BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 112 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters benefited that weekend from Refs who struggled to pay attention to the girls who were in violation of the three second rule. When you run a zone backer defense, if refs aren’t on top of it, you can get away with it.

Make no mistake, they are a strong team, I’d easily put them top -10, but they won’t be able to do what they did at St Paul’s in most games.

Oh I think they paid attention. How couldn't they with all the crying from the opposing coaches. Note how many bench penalties there were. And its not like LI teams get any favors from refs down in MD ever anyway.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zone is very tough to break, if they can stay in the 8 meter over 3 seconds.

Make no mistake, opposing coaches know what they do know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty clear M&D and BLC, with not a lot of games as it’s fall, playing some weak teams (outside top 30) hurt their overall score.

Meanwhile are teams like NEMS, Coppermine, Integrity out of the top -30 for good? Not a good look for the state of MD if that is the case.

Intregrity can probably be a fringe top 30 team. NEMS will be lucky to be top 100. Coppermine will probably end up around 50.
The NEMS program from the 2027 team and lower should be considered B level teams. You know the club is in trouble when HARCOs best young players are willing to drive 45-60 minutes to play for another club.

They actually had a good thing going on the 27 team. Sorry to see they couldn't keep it together

When you can't find 12 girls to play in a big summer tourney due to other sport conflicts, you know it was the beginning of the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that Fall season is over, time to focus on NGLL.

I really hope NGLL doesn't do the North vs South division which basically gave M&D a cake walk to the playoffs.
I assume 16 teams, 8 per division?
FCA won B, so they would be added into A.

I would do it this way based on competitiveness of the teams, unlike last year.

Red
M&D Black
BLC
Skywalkers
Pride - NOVA
Integrity
NEMS
Stars
TLC

Blue
Hero's Green
MD United
Coppermine
M&D Shore
Hero's White
Pride-Loudon (formerly Cavs)
CCLax
FCA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those brackets look great - and fair!! Can someone please submit this to the committee!!!?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would assume Integrity will move to B now that 2 of their best players defected to MDU
NEMS should follow them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would assume Integrity will move to B now that 2 of their best players defected to MDU

[Censored] for Integrity. They were the surprise of last spring in the NGLL. Not sure why you'd jump to MDU though - and not Hero's or M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a huge gap between the top A and bottom A, just pointing that out, I think those bottom teams do deserve a shot to play against the top-10 teams nationally, no different than other sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone recommend a speed sensor for shooting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't M&D just add 3 players from NEMS over summer? How many balls do you think HG and M&D can use in a game exactly?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone recommend a speed sensor for shooting?

I am assuming you asked for a speed G*U*N, for some reason that word is not allowed, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I own the Bushnell and the Netplayz…and prefer the Bushnell. Only problem is it requires someone behind the net holding it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I own the Bushnell and the Netplayz…and prefer the Bushnell. Only problem is it requires someone behind the net holding it.

Bushnell works great, though tends to be about 3 to 5 mph lower than more "official" ones. I like this because it makes my daughter work harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't M&D just add 3 players from NEMS over summer? How many balls do you think HG and M&D can use in a game exactly?

I think those 2 teams specifically are getting to the point where not much turnover will happen going forward. Sure, there will be 1 add here or there. But their rosters are not going to grow (unless a massive money grab) and both teams (along with BLC) are pretty strong top to bottom.

These teams will keep their current player over a potential new player in the event of a "tie" in talent. Unless that kid or their parent is a pain.

As M&D added 3 talented players and a good goalie. And Hero's added talent from MDU, I think they have just about maxed out the local "upper level" talent from the area.

I will say this, if you look at potential brackets for tournaments like LFTC...it could be stacked full of some high level talent.

BLC
M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces
A potential Eaglestix visit
Steps Cali
Jesters

That's a fantastic potential bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTFC is a bad example because of the way that tournament works.

The top A bracket gets 3 seeds into the playoffs.

The next one gets 2 seeds,

The rest get 1 seed (typically 5-7)

Almost better to be in that 2nd bracket and get that playoff seed and roll the dice in a 22 min game.

To your point, HG and M&D are pretty loaded with talent. Adding a girl from another club isn't going to move the needle, you are taking playing time away from a current top player for a new top player, net gain is zero.

Skywalkers, MDU, Coppermine, Pride are the teams that a talented kid can really move the needle and become an engine on those teams as opposed to another spoke in the wheel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think those 2 teams specifically are getting to the point where not much turnover will happen going forward. Sure, there will be 1 add here or there. But their rosters are not going to grow (unless a massive money grab) and both teams (along with BLC) are pretty strong top to bottom.

These teams will keep their current player over a potential new player in the event of a "tie" in talent. Unless that kid or their parent is a pain.

As M&D added 3 talented players and a good goalie. And Hero's added talent from MDU, I think they have just about maxed out the local "upper level" talent from the area.

I will say this, if you look at potential brackets for tournaments like LFTC...it could be stacked full of some high level talent.

BLC
M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces
Steps Cali
Jesters

You will see multiple BLC girls at tryouts for M&D and Heros. There will be some roster turnover next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of BLC girls will go to Capital (I'm guessing over half), but I'm sure a few go to M&D or HG, I'm just not sure how many are going to knock off the current rostered kids. I'd be shocked if more than 1 is added.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC
M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces
Steps Cali
Jesters

STEPS will never play any of its top three teams anywhere near the top bracket in a championship tourney. I would expect Steps Navy and Steps Cali to each win a middle bracket and steps Carolina to win one of the lowest brackets.

I would expect Pride or Prime Time to be the last team in the top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those brackets look great - and fair!! Can someone please submit this to the committee!!!?

Won't happen. There will always be a north/south split. Though obviously some more central teams can be in either half.

This was what Robinson sports promised the virginia teams in order to get them to join NGLL Maryland.

Based on the 16 previously mentioned, i'd expect brackets to look like

North
M&D Black
Hero's White
Skywalkers
NEMS
Coppermine
TLC
FCA
Integrity

South
Hero's Green
MD United
M&D Shore
CCLax
BLC
Stars
Pride - NOVA
Integrity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have Integrity listed twice.

Why would Hero's White be in North and HG in South? Clearly South is loaded, this is the issue last year and why you had NEMS and Coppermine in playoffs over better teams in South.

PRIDE has been in NGLL since 2020, when it was not divided into a North South so I don't understand that theory.

You can also schedule NGLL games in areas closer for Pride/Stars while still putting them in North Division. You had LBC driving to Western Regional last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't happen. There will always be a north/south split. Though obviously some more central teams can be in either half.

This was what Robinson sports promised the virginia teams in order to get them to join NGLL Maryland.

Based on the 16 previously mentioned, i'd expect brackets to look like

North
M&D Black
Hero's White
Skywalkers
NEMS
Coppermine
TLC
FCA
Integrity

South
Hero's Green
MD United
M&D Shore
CCLax
BLC
Stars
Pride - NOVA
Integrity

I would switch out Hero's White and Nems to South and move up Pride (NOVA) and MDU to North. That's a better separation of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HG and M&D are no brainer top in each division and should remain separate for this reason

BLC is in its own tier, and obviously where they end up is a challenge for rest of division as its two tough games.

Pride NOVA and MDU are the next tier and should be separated same reasoning as HG and M&D.

SW and Coppermine is in the next tier and should be separated.

M&D Shore in its own tier, can obviously beat Coppermine/SW.

Hero's White, CClax, Integrity, Stars I would group together but I think Integrity still best of that bunch. Split them up by two.

Remaining teams are NEMS, TLC, Pride-Loudon, FCA. They likely only get wins only amongst themselves. No more than two should be in same division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters benefited that weekend from Refs who struggled to pay attention to the girls who were in violation of the three second rule. When you run a zone backer defense, if refs aren’t on top of it, you can get away with it.

Make no mistake, they are a strong team, I’d easily put them top -10, but they won’t be able to do what they did at St Paul’s in most games.

Jesters runs a very plain vanilla zone. Any team that knows how to quickly change the point of attack will break it down easily.

Granted, Jesters is a great team. Lots of speed in midfield, very physical and win a ton of GBs and a very good goalie. I'd put them somewhere between 8 and 15.

Their one weakness is that they don't have a dominant scorer. I imagine in the summer they will play a bunch of 6-5 or 5-3 kinda games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw NGLL divisions.

Can't believe a few of the clubs in A. Can't see Coppermine B or Next Level staying within 5 or 6 goals of anyone else. And the top clubs could probably put up 20+ if they tried to.

This pretty much proved they NGLL needs 3 divisions at the 7th and 8th grade level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw NGLL divisions.

Can't believe a few of the clubs in A. Can't see Coppermine B or Next Level staying within 5 or 6 goals of anyone else. And the top clubs could probably put up 20+ if they tried to.

This pretty much proved they NGLL needs 3 divisions at the 7th and 8th grade level

It really doesn't matter. After M&D, Bethesda and Hero's. They are the only 3 legitimate contenders. After that pick any other 13 teams you want. Sure, some teams are somewhat competitive. But after top 5 or 6 it is a precipitous drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure Bethesda is even a legitimate contender...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They’re a top 10 team nationally. Beat some of the biggies from time to time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are legit. If you played them you would know. If you haven't, then you probably play at a much lower level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much more of a contender than Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw NGLL divisions.

Where did you see the NGLL Divisions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney App but only has all the teams listed by age and division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s Green has no holdbacks. I believe M&D technically does, but those girls have been in the age group for forever. So they were not a holdback for lacrosse, but likely a summer birthday holdback going into kindergarten.

M&D rarely play Nationals, just like Heros' 26' team...thats the sign of a team with numerous holdbacks. And holdbacks are a clear advantage until sophomore year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s Green has no holdbacks. I believe M&D technically does, but those girls have been in the age group for forever. So they were not a holdback for lacrosse, but likely a summer birthday holdback going into kindergarten.

M&D rarely play Nationals, just like Heros' 26' team...thats the sign of a team with numerous holdbacks. And holdbacks are a clear advantage until sophomore year.

Especially over your daughter's subpar team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros technically has 1. But it is an august birthday who has been with this team forever. This isn't boys lax where a majority of top players are holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters runs a very plain vanilla zone. Any team that knows how to quickly change the point of attack will break it down easily.

Granted, Jesters is a great team. Lots of speed in midfield, very physical and win a ton of GBs and a very good goalie. I'd put them somewhere between 8 and 15.

Their one weakness is that they don't have a dominant scorer. I imagine in the summer they will play a bunch of 6-5 or 5-3 kinda games.

Interesting analysis...if there's one call refs are all over, it's 3 seconds.. as far as a zone, of course it can be beat just like any man defense...from what i've seen, they play 2 different zones...it's a team game, a dominant scorer isn't needed. the game of lacrosse requires one girl to have the ability to beat one defender, everything after involves ball movement.. must be a disgruntled hero parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs call shooting space way too much. I've seen it called when girl (shooter) was at GLE, not even in the 8. The girl must be in a position to shoot, often they call this when girl is retreating out of the 8.

3 seconds might be the most undercalled call in girls.

Yes, I do agree, dominant scorer is not needed, teams that spread the ball are the toughest to stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs call shooting space way too much. I've seen it called when girl (shooter) was at GLE, not even in the 8. The girl must be in a position to shoot, often they call this when girl is retreating out of the 8.

If the girls is in the 8, facing forward (towards goal), it is shooting space. whether or not they are retreating is not a factor.
I agree it may not be fair, but that is the rule as written.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which teams are doing NGLL this spring? I know Tradition, Jesters, and Legacy are. Any others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ru

If the girls is in the 8, facing forward (towards goal), it is shooting space. whether or not they are retreating is not a factor.
I agree it may not be fair, but that is the rule as written.

Rule is "ability" to shoot a legal shot not "intent" to shoot.

I have less of a problem with shooting space and more of a problem with the lack of dangerous propels being called. Just because the ball doesn't hit the player doesn't always mean it isn't a dangerous propel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which teams are doing NGLL this spring? I know Tradition, Jesters, and Legacy are. Any others?

Ask the northeast forum

Page 72 of 112 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard