BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well they make the playoffs?
Yes sir, count on it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes sir, count on it.
I’m not as confident as the trolls here.

But I will say- the 91’s ‘27 team has some promise. They have some nice players. We will see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does 91 have so many kids moving down at 8th grade? Because Team91 actively helps get kids recruited into the MIAA schools. Hence they all drop down and stay at 91 vs Crabs and FCA who recruit all new teams in 8th grade from other club teams as their kids decide to holdback.

No, Mark, 91 does not have better holdbacks (what even is that?) because you help them hold back at the right school. That is a preposterous theory from your own mind.

The 2022...I mean...2023..... and 2025 91 rosters have stayed intact because they had Mark's personal supervision, and the other kids and parents were willing to take Mark's advice and #1 hold back, #2, get the ball to the Millon kid at all costs, #3 just trust that if the team is highly ranked, by default, your son MUST be getting high quality developmental training, and by default he WILL be recruited to D1. What an insane proposition....one that only lax parents would believe.

By the time they realize those maneuvers were just part of the Mark Millon Show, LLC, they're sitting on the sideline of a Connecticut tournament, paying $300/night for lodging while watching a bunch of 20 year olds from Texas play in their kids' spots. And reviewing Millon's email to them about how their son should consider a couple post-grad years and maybe apply to a D1 school as a freshman when he is 21. #wisdom #eliteplacement #passitto9 #9isopen

MM has shown time and time again that he has what it takes to get your kid to a D1 program. Look at his extra programs that tie in with his top 91 program. Hardly anyone out there doing it better, FACT !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does 91 have so many kids moving down at 8th grade? Because Team91 actively helps get kids recruited into the MIAA schools. Hence they all drop down and stay at 91 vs Crabs and FCA who recruit all new teams in 8th grade from other club teams as their kids decide to holdback.

No, Mark, 91 does not have better holdbacks (what even is that?) because you help them hold back at the right school. That is a preposterous theory from your own mind.

The 2022...I mean...2023..... and 2025 91 rosters have stayed intact because they had Mark's personal supervision, and the other kids and parents were willing to take Mark's advice and #1 hold back, #2, get the ball to the Millon kid at all costs, #3 just trust that if the team is highly ranked, by default, your son MUST be getting high quality developmental training, and by default he WILL be recruited to D1. What an insane proposition....one that only lax parents would believe.

By the time they realize those maneuvers were just part of the Mark Millon Show, LLC, they're sitting on the sideline of a Connecticut tournament, paying $300/night for lodging while watching a bunch of 20 year olds from Texas play in their kids' spots. And reviewing Millon's email to them about how their son should consider a couple post-grad years and maybe apply to a D1 school as a freshman when he is 21. #wisdom #eliteplacement #passitto9 #9isopen

MM has shown time and time again that he has what it takes to get your kid to a D1 program. Look at his extra programs that tie in with his top 91 program. Hardly anyone out there doing it better, FACT !

I think your most recent claim was "nobody does it better in Maryland, NOBODY. FACT." So I'm glad you've backed off of that ledge for this nuanced version.

I think it's fair to point out that MM's idea of "what it takes" is telling starters' parents that their boy needs to repeat 8th grade if he wants to continue starting for 91, wants to get into an MIAA-A program (not next year, but 18 months from now), and get recruiters' attention in 10th grade. If you just do that, yes, MM will provide you all kinds of network connections, as he should. But really, those parents and those athlete's are making Mark's job quite easy, "here's a 150lb, 5'10" 8th grader who has played club ball since 2nd grade, yes, true, he is almost 16! Which makes him very mature!" Yeah, most coaches would want to see that kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think your most recent claim was "nobody does it better in Maryland, NOBODY. FACT." So I'm glad you've backed off of that ledge for this nuanced version.

I think it's fair to point out that MM's idea of "what it takes" is telling starters' parents that their boy needs to repeat 8th grade if he wants to continue starting for 91, wants to get into an MIAA-A program (not next year, but 18 months from now), and get recruiters' attention in 10th grade. If you just do that, yes, MM will provide you all kinds of network connections, as he should. But really, those parents and those athlete's are making Mark's job quite easy, "here's a 150lb, 5'10" 8th grader who has played club ball since 2nd grade, yes, true, he is almost 16! Which makes him very mature!" Yeah, most coaches would want to see that kid.
My son is a 6’ 150lb on age 8th grader starting on an elite team. Should I hold him back this year, before hs or later?

Or just let him continue on his normal path?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a 6’ 150lb on age 8th grader starting on an elite team. Should I hold him back this year, before hs or later?

Or just let him continue on his normal path?

Very difficult to hold back after 8th grade unless he does the hockey model (post grad year at a prep school). And unless that's done at a lax-focused PG prep school, recruitment back to highest-level D1 can be very tough (because it's not hockey).

My biggest question for him would be "Why?"

The only reasons/situations/excuses for when the "why" makes sense:
1) Money (MIAA tuition) is no object
2) Your kid's most intense dreams cannot be met if he is the #300 recruit or the #30 recruit (cut those numbers by 1/4 for holdback benefit).
3) Your son's earning potential will not be impacted by starting his (non lax) career a year later, ie, you own a business and will give him a job at a very high salary regardless of whether he finishes college at age 22, 24, 25.
4) You own a lacrosse club or lax related business, and you demand that your son's performance level become a centerpiece of your own professional success and branding for several years to come.

Everyone's different, but for my sons, it did not make sense to hold back based on those 4 realistic scenarios/reasons/excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your points 2 , 4 and 5 are [Censored] backwards .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your points 2 , 4 and 5 are [Censored] backwards .

I mean, they are backwards for *my* family. I can't project that onto other families (though you just did) but I think most people, if they did an unemotional analysis, would really understand that it doesn't make any real sense for their family either.

For my sons who are both "on the radar" and want to do "something with lax" in their adult lives (marketing, coaching, etc, they're not yet sure), but our family business (which they don't want to participate in) isn't in the sports industry, it doesn't make any real difference if they play upper D1, lower D1, upper D2, upper D3. Yes, the connections are a focus at any college or lax programs are a focus for us, but hey, we live in LaxTown USA and they play for and attend an MIAA-A school. Most of their college costs will be covered. At some point, as parents, haven't you done enough?

Nobody ever talks about the substantial number of prep school holdbacks who get on a D1 roster, detest it, and drop off the team. I play with several such guys in mens league lax. Talk about throwing a wrench in your kid's stats lol. One day he just walks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of this nonstop chatter about the MD holdback model and why it’s so good, I just wondered what your objective thoughts are on teams that have none and compete and succeed against teams that are 95% holdbacks. Please don’t respond with the canned holdback parent cliche about how they don’t exist. They do exist and they have always existed. Birthdates are listed in the IL database, so your standard denial response isn’t going to cut it. Seriously. What do you make of it? Maybe the whole holdback loop hole/deception game isn’t the right way to go after all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of this nonstop chatter about the MD holdback model and why it’s so good, I just wondered what your objective thoughts are on teams that have none and compete and succeed against teams that are 95% holdbacks. Please don’t respond with the canned holdback parent cliche about how they don’t exist. They do exist and they have always existed. Birthdates are listed in the IL database, so your standard denial response isn’t going to cut it. Seriously. What do you make of it? Maybe the whole holdback loop hole/deception game isn’t the right way to go after all?

I agree. It really doesn't make a difference so why do you keep talking about it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. It really doesn't make a difference so why do you keep talking about it?

It doesn't make a difference until U-16.
Prior to that it makes a massive difference...Stop lying to yourself that it doesn't matter.
This is why no one cares about holdbacks once they are older.

Also, what teams specifically have zero holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Want your kid to succeed in HS lacrosse, on-age?

I stumbled upon it with my first kid, and it worked just as well with the second:

Play him a year up from the time he starts in 1st grade.
Try to stretch that to playing 2 years up from 4th-6th.
Don't worry about level (ie: AA, AAA etc.) of lacrosse. Just have him competing against older, bigger, stronger and faster kids.
In 7th have him play just 1 year up at the highest level he can manage. Focus on proper stickwork as much as possible.
In 8th have him play on age at the highest level he can manage.
Your kid will be used to playing with kids older than him and be fine if he goes to the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I stumbled upon it with my first kid, and it worked just as well with the second:

Don't worry about level (ie: AA, AAA etc.) of lacrosse. Just have him competing against older, bigger, stronger and faster kids.
In 7th have him play just 1 year up at the highest level he can manage. Focus on proper stickwork as much as possible.
Your kid will be used to playing with kids older than him and be fine if he goes to the MIAA.

You are either full of it or did not play in MD. That doesnt EVER happen in mD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. This shows a lot of integrity which is rare in club lacrosse.
How do you play "on age" if the majority of kids in his grade group are a year older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. This shows a lot of integrity which is rare in club lacrosse.
How do you play "on age" if the majority of kids in his grade group are a year older?

He is clearly not telling the truth. Sounds like another Holdback Dad bragging

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s true. And both my boys played in HoCo, in MD.

It was not originally by plan though. Totally stumbled upon it when my oldest’s kid’s rec/club team couldn’t field a team. We missed tryouts and had to play up.

It was a tad more intentional with the younger kid. I didn’t want to pay $2-3k for a meh club.

But we learned our lessons from the first one. As I mentioned, don’t forget to do stickwork. Playing on those lower level teams make stick practice and reps more important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 25's are the top ranked team in the country and have ZERO "20 year old fly in's from Texas"

next....

The 24s have fly-ins from New York (strange, since it has its own 91 team). To 91's credit, they are getting recruited to college. However, weird to see "HS: Chaminade. Club: 91 MD."

Where are the fly-ins from, on the 2025s, if they are not from TX?

next.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 25's are the top ranked team in the country and have ZERO "20 year old fly in's from Texas"

next....

The 24s have fly-ins from New York (strange, since it has its own 91 team). To 91's credit, they are getting recruited to college. However, weird to see "HS: Chaminade. Club: 91 MD."

next.....

the 25 team is an aberration and i believe has no "fly-ins".

they are the 1 team (hand picked by MM) in the program that basically has all of the blue chip players from the balto area.

Although I knock the program chain-wide, this 25 team has been absolutely the most dominant club team in the country for the past 2-3 years. I'm not sure if they've even lost ???

MM will say its coaching and development but having the best players = success. That was king crab's model for years and years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't 91 update their website with roster and coach information?
All the other top clubs do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

next....

next.....

the 25 team is an aberration and i believe has no "fly-ins".

they are the 1 team (hand picked by MM) in the program that basically has all of the blue chip players from the balto area.

Although I knock the program chain-wide, this 25 team has been absolutely the most dominant club team in the country for the past 2-3 years. I'm not sure if they've even lost ???

MM will say its coaching and development but having the best players = success. That was king crab's model for years and years.

And there is one player that is better than all the rest on 25's !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Team 91 pulling their 2031 roster from? They didn’t have a team in hoco last year afaik. Newly formed or did they play in some other league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Team 91 pulling their 2031 roster from? They didn’t have a team in hoco last year afaik. Newly formed or did they play in some other league?

91's usual model with youth teams is to hire a coach from another program who promises to bring his best 10 kids from that program. Then the following year another 10 kids will come with another assistant or head coach, and the first 10 will be cut or "put on the practice team." Repeat until 8th grade when the holdback model really kicks in. HS age T91 teams are a whole different beast and whole different roster unless Millon hand picked the roster at age 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91's usual model with youth teams is to hire a coach from another program who promises to bring his best 10 kids from that program. Then the following year another 10 kids will come with another assistant or head coach, and the first 10 will be cut or "put on the practice team." Repeat until 8th grade when the holdback model really kicks in. HS age T91 teams are a whole different beast and whole different roster unless Millon hand picked the roster at age 10.
So salty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS player sign NIL deal after freshman season. Great job Mark! Forget scholarships, can you help my son cash in on NIL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not this year. Not at any age bracket in HoCo. I think 6 total wins for 6 teams combined and average scoring 3 points per game. 91 youth Goalies out there just eating 30-50 shots per game...it's not really fair.

Developing elite players for elite prep schools....indeed.

27s and 28s will.soon be rescued by out of state holdbacks. Phew.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach A, you mean lap dog to the rich parents on his team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA championship coach. When you do that give us a update on this forum. Until then hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am kind of confused by all the haters. What’s the difference between 91 and True and “insert other national program name here”. They are FOR PROFIT companies. Their bottom line is to MAKE MONEY. None of them give a [Censored] about your kids or what is good for the kids. 91 makes all their teams play in the “Elite” Hoco league despite losing every game and they roster 30 kids every year knowing that 10ish kids will never step onto the field. True flies in players and make the players that earned the right to play sit on the bench. But here’s the rub, the parents come back every year because of the “National team” I would never put my son on 91 or True because he is good enough to not have to Pay to play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets recap the year for 91

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

That, my friends, is alot of wasted money!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

Those 27 and 28 teams are clearly on the rise!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

Those 27 and 28 teams are clearly on the rise!!!

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

You should have added the goal differentials too. A bunch of those L’s were by double digits. Awful spring season for 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

Swept by Crabs and FCA in HOCO. Why would anyone play for them in the Baltimore area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

Swept by Crabs and FCA in HOCO. Why would anyone play for them in the Baltimore area?

I have heard that on one of the teams the coach has his kid on the field pretty much the whole game while other paying much better kids sit on the bench. What has club lacrosse come to? I thought the cost to play on these teams was so high was so you don't have to deal with things like this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
& yet here you are talking about them go back to your hole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 2 wins - 5 losses
2028 1 win - 6 losses
2029 0 wins - 7 losses
2030 0 wins - 7 losses
2031 0 wins - 7 losses

It just hit me, they lose 32/35 or put another way 91% of the time. Now I understand why they are called Team 91, freaking brilliant, well done MM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s fair to ask whether this is truely an elite level club. Clearly it’s not delivering those results and it’s no longer the new kid on the block. Mm and Austin S keep chasing away good players and teams while promises fall flat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 2 wins - 5 losses; GF 59; GA 64
2028 1 win - 6 losses; GF 30; GA 74
2029 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 21; GA 92
2030 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 25; GA 84
2031 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 6; GA 134

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448
Average score per game...13 - 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 2 wins - 5 losses; GF 59; GA 64
2028 1 win - 6 losses; GF 30; GA 74
2029 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 21; GA 92
2030 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 25; GA 84
2031 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 6; GA 134

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448
Average score per game...13 - 4

I'm impressed with your persistence and supporting data - but it's definitely intervention time - you got a problem!!! Find another club and let the anger go....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s just a few angry dads whose son was cut by 91 (which is hard to do but it clearly happens).

As a result they revel in the clubs losing.

Which is the biggest self own of all time in reality. But hey it’s good for BOTC traffic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the club director subjecting his kids to the elite level, when their skill level has them nowhere near ready to compete. What he did to his 2031 team is borderline child abuse. 6 goals in seven games, most, if not all of these games were running clock and no faceoffs. This is the opposite of "growing the game". Why would anyone kid on this team want to pickup a stick again? All for the ego of the owner? 2031 had 3 other divisions they could've played in, instead they wasted the other 6 teams time, and all of their parents weekends.

Put your teams in the division that will be allow the players to develop skill and actual enjoyment of the game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard