BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2022 (4th Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 11:00am

9/7, fl$, 8:00am
9/7, Team 91, 12:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 3:00pm
9/7, Blaze, 5:30pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm
9/7, Jesters, 8:30pm
9/7, Team Igloo

9/8, fl$, 8:00am
9/8, Jesters, 8:30pm
9/8, Team Igloo

9/14, Team 91, 9:00am
9/14, Legacy, 10:45am
9/14, Outlaws, 10:45am
9/14, Team Igloo

9/15, Team Igloo

9/21, True Blue, 11:00am

9/22, Legacy, 10:45am
9/22, True Blue, 2:00pm
9/22, Recon, 6:30pm

10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear that 2022 Igloo had 6 GC players that will not be returning because they are playing town select team. If that is true then theres probably 6-10 openings on Igloo 2022. This is pretty unique for such a good team and a good opportunity kids who cant make the 1-2 slots on Smash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches the 2022 team? Any good or bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Jason Stadler from syosset. Great coach, my son played for igloo last year. Trying out this year. But for 91 smash we beat every LI team we faced. Stadler s great with the kids and a great coach. Jst my 2 cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jason Stadler from syosset. Great coach, my son played for igloo last year. Trying out this year. But for 91 smash we beat every LI team we faced. Stadler s great with the kids and a great coach. Jst my 2 cents.

Why are you not trying out for Igloo again?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you not trying out for Igloo again?

Please re-read the post "Trying out this year". My son will tryout. I recommend Igloo and coach Stadler.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying that Smash didn't beat Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying that Smash didn't beat Igloo?

No, the comment says just the opposite...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash outplayed and out coached Igloo every time they played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash outplayed and out coached Igloo every time they played.

No doubt smash is a good team with a good coach but help me understand what "out coached every time they played" means in 9 year old lacrosse. I coach youth lacrosse and we practice then we play games, we try to do in the games what we practiced. That is about the extent of coaching a 3rd grade game. If you had left it as smash outplayed igloo every time they played I would probably agree. You somehow confused winning a game with one coach out coaching the other. So, safe to say you guys got out coached in Maryland when the diamondbacks beat you? Or all the other losses last year, despite often playing up? I don't think you were out coached, you simply got out played those games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we all know that Smash and Igloo are the two best teams. What are the other teams that we should be interested in - based on what you all observed. In terms of coaching and development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that nobody can say which program is better. You have to attend multiple try-outs and see which team is a better fit for your child. Watch coaches and the way they interact with your son or daughter, also watch the other players and parents. Then when the emails come in you decide what fit is best for your child. Just because 91 Smash and Igloo are better teams does not mean they are the best fit for your child. Every kid is different and the grass is not always greener.
Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not make this smash vs. Igloo. If you talk to the kids and the coaches from both organizations they would most likely tell you that they are respectful to each other and always play hard against each other. As parents let us all relax and understand the kids know each other and some are friends, and as parents sit back and watch and enjoy; don't judge, don't write information that isn't productive or that you don't understand. Both organizations are good, they offer good coaching, year around training and competition, and a family environment. Lets leave it at that instead of always taking shots. Just have fun, remember that is what its about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not make this smash vs. Igloo. If you talk to the kids and the coaches from both organizations they would most likely tell you that they are respectful to each other and always play hard against each other. As parents let us all relax and understand the kids know each other and some are friends, and as parents sit back and watch and enjoy; don't judge, don't write information that isn't productive or that you don't understand. Both organizations are good, they offer good coaching, year around training and competition, and a family environment. Lets leave it at that instead of always taking shots. Just have fun, remember that is what its about.

Okay. What are the next three clubs that have the core to compete. Express 2022 they played them both and had some competitive games against them. HDD played 91 united solid and beat them at spring lax jam during pool play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash is clearly the #1 squad
Igloo is #2

I dont thin anyone is a close 3,4,5..

Igloo beat everyone NOT named Smash. Let your location dictate where your child plays. Why travel to Suffolk if you live on the North Shore or vice-versa?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is true that the GC boys are not returning to Igloo to stay in house as mentioned in an earlier post, how will that affect the makeup of the Igloo team next year. Didn't GC make up 50% of the team. Igloo will clearly have a whole new look next year and give a lot of other boys a chance to play for the #2 2022 team on LI. This doesn't happen very often. Also would be curious to see what the GC travel team will look like next year if it is made up of half of the Igloo team from this past year. There must be something in the water in that town. Amazing. laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is true that the GC boys are not returning to Igloo to stay in house as mentioned in an earlier post, how will that affect the makeup of the Igloo team next year. Didn't GC make up 50% of the team. Igloo will clearly have a whole new look next year and give a lot of other boys a chance to play for the #2 2022 team on LI. This doesn't happen very often. Also would be curious to see what the GC travel team will look like next year if it is made up of half of the Igloo team from this past year. There must be something in the water in that town. Amazing. laugh

GC didn't make up half of igloo, they were 7 kids on a 22 kid roster. Most of them were second string, but you are a good point, even at this age it's rare to have this many openings on a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually there were 10 from GC, but it is water under the bridge now. Best of luck to Igloo in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude , they were 3rd graders. There are probably just as many kids out there who can play the same. I watched them play and they are real good but like I said there is hundreds of kids playing now. Enough with the 9yr old prodigy. My son and a few of his friends didn't play club ,yet , and they are just as good if not better than any kid on that team. A lot of kids out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude , they were 3rd graders. There are probably just as many kids out there who can play the same. I watched them play and they are real good but like I said there is hundreds of kids playing now. Enough with the 9yr old prodigy. My son and a few of his friends didn't play club ,yet , and they are just as good if not better than any kid on that team. A lot of kids out there.

I have to agree. If they are athletic and coached properly - they can be very succesful at this age. Because those aforementioned teams do simple things well. Ball movement, clearing, face offs, but they still make 3rd grade mistakes. However, they are more polished and make less than others. But they win because of how well they are coached. Now that said, they need to never stop proving lax IQ or stick skills. That's why when you all hopefully get the email that you son made the team. Ask what's the plan amd its what fits your expectations. My son played from November to July and the imrpovement was astonishing. He loved it and it was worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know your kid and all his buddies are as good or better than everyone on a top youth club team if they never played with or against that quality? You basing this off of your son dominating PAL ball?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No wiseguy. I have an older son who plays club..I watch other games too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear that 2022 Igloo had 6 GC players that will not be returning because they are playing town select team. If that is true then theres probably 6-10 openings on Igloo 2022. This is pretty unique for such a good team and a good opportunity kids who cant make the 1-2 slots on Smash

Really???? What a pompous and lame comment to make

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice and quietly (flying well below the spotlight of the big 2) the 2022 Terps had lower numbers, although decent(40ish) at the tryout, and really solid talent showed up. They will likely add 10+ kids as there was a lot of turnover. However, their core remained. That team will likely be vastly improved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to lacrosse and trying to find best fit for our son. Any opinions/advice on what club teams may be appropriate. His skill level is growing quickly -- fast learning curve, but has only played for a year. Not a play maker but can definitely lend support on field. Right now, looking for growth and a solid team to grow with. Clear on the "elite" teams -- harder to navigate through the rest of the field. Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Smash roster is posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Smash roster is posted.

Is most of Smash team this year made up of kids from last year? I'm not trying to start a debate but am curious because I know they were very good last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't look like much turnover. Lost a few kids to other teams but the roster is smaller than last year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just curiosity have many kids tryout for igloo and smash teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer
Just curiosity have many kids tryout for igloo and smash teams?

Smash had about 80 kids try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo 2022 around 45-50

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks. I thinks dbacks had 40+

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Smash dad here. Hopefully our boys get to play each other again. Best of luck to you.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

A Smash dad here. Hopefully our boys get to play each other again. Best of luck to you.

Looking forward to it and many years to come. Hopefully we get to make a trip up north soon. Best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is #2

Igloo beat everyone NOT named Smash. Let your location dictate where your child plays. Why travel to Suffolk if you live on the North Shore or vice-versa?

absolutely correct. wouldnt travel unless it is for smash or igloo. smash is clearly the best team beating everyone convincingly. igloo is clearly the number 2 team on the island. also beating everyone convincingly with the exception of smash. all other teams, at least based on last year, are way below these two programs. but keep in mind, smash started playing together and competitively in 2nd grade. all the other teams were playing catch up last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is #2

absolutely correct. wouldnt travel unless it is for smash or igloo. smash is clearly the best team beating everyone convincingly. igloo is clearly the number 2 team on the island. also beating everyone convincingly with the exception of smash. all other teams, at least based on last year, are way below these two programs. but keep in mind, smash started playing together and competitively in 2nd grade. all the other teams were playing catch up last year.

From what I saw at the tryouts Team Long Island should be very good this year. A lot of talent there. There was a few smash kids at the try out. My kid did not make the white team which is their A team so where going back to the club he played with this past year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is #2

From what I saw at the tryouts Team Long Island should be very good this year. A lot of talent there. There was a few smash kids at the try out. My kid did not make the white team which is their A team so where going back to the club he played with this past year.

yeah - but they are U10 team, which I don't have a problem with - everyone should just follow the USA guidelines. however, they are good. they added some nice pieces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is #2

yeah - but they are U10 team, which I don't have a problem with - everyone should just follow the USA guidelines. however, they are good. they added some nice pieces.

From what I heard they add 3 or 4 out standing kids to a team that was already good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island added 3 very good players to a strong team going to give Igloo a battle for 2nd and don't rule out Express who quitely added some depth to their strong core of 8, and 91 United. I would not be surprised to see it be a four pony race for the number 2 spot on the Island between Team LI, Igloo, 91 United and Express. I still believe from what I saw at the try outs that Smash is still sitting all alone at number 1. Good luck this season should be some fun games on Long Island at the 2022 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island added 3 very good players to a strong team going to give Igloo a battle for 2nd and don't rule out Express who quitely added some depth to their strong core of 8, and 91 United. I would not be surprised to see it be a four pony race for the number 2 spot on the Island between Team LI, Igloo, 91 United and Express. I still believe from what I saw at the try outs that Smash is still sitting all alone at number 1. Good luck this season should be some fun games on Long Island at the 2022 level.

Saw those 2022 Express Minutemen today. They added a ton of talent.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard