups. Schools will hit M&D , Heros and Coppermine for sure.

Lol at the Coppermine parents trying to put Coppermine in the same sentence as M&D and Hero’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Coppermine parent here so I have no dog in the fight. Coppermine is definitely above SW in those age groups. Everyone can decide for themselves if they belong with Heros and M&D, but it's not up for debate if they're better than SW. Post 2025s, SW isn't the club it once was and is on a downhill slide. I have to assume it gets sold to a sports conglomerate at some point soon to salvage the brand value while it still has it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of talent coming from Skywalkers and Coppermine in middle school. Which HS coaches have affiliations with those clubs?

I’m sure they will all find a home. Have to disagree though. Sw is the weakest in 28 -30 groups. Schools will hit M&D , Heros and Coppermine for sure.

Lol at the Coppermine parents trying to put Coppermine in the same sentence as M&D and Hero’s.

They have a very strong 28 team so it is probably true that HS coaches will look at them more closely next year (though think many players are already in privates). This team is an anomaly for the club, even though Coppermine parents love to tell you their club is a future powerhouse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a very strong 28 team so it is probably true that HS coaches will look at them more closely next year (though think many players are already in privates). This team is an anomaly for the club, even though Coppermine parents love to tell you their club is a future powerhouse.

Powerhouse or no powerhouse, M&D and Hero's aren't beating them on a consistent basis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Powerhouse or no powerhouse, M&D and Hero's aren't beating them on a consistent basis.

I can also guarantee that this summer, the top 3 players for that ‘28 Coppermine team will tryout for M&D and leave … if offered a spot.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just stop. Coppermine has 1 team and M&D and Heros both with improve. Coppermine has peaked and nowhere to go but down and they are in 7th grade. Coppermine does not have the history or production at all levels to take over the lax world. Even the top 28s will look to jump closer to recruiting time. Just look at the committments at the top 3 clubs. All their players find schools just not a handful. Does Coppermine 24 have any commits this fall ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can also guarantee that this summer, the top 3 players for that ‘28 Coppermine team will tryout for M&D and leave … if offered a spot.

Taking this bet and coming back to it this July. No one is leaving, mark it down now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a big difference between 7th grade lacrosse and what you will see in high school particularly the recruiting years in terms of lax IQ, size, and speed. The high school teams especially M&D and SW are constantly evolving until Junior year. Also, a few players from outside of MD typically flock to M&D and SW. In addition, many of these 7th graders will lose interest because of burn out and/or other typical highs school distractions like boys etc..... enjoy the grade school years while you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taking this bet and coming back to it this July. No one is leaving, mark it down now.

Doesn’t matter if you are a coach, parent on the team or good friends with a top player. You will find out later than you want to. Look at the recruiting history at those top clubs and you think your top 3 will sacrifice to play at Coppermine ? I applaud you if so but fear of missing out gets all !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter if you are a coach, parent on the team or good friends with a top player. You will find out later than you want to. Look at the recruiting history at those top clubs and you think your top 3 will sacrifice to play at Coppermine ? I applaud you if so but fear of missing out gets all !

At the middle school years, Coppermine is playing in good brackets in top tournaments. They also established a very vague partnership with JT after she retired from JHU. This, along with the hope that they will attract and retain talent that historically has gone to Skywalkers and, to some extend, M&D is what they are hanging their hat on. Seems risky to be the first decent recruiting class a club has ever had, but some are definitely staying put based on the premise that the future of the club will be different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen multiple references to MG retiring from SPSG here…is this fact or just speculation still?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen multiple references to MG retiring from SPSG here…is this fact or just speculation still?

Speculation. She is running the table now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is little risky about it. A club team ranked that high with a great coach (that's an assumption,I don't know anything about the coach) with tons of top players will get heavily recruited. That's not debatable and it doesn't matter that much what the name of the club is. The players make the team, the club name doesn't. Obviously, the top clubs (M&D and Heros) have historically had most of the best players and good coaching so they naturally get heavily recruited every year no matter what. What does seem risky for good players that aren't quite top-tier is jumping from a great team that is sure to get heavily recruited to an old legacy club hoping that the club name gives them a boost. Everything changes over time. The top clubs today may or may not be the top clubs in 3-5 years. Owners age or change, coaches leave, philosophies change, etc... Parents of top players notice and will adjust. We're probably seeing that inversion right now between two of the clubs mentioned by PP not named M&D or Heros. If some of the top players do decide to leave, the ranking is going to drop quickly, and all the calculus changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Undefeated 3 peat coming up. GOAT coach !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GOAT?...win 9 IAAM championships in a row before using the GOAT term.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She essentially handed over the reins last year to Deamer after they got beat during league play. His influence was evident in the back half of the year/playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GOAT?...win 9 IAAM championships in a row before using the GOAT term.
☝🏻
Nothing GOAT about SPSG. Come back in a decade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Undefeated 3 peat coming up. GOAT coach ![/quote]
GOAT?...win 9 IAAM championships in a row before using the GOAT term.[

SPSG will be on par with all other IAMM teams when the 23’s Graduate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG will be on par with all other IAMM teams when the 23’s Graduate
Correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOAT?...win 9 IAAM championships in a row before using the GOAT term.[

SPSG will be on par with all other IAMM teams when the 23’s Graduate[/quote]

As long as Mary and Deamer stay they will dominate. That 25 class is loaded too !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the same coach that was shown the door at MDSA years back? Hammerhead has made his way back to the board!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG beats McD (orange crush) in the Indoor tournament just now. Great game….SPSG goes on to semi’s. McD had all their girls from last year and the new Jr. #1 recruit and still could not pull it off. SPSG looking good for Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG beats McD (orange crush) in the Indoor tournament just now. Great game….SPSG goes on to semi’s. McD had all their girls from last year and the new Jr. #1 recruit and still could not pull it off. SPSG looking good for Spring.
For the love of all things holy, please wait til your actual season starts before you start your tangents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This didn’t age well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems you tooted that horn a little quick dad. Tell us how the rest of the day went!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks, Dad. Posting from spooky nook, smh. Let’s Go fool!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No 3peat @ the Nook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding the new #1 in the area ? Funny if you think indoor games mean anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD has been pretty basic for a few years now. Their 23s are basic. No superstar elite athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch…….They have 3 super elite athletes who are 24’s. At least TC thinks so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD has been pretty basic for a few years now. Their 23s are basic. No superstar elite athletes.

There was a player on McD that was scoring at will and looked to be the best player on the field. Not sure what you classify as a superstar, but that player definitely dominated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RS and KL are Elite players for MCD. They are as good as any players in the Country. MCD will be fine this year. A lot of talent on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter. McD lost to St. Pauls who then lost Spalding.
Gonna be interesting this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter. McD lost to St. Pauls who then lost Spalding.
Gonna be interesting this season.

How did SPSG do stopping the headband?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t think headband was there

Like Reply Quote