BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 75 of 220 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that they take the top 3 players for black and then balance out the purple team with the rest of the players? Doesn't sound right to me either as you would not be as competitive a team if you do that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree 100%. My daughter is on TG black and the purple team is probably a better team in her age bracket. I .find it very sad that some of the over the top parents feel that there kid has to be on black. Give me a break.!! My daughters friends play on YJ teams 3&4 and they both got 3/4 rides to D1 schools. So again it doesn't matter which team you end up on , be proud that your child made a team . They are all equally strong.

3/4 rides for girls on the 3rd and 4th team - complete BS? 3/4 Rides are extremely rare. Did these girls get financial aid packages? Maybe. But they did not get rides or scholarships. That is just a parent making themselves feel better by telling you their daughter got a 3/4 ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not nor will they ever try to divide the talent on the teams equally. If you did that then the black team would not be competitive with other clubs top teams.Further it would not be fair to the better players who get put on purple or white.If you think college coaches do not care what team you play on because "they recruit individuals not teams" you would be misguided in that they are more likely to show interest in you when your resume says black player.I hope the white team is better than most other clubs 3 team but stop with the barely less than the black team, its just not the case. Have your kid work hard and they will eventually get moved up if the deserve it.

I don't remember anyone saying they divide the talent equally among all 3 teams, but if they did, that's incorrect. However, a few people, who seem to be involved in white and purple teams, correctly pointed out that the talent between white and purple may be similar. After they fill the black team, with whoever they think are the BEST players, they'll attempt to field two competitive teams, with purple and white. They're looking for an A, and two B's, not A, B, and C.

No way is the talent equally divided among the three. But no way is it the top 24 players on black, then next best 24 on purple and so on. The black team could easily be made better by trading out bottom 1/3 with white and purple. That is the point, they have left a good amount of talent on the other teams which is great. If you think every player on black is better than all the kids on the other two teams you are clueless. Every team needs the players who will take a back seat to the top players come crunch time. Every team has those fill out players. Seriously ask the parents of the studs on the team if they think the bottom of the roster could be improved. Not trying to be mean here, but trying to enlight some disillusioned parents out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not nor will they ever try to divide the talent on the teams equally. If you did that then the black team would not be competitive with other clubs top teams.Further it would not be fair to the better players who get put on purple or white.If you think college coaches do not care what team you play on because "they recruit individuals not teams" you would be misguided in that they are more likely to show interest in you when your resume says black player.I hope the white team is better than most other clubs 3 team but stop with the barely less than the black team, its just not the case. Have your kid work hard and they will eventually get moved up if the deserve it.

I don't remember anyone saying they divide the talent equally among all 3 teams, but if they did, that's incorrect. However, a few people, who seem to be involved in white and purple teams, correctly pointed out that the talent between white and purple may be similar. After they fill the black team, with whoever they think are the BEST players, they'll attempt to field two competitive teams, with purple and white. They're looking for an A, and two B's, not A, B, and C.

No way is the talent equally divided among the three. But no way is it the top 24 players on black, then next best 24 on purple and so on. The black team could easily be made better by trading out bottom 1/3 with white and purple. That is the point, they have left a good amount of talent on the other teams which is great. If you think every player on black is better than all the kids on the other two teams you are clueless. Every team needs the players who will take a back seat to the top players come crunch time. Every team has those fill out players. Seriously ask the parents of the studs on the team if they think the bottom of the roster could be improved. Not trying to be mean here, but trying to enlight some disillusioned parents out there.

Well said. Nice addition to what I mentioned...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about clueless. Have a discussion with those that determine the teams, I have. They try to put the best 24 players on black period. Do they get it wrong sometimes or are some of the stud players parents opinions different from theirs , yes. Do not fool yourself and think they have on purpose left a good amount of talent on purple and white , that is just not the case. Yes sometimes politics and positions make a difference in my opinion easier to make higher team as a dedicated defender and you probably have a few middies on lower teams that could step in and help on defense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about clueless. Have a discussion with those that determine the teams, I have. They try to put the best 24 players on black period. Do they get it wrong sometimes or are some of the stud players parents opinions different from theirs , yes. Do not fool yourself and think they have on purpose left a good amount of talent on purple and white , that is just not the case. Yes sometimes politics and positions make a difference in my opinion easier to make higher team as a dedicated defender and you probably have a few middies on lower teams that could step in and help on defense.

I agree, as mentioned in my post # 40115 above. They try to put the best on black, but they want purple and white to BOTH be competitive...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made purple. She can easily play black. Didn't have the best tryout. That's the way it goes. Next year will hopefully turn out better. Move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made purple. She can easily play black. Didn't have the best tryout. That's the way it goes. Next year will hopefully turn out better. Move on

So says the parent of every girl on purple...............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A well respected town coach told me that if the top 10 black and the top 10 purple were all on the same team they would be a real force. He went on to say the black team had no chemistry. Maybe things will change when they have tryouts for the U 15 team. Maybe they will concentrate less on equal playing time and focus more on playing talent as these are the high school years . Maybe black players were moved. Maybe the owners see black &purple as having equal talent. The girls don't care about the colors, maybe the parents shouldn't either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. My daughter is on purple, and it's a great fit for her, and our family. I think most parents would agree, whether they admit it or not. There are definitely some that feel their kids should be on black, but not even close to "every" parent, as you said. Black is not for everyone, and can be less enjoyable, and more stressful, due to the level of competition, among the teammates and parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummmm no so says the patent of a very talented lacrosse player. Be careful. Ur princess may just get bounced sweetie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have u never heard if someone having a bad tryout? Seriously??
There are Olympians that train endless hours and sometimes they choke in competition. Jeez get over urself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate is all girls

No one thinking about Top Guns would ever consider Elevate a viable option. Keep dreaming,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this to be true. A black player on 2015 makes the team every year, not because she is good but because of the town she lives in and the close relationship to the coach, this same girl did not make her varsity high school team until she was a sophomore, and barley got any playing time. A purple player in the same year made varsity as a freshman and gets extensive playing time. It is not fir me to make up anyones mind, but this seems to concur that in Top Guns, it's not how well you play but who you know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why the elevate B teams were beating the TG B and C teams at their Hofstra tournament this summer? Not a dream - a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The purple team only played tougher teams at the Hofstra Tournament, which the brackets were set up so that Black could have a cake walk to the finals to play Elevate.
The purple team was a joke for the majority of the season and ended winning all their games in Deleware while every competitive team at the 2017 age bracket was in Richmond. The parents were going crazy, paying for extra practices rolling their eyes at the complete lack of coaching until Andrew Smith finally was put in place. Taking away the previous year coach completely hurt them at the start of the season as her replacement was likely a decent player somewhere but not a force with regard to coaching.
The Smiths will likely pay attention now as the team is at the HS level, growing pains.
The white team is not a second B team, they are a C team and the expansion was made to not let potential players walk to other teams as they are just 9th graders and there is an opportunity to move up, all very smart business moves as is being the first tryouts each year.
Here is where it gets interesting, how many parents will send in that $500 check before the other Teams tryouts ?
I know personally that a group of the Purple girls that were demoted (yes it stings, but very true) to White are looking elsewhere.
As for recruiting, if you want your daughter playing D1 at a Top Ranked school thats great, she will give up a great deal of the college experience to be somewhat owned by the program. The expanse of the sport to the Mid West presents an opportunity for girls to play at amazing schools and get a great education. If in fact they as Long Islanders take advantage of new College programs they will likely be leaders on these teams, and possibly in their lives, what better lesson than that for a young woman in society today. If your here for anything more than putting a smile on your childs face and learning what a team is you got it all wrong, thats why its called a GAME !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. My daughter is on TG black and the purple team is probably a better team in her age bracket. I .find it very sad that some of the over the top parents feel that there kid has to be on black. Give me a break.!! My daughters friends play on YJ teams 3&4 and they both got 3/4 rides to D1 schools. So again it doesn't matter which team you end up on , be proud that your child made a team . They are all equally strong.

Yellow Jackets C and D team, and they received a three quarter scholarship? Amazing, considering Yellow Jackets A and B players probably average about a quarter coming out of high school, which is really good.

While your point about TG Black and Purple makes sense, don't try to strengthen the argument with complete and utter nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The purple team only played tougher teams at the Hofstra Tournament, which the brackets were set up so that Black could have a cake walk to the finals to play Elevate.
The purple team was a joke for the majority of the season and ended winning all their games in Deleware while every competitive team at the 2017 age bracket was in Richmond. The parents were going crazy, paying for extra practices rolling their eyes at the complete lack of coaching until Andrew Smith finally was put in place. Taking away the previous year coach completely hurt them at the start of the season as her replacement was likely a decent player somewhere but not a force with regard to coaching.
The Smiths will likely pay attention now as the team is at the HS level, growing pains.
The white team is not a second B team, they are a C team and the expansion was made to not let potential players walk to other teams as they are just 9th graders and there is an opportunity to move up, all very smart business moves as is being the first tryouts each year.
Here is where it gets interesting, how many parents will send in that $500 check before the other Teams tryouts ?
I know personally that a group of the Purple girls that were demoted (yes it stings, but very true) to White are looking elsewhere.
As for recruiting, if you want your daughter playing D1 at a Top Ranked school thats great, she will give up a great deal of the college experience to be somewhat owned by the program. The expanse of the sport to the Mid West presents an opportunity for girls to play at amazing schools and get a great education. If in fact they as Long Islanders take advantage of new College programs they will likely be leaders on these teams, and possibly in their lives, what better lesson than that for a young woman in society today. If your here for anything more than putting a smile on your childs face and learning what a team is you got it all wrong, thats why its called a GAME !!!!!

You have some very good points mixed in there, but you don't know ANYTHING about the White team yet...stick to what you know for now...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sending your check in, and staying on purple?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this to be true. A black player on 2015 makes the team every year, not because she is good but because of the town she lives in and the close relationship to the coach, this same girl did not make her varsity high school team until she was a sophomore, and barley got any playing time. A purple player in the same year made varsity as a freshman and gets extensive playing time. It is not fir me to make up anyones mind, but this seems to concur that in Top Guns, it's not how well you play but who you know

When a kid make varsity doesn't really give an indication of how good they are. You need to provide more information. What HS?. A kid could play varsity as a freshman in one place and never make it somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When a kid make varsity doesn't really give an indication of how good they are. You need to provide more information. What HS?. A kid could play varsity as a freshman in one place and never make it somewhere else.

Truer words have never been spoken...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that's your excuse for TG teams losing to Elevate after saying none if the teams are comparable? Sounds like you are the dreamer after all......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that's your excuse for TG teams losing to Elevate after saying none if the teams are comparable? Sounds like you are the dreamer after all......

What are you talking about? TG 2017 Black beat Elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate beat Top Guns at National Draw in a full game. Top Guns beat Elevate by 1 goal in a 25 minutes game at Top Guns own tournament. Not an excuse - just exactly what it was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be interested to hear how many new players tried out for TG (2017 -u15) who either
A). played JV (& had an impact) or
B). played Varsity in '13
for a Suffolk or Nassau championship (or semi final) team and actually got picked for Black / Purple / White.

Or how many new girls from these powerhouse towns tried out for the first time to TG and made the team.

Farmingdale
Bay Shore
Ward Melville
Garden City
Manhasset
Northport
West Islip
ESM
St A
Mt siani
Sayville
East Islip
wantaugh
Massapequa

OF THE 14 TOWNS ABOVE IF EACH TEAM AVG 5/6 STARS THEN YOU HAVE APPROX 80 PLAYERS ENOUGH FOR 4 QUALITY a TEAMS FOR ALL THE PROGRAMS TO SELECT FROM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You've got way too much free time!!

I would be interested to hear how many new players tried out for TG (2017 -u15) who either
A). played JV (& had an impact) or
B). played Varsity in '13
for a Suffolk or Nassau championship (or semi final) team and actually got picked for Black / Purple / White.

Or how many new girls from these powerhouse towns tried out for the first time to TG and made the team.

Farmingdale
Bay Shore
Ward Melville
Garden City
Manhasset
Northport
West Islip
ESM
St A
Mt siani
Sayville
East Islip
wantaugh
Massapequa

OF THE 14 TOWNS ABOVE IF EACH TEAM AVG 5/6 STARS THEN YOU HAVE APPROX 80 PLAYERS ENOUGH FOR 4 QUALITY a TEAMS FOR ALL THE PROGRAMS TO SELECT FROM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate beat Top Guns at National Draw in a full game. Top Guns beat Elevate by 1 goal in a 25 minutes game at Top Guns own tournament. Not an excuse - just exactly what it was.

First YJ, not Elevate people, coming here, picking fights? Why are we even talking about Elevate vs. TG??? Who cares? They're both good programs...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the check is going in, but she'll be staying on Black, but we have friends on both Purple and White and they have both spoke of possibly looking elsewhere.
There are girls headed to White from Purple that are not happy and that is from the Parents mouths.
People will do whats best for their child in most cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the bottom line on all this will be decided when TG sends a U15 team to Nationals and all those studs from the Purple and White team are on the squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR powerhouse also. Mt Sinai only won this year and the year swr moved up to b

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the check is going in, but she'll be staying on Black, but we have friends on both Purple and White and they have both spoke of possibly looking elsewhere.
There are girls headed to White from Purple that are not happy and that is from the Parents mouths.
People will do whats best for their child in most cases.

How can you say the Purple team was a "joke", if you weren't even there?? BTW, I know there are kids on black, who would like to escape to purple, if they were allowed. It should be all about doing what's best for each individual child, like you said...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the bottom line on all this will be decided when TG sends a U15 team to Nationals and all those studs from the Purple and White team are on the squad.

Let's hear from those who have already been to the U15 tourny- did TG take the entire black team? Were any purple girls on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First YJ, not Elevate people, coming here, picking fights? Why are we even talking about Elevate vs. TG??? Who cares? They're both good programs...

There was an original question on here asking which programs were all girls programs. I responded to that and added that Elevate was all girls. Some person chose to make an obnoxious post about Elevate. Yes I agree it is a strong up and coming program. They have some very good teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Let's hear from those who have already been to the U15 tourny- did TG take the entire black team? Were any purple girls on the team?

When the 2015 team went, it was mostly 2015 black but not all made the team, a few 2015 purple and a few girls from the older and younger teams, not sure which color.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The TGs should really send two teams just like the YJs have done, we have seen that second teams may actually go further than the first team. But that would be one big consideration when choosing which club to play for, especially if your daughter is on the second or third team. For TGs you are on the outside watching, at least playing for YJ, you may get the opportunity to go and compete at the u15 championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't tg just win the u15 nationals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

When the 2015 team went, it was mostly 2015 black but not all made the team, a few 2015 purple and a few girls from the older and younger teams, not sure which color.

Thank you. My daughter has been asked to play on TG, will be trying out for another team before she decides where she wants to play. Your reply iand insight is appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
listen to this guy "at least playing for YJ, you may get the opportunity to go and compete at the u15 championships."

AND GET YOUR BUTTS KICKED BY TOPGUNS. hows that feel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
better hurry up before you lose your position

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team that just won had a couple 2016 purple players

Like Reply Quote
Page 75 of 220 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard