BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
laxer19 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Discuss the 31’s here

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax CAP, NL Blue, and Annapolis Hawks are the clear top 3. Interested to see where BLC plays this spring, had a bunch of kids leave for NL and a few for ML.

VLC had two teams in HOCO last year, probably more a factor of the merger. ML DMV played VLC to some close games this fall.

True VA, St James, Top Caliber all seem to be on the new side. Not sure if Hammers have a 31 team yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That top three is prob correct in order of ranking as well.
No way BLC will be in elite anymore, very few kids remained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That top three is prob correct in order of ranking as well.
No way BLC will be in elite anymore, very few kids remained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did everyone leave BLC? Noticed this at other older age groups as well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why did everyone leave BLC? Noticed this at other older age groups as well

This is an overall trend of non-profit elite clubs and rec select lax. With the franchised for-profit having stronger marketing it's difficult to compete. for profit elite clubs are also more willing to take on hold backs (91, Hawks, Madlax, True,...) that help them win to look better. The lack of a governing body in MD to make rec better also hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or staffing teams with dad coaches that don’t know how to properly coach beyond rec and that favor their sons over better more athletic kids may also have had something to do with it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All 3 coaches kids left, maybe the coaches got sick of dealing with insane parents who care more about bragging rights on the squash courts than actual player development. Luckily the 30 & 32 BLC teams are both very strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2030 BLC team is legit, son’s team has played them multiple times. I’m shocked their other years aren’t as successful…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow…sounds like a disgruntled parent and disgruntled coach responded to my query. How about an impartial witness?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given this is such a young age… who are the kids on some of the smaller clubs that are players to watch? Kids who we will see making a jump up the big name clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given this is such a young age… who are the kids on some of the smaller clubs that are players to watch? Kids who we will see making a jump up the big name clubs?
Really? I hope you’re not serious. If you are, get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax CAP, NL Blue, and Annapolis Hawks are the clear top 3. Interested to see where BLC plays this spring, had a bunch of kids leave for NL and a few for ML.

VLC had two teams in HOCO last year, probably more a factor of the merger. ML DMV played VLC to some close games this fall.

True VA, St James, Top Caliber all seem to be on the new side. Not sure if Hammers have a 31 team yet.
Clear top 3? Wolfpack smoked NL and beat Hawks handily in semis. NL got better as did ML with the BLC kids. Why does the team with kids from 3 elementary schools get no respect?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or staffing teams with dad coaches that don’t know how to properly coach beyond rec and that favor their sons over better more athletic kids may also have had something to do with it
The BLC coach’s son was the goalie. He was good, too. Think it’s mostly insane parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack is deserving of being in the top group, not sure a 2 goal win would be considered “handily” but they are a big, athletic, and well coached team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack is deserving of being in the top group, not sure a 2 goal win would be considered “handily” but they are a big, athletic, and well coached team.
And all on-age, unlike Hawks and ML

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I accidentally clicked on the 2031 thread looking for HS commits gossip......you infants are talking about 2031 holdbacks?!??!?! Ahahhahahaha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And all on-age, unlike Hawks and ML

What kids (jersey #'s) are hold backs on Hawks and ML? Or is this just an assumption based on the older teams in these programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blake from Hawks and Brendan from ML were both 10 last spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML kid referenced is on age, your information is incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Names, really? Let’s keep this appropriate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we seriously calling our kids names when they are 31’s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now is the time for most to start being or looking to get on a top club. Dont listen to naysayers. Now is the time to start training for MIAA HS and beyond.

Get some extra training too. and NOW . Think about holding back if you arent already a prefirst or heldback . Dont listen to negative comments about holding back. Boys born after Jan and on age should be seriously considered for this if you are thinking D1. You have very little chance play as starter on top club and get recruited to D1 without holding back.

You will thank me later for this sage advice.

Everyone knows I am right. Give me facts, not emotion if you think differently. Time is a wastin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now is the time for most to start being or looking to get on a top club. Dont listen to naysayers. Now is the time to start training for MIAA HS and beyond.

Get some extra training too. and NOW . Think about holding back if you arent already a prefirst or heldback . Dont listen to negative comments about holding back. Boys born after Jan and on age should be seriously considered for this if you are thinking D1. You have very little chance play as starter on top club and get recruited to D1 without holding back.

Everyone knows I am right. Give me facts, not emotion if you think differently. Time is a wastin

If you think this way, your son's sports experience is about you not him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML kid referenced is on age, your information is incorrect.
ML kid told my kid he was 10 last year. Is this a “pre-first is normal” on age argument or was he lying last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think this way, your son's sports experience is about you not him.

Isn't that the reason parents play their older kids down against younger kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes up the AAA or whatever the highest level of HOCO this spring?
The following are locks:
Wolfpack
Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Next Level

Possible:
BLC
Zingos
LTLC
VLC
Kelly Post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actual advice:
1) Get your son on the best club team, he can make, where he will actually see reps, ASAP.
2) Get extra training and make sure it's not lame. At this age it should be about form, basic IQ, and footwork, agility, and speed. That's it.
3) Don't yell at him when he is playing. Even if you played, he will probably be better than you ever were. Your yelling makes him detest the game.

Truth bombs:
1) Getting your son on an elite team will not keep him on that elite team when it matters in HS.
2) The lies about "We don't cut existing players" and "We develop players here" are just that - outright lies. Your 2031 elite team is just a money maker, and the players are just placeholders until a double holdback from TX, CA, or FL magically shows up at a tournament.
3) Yes, statistically speaking, if you think your son is going to start on an elite club HS team or elite HS team, he will need to be held back. Ask a parent of a 2028 or 2027 about that this year. They'll tell you what they are seeing.
4) Half of athletes quit sports by age 12, and another half quit by age 15. Conduct your "angry drive home after the game" talks accordingly. Current 8th graders who played for FCA, 91, Hawks, etc in 4th grade have quit the sport entirely already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actual advice:
1) Get your son on the best club team, he can make, where he will actually see reps, ASAP.
2) Get extra training and make sure it's not lame. At this age it should be about form, basic IQ, and footwork, agility, and speed. That's it.
3) Don't yell at him when he is playing. Even if you played, he will probably be better than you ever were. Your yelling makes him detest the game.

Truth bombs:
1) Getting your son on an elite team will not keep him on that elite team when it matters in HS.
2) The lies about "We don't cut existing players" and "We develop players here" are just that - outright lies. Your 2031 elite team is just a money maker, and the players are just placeholders until a double holdback from TX, CA, or FL magically shows up at a tournament.
3) Yes, statistically speaking, if you think your son is going to start on an elite club HS team or elite HS team, he will need to be held back. Ask a parent of a 2028 or 2027 about that this year. They'll tell you what they are seeing.
4) Half of athletes quit sports by age 12, and another half quit by age 15. Conduct your "angry drive home after the game" talks accordingly. Current 8th graders who played for FCA, 91, Hawks, etc in 4th grade have quit the sport entirely already.

Same useless opinion guy as above with clarification, I think the number is 55% of kids quit sports by 12 and of the remaining 45%, more than half quit sports by the end of 9th grade. It's from Pew? Foundation's "The State of Youth Sports" report from circa 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

How do you square "Actual advice #1" with Truth Bomb #2? They seem to run counter to each other. For player development at this age, I would focus on a club or rec team that has coaches who actually teach the game the right way. There is a reason beyond holdbacks and reclass that Long Island and Baltimore continue to pump out high IQ players. They are taught the correct way to play early on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

How do you square "Actual advice #1" with Truth Bomb #2? They seem to run counter to each other. For player development at this age, I would focus on a club or rec team that has coaches who actually teach the game the right way. There is a reason beyond holdbacks and reclass that Long Island and Baltimore continue to pump out high IQ players. They are taught the correct way to play early on.

My son is a 10th grader who almost quit the sport in 8th grade and the most important thing I’ve learned from it all is that the yelling from the sideline and negative focus and criticism will burn a kid out. He told me in 8th grade to quit that [Censored] and I did and it gave him a whole new outlook on the sport. He plays for the fun of it now and not to please me. I would encourage all of you to learn from my mistakes. Shut up during games. Only say positive things after games and make sure he us having fun. You think you are helping him but it almost always will have the opposite effect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 10th grader who almost quit the sport in 8th grade and the most important thing I’ve learned from it all is that the yelling from the sideline and negative focus and criticism will burn a kid out. He told me in 8th grade to quit that [Censored] and I did and it gave him a whole new outlook on the sport. He plays for the fun of it now and not to please me. I would encourage all of you to learn from my mistakes. Shut up during games. Only say positive things after games and make sure he us having fun. You think you are helping him but it almost always will have the opposite effect.[/quote]

This is a truth bomb. Thanks you for sharing and good for you.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards.
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 10th grader who almost quit the sport in 8th grade and the most important thing I’ve learned from it all is that the yelling from the sideline and negative focus and criticism will burn a kid out. He told me in 8th grade to quit that [Censored] and I did and it gave him a whole new outlook on the sport. He plays for the fun of it now and not to please me. I would encourage all of you to learn from my mistakes. Shut up during games. Only say positive things after games and make sure he us having fun. You think you are helping him but it almost always will have the opposite effect.

This is a truth bomb. Thanks you for sharing and good for you.[/quote]

Anytime. One thing I forgot to mention. I used to sign him up for this clinic and that camp assuming he was into it. Finally in 8th grade he was like dad do I have to go to these? This was one reason why he got burnt out. Now he gets to say no to anything he wants to and he is much happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poll: most obnoxious parents in Hoco 31s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL, Crabs a close second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL, Crabs a close second.
Didn’t really notice the NL parents much except for visor-dad-who-walks-up-and-down-sideline-with-lax-stick guy. ML has multiple parents who walk from end to end, helicoptering their kids to the success they feel they’re entitled to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML has one awful dad, negative to his kid mostly, but shares the negativity with other kids as well.

Seems like all teams have Offense and Defense parents who switch ends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of parents switch sides; maybe stop drinking and enjoy watching your boy up close? It’s def worth it…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

Use from Both and your chances are better than most. Obviously he must have some ability too. No matter what ability, Hold him back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of parents switch sides; maybe stop drinking and enjoy watching your boy up close? It’s def worth it…
Yeah like the BLC parents from last year who thought their kid didn’t play enough so they could be one of the 25 kids on ML or NL. 200 IQ move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

Use from Both and your chances are better than most. Obviously he must have some ability too. No matter what ability, Hold him back.
Exactly right. If your son can’t legally drink by the time he’s a college freshman, you’re a complete beta dad. Just ask the new england clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids that went to ML were all big contributors that played a ton, so were a bunch of the kids initially to NL. All those kids now play a ton on their new teams.
So your sarcastic comment was unfortunately right on point.
200 IQ move to get off the ship before it sinks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - Which programs play/ practice all year round here? And if so what do they offer? Thnx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level and Madlax play year round.
Spring: HoCo Travel League (Mar-May)
Summer: Tournaments (Jun-July)
Fall: Practices and Tournaments (Sep-Nov)
Winter: NL indoor at TSJ, ML box at Dulles (Dec-Feb)

BLC and VLC both have similar offerings, but haven't had first hand experience. Hawks & Crabs are also full year programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level and Madlax play year round.
Spring: HoCo Travel League (Mar-May)
Summer: Tournaments (Jun-July)
Fall: Practices and Tournaments (Sep-Nov)
Winter: NL indoor at TSJ, ML box at Dulles (Dec-Feb)

BLC and VLC both have similar offerings, but haven't had first hand experience. Hawks & Crabs are also full year programs.

Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are in the TSJ and Dulles leagues?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TSJ only has 2 clubs (VLC & TSJ), and 3 rec teams (ALC, Fort Hunt, & Vienna). Likely a VLC vs. Vienna battle.

Dulles is mostly Madlax kids, with a sprinkling of different club helmets and white helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Crabs going to play elite this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Crabs going to play elite this year?
I think if they play elite and if they’re play in elite division are two separate questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost to Wolfpack B team indoor? #yikes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost to Wolfpack B team indoor? #yikes

Crabs are looking to reboot the 2029 (folded), 2030 and 2031 team, likely with a group acquisition of coaches and key players from FCA or 91. The brand is pretty well mangled at those younger ages - the young Crabs teams at 2021-2028 were very talented. 2029 was a coaching/staffing disaster and it trickled down to lack of confidence in the club for 2030 and 2031.

Team 91, FCA, and lately, Predators have been successful in this model of "hire the coach and tell him to bring his 8-10 favorite kids" so if you're playing for Crabs already, you will likely have a new coach who has his own favorite players in July. And in about 2 years, the steady trickle of holdbacks will enter the roster, mostly from BL. Welcome to club lax! #hitthewall #holdemback

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of quiet in here, are any tournament schedules released for the spring summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level preseason tournament is March 12. NAL is June 10 & 11. Other than those I have no idea. Trying to survive basketball season over here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....
well this just got interesting...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well this just got interesting...

Looks like HS is still grade based as the age limits are only through the 27 class. Makes sense imho. If you can hang in HS on varsity then club isn't any different. However, this may deter holdbacks before 9th grade now. Which is a good thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dates are still very generous . . . all of those summer birthdays that wouldn't qualify for the World Series ARE eligible for Crabfeast. It's a start though. The big question is how well will it be enforced. Posting something on IG is easy. The logistics of checking rosters before games during the tourney is not as easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of our 2031 team from NY would be too young to participate. Our birthdays span from 12/2012 - 11/2013. This is a great start but still seems off for 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dates are still very generous . . . all of those summer birthdays that wouldn't qualify for the World Series ARE eligible for Crabfeast. It's a start though. The big question is how well will it be enforced. Posting something on IG is easy. The logistics of checking rosters before games during the tourney is not as easy.

They make no sense as they favor a late spring early summer birthday and penalize kids who started school on time by having them play down. Essentially making them a hold back. The his age alignment encourages you to hold back your kid if they were born in May June July August.

There is zero logic to using May 1. Either go sept 1 to align with school year or go birth year. The kids “trapped” in 8th grade now are the kids who actually started school on time.

If I had to guess Crabfeast did this on their own as a compromise for late spring early summer hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the maximum ages allowed. You don’t have to down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They make no sense as they favor a late spring early summer birthday and penalize kids who started school on time by having them play down. Essentially making them a hold back. The his age alignment encourages you to hold back your kid if they were born in May June July August.

There is zero logic to using May 1. Either go sept 1 to align with school year or go birth year. The kids “trapped” in 8th grade now are the kids who actually started school on time.

If I had to guess Crabfeast did this on their own as a compromise for late spring early summer hold backs.

So many on BOTC have been complaining about the safety against playing kids 3 years older. Referencing that their child commonly played against kids 2-3 yrs older in tournaments and it wasn't safe.

This eliminates that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many on BOTC have been complaining about the safety against playing kids 3 years older. Referencing that their child commonly played against kids 2-3 yrs older in tournaments and it wasn't safe.

This eliminates that.
And that's a win in my book

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. The original article did say they would go with a 16 month window.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Crabs
LTLC
Madlax
Next Level
Wolfpack
Zingos

Interesting to say the least…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC and Hornets moving down is not a surprise, great to see LTLC & Zingos move up. How is the 91 team?

Hawks, Crabs, Madlax, Next Level, and Wolfpack all have quality teams. Should make for a very competitive spring if these are the teams.

Disappointed VLC did not move up to the top division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and NL will be battling it out for the top spot. NL 3rd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC finished the regular season 5-2 last year and played well, did they drop down to AA or are they just not fielding at team at 31 this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC finished the regular season 5-2 last year and played well, did they drop down to AA or are they just not fielding at team at 31 this year?

I would look at the poster's list of elite teams as common sense conjecture, not fact.

I highly doubt LTLC or Zingoes move up.

91 coaches at every age group are told to push as aggressively towards elite as possible, because even if you lose every game, you start recruiting "elite" kids from other teams at that point. The point of 91's youth teams is to raise money, as most of the local players not hand-picked by Millon (ie the 2023 and 2025 teams), are jettisoned before 8th and 9th grade in favor of large, speedy holdbacks who live between DC and Long Island. Nothing wrong with any of this, but don't say you weren't warned to be skeptical of the "we develop elite players" sales pitch. Whether it's 91 or any other elite team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would look at the poster's list of elite teams as common sense conjecture, not fact.

91 coaches at every age group are told to push as aggressively towards elite as possible, because even if you lose every game, you start recruiting "elite" kids from other teams at that point. The point of 91's youth teams is to raise money, as most of the local players not hand-picked by Millon (ie the 2023 and 2025 teams), are jettisoned before 8th and 9th grade in favor of large, speedy holdbacks who live between DC and Long Island. Nothing wrong with any of this, but don't say you weren't warned to be skeptical of the "we develop elite players" sales pitch. Whether it's 91 or any other elite team.

Sorry your son was not selected to play on 91.

Hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like you forgot the team that won hoco last year and only got better with the BLC adds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume it was so supposed to say Hawks and ML will be battling it out for top spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of those teams may protest being placed in elite but that’s the elite division.

BLC 31s basically folded. I spoke with the coach at the PLL semis in DC. Half the kids wants to ML and half went to next NL.

The ? with Hawks and ML is whether the new age rules will force #97H and #10ML to play on 30s. I don’t know their dates of birth but do know they were both 10 last spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the BLC disintegration, it’s probably ML and NL top tier with Hawks, Wolfpack, and crabs next tier. 91 is a new 2031 squad afaik and LTLC and zingos were the top AA teams last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of those teams may protest being placed in elite but that’s the elite division.

BLC 31s basically folded. I spoke with the coach at the PLL semis in DC. Half the kids wants to ML and half went to next NL.

The ? with Hawks and ML is whether the new age rules will force #97H and #10ML to play on 30s. I don’t know their dates of birth but do know they were both 10 last spring.

This post has become tiresome, the ML player in question just turned 10. I guess that means your dear Thad/Chad/Preston lied to you, or you made it up to feel better. If the Crabs age limit were adopted by HoCo, which is a big IF, and zero indications that it will occur, than ML would lose, wait for it, NO KIDS. The entire roster is good for multiple months past the proposed Crabfest date. They actually could add a couple current 2030s if those dates ever become official.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hilarious that you think #10 is a holdback. bring on age based teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well we’re not going to decide it here and it doesn’t matter; no excuses. But last season the boy, whose name begins with a B, told my son that he was 10. ML is really good with or without him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL smoked the Hawks in a tournament this Fall. Not sure what was going on because it wasn't even close. If that Hawks team from the Fall is the one that shows up for HoCo, they will have a tough go at the top tier teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw this infamous #10 ML kid playing in a soccer tournament and he was on a U11 (5th grade) team. Maybe he's just really good at soccer and plays up a year, but soccer goes by age and not grad year, so if he was actually 10 during last Spring's lax season, it would make sense that he plays U11 soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So comical that you guys are still talking about #10 and that you know what he looks like to recognize him at soccer tournament. That’s just weird and creepy.
Look at madlax 31 insta page, he isn’t old. Oh never mind it’s prob a fake post to throw you off.
Better spend these next few weeks coming up with new reasons why your boy can’t beat madlax this spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
re #10 and the soccer tourney. The utterly weird poster clearly doesn't understand how birth year works. If a kid was born in December of 2012 he would/could be assigned to a team with kids born all the way back to January of 2012.....who would indeed be in the grade above. Thus, a Dec birthday would literally be the least advantageous month to be born in given the rules. Bafflingly daft point to make.

Seems like NL is upset #10 left for ML a few years ago and is using this thread to bash a 4th grader. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First couple weeks of the HoCo schedule got posted to the HoCo website. They haven't posted standalone groupings to show who's in what group, but you can figure it out if you stare at the schedules long enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone make it out to Baltimore Bloom this weekend? Hawks look ready to make a HOCO run!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they play other teams than the B level ones on the schedule ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone make it out to Baltimore Bloom this weekend? Hawks look ready to make a HOCO run!
What teams were there? What were the scores?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes what were Team 91 coaches thinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 lost 22-1 trying to jump from no club straight to elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean?

They lost 1-22. Mark pushes teams to be elite. The practice too little in the fall and then they're surprised when they start losing in the spring to teams that do 3 times as much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing it’s the fact that Team 91 lost 22-1 to the Crabs today. Don’t love to see the Crabs coaches running up the score like that though. That’s rough.

The Hawks/Wolfpack score isn’t up on the website. Any idea how that went?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack 8 Hawks 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing it’s the fact that Team 91 lost 22-1 to the Crabs today. Don’t love to see the Crabs coaches running up the score like that though. That’s rough.

The Hawks/Wolfpack score isn’t up on the website. Any idea how that went?

Mark has made many, many comments on Crabs that I'm sure led to no mercy. Agreed there's no need for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think the person obsessed with ML player age is a NL ‘31 Blue parent b/c I can assure you the ML player in question turned 10 only a few months ago (I dropped my son off at his 10th birthday party). No parents of NL ‘31 think any ML ‘31 players are holdbacks and we all know each other pretty well. ML ‘31 is a very good team as are several others in the ‘31 Elite division, including Wolfpack Green.

And before folks make assumptions based on scores reported on HoCo website, be aware that these are highly inaccurate, especially shortly after the games (often corrected a few days later).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a 5 team race for the elite division. Crabs with an impressive win today against a strong Wolfpack squad, ML & NL both rolled, and Hawks had a bye.

Big match up next week between Crabs and ML, followed by a huge slate the following weekend, Crabs/NL and Hawks/ML.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a great game yesterday, think Wolfpack underestimated Crabs??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen the Crabs play yet this year, but the fact that they're 3-0 after winning just once last year is a pretty amazing turnaround. Frankly thought it was a factor of who they were playing so far this year, but the win against Wolfpack is really impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the crabs add players from last year? If so from where?

Like Reply Quote
laxer19 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Are 30’s missing last years roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs got brought back down to earth by MadLax. The Zingos W over Wolfpack was impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zingos lost 7-1. Crabs are still a strong contender, Hawks is gonna give MadLax a game next week, followed by Crabs NL. Fun weekend ahead in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never ceases to amaze me how the HoCo website always seems to mess up the winners and losers of games, but makes much more sense now that they corrected it and have Zingos taking the L to Wolfpack. It seems to me that ML is the clear top-notch team of the group. Then I'd put Wolfpack, Hawks, NL and Crabs together for now until things sort themselves out more. It's fun to see a lot competitive teams in the mix. How do playoffs work? Just single-elim among all of the teams in the group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/30/23 2031 Elite Lines

91 v. Zingos (OFF)

91 O/U 3 Goals Scored vs. Zingos

NL (-1.5) v. Crabs

ML (-7) v. Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If considering private school do not send your son to Gilman. Complete nightmare of a school with a horrendous lacrosse coach who’s taking the program down to B conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If 91 scores 3 goals on Zingos, they may have hope after all. The Zingos goalie and Hawks goalies are both really strong 4th grade goalies.

NL line looks appriopriate.

ML Hawks should be pick'em, a great goalie covers up lots of issues and makes any game up for grabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zingo’s’ goalie is excellent. Hawks play slow deliberate offense and last year resulted in tighter games. While parity is great for competition, absent incredibly efficient offense by Hawks, post BLC absorption, just too much talent on ML I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL and ML to cover for the usual sum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the talent ML has, the hawks goalie can have a great game making 15 saves and still have 10 plus shots go past him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML and NL continue to roll heading towards the Sunday of the regular season showdown.

I’ll take the over on 91 (3 goals) with the hopes that after Q1 the Zingo’s coach also makes his team play with its off hand, not ride and pass to every offensive player before a scoring attempt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If considering private school do not send your son to Gilman. Complete nightmare of a school with a horrendous lacrosse coach who’s taking the program down to B conference

My son and I went to meet with Gilman. The coach is socially weird. Has zero personality and very little knowledge of the MIAA and what it takes to win. We chose another school. My observation, Gilman doesn’t care about lacrosse!! If they did they would recognize the coach doesn’t have it. I don’t see how or why they would have hired such an incompetent person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zingos goalie is excellent. Game we played them would have been close to 3 times the score if not for him. ML is to well coached and to much for talent for anyone to come close to beating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NL plays their game, they’ll hang with ML.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML and NL both win big today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2031 Elite 2031 May 5 - 7 Lines:

Wolfpack (Pick’em) Hawks
NL (-1.5) Wolfpack
ML (Off) 91
91 +225 Over 1 Goal
Hawks (-7.5) Zingo’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NL plays their game, they’ll hang with ML.

NL has and will hang with ML, at a minimum. 2 very high quality teams and programs with similar kids. Impressive 4th quarter for NL against Crabs.

Wolfpack/Hawks round 2 should be a great matchup, Wolfpack's strength of schedule is impressive, facing ML and Hawks twice.

Curious decision for 91 to be in elite, VLC, LTLC, and Sidewinders all would've been better fits for the division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no question that 91 would have been better off in AAA or maybe even AA, but I'm not sure there are other AAA teams that would be all that competitive in Elite. BLC disbanding created a bit of a top heavy situation in Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me Wolfpack on Friday and NL to cover on Sunday (buying down the half
Point at -135). Zingo’s and the points for the Sunday Hawks match up - pace of play and Zingo’s goalie keeps it tighter than expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack (Pick’em) Hawks
NL (-1.5) Wolfpack
ML (Off) 91
91 +225 Over 1 Goal
Hawks (-7.5) Zingo’s

LMFAO what in the Maryland is going on here?! Haha Are you guys seriously betting lines for 4th graders? Holy smokes and I thought we were bad in Long Island. This is one for the books. haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman coach is a fool!!! One of the players had to educate him on the practice of double poking the wings. Coach had never heard of it and couldn’t figure out how to do so. Complete incompetence!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack (Pick’em) Hawks
NL (-1.5) Wolfpack
ML (Off) 91
91 +225 Over 1 Goal
Hawks (-7.5) Zingo’s

LMFAO what in the Maryland is going on here?! Haha Are you guys seriously betting lines for 4th graders? Holy smokes and I thought we were bad in Long Island. This is one for the books. haha

Did they stop giving out senses of humor on Strong Island? Love the levity these posts provide every week. Give me NL, Hawks x2, and 91 has a long shot to put up a season high in goals this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theoretical Indicative Line:

ML (-14.5) v. ‘31 LI Rebels (The Pride of LI)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ngl the 4th grade lines each week is one of the best message board bits I’ve seen in years 10/10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously admins FIX THE HIGH SCHOOL FORUM!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Long Islander, you should know that all of the kids who play in the 2031 Hoco league from the DMV area are 18 years old or older, so we're just trying to get their feet wet in how to gamble responsibly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theoretical Indicative Line:

ML (-14.5) v. ‘31 LI Rebels (The Pride of LI) in a 6 man down simulation

Here I fixed it for you. Come to LI and bring your crabs we love to eat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2031 Elite May 13th & 14th Lines:

NL (-14.5) Zingo’s
Crabs (OFF) Team 91
91 Over 0.5 Goals +350
ML (-6) Wolfpack

Wolfpack (OFF) Team 91
91 Over 0.5 Goals +325
ML (-2.5) NL
Crabs (-0.5) Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know who won Wolfpack/Hawks last Friday? HoCo hasn’t posted a score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Saturday -

NL/Zingo’s feels like a 16-2 game, so buy down the hook and take NL at -120.

Take 91 at +350 to score a goal.

ML could be looking past Wolfpack to Sundays’s mega showdown and Wolfpack’s pace and lefty goalie can keep a game tight, so take the pack and the points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two units on ML tomorrow, line should be (-3). Hawks are hot, take the money line at +110.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow...ML smoked NL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Raise a hand for your team if you have players affected by age rule. Be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Raise a hand for your team if you have players affected by age rule. Be honest.

Will all teams partake in the new rule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think the majority of 2031 players are on age. The reclassing usually begins in 7th grade, which is my guess as to why they chose to start the new rule with the ‘29s because of the amount of 28s who reclassed this year across the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think the majority of 2031 players are on age. The reclassing usually begins in 7th grade, which is my guess as to why they chose to start the new rule with the ‘29s because of the amount of 28s who reclassed this year across the board.

Some kids start K a year late too so good chance there are kids that will be impacted, in fact the really going [Censored] parents will start kids late and then do a hold back year in middle school later. That to me is really at the root of this change as it has gotten out of hand

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack dismantling this year 3/4 coaches taking 6-8 kids to Crabs. Current crabs coach will be getting the boot. Will be a new look crabs next season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack dismantling this year 3/4 coaches taking 6-8 kids to Crabs. Current crabs coach will be getting the boot. Will be a new look crabs next season!
laughable! The only boy leaving team is a 2032 who was playing up. The core of the team is definitely not going anywhere. However there are only 16 total boys on the team and they're looking for depth for next year. So you can either play for the crabs or you can pay 1/3 of crabs' dues to play for a team that went undefeated at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s happening, confirmed at beach lax this past wkend. Being done very quietly leaving FH in shambles in the 2031 age group. DK, KS, GM and the goalie father are all gone plus a couple other kids. A MF and a FOGO all heading to the Crabs and current coach of Crabs is gonna be asked to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated at NAL is impressive - congrats on winning the championship! How'd the team do in HoCo this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s happening, confirmed at beach lax this past wkend. Being done very quietly leaving FH in shambles in the 2031 age group. DK, KS, GM and the goalie father are all gone plus a couple other kids. A MF and a FOGO all heading to the Crabs and current coach of Crabs is gonna be asked to leave.
wolfpack 31s played NAL this weekend. I think the 31 'white' team played beach lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated at NAL is impressive - congrats on winning the championship! How'd the team do in HoCo this year?
They didn't win championship. ML won championship. Wolfpack lost tiebreaker to sweetlax/igloo. Sweetlax and igloo both got crushed in semis by hawks/ML. Wolfpack 4-0-1. Not bad for a bunch of "hicks" (stay classy Next Level parents) from 3 elementary schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FH “A” team played NAL, correct. Information is still accurate. They have 16 kids on the team and the “elite” talent pool is drying up in Harford county for 2031. They cant add anybody and this DK is moving 8 kids to the crabs. DK will be the face of the team while KS will be the true head coach just like how they operate at FH. Crabs future is bright in the 2031 age bracket!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like is this an attempt to Jedi mind trick "this DK" into doing this? I can imagine crabs parents being stubborn/elitist/whatever and not wanting to be associated with a rec club team. Especially with their mismatched helmets -- new helmets next year btw -- and they're tough to crack lineup. But why want to spend 3x? Those crabs boys should come to tryouts because the Wolfpack is looking to expand. They only have one goalie and there's plenty of playing time available at most positions because of their playing style.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s moving year baby!!!

Kelly Post moving to the predators

Zingos moving to FCA

FH Wolfpack A team moving to Crabs

Whole new look in the Elite division for 2031’s!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s moving year baby!!!

Zingos moving to FCA

Predators on the move up. Talk of Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s moving year baby!!!

Zingos moving to FCA

With everyone on age!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s moving year baby!!!

Zingos moving to FCA

With everyone on age!!
Why would Kelly Post players want to play for predators instead of Wolfpack? Why would crabs want to play for crabs instead of Wolfpack let alone Wolfpack players playing for crabs? I assure you Wolfpack players are going nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the non sense; FH is a rec program that has nothing to offer. They don’t even have a home location. Helmets are all different colors, Harford county pool of players isn’t As deep. No one from Balt Co is gonna drive to FH when they can join a club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kelly post is part of MDLL now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the non sense; FH is a rec program that has nothing to offer. They don’t even have a home location. Helmets are all different colors, Harford county pool of players isn’t As deep. No one from Balt Co is gonna drive to FH when they can join a club team.
The only team to ever beat this "FH rec team" 3x is Madlax. The only team to beat them 2x are the hawks (and Wolfpack was missing a key middie in that 2nd loss). Are Baltco parents worried they'll save 2k in dues by playing for the Wolfpack? Matching helmets coming next year. Indoor turf training all offseason.

Kids are driving 40+ minutes to play for Madlax and Hawks. I bet parents who think their kids are talented enough to play for teams of that caliber would be willing to travel less than 40 minutes and pay a 1/3 of what those clubs charge. Maybe some people just approach decision making differently than I do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat FH this year!

FH can’t offer what clubs can. Indoor winter training?!? Where at Harford Sports?? Stop w the senseless argument, FH is cheaper cause it offer less, simple as that. DK and KS are moving to crabs along with 5 other boys. You will see!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If WP top 6-8 are leaving for Crabs, that is a huge coup for Crabs. WP starters can and have hung with anyone, depth has been the issue for them. Crabs already had some talented players, most of them the current coaches sons. Hopefully if this merger rumor becomes fact, they are able to keep all the key pieces. Next problem will be finding enough teams for the HoCo elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat FH this year!

FH can’t offer what clubs can. Indoor winter training?!? Where at Harford Sports?? Stop w the senseless argument, FH is cheaper cause it offer less, simple as that. DK and KS are moving to crabs along with 5 other boys. You will see!!
That’s 1x. Only 2 teams have done it more than once and one of those arguably with an asterisk. But good for the crabs on their crowning achievement of the season. How’d the rematch go? What FH offers my son is a better team at a better value than crabs. You don’t have to get mad at me because you’re paying too much. The Wolfpack is looking to add talent so if you want to save some coin and you think your kid can actually make this little ol’ rec team, head on out to tryouts this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry buddy but your son will have to join their “b” team or will be wearing different colors next year. It’s reality, doesn’t matter how good the team is they cant field an elite team. After their studs they struggle. Sorry TS, Twins, HM, CP and their goalie is all they have and when those boys arnt on the field it shows. That’s why Hawks and ML have created a clear gap.

The current HC of the crabs is a great coach but his son struggles at the elite level hence the need for the FH coaching staff. The writing is on the wall, it makes the most sense for the boys and the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat FH this year!

That’s 1x. Only 2 teams have done it more than once and one of those arguably with an asterisk. But good for the crabs on their crowning achievement of the season. How’d the rematch go? What FH offers my son is a better team at a better value than crabs. You don’t have to get mad at me because you’re paying too much. The Wolfpack is looking to add talent so if you want to save some coin and you think your kid can actually make this little ol’ rec team, head on out to tryouts this summer.

You talk a mean game for a team that had 3 wins this year in HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry buddy but your son will have to join their “b” team or will be wearing different colors next year. It’s reality, doesn’t matter how good the team is they cant field an elite team. After their studs they struggle. Sorry TS, Twins, HM, CP and their goalie is all they have and when those boys arnt on the field it shows. That’s why Hawks and ML have created a clear gap.

The current HC of the crabs is a great coach but his son struggles at the elite level hence the need for the FH coaching staff. The writing is on the wall, it makes the most sense for the boys and the coaches.
It’s creepy that you seem to know so much about the players and coaches. But it’s odd you also seem to have some very wrong intel on coaches and players and team strengths weaknesses.

ML exploits their weaknesses, especially the one between ears, so there’s a gap there until proven otherwise. Hawks are 2-2 against them and last game was played without a key player. On a team with 16 kids, that’s a big handicap. Hawks are great and the boys love the emerging rivalry though.

The only thing the team needs is more depth at every position. Are you scared your kid wouldn’t make the cut during tryouts? Even knowing there are roster slots available? Was he already cut once before? The past is the past. New players have joined the last 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Kelly post is part of MDLL now.

Incorrect. 2027 team becoming MDLL as they move into HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, they need depth! The well is dry in Harford county. Your points are valid with pricing but you are in the minority with that thought process. Families want what the clubs offer, if that wasn’t the case clubs wouldn’t exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, they need depth! The well is dry in Harford county. Your points are valid with pricing but you are in the minority with that thought process. Families want what the clubs offer, if that wasn’t the case clubs wouldn’t exist.
We're talking 2031s here. What do families want? Elite, competitive team and talent to ensure growth: check. Optimized economics for that value proposition: check; there are 4 more years of HoCo which translates to ~$8k savings. I mean if that bumper sticker on the car is worth that for you, I guess it's your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're talking 2031s here. What do families want? Elite, competitive team and talent to ensure growth: check. Optimized economics for that value proposition: check; there are 4 more years of HoCo which translates to ~$8k savings. I mean if that bumper sticker on the car is worth that for you, I guess it's your money.

Not sure about the whole “competitive team and talent to ensure growth”. Crabs seem to be rising up the ranks and developing/improving a lot from last year. Wolfpack seemed to have taken a few steps back. To go from playing for the championship last year to just 3 wins this year in HoCo is pretty rough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd the second game against Wolfpack go for the crabs? How'd crabs do at NAL? Was an extra $2000 in dues worth those outcomes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait... what? So people on here think that families should take their 8 year old and drive for 1 hour each way 2x a week for practice, with the same coaches they already have now, to play in the same league and division they are currently in plus pay 2k more. Interesting.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait... what? So people on here think that families should take their 8 year old and drive for 1 hour each way 2x a week for practice, with the same coaches they already have now, to play in the same league and division they are currently in plus pay 2k more. Interesting.....

You're in the 2031 thread, which is 9 and 10 year olds. You may want to go to the 2033 thread to talk about 8 year olds. But assuming you're talking about the issue at-hand, yes, I think parents would happily do that to be a part of a club team that's on the rise vs. one that peaked last year and is in decline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is mad cause lil Johnny didn’t get the invite and is being left behind and will have to play for the blue claws next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated at NAL = “on the decline”

Desperate leaps of logic. You must be really praying hard that your 2031 crab boys don’t try out for Wolfpack with those KP and LTLC boys. Your only hope is that enough parents like the prestige of their $2000 car magnet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated at NAL = “on the decline”

Desperate leaps of logic. You must be really praying hard that your 2031 crab boys don’t try out for Wolfpack with those KP and LTLC boys. Your only hope is that enough parents like the prestige of their $2000 car magnet.
I was personally thinking more about the fact that the team had 3 wins during the HoCo season. But now that I know that the Wolfpack beat the Hawks and MadLax at NAL on its undefeated march to the tourney championship, I take it back. That one weekend wipes away the months of the hoco season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you got me. I took the bait and that’s on me. All I can say if you think your kid is good enough to make the team, he’ll make the team. Don’t bring your hurt feelings here; tell him to hit the wall. Don’t try to scare off other kids because you’re scared of your son having competition.

Pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck does that have to do with kids leaving WP for crabs?!?! Who is trying to scare anyone! We welcome those 8 kids, they will make us elite!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is leaving WP green for crabs. You need better intel. Maybe the WP white team kids will go to crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like overall there is going to be a lot of shuffling at this age group.....

Kelly Post 2031 AAA coach leaving for Predators and team folding
LTLC 2031 AAA several kids leaving
Zingos 2031 Elite coach leaving for FCA
Sidewinders bought out....team folding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meeting last night w DK, GM and KS with JW Crabs. It’s a done deal. WP play in tourney this wkend announcement will be made after this wkend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like overall there is going to be a lot of shuffling at this age group.....

Kelly Post 2031 AAA coach leaving for Predators and team folding
LTLC 2031 AAA several kids leaving
Zingos 2031 Elite coach leaving for FCA
Sidewinders bought out....team folding

Sidewinders wasn't bought out. You can't buy a non-profit organization. Just a rebranding. They are hiring an outside org (Kyle Harrison's group) to help manage the club. The club is still a non profit and under the umbrella of the Crofton Athletic Council.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack Tryouts July 10 and July 26th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Hawks and ML have created a clear gap"? NL is 3-1 against Hawks this year and boat raced them for 2 of those wins (including the most recent one at Lax Splash). ML has created a clear gap at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up NL dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up NL dad
When NL dads aren’t helicoptering on the sidelines, switching sides every quarter, they can be found here defending their son’s team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure NL dads have a monopoly in that area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Wolfpack bury teams like Mesa and Express is awesome. Bunch of sour parents can’t handle the fact that their state all-star team can’t beat kids from a single town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your team will be irrelevant in a few yrs, the boys will move on to bigger/better programs…enjoy Wolfpack for now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Wolfpack bury teams like Mesa and Express is awesome. Bunch of sour parents can’t handle the fact that their state all-star team can’t beat kids from a single town.
Thanks, wolf pack mom. Really good squad but you have some holes and you’re going nowhere with those mismatched helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, wolf pack mom. Really good squad but you have some holes and you’re going nowhere with those mismatched helmets.
Say what you want. I love celebrating those kids, and there’s 3 or 4 kids on that team who will be names to remember for the next few years. I’d be scared if the top kids were looking to move too, cause they could take anyone’s spot. So easy to root for this program!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^yup. It’s a sign of changing times in lacrosse. No longer will your kid be special because of the prestige of the club team they play for. There’s so many kids out there ready to take your son’s spot at the next try out—and the scorelines from Wolfpack’s tournament W show it. Combined 15+ goal margin of victory against two teams of high prestige. Again, they’re from the same small town! Haha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will remember 4th grade laxers names this year or next or the following years…get a grip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Wolfpack dad I love how much my son’s team has apparently fried some of your brains. Not aware of any players thinking about leaving or why they’d even want to leave. Lots of playing time with only a handful of subs and lots of winning against teams with a false sense of entitlement. laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Wolfpack dad I love how much my son’s team has apparently fried some of your brains. Not aware of any players thinking about leaving or why they’d even want to leave. Lots of playing time with only a handful of subs and lots of winning against teams with a false sense of entitlement. laugh

WP is a good squad, which wasn’t reflected in the HOCO record this year. Lost a lot of really close games. They play a slow and deliberate game, however, and I think that is starting to catch up to them relative to the other ‘31 elite teams. But who knows, things change year to year and if they can keep the core pieces together, WP could definitely be competitive next year as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NAL tourney must have felt great. You won more games in 2 days that weekend than you did in 2 months of play in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t we all just get along? Our kids can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NAL tourney must have felt great. You won more games in 2 days that weekend than you did in 2 months of play in HOCO.
They’re 10 year old boys who aren’t really used to losing and it’s easy to get caught off guard by teams you’ve never lost to before. But as somebody else mentioned, the only teams to EVER beat them more than one time are ML and Hawks and that second loss to hawks was without a key middie.

Unless you’re a ML parent, you know there’s a good chance if you play the Wolfpack, you’re going to lose. That’s what feels great; I can handle a team that pulls from 20x the population base having our number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest joke here is how defensive some of you get. Would’ve never guessed people argue about 10 year olds like this. WP is absolutely legit, no matter how you spin it. So are other teams. They can all be good. Did you guys know college recruiting starts in 6 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It starts small but living through your son is a disease…get help, a life or a hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO is adopting the new ages rules THIS FALL. How many teams will be impacted? :grabs popcorn:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It starts small but living through your son is a disease…get help, a life or a hobby.

Agree, to see Lax dads on here boasting about a 9/10 year old team and how great they are, just wow. Nobody is going to remember how many games you won or lost in 4th grade Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure the "boasting" is a direct response to the [Censored] talk about a team being "on the decline" and "players are leaving the team," presumably because they're unhappy. Nice try. And nicer $2000 team magnet on your car. I hope it eases the pain of your son not being good enough to make the team that costs a 1/3 of the team your son could make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend, which position is in need of players the most? Attack, Midfield, Defense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend, which position is in need of players the most? Attack, Midfield, Defense?
For WP? All of the above and include G. 16 players and no 2nd goalie isn’t enough especially with specialization and more use of players coming out of box. Talent always finds a way onto the field and nothing is ever given.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Wolfpack out of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Wolfpack out of?
Forest Hill MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.
No need to leave a community program until 7th-8th grade.
And save yourself $1500/year and play AA and AAA ball instead of elite.
Kids get to learn team-based lacrosse, and play against fewer holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.
Or better yet: save yourself $1500/year and play elite ball. With no holdbacks. Wolfpack 2031 maybe the only place in HOCO at any age level where this is possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.
Or better yet: save yourself $1500/year and play elite ball. With no holdbacks. Wolfpack 2031 maybe the only place in HOCO at any age level where this is possible.

*Yet still lose to ML

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, you nailed it - the other parents are “maroons” lol
This forum is gold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.

*Yet still lose to ML

**and every other team in the league that isn’t Team 91 or Zingos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some advice from some people with older sons.

Looking to leave LTLC to tryout for Preds, True, FCA, or 91. Have enjoyed LTLC, but not a fan of what they seem to be doing with there older teams as they reach middle school. How can a viable club program that is competing against the 91's, FCA's, and Crabs at the younger levels just decide to bail on their 7th and 8th grade teams and merge with Crabs?

So my question for those with older kids....have you seen this happen before? And any advice people can share on Preds, True, FCA or 91 - 2031 teams?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard