BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 72 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well run Elite sixes event yesterday except for the outright class cheating. Counted at least 4 2026's playing for the Team 91 Drip Kings. 2 were 2026 Team 91; one was a Crabs helmet; and one was a fca helmet, which was weird because FCA had a team. I understand this team plays in the Columbia indoor lax league too. Someone should challenge the roster and see if they can the 26's kicked off.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well run Elite sixes event yesterday except for the outright class cheating. Counted at least 4 2026's playing for the Team 91 Drip Kings. 2 were 2026 Team 91; one was a Crabs helmet; and one was a fca helmet, which was weird because FCA had a team. I understand this team plays in the Columbia indoor lax league too. Someone should challenge the roster and see if they can the 26's kicked off.
How do you know the 4 are 2026s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know they are 2026's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying they are holdbacks that are in 8th grade now or that they are in 9th grade currently? Pics from the tournament and a couple middle school yearbooks and you'd figure that out pretty quick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who ended up winning the Sixes?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You knew they were 26s because of the helmets they had on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You knew they were 26s because of the helmets they had on?

They are all 8th graders. Sorry your son lost yesterday. Next topic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know who won? There were multiple undefeated teams and tourney machine doesn't show the bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know who won? There were multiple undefeated teams and tourney machine doesn't show the bracket.

Drip kings. I’m sure thats why the guy that knows 26 helmets from 27 helmets is on here complaining. He has no clue what talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drip kings. I’m sure thats why the guy that knows 26 helmets from 27 helmets is on here complaining. He has no clue what talking about

Explain to me how the Crab #20 JK played for the Drips in the Elite 6 2027 division when he played for the 2026 Crabs HOCO this past spring. There is no hiding that he should be in high school when they post the evidence all over social media. Sure, repeating 8th grade isn't against the rules, but it's weak af.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s because the players inside the helmets are on 2026 rosters. Can we get the children to go do their school work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explain to me how the Crab #20 JK played for the Drips in the Elite 6 2027 division when he played for the 2026 Crabs HOCO this past spring. There is no hiding that he should be in high school when they post the evidence all over social media. Sure, repeating 8th grade isn't against the rules, but it's weak af.

You clowns had no issue when those kids played in summer and lost! Now they won and you want to attack kids. You Should have better things to do in your life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even better. You are saying the Crabs player played for 27's before being held back in 8th grade. You just outed him and the team. Another reason to verify current class at a very minimum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clowns had no issue when those kids played in summer and lost! Now they won and you want to attack kids. You Should have better things to do in your life.

I detest the holdback culture but I agree with this hot take. Lampoon the parents who made this decision for the kid, please. Please don't stop lampooning them. Because it's hilarious.

But Not the kid. What does a 14 year old know about the world, or good decisions in general? He's doing what a coach and his dad said was a good idea. Stop calling out kids by name and number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is attacking the kids. I’m assuming people are just trying to see if they reclassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these parents need to get a life. Going on social media and talking about a child. Get a life. Seriously. You must realize you just sound so pathetic. And if you don’t think so. Why don’t you tell us your name and who your child is and what team the play on. Oh right. Like that’s happening. Get a life!! It’s a kid’s sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't aware I needed to watch every single lacrosse game before noticing if a family plays their kid down before entering that class. I guess if you get away with it once, it should be allowed all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these parents need to get a life. Going on social media and talking about a child. Get a life. Seriously. You must realize you just sound so pathetic. And if you don’t think so. Why don’t you tell us your name and who your child is and what team the play on. Oh right. Like that’s happening. Get a life!! It’s a kid’s sport!

If the young man and his parents don't want to be called out for holding back they might want to stop posting highlights of him pulling an Air Gate on IG and then tagging his PUBLIC IG page where he has posts up of him playing with the 2026 Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't aware I needed to watch every single lacrosse game before noticing if a family plays their kid down before entering that class. I guess if you get away with it once, it should be allowed all the time.

In case your kids haven't played the teams made up of New England boarding school kids, this is somehow culturally accepted up there, as they crow about "on age." A solid number of them play down a year "anticipating" a future 8th grade holdback or post-grad year that hasn't happened yet.

I'm not against holdbacks at all. But I find it hilarious that the parents (New England boarding school pre-holdback, PA "late start," or MIAA holdback) are ashamed of their own decision and are quick to lie about it or change the subject so they don't have to tell an outright lie. If your son attends an MIAA middle school, the kids talk and will tell their friends they are a single or double holdback.

And for every club who lies to you about "developing kids," watch them put the holdbacks on the roster.

And get used to it, if you haven't already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's one thing to play against a bunch of other holdbacks in the top divisions in the top tournaments over the summer. It's another thing to enter a small Sixes tournament with a all star team, dunk on kids a year or two younger than you that play for AA level hoco teams, and then brag about it on social media. It's funny when the families of these holdbacks start crying when they get called out. "Oh my god, stop attacking the children!". Note to parents, if you are going to hold back your Son for lacrosse, you might want to scrub your social media accounts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the young man and his parents don't want to be called out for holding back they might want to stop posting highlights of him pulling an Air Gate on IG and then tagging his PUBLIC IG page where he has posts up of him playing with the 2026 Crabs.

He’s on 27 crabs team in 8th grade . Get over it . Wish knew who your clowns are talking [Censored] on a kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Howard County Lacrosse League has come out of their fall meeting. They decided to eliminate eligibility for all birthdays prior to Jan 1, 2008 in the 2027 division and all corresponding divisions below with the Jan 1 date. This decision was based largely on the polling by USCL, the recent article by Inside Lacrosse and the overwhelming sentiment to put an age ceiling on their divisions.

I wouldn't believe anything said on BOTC unless it's in writing, which it is not. The new 2023 bylaws mention nothing of age requirements. But have fun arguing about it.

https://www.ghclacrosse.com/rules

Totally agree with that. The three most powerful entities in lacrosse are the club programs, prep schools and college programs. I don’t believe any of them have an interest in seeing age restrictions put in place.

That is exactly the truth... Top Clubs want holdbacks to be above the rest, Privates want Holdbacks to be better than the rest, And colleges wabt older players

HOCO league is the reason grade based exploded years ago. Main reason was guy running had son in MIAA .Kid is gone as is he, Wonder if they care as much now

HoCo is not the reason grade based exploded.

People just make up anything.n

You obviously have zero clue how grade based started in MD . MD in youth was age based up until about 8/9 years ago when HOCO decided to start a lacrosse league. Nothing to do with early recruiting. ZERO . HOCO and one of their Directors decided to go grade base league instead of age based league like EVERY other league in Howard County was at the time and probably still are. Of course most didnt know that his child was a holdback in private school. The Crabs along with a couple other clubs loved it as they would have most of holdbacks from their MIAA contacts. The MYLA in their complete failure teamed up with them at first, thinking that clubs ( originally for summer ) would play on Sunday while all the MYLA teams with same players played on Saturday and weekday. Now that was a mistake as MYLA was nothing of itself within two years. Howard County Recreation gave Clubs the outlet to play Grade base and the Clubs ran with it. There was NO place to play grade base YOUTH lacrosse until these HOCO low moral people started one. The rest as they say is History

Howard County Recreation should go down in the Lacrosse Hall of Shame for what they started. If the league would have been age based to start, it still would be. Early Recruiting was always the lousy excuse to give them a pass as time went along, which ER was ZERO consideration at first.

Are you a HOCO person? Next time you want to comment on HOCO maybe ask around . Now they do run a good league with taxpayer funded fields and employees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good job inspector gadget! Glad to see you have nothing better to do. Stalking a kids IG page. Bet your kid is so proud of you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Howard County Lacrosse League has come out of their fall meeting. They decided to eliminate eligibility for all birthdays prior to Jan 1, 2008 in the 2027 division and all corresponding divisions below with the Jan 1 date. This decision was based largely on the polling by USCL, the recent article by Inside Lacrosse and the overwhelming sentiment to put an age ceiling on their divisions.

I wouldn't believe anything said on BOTC unless it's in writing, which it is not. The new 2023 bylaws mention nothing of age requirements. But have fun arguing about it.

Totally agree with that. The three most powerful entities in lacrosse are the club programs, prep schools and college programs. I don’t believe any of them have an interest in seeing age restrictions put in place.

That is exactly the truth... Top Clubs want holdbacks to be above the rest, Privates want Holdbacks to be better than the rest, And colleges wabt older players

HOCO league is the reason grade based exploded years ago. Main reason was guy running had son in MIAA .Kid is gone as is he, Wonder if they care as much now

You obviously have zero clue how grade based started in MD . MD in youth was age based up until about 8/9 years ago when HOCO decided to start a lacrosse league. Nothing to do with early recruiting. ZERO . HOCO and one of their Directors decided to go grade base league instead of age based league like EVERY other league in Howard County was at the time and probably still are. Of course most didnt know that his child was a holdback in private school. The Crabs along with a couple other clubs loved it as they would have most of holdbacks from their MIAA contacts. The MYLA in their complete failure teamed up with them at first, thinking that clubs ( originally for summer ) would play on Sunday while all the MYLA teams with same players played on Saturday and weekday. Now that was a mistake as MYLA was nothing of itself within two years. Howard County Recreation gave Clubs the outlet to play Grade base and the Clubs ran with it. There was NO place to play grade base YOUTH lacrosse until these HOCO low moral people started one. The rest as they say is History

Howard County Recreation should go down in the Lacrosse Hall of Shame for what they started. If the league would have been age based to start, it still would be. Early Recruiting was always the lousy excuse to give them a pass as time went along, which ER was ZERO consideration at first.

Are you a HOCO person? Next time you want to comment on HOCO maybe ask around . Now they do run a good league with taxpayer funded fields and employees.

You are so FOS. The old NPYLL was grade based as far back as 2010. HoCo was only following the model that was already in place. You are making stuff up to fit your false holdback narrative. You wanna whine, go whine to the parents who enable the holdback hive mindset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good job inspector gadget! Glad to see you have nothing better to do. Stalking a kids IG page. Bet your kid is so proud of you

Ok, Inspector Gadget is kinda funny, but no one is stalking anyone. The Crabs are promoting this kid on their feed and it only takes one click to see he's a holdback. Nice try at deflecting, but it's not working.

Enough pot stirring for the day, back to work...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so FOS. The old NPYLL was grade based as far back as 2010. HoCo was only following the model that was already in place. You are making stuff up to fit your false holdback narrative. You wanna whine, go whine to the parents who enable the holdback hive mindset.

Sorry Holdback apologist and possibly HOCO employee. I guess you really are looking for holdback excuses for the low moral people who were one of biggest reasons for this grade based YOUTH league. . NPYLL was NOT grade based , You are full of it and a big excuse maker. It was only supposably Grade based for ONE year at the very end. It was a U13, U15 league for years and then for a few they expanded with more U's except last year . And even the last year, it was unclear of age restrictions as many clubs went by age for grade, noe Holdback. Many Clubs were against it from start, but once again Crabs, etc loved it and piled on all their Prefirsts . I know all this as my younger son's played for years until NPYLL's end and then one went to HOCO to play.

Sorry HOCO Holdback apologist, it is what it is. Spin away with your supposed knowledge. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Holdback apologist and possibly HOCO employee. I guess you really are looking for holdback excuses for the low moral people who were one of biggest reasons for this grade based YOUTH league. . NPYLL was NOT grade based , You are full of it and a big excuse maker. It was only supposably Grade based for ONE year at the very end. It was a U13, U15 league for years and then for a few they expanded with more U's except last year . And even the last year, it was unclear of age restrictions as many clubs went by age for grade, noe Holdback. Many Clubs were against it from start, but once again Crabs, etc loved it and piled on all their Prefirsts . I know all this as my younger son's played for years until NPYLL's end and then one went to HOCO to play.

Sorry HOCO Holdback apologist, it is what it is. Spin away with your supposed knowledge. LOL

Buwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, Inspector Gadget is kinda funny, but no one is stalking anyone. The Crabs are promoting this kid on their feed and it only takes one click to see he's a holdback. Nice try at deflecting, but it's not working.

Enough pot stirring for the day, back to work...
if I had known the whole "4 cheaters in Elite 6" was just another holdback rant I would have unsubscribed then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious . . . when did the summer tourneys convert to grade based . . . or were they always that way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He’s on 27 crabs team in 8th grade . Get over it . Wish knew who your clowns are talking [Censored] on a kid

What grade was he in this past Spring 2022? Who's talking [Censored]? If he is a reclass and people are shedding light on that what's the issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a holdback guy myself, but I don't understand the issue with the Crabs player. I think the facts are as follows:

He played on 2026 crabs last year.

He repeated 8th grade starting this fall and now is on the 2027 Crabs.

He played in an off-season gimmicky tournament with his 2027 team and they won the event. woo hoo.

He and/or his families posted his highlights on social media.

what is the big deal with any of this? Every class from 2027 and up in all good programs, especially Crabs, is full of holdbacks, 2028's are catching up too. Why is there an issue with this player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a holdback guy myself, but I don't understand the issue with the Crabs player. I think the facts are as follows:

He played in an off-season gimmicky tournament with his 2027 team and they won the event. woo hoo.

what is the big deal with any of this? Every class from 2027 and up in all good programs, especially Crabs, is full of holdbacks, 2028's are catching up too. Why is there an issue with this player?

And how many of the other teams had no players born before 9/1/2008? My guess is 0.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How lame.

Play down and brag about it on social media.

Here's hoping the big guy can finally master Algebra 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious . . . when did the summer tourneys convert to grade based . . . or were they always that way?

There's few if any tournaments enforcing non grade based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the other 3 26’s on the roster? Unless they were just held back too. It’s the forming of a cheating roster and then gloating about it on the field and on the sidelines. Btw the crabs kid still won’t be nearly the best player in hoco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Social media stalking of a middle schooler. Using "supposably" in a deranged, conspiracy-laden rant about a county-run youth sports league. I'm convinced this thread is a really clever punking by a joint team of bored script writers for True Detective and Parks and Recreation.

(If it is, well done! I'd so binge watch the series)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the other 3 26’s on the roster? Unless they were just held back too. It’s the forming of a cheating roster and then gloating about it on the field and on the sidelines. Btw the crabs kid still won’t be nearly the best player in hoco.

Where’s the receipts? All those kids are 27’s. I’m guessing this is just a fluffy bunny (team Maryland ) parent upset about championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has been playing down on both FCA 2027 and Crabs 2027 for years when his younger brother was on those teams (his younger brother was playing up) so this is nothing new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you rip the band-aid off or do you slowly pull on it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Standings before Championship:

W L GF GA GD
Fluffy Bunnies 3 0 61 26 35
Baltimore County Drip Kings 3 0 61 37 24
Gladiators 3 0 38 31 7
Cobra Kai Venom 2 1 55 21 34
Team Melon 2 1 45 30 15
IndieLax 2 1 40 33 7
Saints 2 1 24 19 5
Eighteen National 2 1 40 44 -4
Hammers 1 2 38 25 13
True Baltimore 1 2 34 38 -4