BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 76 of 220 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from a parent who has no daughter on Top Gun but has been around since a year or two before Top Gun began. If you parents could only see yourselves from outside your little bubble. It is so very sad..black this purple that, white whatever...you sound as ridiculous as the nonsense that goes on on the yj thread. All the while missing the point...just enjoy your daughters playing a great sport with great kids. As others have said...it goes so very quickly! NO One will every remember what color your daughter played for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please... YJ 2017 Blue came in 2nd to TopGuns! Do you really think you have a chance next year? In fact TG 2017 black is equal to YJ 3rd team!! You don't have a chance in [lacrosse] winning next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 2013/14 - welcome to the new YJ's. Obnoxious parents tooting their own kids horns. Congrats - you have become what you left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter made purple. She can easily play black. Didn't have the best tryout. That's the way it goes. Next year will hopefully turn out better. Move on

So says the parent of every girl on purple...............
I know this to be true. A black player on 2015 makes the team every year, not because she is good but because of the town she lives in and the close relationship to the coach, this same girl did not make her varsity high school team until she was a sophomore, and barley got any playing time. A purple player in the same year made varsity as a freshman and gets extensive playing time. It is not fir me to make up anyones mind, but this seems to concur that in Top Guns, it's not how well you play but who you know

When a kid make varsity doesn't really give an indication of how good they are. You need to provide more information. What HS?. A kid could play varsity as a freshman in one place and never make it somewhere else.
A girl on 2015 black didn't make a varsity team at High School A. While a girl on 2015 purple made varsity, and got considerable playing time. The only difference between Top Guns , and High School A is that at Top Guns the black player was friends with the coach, and at High School A when the friendly coach is not there, and she is forced to prove herself she is 1. unable to secure a position, and 2. unable to make it on the field because her performance and attitude is poor. the High School in question is irrelevant , suffice it to say that with out the political connection , the black player is second rate in the eyes of an impartial evaluator. Good luck playing for Top Guns, pucker up to excel

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made purple. She can easily play black. Didn't have the best tryout. That's the way it goes. Next year will hopefully turn out better. Move on

I know this to be true. A black player on 2015 makes the team every year, not because she is good but because of the town she lives in and the close relationship to the coach, this same girl did not make her varsity high school team until she was a sophomore, and barley got any playing time. A purple player in the same year made varsity as a freshman and gets extensive playing time. It is not fir me to make up anyones mind, but this seems to concur that in Top Guns, it's not how well you play but who you know

When a kid make varsity doesn't really give an indication of how good they are. You need to provide more information. What HS?. A kid could play varsity as a freshman in one place and never make it somewhere else.
A girl on 2015 black didn't make a varsity team at High School A. While a girl on 2015 purple made varsity, and got considerable playing time. The only difference between Top Guns , and High School A is that at Top Guns the black player was friends with the coach, and at High School A when the friendly coach is not there, and she is forced to prove herself she is 1. unable to secure a position, and 2. unable to make it on the field because her performance and attitude is poor. the High School in question is irrelevant , suffice it to say that with out the political connection , the black player is second rate in the eyes of an impartial evaluator. Good luck playing for Top Guns, pucker up to excel

You can't say that the HS is irrelevant. A very good player, on a top HS team, might not play much, while a mediocre player, on a weak HS team, might play a lot, and even stand out. You can't compare the two players, without considering which HS teams they're on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that's your excuse for TG teams losing to Elevate after saying none if the teams are comparable? Sounds like you are the dreamer after all......

What are you talking about? TG 2017 Black beat Elevate

Elevate beat Top Guns at National Draw in a full game. Top Guns beat Elevate by 1 goal in a 25 minutes game at Top Guns own tournament. Not an excuse - just exactly what it was.

What it exactly was is a loss by Elevate. You said it yourself. Lost by 1 in 25 minute game. A loss is a loss own it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that's your excuse for TG teams losing to Elevate after saying none if the teams are comparable? Sounds like you are the dreamer after all......

Elevate beat Top Guns at National Draw in a full game. Top Guns beat Elevate by 1 goal in a 25 minutes game at Top Guns own tournament. Not an excuse - just exactly what it was.

What it exactly was is a loss by Elevate. You said it yourself. Lost by 1 in 25 minute game. A loss is a loss own it!!

Looks like it was owned. Didnt notice TG owning their loss to Elevate though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't say that the HS is irrelevant. A very good player, on a top HS team, might not play much, while a mediocre player, on a weak HS team, might play a lot, and even stand out. You can't compare the two players, without considering which HS teams they're on.
The High School is irrelevant, we are not judging the high school , but comparing the talent. If the black player was so much better than the purple player than she should have made varsity as a freshman, like the purple player, and in theory should have more playing time. I submit that on an even playing field the girl that has been on purple for years is a better player than the player on the so called "A" level black team player and on any high school field should get more minuets. This however is not the case. The black player only makes the black team because of a close relationship to the head coach of the black team at Top Guns, leaving a better player on a "B" team only because of politics, and that is the essence of Top Guns. Who you know will trump talent every time. I, for one can not understand why you think the H.S. team matters. can you explain why? because I can tell you that without question the H.S. coach has no ties to Top Guns, and is only fielding the girls she feels will help her win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the bottom line on all this will be decided when TG sends a U15 team to Nationals and all those studs from the Purple and White team are on the squad.

Let's hear from those who have already been to the U15 tourny- did TG take the entire black team? Were any purple girls on the team?

The team that just won had a couple 2016 purple players

There will be a tryout sometime this winter (ours last year was at the Syosset sports hub).. anyone interested in playing who can make the age restriction is invited to tryout. this years team was made up of several 2015 girls from both the black and purple team, most girls were 2016 black with 1 girl from 2016 purple. no 2017's made the team.. several 2016 Black players did not make the team but were alternates ( they came to the Florida team practices and were ready to play in case of injury )
BTW there are a few 2016 black and purple girls who will still be "young" enough to tryout for this years team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the two players you at=re speaking about are not on the same High school team there can be no comparison..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

if the two players you at=re speaking about are not on the same High school team there can be no comparison..

I agree, and I find this singling out of a player very distasteful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are on the same H.S. team and it is a direct comparison, thats the point, The H.S. team them becomes irrelevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you - beat me to it. This whole mess started because the original poster did not specify whether the girls go to the same school or not. If not, it's apples and oranges - like D1 vs D3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do these two girls go to the same H.S.? If not, you can't compare them, based on when they made varsity.

Even if they do go to the same H.S., do you really think that the H.S. teams don't have politics, friendships, etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that 2016 recruiting must be in the thick of it,what schools are the girls looking at and getting looked at by, just curious, I hear there is an early commit to Hofstra any others ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high school IS relevant. First guys right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high school matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try to think outside the box. It's not that hard in this case

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high school IS relevant. First guys right

Even if the HS matters, does that person really think there are no politics, favorites, friends, connections, etc?

Do you really think that's only at TG? If so, you're in for a rough ride!! Unfortunately, that stuff goes on everywhere!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like it was owned. Didnt notice TG owning their loss to Elevate though.

If you did your homework before you started complaining about "only 1 goal in a 25 minute game" you would have seen that all the way back in post #39840 that the loss was owned by top guns. If you continue to look further back you would have noticed that no whining came after the loss at national draw and actually congratulatory posts were submitted. Again, get over it and stay on your own board,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high school matters

Ok, so lets agree that you've uncovered a great conspiracy, that nepotism or favoritism or even friendship does in fact affect how the TG puts a few players on its top team. It's his business (or hers..) it is ultimately his decision on how to construct the team.. is it right?? does it have to be right??

If you owned a pizzeria, and your brothers kid came in for lunch.. are you gonna charge her..same thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the parent of every girl on purple............... [/quote]I know this to be true. A black player on 2015 makes the team every year, not because she is good but because of the town she lives in and the close relationship to the coach, this same girl did not make her varsity high school team until she was a sophomore, and barley got any playing time. A purple player in the same year made varsity as a freshman and gets extensive playing time. It is not fir me to make up anyones mind, but this seems to concur that in Top Guns, it's not how well you play but who you know [/quote]

When a kid make varsity doesn't really give an indication of how good they are. You need to provide more information. What HS?. A kid could play varsity as a freshman in one place and never make it somewhere else. [/quote]A girl on 2015 black didn't make a varsity team at High School A. While a girl on 2015 purple made varsity, and got considerable playing time. The only difference between Top Guns , and High School A is that at Top Guns the black player was friends with the coach, and at High School A when the friendly coach is not there, and she is forced to prove herself she is 1. unable to secure a position, and 2. unable to make it on the field because her performance and attitude is poor. the High School in question is irrelevant , suffice it to say that with out the political connection , the black player is second rate in the eyes of an impartial evaluator. Good luck playing for Top Guns, pucker up to excel [/quote]

if the two players you at=re speaking about are not on the same High school team there can be no comparison.. [/quote]they are on the same H.S. team and it is a direct comparison, thats the point, The H.S. team them becomes irrelevant [/quote]

I went back and read it again..I got it now...Politics on the TG 's??? Sh*t happens

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do these two girls go to the same H.S.? If not, you can't compare them, based on when they made varsity.

Even if they do go to the same H.S., do you really think that the H.S. teams don't have politics, friendships, etc?

Sometimes it's worse!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was I that wrote the original post , so let me clarify with much apologies. Yes both girls go to the same high school. To be perfectly honest there is a bias, towards a a completely different club that does not have enough players to field a varsity team ( not y.j. or t.g) there is no bias in this coach towards either player, she knew neither girl by name, affiliation, or reputation prior to the freshman year of high school, IMHO this coach has done a good job building team with the resources available to her, and is trying to build a good program, so will play the better player to achieve this goal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was I that wrote the original post , so let me clarify with much apologies. Yes both girls go to the same high school. To be perfectly honest there is a bias, towards a a completely different club that does not have enough players to field a varsity team ( not y.j. or t.g) there is no bias in this coach towards either player, she knew neither girl by name, affiliation, or reputation prior to the freshman year of high school, IMHO this coach has done a good job building team with the resources available to her, and is trying to build a good program, so will play the better player to achieve this goal

So, you think only TG is riddled with politics, and this coach is completely unbiased, with no favorites, etc? Wait until your daughter's playing time diminishes for some reason....it will be favorites again! Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you think only TG is riddled with politics, and this coach is completely unbiased, with no favorites, etc? Wait until your daughter's playing time diminishes for some reason....it will be favorites again! Good luck!
You must be the parent of one of those politicly advantaged Top Guns players, and thats good for you and your daughter, but don't become bitter because you get called out on it. In this situation the black player was exposed for not being as strong as the purple player, in most cases it doesn't happen and your secret stays safe. As far as my daughter goes have no fear, she started as a freshman and won a dog fight with another girl to secure the starters postion on this same team,she makes a top level club team every year, but unlike your daughter she is not granted a spot because of who I know, she is one of the rare girls on Long Island that has earned her way by hard work, and that lesson will serve her when she goes out into the world without me. How about yours, will you continue to kiss butt even when she is in college sitting on the bench

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the parent of one of those politicly advantaged Top Guns players, and thats good for you and your daughter, but don't become bitter because you get called out on it. In this situation the black player was exposed for not being as strong as the purple player, in most cases it doesn't happen and your secret stays safe. As far as my daughter goes have no fear, she started as a freshman and won a dog fight with another girl to secure the starters postion on this same team,she makes a top level club team every year, but unlike your daughter she is not granted a spot because of who I know, she is one of the rare girls on Long Island that has earned her way by hard work, and that lesson will serve her when she goes out into the world without me. How about yours, will you continue to kiss butt even when she is in college sitting on the bench

Unfortunately, I have no connections, and my daughter is not on a top team, but I don't blame it on politics. I do however realize that it happens everywhere, even in real life. That's been my general point all along. You basically came on here, and made it sound like TG is solely based on who you know, which is definitely not true. Sounds like your daughter is very talented, and will do very well for herself. You sound intelligent, so hopefully you're not teaching her that whenever it doesn't go her way, it's because of the program, the politics, and the connections. Be happy she's doing so well on the school team, and enjoy whichever "non-TG" top team you decide to go with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't know what you're talking about. Keep blaming it on butt kissing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did these girls play in ms? If so then the coach is not using all resources available. Saying she was totally unfamiliar with either girls means she never saw a middle school game or spoke with the ms coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did these girls play in ms? If so then the coach is not using all resources available. Saying she was totally unfamiliar with either girls means she never saw a middle school game or spoke with the ms coach.

I bet she wasn't unfamiliar with either girl...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, I have no connections, and my daughter is not on a top team, but I don't blame it on politics. I do however realize that it happens everywhere, even in real life. That's been my general point all along. You basically came on here, and made it sound like TG is solely based on who you know, which is definitely not true. Sounds like your daughter is very talented, and will do very well for herself. You sound intelligent, so hopefully you're not teaching her that whenever it doesn't go her way, it's because of the program, the politics, and the connections. Be happy she's doing so well on the school team, and enjoy whichever "non-TG" top team you decide to go with.
Thank you, and I teach her that it is not all politics , some times chemistry , some times timing, some times other factors,
Of course there are biases on the team, but towards the coaches club team, witch is neither T.G. or Y.J. Again i will state the coaches club team is small and she understands that she must take players from all clubs to succeed, and no it is not ms.
To prove that the coach is as unbiased as possible, there are 2 goalies from her club, the starting goalie won the position from a girl from the coaches club simply because she works harder and is a better team mate and payer. I truly have a lot of respect for the coach to surrender her club bias and play the stronger players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from a parent who has no daughter on Top Gun but has been around since a year or two before Top Gun began. If you parents could only see yourselves from outside your little bubble. It is so very sad..black this purple that, white whatever...you sound as ridiculous as the nonsense that goes on on the yj thread. All the while missing the point...just enjoy your daughters playing a great sport with great kids. As others have said...it goes so very quickly! NO One will every remember what color your daughter played for.

Great Post! The longer I have been a part of the travel lax experience, the more I agree. Just have fun! Enjoy it! It does go fast. And try to stay as stress free as you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself , you sound like your daughters the only kid on Long Island who deserves her spot, truth is way more kids don not have connections than do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will you all please get a life. The apple never falls far from the tree. Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself, were you a high school star? did you go on to college and excell? I'm positive that 99.9 percemt of you never even played a sport at a high level. What makes you think your poor gene pool missed your princess. Both clubs try and put the best product on the field, if you don't agree your princess must not have made a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself , you sound like your daughters the only kid on Long Island who deserves her spot, truth is way more kids don not have connections than do.
whos [lacrosse] are you kissing shannons or carols

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will you all please get a life. The apple never falls far from the tree. Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself, were you a high school star? did you go on to college and excell? I'm positive that 99.9 percemt of you never even played a sport at a high level. What makes you think your poor gene pool missed your princess. Both clubs try and put the best product on the field, if you don't agree your princess must not have made a top team.

Why don't you just shut up and get my garbage from the curb already!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you just shut up and get my garbage from the curb already!

Are you an adult? Middle school response at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You either didn't read the entire conversation, and decided to inject your juvenile, uneducated, self serving opinion into a conversation at random. Or you are one of those parents that we're speaking of. My guess is probably a mixture of both. tHe conversation on the outset had nothing to do with my daughter, it was about the child of a whinny sniveling parent such as yourself using there friendships and butt kissing ability to get there daughter on T.G. black, while a more deserving, and quite frankly better purple player was able to beat her out on a H.S. varsity team Or for your slower mind other peoples hard working daughters getting screwed over by people with no integrity ( such as yourself ) Someone asked about my daughter, and I answered. The one thing you wrote that is true is that there are lots of kids like my daughter, and the purple player that work real hard, I bet yours isn't one of them and you do all the hard work for her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You either didn't read the entire conversation, and decided to inject your juvenile, uneducated, self serving opinion into a conversation at random. Or you are one of those parents that we're speaking of. My guess is probably a mixture of both. tHe conversation on the outset had nothing to do with my daughter, it was about the child of a whinny sniveling parent such as yourself using there friendships and butt kissing ability to get there daughter on T.G. black, while a more deserving, and quite frankly better purple player was able to beat her out on a H.S. varsity team Or for your slower mind other peoples hard working daughters getting screwed over by people with no integrity ( such as yourself ) Someone asked about my daughter, and I answered. The one thing you wrote that is true is that there are lots of kids like my daughter, and the purple player that work real hard, I bet yours isn't one of them and you do all the hard work for her

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the color of team a girl is on. With the coaching changes if I were a betting person I would wager a fine sum of $$ that the owners know what team will now be considered the "B" team. As someone stated earlier-politics play a role in life, some girls clearly can't keep up and remain on black or purple but now that they are entering high school it will be the coaches job to work around that. Those who are being coached by Andrew will have a National Championship coach who is very competitive and knowledgable. Very lucky young ladies!

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 220 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard