BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At least True Blue is playing in A, not like the Turtles and their B- and B+ teams. How did the Turtles even form a 2nd team? Which folded club did they annex? One is Tenacious and one is just The Turtles.
True Blue played in the farmingdale tournament but then entered two B tournaments that no respectable A team would play in.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Clubs rankings for the fall

5 - Shock
32 - Igloo
40 - Express A
52 - Regulators
56 - Legrush Red
65 - S2S A
75 - Express B
78- True Blue
79 - Legrush White
103 - Turtles
124 - Rebels B
156 - 91 Hornets
168 - Rebels East
189 - United

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 - Shock
32 - Igloo
40 - Express A
52 - Regulators
56 - Legrush Red
65 - S2S A
75 - Express B
78- True Blue
79 - Legrush White
103 - Turtles
124 - Rebels B
156 - 91 Hornets
168 - Rebels East
189 - United

Express A isn't close to Shock anymore. Regulators improved after the exodus of True Blue kids. What happened to Rebels A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express A had just average middies for the fall. They be fine in the Summer. lWho knows about the Rebels. RedHawks have definitely slid backwards. Rebels seem to putting a lot of energy in the National teams and building out that brand. Probably a better move, I see those True teams everywhere this summer and fall and that seems like a better model

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't understand how they leave 91 MD off the list entirely. I know they carry mostly older players but to me they are the best team in the "age group" by far. Also, it's silly to rank teams beyond the top 20-25. After that it's irrelevant. College coaches don't care what team you played for or where they were ranked. That's only for parents trying to brag to their friends or the kids who don't get it yet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regulators at 52 is a JOKE! Igloo is overrated, especially since they are playing in "B" tournaments which cooks their W/L ratio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regulators at 52 is a JOKE! Igloo is overrated, especially since they are playing in "B" tournaments which cooks their W/L ratio.

How is Regulators at 52 a JOKE? Seems about right. They beat S2S who is 65. S2S is probably around the A/B+ cut off. The top B teams are ranked in the 70s, not far behind. Seems pretty accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 - Shock
32 - Igloo
40 - Express A
52 - Regulators
56 - Legrush Red
65 - S2S A
75 - Express B
78- True Blue
79 - Legrush White
103 - Turtles
124 - Rebels B
156 - 91 Hornets
168 - Rebels East
189 - United

Express A isn't close to Shock anymore. Regulators improved after the exodus of True Blue kids. What happened to Rebels A?

Can you please stop with the exodus of True Blue kids when referring to the Regulators supposed improvement. The daddy coaches barely played them when they were on the team because they were too concerned with their own kids and their friends. Get your facts straight. Last I heard Regulators lost a lot more games then they won this fall. So how is that improving exactly????? And Regs would have lost every one of those games if they didn't beg the True Blue Goalie to stay..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is Regulators at 52 a JOKE? Seems about right. They beat S2S who is 65. S2S is probably around the A/B+ cut off. The top B teams are ranked in the 70s, not far behind. Seems pretty accurate.

S to S was missing a number of top players when we played Regulators so not a fair assessment..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 - Shock
32 - Igloo
40 - Express A
52 - Regulators
56 - Legrush Red
65 - S2S A
75 - Express B
78- True Blue
79 - Legrush White
103 - Turtles
124 - Rebels B
156 - 91 Hornets
168 - Rebels East
189 - United

Can you please stop with the exodus of True Blue kids when referring to the Regulators supposed improvement. The daddy coaches barely played them when they were on the team because they were too concerned with their own kids and their friends. Get your facts straight. Last I heard Regulators lost a lot more games then they won this fall. So how is that improving exactly????? And Regs would have lost every one of those games if they didn't beg the True Blue Goalie to stay..

True Blue goalie didn't play for any of the Regulators wins in Fall. He missed one of two tournaments. S2S Lost to Regulators twice in Summer too. Missing a number of top players then too? Have they beat anyone but True Blue?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat express CoachC in July. Cherries in July. 3 out of 3 in Delaware 2 weeks ago. They also lost games. Your question was did they beat anyone else. The answer would be yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat express CoachC in July. Cherries in July. 3 out of 3 in Delaware 2 weeks ago. They also lost games. Your question was did they beat anyone else. The answer would be yes.

Who are you referring to exactly??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Rebels Chrome on this list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Rebels Chrome on this list?

They and many others were N/A for fall rankings. If your team plays at an event and the scores aren’t recorded, then that team will not have enough events to be ranked. That’s likely Team 91MD is not ranked. I think the rankings are close enough at the end of last year. Believe teams will slide and others will rise throughout summer. Every win is weighted and it’s not wins and loses only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S to S was missing a number of top players when we played Regulators so not a fair assessment..

“We”…lol…every team that is at the HS level is missing players in the fall. The team is a decent team, stop with the excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Regulators should play TB
Tired of watching you jerks from the Regulators bashing that the goalie kid. You keep bashing TB. So make it happen, so maybe you’ll stop the childish bashing. I’m sure if your so good with all those superstars you have nothing to be concerned. I’ll put $1k on TB if your so confident
I’ll take the college coach over the Daddy coach any day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The regulatators I think are a single team. If so they grade out in 18 months and no need to worry. I believe the coach is also a coach at Express I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's really no place for Daddy coaches beyond middle school, it doesn't matter if it's club or school. Even the ones that don't favor their kid should have enough common sense to know that it doesn't look good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's really no place for Daddy coaches beyond middle school, it doesn't matter if it's club or school. Even the ones that don't favor their kid should have enough common sense to know that it doesn't look good.

You are 100% correct. Daddy coaches after a certain age is silly. There is an exception to this however. What if the Daddy coach played Division 1 lacrosse at a high level and is a very valuable asset to a particular team. I would much rather that Daddy coach then a kid fresh out of college who doesn't know [Censored] about coaching high school kids or just a staffer who a club throws in there to coach 5 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends, because every situation is different. Dad coaches can favor their kids, absolutely. But they are also more invested in the team than some coach that is happy with just fulfilling the minimum. And coaches who are dedicated are hard to find.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The regulators coach is one of the best if not the best coach on LI. Selfless, team always first, takes time to teach high IQ and a great role model for kids and community. True leader. Anyone says different just doesn’t know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct. Daddy coaches after a certain age is silly. There is an exception to this however. What if the Daddy coach played Division 1 lacrosse at a high level and is a very valuable asset to a particular team. I would much rather that Daddy coach then a kid fresh out of college who doesn't know [Censored] about coaching high school kids or just a staffer who a club throws in there to coach 5 teams.

My kids heavily invested d1 daddy coaches sons are horrible! They are jeopardizing quality kids playing time, the team wins, and program rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Daddy coaches favor their kids and their kids friends. Jeopardize players because of their child’s needs.
The best example is Legacy. That whole organization went down the tubes when a daddy bought 51% of the organization. D1, D2, D3 it doesn’t matter. It’s always same with daddy coaching. I agree 100% with other comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree that there are probably a few guys out there like this. However, they don't have to be the "coach" to be valuable to the team. Also this type of person would probably not be interested in the position since he "gets it" and realizes how bad the optics are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“We”…lol…every team that is at the HS level is missing players in the fall. The team is a decent team, stop with the excuses.

Except certain teams, they call in reserves from other states an still get smoked...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except certain teams, they call in reserves from other states an still get smoked...
The regulators coach is one of the best if not the best coach on LI. Selfless, team always first, takes time to teach high IQ and a great role model for kids and community. True leader. Anyone says different just doesn’t know.

Says the Assistant coach!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 - Shock
32 - Igloo
40 - Express A
52 - Regulators
56 - Legrush Red
65 - S2S A
75 - Express B
78- True Blue
79 - Legrush White
103 - Turtles
124 - Rebels B
156 - 91 Hornets
168 - Rebels East
189 - United

Unfortunately, a very weak age group for LI. Look at the older age groups. Traditionally 4-5 teams in the top 20 at this age. I have a senior also and 2023 had Bandits, S2S, Express, Igloo, and Warriors all inside the top 20. That was a powerhouse grade nationally too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 - Shock
32 - Igloo
40 - Express A
52 - Regulators
56 - Legrush Red
65 - S2S A
75 - Express B
78- True Blue
79 - Legrush White
103 - Turtles
124 - Rebels B
156 - 91 Hornets
168 - Rebels East
189 - United

Unfortunately, a very weak age group for LI. Look at the older age groups. Traditionally 4-5 teams in the top 20 at this age. I have a senior also and 2023 had Bandits, S2S, Express, Igloo, and Warriors all inside the top 20. That was a powerhouse grade nationally too.

Maybe so. The talent is less concentrated amongst a few teams. Plus some of these rosters are filled with too many players and most of which should be first line players on other teams. Still shake my head that parents choose a better team for their son vs being a 1st liner on a decent team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parity sets in as they get older. Igloo ranked higher than Exp? Regs at #52? How is this calculated?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parity sets in as they get older. Igloo ranked higher than Exp? Regs at #52? How is this calculated?
It's only based on the Fall season. Everyone knows where Igloo belongs on that list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with a previous post, it turns out this is a weak age from LI. I can't think of a single dominant player on the island for 2025. You have a few kids who are good at one, maybe two aspects of the game. Not really a complete player like some teams out of state have. The older age groups from LI had some top tier players but I don't see any 25s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI kids are hurt by playing too much organized ball which is killing is improvisational skills . That being said if you know what to look for their are a lot of very good kids that are playing against other very good kids so you won’t see as many highlight plays but the skill level is there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with a previous post, it turns out this is a weak age from LI. I can't think of a single dominant player on the island for 2025. You have a few kids who are good at one, maybe two aspects of the game. Not really a complete player like some teams out of state have. The older age groups from LI had some top tier players but I don't see any 25s.

Then you haven’t watched an Express v 91 game. What is true is that there is no depth on these teams, and not tuition donation practice players, no depth on a AA level. After 8-12 players, the gap in talent is like D1 to D3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you haven’t watched an Express v 91 game. What is true is that there is no depth on these teams, and not tuition donation practice players, no depth on a AA level. After 8-12 players, the gap in talent is like D1 to D3.
I've seen them play more than I care to remember, nobody special on either team. The nicest way to say it is that you have undersized, weak players or overweight, slow players. Don't really see a complete player with all the physical attributes mixed with lacrosse talent. Teams off the island have much better athletes. The 2025s don't compare to some of the players from LI over the last 5 years. Could be that everyone else is catching up because their better athletes are finally taking an interest in lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If soweak and undersized then why has 91 beaten some of the beat teams in the country? Theres has to be dome talent on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If soweak and undersized then why has 91 beaten some of the beat teams in the country? Theres has to be dome talent on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best players are from outside LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island 91 Shock with players from Texas, Maryland, Connecticut, oh and some from New York - LI and Westchester

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Decent players are on all of these teams and that will continue to change over the next year or so...The "Shining stars" from early childhood are now on a more level playing field as the other kids have physically caught up. Just having a good step down will no longer work. Kids need to be complete lax players. I think therein is the confusion: A lot of these kids are very good at 1 thing but not many are good at everything. Some kids and parents are in for a rude awakening so get your popcorn ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island 91 Shock with players from Texas, Maryland, Connecticut, oh and some from New York - LI and Westchester

It’s travel lacrosse, correct? I didn’t know you can only have players from LI. Go back to PAL.

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard