BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 200 of 214 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is anyone else extremely concerned by the new St Anthony’s assistant filtering kids through his training. I know most public schools won’t hire those who train or coach club due to conflict of interest. Why is it ok in this situation when a handful of the team is at his private sessions and winter league where he’s making $ off them and in a few months will be choosing who subs in and makes a team?

It should be very concerning as St Anthony's has become a pay/play with the new assistant coach.

To the poster that said they trained there before: not true. Shame on st ants for allowing this. They have done so well with proper filtering until now

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid turned down princeton because it would have been too long a drive for us. Pls let us know what D1 school offers you turned down, because of roster size. thanks

You're missing the point. Committing to a D1 school and never seeing the field isn't for everyone. If the education, playing time, money and comfort is there in. D2 school for an athlete it's a wonderful thing. Travel is a consideration for some folks who don't have the money to fly to games and stay in hotels. Many families have other school age children, maybe one income homes or have disabled spouse or special needs kids that can't travel. So yea, sometimes D2 schools are a better fit, No sarcasm here, enjoy watching your child play wherever they decide because life throws you curveballs every now and then and you never know how long you have left. Peace.
This post is spot on! The people who post sarcastic comments are so ignorant. I for one am a small
Business owner with 4 kids under 16. My sophomore just commited to an excellent academic d2 school within a 3 hr drive of my home. That's what worked for us. She had 2 offers from good d1 lax schools. But they were not as good once you factored in the travel time expenses and th possibility of. Not playing as much.

Its just my opinion, but i would sacrifice me being able to see my kid play live, for her to be at a better school. We've heard on the forum alot about kids having good d1 offers, curious to hear which schools. I do agree with going to a D2 school instead of a D1 school and not getting on the field. With that said its none of my business or anyone else what decisions people make.

Everyone should make whatever decisions are best for them of course. There is just so much misinformation floating around on here though that sometimes it seems like it's difficult to really know the tradeoffs you are making. Financially, academically etc. Not just for the short run, but for the long run. For instance, if it's a 10k a year difference, but a much better academic institution, seems like it might be worth it to take a student loan for the difference etc. Or the guy that says u need 100 GPA to get into an Ivy, which is wrong. And I know a kid going to G-town w a 2.9 GPA and one to BC w similar. So what are the grades a kid actually needs to get into certain schools. Whether it's D1, D2 or D3. It would be great if people were willing to honestly share the tradeoffs they have made. It would help the rest of us. What D1 schools were turned down for the D2 opportunity. Who's kid made the decision to play D3? Why? What's the equivalent talent level in D1 for Courtland or Middlebury? So what are some likely choices between divisions for that level of player etc.

"What are the grades that a kid actually needs to get into certain schools?"

- It all depends on where the coach has the player ranked on their recruiting list. The #1 recruit on the list will not have the same requirements as the # 8.

The Ivy's work off of an "academic index" there are minimum requirements for each individual. However, the average for the recruiting class is significantly higher than the minimum therefore if a priority recruit is close to the minimum the coach will take a less qualified player if they have better grades (in order to pull the class average up).

Other Highly Competitive Schools such as Duke, Georgetown, BC, ND etc... have what are known as "Slots". The coach has the ability to get a certain number of players into the school. In general, those students must have very good grades but the requirements are less than a regular student would need to get into the school. For a recruited athlete the coach would like to see 90+ avg and a minimum of 1200 on the SAT and 27 ACT. Anything less would be cause for concern. Again, the coach will have more flexibility with their top recruits.

From what I have been told, Northwestern does not have a cap on admission slots but they follow similar guideline as to who they choose to get into the school.

Remember, the coaches want the kids to be successful both on the field and in the classroom. Coaches will only take so many chances with players who do not demonstrate that they have the ability to succeed in the classroom.

As far as scholarship dollars go, don't listen to anyone. Each individual case is different. The Top recruits at fully funded schools are offered significant $$. The #1 recruit might get 75% or more, the #5 might get 25-30% and the #9 or #10 might be offered an admission slot and no athletic scholarship.
Each case is different.

If finances and cost are your biggest concern explore all options. If your daughter is a good student and a good lacrosse player you should be able to find a school that will be able to make it work financially.

If your daughter is a great student and a great lacrosse player she can write her own ticked to any school she wants. if your daughter is great student and an ok lacrosse player she can fide a school that will give her a lot of academic $$. If your daughter is a great lacrosse player and an average student she will be just fine as well, some really good schools will give plenty of athletic $$.

Ivy's do not offer athletic scholarships. (they have very generous need based aid).

Schools like Northwestens, Georgetown, Hopkins, ND, BC also offer generous need based aid packages. (they also offer athletic scholarships)

To the best of my knowledge you can not combine Athletic $$ and Need Based Aid. You can however combine Academic $$ and Athletic $$.

If your daughter is being recruited and offered a spot at North Carolina, Maryland, Penn State and Syracuse but not being offered a lot of $$ you can drop down a notch and be offered a lot more $$. It works the same way on the Academic side. If your daughter has the grades to be recruited and offered a spot and an Ivy you can drop down a bit academically and pick up significant academic $$.

DII and DIII have different rules than DI.

Wow. Thank you. Best, most accurate post I have ever seen on here. Huge help to lots of people trying to figure out the road ahead.

Above is great advice. If you are able to get your income down under $150K by dumping into 401, 457 etc. and your child has good grades and is a top player, you will actually get more money than most athletic scholarships offer at well endowed Ivies and others like Duke, Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins, Vandy. Even with an income of 170K you will get about 60% at Yale/Princeton/Penn. At the non-Ivies, you would automatically add 7% more on top of the need based (that’s the max allowed). Degrees from those type of schools open up many doors. A top 10 school is in a far different league than 20+. The goal should be to get into the best possible school paying the least possible money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The women of this orfan
Wantagh HS just released the lacrosse coaches.

What was the reason???

Because they are toxic, as is the entire crew over at LaxOn. Not a coincidence that Windsor was let go from Stony Brook School as well.

There’s a reason they have beef with so many people. Ego too big for their hats these days

More like lax off. Not sure why the egos are so big. Seems going from humble training company to trying to be a part of the club scene has back fired. All they do is try and out others down yet preach supporting one another. Not sure what happened to them. Not to mention talking poorly about other programs kids after their High-school games to their club players or simply approaching parents recruiting their kids through club and high-school platforms. It’s distasteful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The women of this orfan
Wantagh HS just released the lacrosse coaches.

What was the reason???

Because they are toxic, as is the entire crew over at LaxOn. Not a coincidence that Windsor was let go from Stony Brook School as well.

There’s a reason they have beef with so many people. Ego too big for their hats these days

More like lax off. Not sure why the egos are so big. Seems going from humble training company to trying to be a part of the club scene has back fired. All they do is try and out others down yet preach supporting one another. Not sure what happened to them. Not to mention talking poorly about other programs kids after their High-school games to their club players or simply approaching parents recruiting their kids through club and high-school platforms. It’s distasteful.

she’s the Wolf you don’t feed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else extremely concerned by the new St Anthony’s assistant filtering kids through his training. I know most public schools won’t hire those who train or coach club due to conflict of interest. Why is it ok in this situation when a handful of the team is at his private sessions and winter league where he’s making $ off them and in a few months will be choosing who subs in and makes a team?

It should be very concerning as St Anthony's has become a pay/play with the new assistant coach.

To the poster that said they trained there before: not true. Shame on st ants for allowing this. They have done so well with proper filtering until now

I think you people live in a bubble. The boy's Catholic(s) coaches run an entire lacrosse club Long Island. They still only play the best players at school, regardless of their club affiliation. An assistant girls' coach running training on the side is small potatoes. And yes, many HS coaches have training side gigs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you people live in a bubble. The boy's Catholic(s) coaches run an entire lacrosse club Long Island. They still only play the best players at school, regardless of their club affiliation. An assistant girls' coach running training on the side is small potatoes. And yes, many HS coaches have training side gigs.

Agreed, I can think of at least 2 dozen HS coaches off the top of my head that also coach club teams. A few even own or direct club programs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Agreed, I can think of at least 2 dozen HS coaches off the top of my head that also coach club teams. A few even own or direct club programs.

Just because they do, does it make it right? Conflicts of interest should be avoided at all costs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C is going to be a battle again this year. There are a lot of very talented players and great coaches in the division. With Westhampton Beach moving down from B there are now 8 legitimate, competitive programs playing for 6 playoff spots. It's going to be fun to watch.

Bayport is clearly the cream of the crop.

When has that mattered? Bayport is stacked every year. They lose, when it counts, every year.

The Bayport Bridesmaids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Just because they do, does it make it right? Conflicts of interest should be avoided at all costs.

2wolfes dude obviously conflict of interest but what’s more inflated than his fees is his ego. Bless those kids and their families

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2wolfes dude obviously conflict of interest but what’s more inflated than his fees is his ego. Bless those kids and their families

Couldn’t be father from true, and if you knew him at all you’d know. This whole thread about him training kids is unnecessary. All the coaches train kids. Get over it

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax on parents drive mini vans

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents acting like children again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn’t be father from true, and if you knew him at all you’d know. This whole thread about him training kids is unnecessary. All the coaches train kids. Get over it

not sure coach jack can fix that mess

so much for that strong 25 class , none of them did squat on varsity and their teams are getting beat by javees in winter ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t have a kid at SA’s but know the 25s who go and they are excellent players. This is the second time a comment about the 25s at SA’s has been on here. Sounds personal. Stop attacking 15 year olds and seek some help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t have a kid at SA’s but know the 25s who go and they are excellent players. This is the second time a comment about the 25s at SA’s has been on here. Sounds personal. Stop attacking 15 year olds and seek some help.

Exactly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is not one 2025 on either St. Ants team in the winter league .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so much for that strong 25 class , none of them did squat on varsity and their teams are getting beat by javees in winter ball

It's Winter League...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez - is SW26 really ranked below “B” teams? What is going on there? Is SW25 going to be their last good team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Winter League...

Do you realize that is not their actual SA Varsity team? Anyone can play in that winter group if they are junior/seniors lacrosse players. That’s why you are seeing a huge discrepancy in talent on the that winter team. Some girls will not make the team. You are also missing the girls who will most definitely be on the varsity team , who play on the other SA winter junior team. I also don’t think all their top girls have been together in any winter game yet? Due to Conflicts. Don’t worry, SA coaches have plenty to work with to make a top ranked Varsity team. They just need to figure it out, and put the right pieces together. They have plenty of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So concerned. This is comical. It happens at so many schools, even have some HS who have parents, family members as coaches. If you don't like it stop paying the bill.

It's Winter League...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk DII Pre-Season Power Rankings

1. BBP
2. Westhampton
3. Comsewogue
4. SWR
5. ESM
6. Rocky Point
7. Mount Sinai
8. Sayville
9. Smithtown W.
10. West Babylon
11. Miller Place
12. West Islip
13. Harborfields
14. Islip
15. East Islip
16. Hauppauge
17. Center Moriches
18. Kings Park
19. Mattituck
20. Babylon
21. Bellport
22. Deer Park
23. Port Jefferson
24. Elwood-John Glenn
25. North Babylon
26. East Hampton
27. Hampton Bays
28. Southampton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any one have suffolk county division 1 rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk has posted their schedule. Any idea when Nassau will post their schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island representing at the indoor championship

Bayport
Mt Sinai
Garden City
Massapequa
ESM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayport
Mt Sinai
Garden City
Massapequa
ESM

Thank you Bayport mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayport
Mt Sinai
Garden City
Massapequa
ESM

Thank you Bayport mom.

Yea, and not doing so well. All of LI out. Can’t compete with the better programs. And Mt. S not there. They were smart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayport
Mt Sinai
Garden City
Massapequa
ESM

Thank you Bayport mom.

Yea, and not doing so well. All of LI out. Can’t compete with the better programs. And Mt. S not there. They were smart

Oh relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayport
Mt Sinai
Garden City
Massapequa
ESM

Thank you Bayport mom.

Bayport Bridesmaids. Its catchy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Suffolk coaches! This would be a great time for you all to get off your lazy buts and start planning the end of season dinner. Would detest to see a repeat of the debacle that occurred the last few years! You can’t keep using the COVID excuse while every other sport has a recognition event. Please try to do right by the hardworking athletes this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop letting 2Wolves use your child’s image and likeness for free. He can coach and be a trainer if he wants. I am sure the St. Anthony’s girls like being on Instagram. Stop training for Instagram and stop “using” the top players in Suffolk to stuff your pockets.

Kids today are so gullible. Being on Instragram means nothing when it comes time to perform on the field. Any decent play can hit corner targets lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop letting 2Wolves use your child’s image and likeness for free. He can coach and be a trainer if he wants. I am sure the St. Anthony’s girls like being on Instagram. Stop training for Instagram and stop “using” the top players in Suffolk to stuff your pockets.

Kids today are so gullible. Being on Instragram means nothing when it comes time to perform on the field. Any decent play can hit corner targets lol

Sounds like Karen’s daughter isn’t very good and wasn’t asked to train.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, sounds like jealously. Jack is a GREAT trainer. Always positive, and very knowledgeable. My daughter loves him, and he has helped her improve. Why are you so worried about who is on Instagram? How old are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I partially agree, but would spread the net wider to anyone trying to use your child’s image and likeness. Unlike when my kids went to college, these kids are in a unique position to build their own brands, make money off of their image and likeness and start their own training businesses (while in college, even HS). My kids couldn’t work at the corner store 😆. It is something new to navigate but be diligent in how your child’s image is used, especially if it helping other people make money.

If their not going to pay you for your content at least get a discount on services 💴🫤

[Stop letting 2Wolves use your child’s image and likeness for free. He can coach and be a trainer if he wants. I am sure the St. Anthony’s girls like being on Instagram. Stop training for Instagram and stop “using” the top players in Suffolk to stuff your pockets.

Kids today are so gullible. Being on Instragram means nothing when it comes time to perform on the field. Any decent play can hit corner targets lol[/quote]

Sounds like Karen’s daughter isn’t very good and wasn’t asked to train.[/quote]

Yes, sounds like jealously. Jack is a GREAT trainer. Always positive, and very knowledgeable. My daughter loves him, and he has helped her improve. Why are you so worried about who is on Instagram? How old are you?[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at some of the schedules, why do some schools have 16 games, and others only 14. Shouldn’t everyone have the same number of contests? How does that work with stats, when not everyone is playing the same number of games? Does this happen in college too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at some of the schedules, why do some schools have 16 games, and others only 14. Shouldn’t everyone have the same number of contests? How does that work with stats, when not everyone is playing the same number of games? Does this happen in college too?

Assuming you are looking at suffolk and not nassau?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Number of games, statistics etc.... are not really not very relevant when looking at the big picture of college or HS women's/girls lacrosse. There is such a huge difference in the caliber of teams it is very difficult to compare team records or individual statistics or use either as a benchmark.

I would not worry about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats notoriously bogus. Some coaches dont pay attention whole others pad the book for their top players. And for teams that dont compete against good competition, 1 strong player can rack up numbers easily.
Not a good measure of anything unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All Suffolk teams have 14 "league" games. The coaches are free to add two additional "non-league" games, giving their team a total of 16. Most add at least one, many add 2 occasionally, some add none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All Suffolk teams have 14 "league" games. The coaches are free to add two additional "non-league" games, giving their team a total of 16. Most add at least one, many add 2 occasionally, some add none.

Majority add 2 games. Possibly 2 Nassau teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 200 of 214 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard