Winter Clinics & Preseason Training Available - Check Camps/Clinics Forum Section | Registration is now Open for the CBLaxers.com UnD1sputed Showcases!!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics3,448
Posts357,215
Members2,528
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why haven’t people left this team yet?

Some have. Lost a few during tryouts, another mid fall last year, and then another to YJ at the end of the summer. Not enough spots on other teams for these kids and it’s so late in the game to switch.

It’s not too late. You and your daughter need to take recruiting into your own hands. Research her top 10 schools and there’s a good chance a handful of them have clinics in December. Create a fall highlight film and have your daughter send out emails. Help empower her and make this a priority!

Not original poster but on this team and facing the same issue. We are doing everything in our power but it is very obvious which clubs have people on the inside who are helping push their kids. Their are multiple kids on our team better than committed kids who pushed schools heavily and didn’t get anything because the directors and coaches of the other kids, who we are friends with and speak to the parents of, had coaches texting the college coaches and making calls for them for the past year. They were able to get feedback after events on if a school was definitely not interested so they could use their time and money somewhere that may be a better fit. Sad that even with talent , those of equal talent who’ll get picked for the jersey they wear

College coaches offer spots to the players that they believe can help their program. Club directors, club coaches, high school coaches, college alumni, current players, coaches friends etc... have very little influence over who the college coach offers a spot to.

That isn’t true at all come on now you know Carol rose is getting kids into schools with her reputation alone. They’ll come to see TG YJ Jesters Legacy etc because they have coaches and directors who are connected to the sport heavily. Coaches listen to and respect those names and clubs.

You are delusional if you think a coach at a top 20 college team is taking a kid just in the word of a club coach. will they look at them, sure. But they aren’t taking that kid.
Example. Kid from YJ and a kid from say Belles. Director from YJ tells coach from top 20 her kid is a star. Coach comes watch the kid and she stinks it up. The. That player goes to the coach’s camp and stinks it up. While the belles player is an absolute student at her games and camp. And goes to a second camp and k cold it out of the park. Guess who that top 20 coach is taking ?
If your kid is good, she will find a place.


Every thread on here has a new post about 91 being the worst option for kids. The younger grades complain about coaches character as well. This isn’t a trend for just rhe 24s and sadly these coaches are taking the heat for a bigger issue: 91 not being a top girls program. It hasn’t been for a very long time. It’s why they can’t keep directors or good coaches, because unless a parent is coaching to get their kid free tuition most coaches do not want to stay and deal with working for a boys club.

I’m sure these coaches have some blame to take, but at the end of the day there is a reason the same type of coimplants can be found at every grade level on here year after year. There’s a reason people tell 5th graders to run while they have a chance to build chemistry and relationships at a better club.

Your issue is you didn’t stand a chance the second you chose to play for that particular club. The organization as a whole is not focused on the girls side.

You have a few more months and then you’re done. My suggestion is you stop complaining here, put your head down before you burn bridges with anyone at that club that’s trying even a little bit, and just get it done. It’s too late to make any real changes, so just make the best of it.

We left this team in middle school, and it was the best choice we ever made. When there was a mass exit before hs to legacy and Jackets we went and never looked back. Now our daughter is committed and has never been happier. The program keeps kids for the younger year then once parent finally realize the sham on the girls side they bail. I’m sure that merger kept the girls side from going under

Middle school ? Really ? Cmon give me a break. It's not solely on the program to get a girl committed.

If we hadn't left I guarantee we wouldn't be committed. Some of our old teammates still there that are just as good but didn't have the resources


What resources ? Please explain

I think with the exception of the few remaining players who se families posted on here that they feel that their is a bias from the coaches, the majority of others blame the club not the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent coaches are always a problem. It can be the head coach or assistant coach but they can always have an impact as the roles of the players and the systems that are run. All of this can impact in who’s playing and touching the ball. Some clubs are worse than others.
It’s almost impossible to overcome this.

College coaches will many times walk up to the head coach and ask about players they see in games(even after 9/1). Some will then reach out to the player but others will have HC facilitate.
Coaches will connections can definitely get college coaches to watch and then it’s up to the players. BUT the coaches do have a major impact on all of that and the discussions before and afterwards. For this reason you should always be avoiding parent coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on. It’s not the coach that gets the kids recruited. If you can play, you will get recruited. Yes the club coaches push their favorites to certain showcases but that’s it.

Can’t tell me if your kid can ball, coaches like Cathy Reese passes on her because she didn’t get the push from a certain parent coach. That’s nonsense.

Maryland is probably not a good example. They pass on a lot of good players, they are the best program in the country for a reason.... They bring in the best players and they do not take players because a club coach pushes the player.

I'd argue that UNC and BC have surpassed Maryland. UNC has destroyed Maryland the last few years on the recruiting trail. UNC is now the #1 choice for many top players and MD is falling behind. Top players are passing on MD. Maryland's top 2024 committ was very close to comitting to UNC. She went with Maryland only after UNC loaded up with every other top player available in 2024.

The top Commit probably chose MD because she knows Cathy Reese is the best women’s lacrosse coach ever and wants to be coached by her! MD is still the best lacrosse program ever. who wouldn’t choose Cathy Reese and MD if lacrosse was a main factor in her college choice? It’s also an amazing school! Win, win

Of the 4 most recently successful programs- Academically, UNC, BC, Northwestern completely blow away Maryland. All on par or surpassed Md in lacrosse right now, so from a balance of lax and academics among this group, Md would be last on list. Northwestern the only one on list in top 10 both academically and lacrosse power. Probably also a reason Md can hang on so strong with lax is that hey can bring in an entire class of players who are just average students, whereas Northwestern (and other high academic schools) may be able to sneak an average academic player or two each year through the back door, but certainly not the entire class.

Ha.. that's funny, trying to lump UNC and BC in with Northwestern in terms of academics. As far as admissions goes, Northwestern can bring in pretty much whoever they want, UNC has a very specific number of "slots", not sure exactly how much leeway BC has, not sure if they have a specific number of slots or if "athletic consideration/admission" is done case by case but I would imagine they have a lot of support in admissions. In any event, all the schools listed are excellent academic schools with great lacrosse programs. Maryland will not be going away anytime soon and they are by far the best women's lacrosse program of all time.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on. It’s not the coach that gets the kids recruited. If you can play, you will get recruited. Yes the club coaches push their favorites to certain showcases but that’s it.

Can’t tell me if your kid can ball, coaches like Cathy Reese passes on her because she didn’t get the push from a certain parent coach. That’s nonsense.

Maryland is probably not a good example. They pass on a lot of good players, they are the best program in the country for a reason.... They bring in the best players and they do not take players because a club coach pushes the player.

I'd argue that UNC and BC have surpassed Maryland. UNC has destroyed Maryland the last few years on the recruiting trail. UNC is now the #1 choice for many top players and MD is falling behind. Top players are passing on MD. Maryland's top 2024 committ was very close to comitting to UNC. She went with Maryland only after UNC loaded up with every other top player available in 2024.

The top Commit probably chose MD because she knows Cathy Reese is the best women’s lacrosse coach ever and wants to be coached by her! MD is still the best lacrosse program ever. who wouldn’t choose Cathy Reese and MD if lacrosse was a main factor in her college choice? It’s also an amazing school! Win, win

Who's the top commit?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 top committ was an easy pick - attacker CH going to UNC, should be fun to watch in the future.

2024 does not have a clear 1 IMHO, but the most important position is always left out of rankings. Who is the best draw specialist? Most important position on the field, but not given any attention. I would like to see names of the best 2024 draw specialists from people on this site. I'm sure some got overlooked by the traditional power schools.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2023 top committ was an easy pick - attacker CH going to UNC, should be fun to watch in the future.

2024 does not have a clear 1 IMHO, but the most important position is always left out of rankings. Who is the best draw specialist? Most important position on the field, but not given any attention. I would like to see names of the best 2024 draw specialists from people on this site. I'm sure some got overlooked by the traditional power schools.

Every position on the field is important. That said, trying to establish a narrative that the "draw specialist" is the "most important" position on the field is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why haven’t people left this team yet?

Some have. Lost a few during tryouts, another mid fall last year, and then another to YJ at the end of the summer. Not enough spots on other teams for these kids and it’s so late in the game to switch.

It’s not too late. You and your daughter need to take recruiting into your own hands. Research her top 10 schools and there’s a good chance a handful of them have clinics in December. Create a fall highlight film and have your daughter send out emails. Help empower her and make this a priority!

Not original poster but on this team and facing the same issue. We are doing everything in our power but it is very obvious which clubs have people on the inside who are helping push their kids. Their are multiple kids on our team better than committed kids who pushed schools heavily and didn’t get anything because the directors and coaches of the other kids, who we are friends with and speak to the parents of, had coaches texting the college coaches and making calls for them for the past year. They were able to get feedback after events on if a school was definitely not interested so they could use their time and money somewhere that may be a better fit. Sad that even with talent , those of equal talent who’ll get picked for the jersey they wear

College coaches offer spots to the players that they believe can help their program. Club directors, club coaches, high school coaches, college alumni, current players, coaches friends etc... have very little influence over who the college coach offers a spot to.

That isn’t true at all come on now you know Carol rose is getting kids into schools with her reputation alone. They’ll come to see TG YJ Jesters Legacy etc because they have coaches and directors who are connected to the sport heavily. Coaches listen to and respect those names and clubs.

You are delusional if you think a coach at a top 20 college team is taking a kid just in the word of a club coach. will they look at them, sure. But they aren’t taking that kid.
Example. Kid from YJ and a kid from say Belles. Director from YJ tells coach from top 20 her kid is a star. Coach comes watch the kid and she stinks it up. The. That player goes to the coach’s camp and stinks it up. While the belles player is an absolute student at her games and camp. And goes to a second camp and k cold it out of the park. Guess who that top 20 coach is taking ?
If your kid is good, she will find a place.


Every thread on here has a new post about 91 being the worst option for kids. The younger grades complain about coaches character as well. This isn’t a trend for just rhe 24s and sadly these coaches are taking the heat for a bigger issue: 91 not being a top girls program. It hasn’t been for a very long time. It’s why they can’t keep directors or good coaches, because unless a parent is coaching to get their kid free tuition most coaches do not want to stay and deal with working for a boys club.

I’m sure these coaches have some blame to take, but at the end of the day there is a reason the same type of coimplants can be found at every grade level on here year after year. There’s a reason people tell 5th graders to run while they have a chance to build chemistry and relationships at a better club.

Your issue is you didn’t stand a chance the second you chose to play for that particular club. The organization as a whole is not focused on the girls side.

You have a few more months and then you’re done. My suggestion is you stop complaining here, put your head down before you burn bridges with anyone at that club that’s trying even a little bit, and just get it done. It’s too late to make any real changes, so just make the best of it.

We left this team in middle school, and it was the best choice we ever made. When there was a mass exit before hs to legacy and Jackets we went and never looked back. Now our daughter is committed and has never been happier. The program keeps kids for the younger year then once parent finally realize the sham on the girls side they bail. I’m sure that merger kept the girls side from going under

Middle school ? Really ? Cmon give me a break. It's not solely on the program to get a girl committed.

If we hadn't left I guarantee we wouldn't be committed. Some of our old teammates still there that are just as good but didn't have the resources


What resources ? Please explain

I think with the exception of the few remaining players who se families posted on here that they feel that their is a bias from the coaches, the majority of others blame the club not the coaches.


Speak for yourself because thats not what I am hearing

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to excell in college women's lacrosse going forward, then pattern your game after the men's game. The checking will not be a component, but the teams that recruit draw specialists hard will thrive. Draw specialists only determine who gets the ball to score, I know it's the most obvious statement, but still somehow not the priority in game preparation below the collegiate level. How much time do clubs spend on draw preparation? Far too much time scrimmaging, 1 ball for 22 players. Win draws 2-1 and you win. It's the easiest and smartest way to tip the field in your favor. It's laughable how clueless people are to this flaw in the sport. The fair thing would be the ball come out from the goalie after a score. Possession is everything in a sport that you score almost 40-50% of the time you have the ball.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a team has a student draw specialist and goalie, then they can compete and win against any more talented team they face.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If a team has a student draw specialist and goalie, then they can compete and win against any more talented team they face.

So, if Marist had student Draw Specialist and Goalie they wouldl beat Maryland? If New Hampshire had a student Draw Specialist and Goalie they would beat Northwestern? If Siena had a student Draw Specialist and Goalie they would beat Syracuse? If Cornell had a student Draw Specialist and Goalie they would beat Carolina? If Boston University had a student Draw Specialist and Goalie they would beat Boston College? If Vermont had a student Draw Specialist and Goalie they would beat Virginia? If St. Bonaventure had a student Draw Specialist and Goalie they would beat Stony Brook? C'mon man... it's a team sport i.e. "all of the players and coaches".

As another post pointed out "All Positions on the field are important".

It's a team game and you will not beat the most competitive teams if you are deficient in any area. The most successful teams are usually built from back to front (Goalie, Defense, Midfield "including Draw and circle play" Attack). The teams that play the best "team defense including the goalie play" usually come out on top when all is said and done.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comparing top 5 teams to teams ranked below 80 is just a notIntelligent comment. What if a great gaolie and draw specialist in high school plays Darien, who wins? Yeah, great arguement, ignore a valid aspect of the game. It's the difference in most games.

From the Maryland vs Duke game last season:

"A 10-0 run by the Terps in a 20:29 stretch spanning the second and third quarters was founded on nine consecutive draw controls — five by Ahearn, three by Smith, and two by Bosco. A Blue Devils team that entered the game ranked 10th in the country in shots per game at 34 managed just 13 attempts — their lowest total since at least 2017.

At times, Maryland appeared to be playing lacrosse’s version of make-it, take-it. Coach Cathy Reese credited Ahearn with honing her craft all season."

You probably don't think the quarterback position is more important than a safety in football as well. It's a team game, but certain positions carry more weight than others just like all sports.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you the same parent who called out the coaches ? Then went after their kids ? Did you contact the coaches yet ? Or are you just hiding behind an anonymous site. Rather than bash the directors, coaches and 16 year old girls, I would contact the coaches directly. Seems very cowardly to keep coming on a site and hiding. Your daughter must be so proud of you, such a role model.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parent coaches are always a problem. It can be the head coach or assistant coach but they can always have an impact as the roles of the players and the systems that are run. All of this can impact in who’s playing and touching the ball. Some clubs are worse than others.
It’s almost impossible to overcome this.

College coaches will many times walk up to the head coach and ask about players they see in games(even after 9/1). Some will then reach out to the player but others will have HC facilitate.
Coaches will connections can definitely get college coaches to watch and then it’s up to the players. BUT the coaches do have a major impact on all of that and the discussions before and afterwards. For this reason you should always be avoiding parent coaches.

THIS. Parent coaches have been and will always be a problem. I don't think those who have disconnected realize how much value well connected coaches do have. Our coach met with us weekly , sent screen shots of all of their texts and emails back and forth, got feedback pre/post camps, even helped us draft emails weekly. Their connection to the college coaches got coaches there to see us, and their feedback on us helped coahces get a read they could trust on us. I can't begin to explain the impact our coach had on us.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you the same parent who called out the coaches ? Then went after their kids ? Did you contact the coaches yet ? Or are you just hiding behind an anonymous site. Rather than bash the directors, coaches and 16 year old girls, I would contact the coaches directly. Seems very cowardly to keep coming on a site and hiding. Your daughter must be so proud of you, such a role model.

YES!!!! Best post ever!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parent coaches are always a problem. It can be the head coach or assistant coach but they can always have an impact as the roles of the players and the systems that are run. All of this can impact in who’s playing and touching the ball. Some clubs are worse than others.
It’s almost impossible to overcome this.

College coaches will many times walk up to the head coach and ask about players they see in games(even after 9/1). Some will then reach out to the player but others will have HC facilitate.
Coaches will connections can definitely get college coaches to watch and then it’s up to the players. BUT the coaches do have a major impact on all of that and the discussions before and afterwards. For this reason you should always be avoiding parent coaches.

THIS. Parent coaches have been and will always be a problem. I don't think those who have disconnected realize how much value well connected coaches do have. Our coach met with us weekly , sent screen shots of all of their texts and emails back and forth, got feedback pre/post camps, even helped us draft emails weekly. Their connection to the college coaches got coaches there to see us, and their feedback on us helped coahces get a read they could trust on us. I can't begin to explain the impact our coach had on us.

These are all the kinds of things that the 91 coaches have done and more for every single girl on the team. Unfortunately, one upset and cowardly parent with an axe to grind gets to set the narrative about them on an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People leaving this late in the game from this team obviously there were many issues on that team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Comparing top 5 teams to teams ranked below 80 is just a notIntelligent comment. What if a great gaolie and draw specialist in high school plays Darien, who wins? Yeah, great arguement, ignore a valid aspect of the game. It's the difference in most games.

From the Maryland vs Duke game last season:

"A 10-0 run by the Terps in a 20:29 stretch spanning the second and third quarters was founded on nine consecutive draw controls — five by Ahearn, three by Smith, and two by Bosco. A Blue Devils team that entered the game ranked 10th in the country in shots per game at 34 managed just 13 attempts — their lowest total since at least 2017.

At times, Maryland appeared to be playing lacrosse’s version of make-it, take-it. Coach Cathy Reese credited Ahearn with honing her craft all season."

You probably don't think the quarterback position is more important than a safety in football as well. It's a team game, but certain positions carry more weight than others just like all sports.

I will chime in….

the original post said:

“If a team has a student draw specialist and goalie, then they can compete and win against any more talented team they face.”

I will assume BOTC algorithm changed “student” to “Student “ for some reason.

The premise of the post was that if a team (any team) had a student draw specialist & goalie that team will be able to beat any more talented team. That is simply not the case.

Duke managed just 13 shots because the Maryland Team Defense is outstanding and Maryland dominated the ground ball game on their defensive side of the ball.
MD won the Draw battle and of course that helped their effort but it was simply one piece of the puzzle.
Duke had the best Draw Specialist in country but Maryland was the far superior team and had better coaching.

The fact that you try to equate the Quarterback position to anything in women’s lacrosse tells everyone you know very little about the sport.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2023 top committ was an easy pick - attacker CH going to UNC, should be fun to watch in the future.

2024 does not have a clear 1 IMHO, but the most important position is always left out of rankings. Who is the best draw specialist? Most important position on the field, but not given any attention. I would like to see names of the best 2024 draw specialists from people on this site. I'm sure some got overlooked by the traditional power schools.


Watched many games between top 10 teams this past year. Many of the girls rated in the IL top 5 didn’t produce as much as you might think. People will think a kid in their area is top player but I alway go with best player on the best team. Maryland has 3 top players that outplayed all when they were on the field. All middies. 2 made USA and other didn’t go to combine for some reason but would have been a shoe in. Ask LILJ , BIC , American Select.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
People leaving this late in the game from this team obviously there were many issues on that team.

There’s a reason so many kids left years ago. There’s a reason kids left mid season and season going into 10th grade. There’s a reason kids left at the end of sophomore year going into junior year. I’m not on this team, but I can say that from those I’ve spoken to at every age there is an axe to grind. I wouldn’t attack the parent who came on here. There is a reason they feel they need to hide, which is unfortunate, but at the end of the day it’s their choice just as it’s what seems to be the coaches or coaches families prerogative to come on here to defend themselves anonymously.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The statement should have read "If a team has a studd draw specialist and goalie, then they can compete and win against more talented teams they face." I hope it doesn't get changed again, I misspelled some words hoping they don't get modified by AI.

No team can beat anybody with just a great draw specialist and goalie obviously, but they have the most impact on a women's lacrosse game. The team that controls the draw controls the game. It's how you hold a lead or come from behind in the final 10 minutes of any game. It's only one piece of the puzzle, but it's the biggest piece of the puzzle between 2 fairly matched teams. Teams that win the draw 2-1 win the games, it's that simple. Every player has an impact on the game, but there are certain parts of the game that impact it the most.

The men's game puts a premium on the draw and the women's game is moving in the same direction for a reason.

That MD vs Duke game was the matchup nightmare for Duke because they live and die with Maddie Jenner winning the draw. Loose the draw, get few shots(against a great defense) and loose, quite simple.

Since you detest the football analogy so much, I will use another one to prove my low lacrosse knowledge. It's the turnover law that football coaches live by, be +2 in turnovers and you win football games 85% of the time because it tilts the possession advantage in your favor. Same thing in winning the draw, first chance to score is everything in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strange how you say you are not on the team, yet you know so much LOL. Not the OP, but in my experience kids leave programs at every level and every club. It could be a parent feels the child will be better suited on another team, or it could be the parent feels the player is better skilled than the team they currently play for. Then there is the parent who does not understand the truth behind their daughters skill level, quite simply put, if your daughter can play she will be recruited to play. If you aren’t receiving much feed back from College coaches,,don’t blame the directors, club coaches, HS coaches or your daughters trainer. The answer is you need to reevaluate your daughter and what schools and division she truly fits in. Stop blaming the world for your miss evaluation of your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like 91 is taking it on the chin for having manipulating parent coach or crappy reccruiting guidance. Plenty of other clubs with the same issues. Don’t believe the BS of one poster on here ,,, a lot of money being made and not much work.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Strange how you say you are not on the team, yet you know so much LOL. Not the OP, but in my experience kids leave programs at every level and every club. It could be a parent feels the child will be better suited on another team, or it could be the parent feels the player is better skilled than the team they currently play for. Then there is the parent who does not understand the truth behind their daughters skill level, quite simply put, if your daughter can play she will be recruited to play. If you aren’t receiving much feed back from College coaches,,don’t blame the directors, club coaches, HS coaches or your daughters trainer. The answer is you need to reevaluate your daughter and what schools and division she truly fits in. Stop blaming the world for your miss evaluation of your daughter.

You know everyone knows one another right?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like 91 is taking it on the chin for having manipulating parent coach or crappy reccruiting guidance. Plenty of other clubs with the same issues. Don’t believe the BS of one poster on here ,,, a lot of money being made and not much work.

Stay away from parent coaches or recruiting directors who spend their time elsewhere and not at the field.
Some seem to have a boat,,, a lot of money and time for leisure I guess. But we are paying big $$$ for their services.? So with??
The clubs will always take the credit but it’s not them doing the work many times. Don’t take the word or the clubs or look on the website to figure out what’s happening. Ask multiple parents of kids who were recruited and not only the top kids.
Bottom line is the kids got to put the work in both on and off the field. I woouldnt expect too much from the clubs. Lots of lip service. You just need a look from the colleges and it’s what you do with that look.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like 91 is taking it on the chin for having manipulating parent coach or crappy reccruiting guidance. Plenty of other clubs with the same issues. Don’t believe the BS of one poster on here ,,, a lot of money being made and not much work.

I don’t think anyone disagrees parent coaches and favoritism are a problem at every club level. It seems the poster was more angry that the coaches kids and their highschool bestie were the only four committed by end of fall ball…. People are allowed to be annoyed and upset.

It’s funny because when other clubs “take it on the chin” on this website, no one comes in and sends five back to back messages about it being untrue and attacking the poster. This is the only club I’ve seen that has a groupie replying to any negative post. When YJ, Legacy, Jesters, TG, and even Empire gets bashed no fool replies. A little suspicious this is the only club who doesn’t seem to let it go and just ignore the posts… every other club does because it comes with the territory

Go look at other threads: the 29 thread is blowing up on 91 right now too. This isn’t a problem just for the 24s, it’s also not just a 91 problem. Go read other threads and see for yourself

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like 91 is taking it on the chin for having manipulating parent coach or crappy reccruiting guidance. Plenty of other clubs with the same issues. Don’t believe the BS of one poster on here ,,, a lot of money being made and not much work.

I don’t think anyone disagrees parent coaches and favoritism are a problem at every club level. It seems the poster was more angry that the coaches kids and their highschool bestie were the only four committed by end of fall ball…. People are allowed to be annoyed and upset.

It’s funny because when other clubs “take it on the chin” on this website, no one comes in and sends five back to back messages about it being untrue and attacking the poster. This is the only club I’ve seen that has a groupie replying to any negative post. When YJ, Legacy, Jesters, TG, and even Empire gets bashed no fool replies. A little suspicious this is the only club who doesn’t seem to let it go and just ignore the posts… every other club does because it comes with the territory

Go look at other threads: the 29 thread is blowing up on 91 right now too. This isn’t a problem just for the 24s, it’s also not just a 91 problem. Go read other threads and see for yourself

Whats going on her is no different than what has always happened. Does anyone have older daghters? From as long back as I can remember this site was riddles with complaints about parent coaches,91, recruiting, and every other club and coach under the rainbow. You won't make everyone happy. Just take the insult, let it go, and know that in a few weeks there will be more to come.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you find the best way to get seen other than tournaments? Paying for showcases, attending clinics or camps at a specific school? It seems like there isn’t enough time and or $ to do it all. How do you decide?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on. It’s not the coach that gets the kids recruited. If you can play, you will get recruited. Yes the club coaches push their favorites to certain showcases but that’s it.

Can’t tell me if your kid can ball, coaches like Cathy Reese passes on her because she didn’t get the push from a certain parent coach. That’s nonsense.

Maryland is probably not a good example. They pass on a lot of good players, they are the best program in the country for a reason.... They bring in the best players and they do not take players because a club coach pushes the player.

I'd argue that UNC and BC have surpassed Maryland. UNC has destroyed Maryland the last few years on the recruiting trail. UNC is now the #1 choice for many top players and MD is falling behind. Top players are passing on MD. Maryland's top 2024 committ was very close to comitting to UNC. She went with Maryland only after UNC loaded up with every other top player available in 2024.

The top Commit probably chose MD because she knows Cathy Reese is the best women’s lacrosse coach ever and wants to be coached by her! MD is still the best lacrosse program ever. who wouldn’t choose Cathy Reese and MD if lacrosse was a main factor in her college choice? It’s also an amazing school! Win, win

Of the 4 most recently successful programs- Academically, UNC, BC, Northwestern completely blow away Maryland. All on par or surpassed Md in lacrosse right now, so from a balance of lax and academics among this group, Md would be last on list. Northwestern the only one on list in top 10 both academically and lacrosse power. Probably also a reason Md can hang on so strong with lax is that hey can bring in an entire class of players who are just average students, whereas Northwestern (and other high academic schools) may be able to sneak an average academic player or two each year through the back door, but certainly not the entire class.

Ha.. that's funny, trying to lump UNC and BC in with Northwestern in terms of academics. As far as admissions goes, Northwestern can bring in pretty much whoever they want, UNC has a very specific number of "slots", not sure exactly how much leeway BC has, not sure if they have a specific number of slots or if "athletic consideration/admission" is done case by case but I would imagine they have a lot of support in admissions. In any event, all the schools listed are excellent academic schools with great lacrosse programs. Maryland will not be going away anytime soon and they are by far the best women's lacrosse program of all time.


Not true regarding NW. One of the top 23 for YJ had NW as her dream school, the coaches wanted her but couldn't get her in.

Agree that there standards are lower than say Stanford or Duke, but to say they will admit anyone is false.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you find the best way to get seen other than tournaments? Paying for showcases, attending clinics or camps at a specific school? It seems like there isn’t enough time and or $ to do it all. How do you decide?

Not saying I’m right. But how we did it was the following.
Club tourneys
AS with basically her entire team
UA150
Multiple School camps at my daughters top 4 teams

She switched clubs her recruit year to a better team. (Not the smartest move) so we had to get her seen more at the colleges which we were told by the college coaches were the best way to get seen. (Of course. $$$$)
It worked out. But everyone’s path is different.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did you narrow down the schools to look at? And how do you fit in all the camps? We are starting the process and it is so overwhelming….add in lax and it makes it even more so.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did you narrow down the schools to look at? And how do you fit in all the camps? We are starting the process and it is so overwhelming….add in lax and it makes it even more so.

Well it helped that my daughter loved lax so much she wanted to do everything. She made a list. Reached out to them during the club year. Before the fall the Club looked at her list. Told her what was a reach and what was a fit. They didn't discourage her from the reach schools. Just said it's harder to get into. The scheduling was a little hard because they tend to have camps around the same time. But she worked it out that she hit her top four list at least once. She was able to attend an prospect Camp / Clinic at one school three times.

Every club my daughter was on handled their recruiting different, but kinda the same. If that makes sense. They reached out to the coach everytime she went to a camp or showcase.They handled their styles of recruiting differently but in the end there was no different. I am sure my daughter would have ended up at the same college if she stayed with the lower ranked team. Impress in the clinic and they become interested.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did you narrow down the schools to look at? And how do you fit in all the camps? We are starting the process and it is so overwhelming….add in lax and it makes it even more so.

Well it helped that my daughter loved lax so much she wanted to do everything. She made a list. Reached out to them during the club year. Before the fall the Club looked at her list. Told her what was a reach and what was a fit. They didn't discourage her from the reach schools. Just said it's harder to get into. The scheduling was a little hard because they tend to have camps around the same time. But she worked it out that she hit her top four list at least once. She was able to attend an prospect Camp / Clinic at one school three times.

Every club my daughter was on handled their recruiting different, but kinda the same. If that makes sense. They reached out to the coach everytime she went to a camp or showcase.They handled their styles of recruiting differently but in the end there was no different. I am sure my daughter would have ended up at the same college if she stayed with the lower ranked team. Impress in the clinic and they become interested.

I agree. As long as lower ranked team is getting to right tourneys and your daughter is playing a significant role she can be seen.
Being on a better team and not playing or having a less than significant role will probably hurt her.
Don’t expect great things from the clubs regarding recruiting.. parents will do most of the work so educate yourself asap. Don’t rely on this site for too much because some people on here are trying to manipulate and or enhance themself. Talk to those you trust and get out on the circuit. I found most of the costly allstar under armor imitations to be huge money grabs and of no help.
Daddy or mommy ball is alway a huge negative because the coaches will reach out to club first before and after 9/1. Sometimes after 9/1 they will go direct but don’t count on it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on. It’s not the coach that gets the kids recruited. If you can play, you will get recruited. Yes the club coaches push their favorites to certain showcases but that’s it.

Can’t tell me if your kid can ball, coaches like Cathy Reese passes on her because she didn’t get the push from a certain parent coach. That’s nonsense.

Maryland is probably not a good example. They pass on a lot of good players, they are the best program in the country for a reason.... They bring in the best players and they do not take players because a club coach pushes the player.

I'd argue that UNC and BC have surpassed Maryland. UNC has destroyed Maryland the last few years on the recruiting trail. UNC is now the #1 choice for many top players and MD is falling behind. Top players are passing on MD. Maryland's top 2024 committ was very close to comitting to UNC. She went with Maryland only after UNC loaded up with every other top player available in 2024.

The top Commit probably chose MD because she knows Cathy Reese is the best women’s lacrosse coach ever and wants to be coached by her! MD is still the best lacrosse program ever. who wouldn’t choose Cathy Reese and MD if lacrosse was a main factor in her college choice? It’s also an amazing school! Win, win

Of the 4 most recently successful programs- Academically, UNC, BC, Northwestern completely blow away Maryland. All on par or surpassed Md in lacrosse right now, so from a balance of lax and academics among this group, Md would be last on list. Northwestern the only one on list in top 10 both academically and lacrosse power. Probably also a reason Md can hang on so strong with lax is that hey can bring in an entire class of players who are just average students, whereas Northwestern (and other high academic schools) may be able to sneak an average academic player or two each year through the back door, but certainly not the entire class.

Ha.. that's funny, trying to lump UNC and BC in with Northwestern in terms of academics. As far as admissions goes, Northwestern can bring in pretty much whoever they want, UNC has a very specific number of "slots", not sure exactly how much leeway BC has, not sure if they have a specific number of slots or if "athletic consideration/admission" is done case by case but I would imagine they have a lot of support in admissions. In any event, all the schools listed are excellent academic schools with great lacrosse programs. Maryland will not be going away anytime soon and they are by far the best women's lacrosse program of all time.


Not true regarding NW. One of the top 23 for YJ had NW as her dream school, the coaches wanted her but couldn't get her in.

Agree that there standards are lower than say Stanford or Duke, but to say they will admit anyone is false.

If the coaches at Northwestern wanted her they would have gotten her in. The above post said "Northwestern can bring in pretty much whoever they want", it did not say "they will admit anyone". Northwestern has more leeway with admissions than just about any Top 10-15 Academic School. That does not mean that they will wave the admissions wand for every player. Simply because a parent gives a reason/story/excuse for why a player didn't get into, receive an offer from or go to a particular school doesn't mean that it's true or that is the way things will be for everyone. I have read many times on here how a player needs "specific" academic credentials to get into an Ivy as if all Ivy's have the same admissions requirements or bring in the same level of athlete (they do not). It appears that many people make statements based on one individuals experience. Remember, every situation is different and what is required of one player (academically) may be very different than what is required for another player even at the same school.

Every school is different, every player is different, every recruiting class is different. One player might be able to get into Duke, Northwestern, Princeton, Stanford, Hopkins, Penn and Vanderbilt with a 93 GPA, 1200 SAT, 29 ACT etc... and another player may be told that they need to have 98GPA, 1350 SAT, 32 ACT (if test scores are needed...) Every single situation is different and so are the requirements for every student athlete, there is a top recruit and a bottom recruit in every class at every school.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most Long Island girls who have realistic lists do very well in recruiting. the ones that struggle tend to fall into one of four categories

1) Targeting schools too high for their lacrosse ability
2) Not having good enough grades / test scores for their target school
3) Not having the size or speed necessarily to play at their desired level
4) Taking a "wide" instead of "narrow" recruiting approach (eg going to a bunch of showcases with schools who they aren't targeting, but not going to single school prospect days of those who they are)

A good recruiting director should be able to help avoid all three issues.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. As long as lower ranked team is getting to right tourneys and your daughter is playing a significant role she can be seen.
Being on a better team and not playing or having a less than significant role will probably hurt her.


I agree with this. My younger daughter left a decent team this Fall to play in the top 10. She plays a lot, but on this team she seems to not be a big part of the offense like she was at the other team. I think it has hurt her so we are going to have to rely on camps more. The team that she was on did go to the best tournaments and play other teams 20-50. Big mistake on my daughter's part and mine for letting her go.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. As long as lower ranked team is getting to right tourneys and your daughter is playing a significant role she can be seen.
Being on a better team and not playing or having a less than significant role will probably hurt her.


I agree with this. My younger daughter left a decent team this Fall to play in the top 10. She plays a lot, but on this team she seems to not be a big part of the offense like she was at the other team. I think it has hurt her so we are going to have to rely on camps more. The team that she was on did go to the best tournaments and play other teams 20-50. Big mistake on my daughter's part and mine for letting her go.

If your daughter is not in the top 15 on the team she’s on by recruiting year ,she could be in trouble getting seen or getting noticed in games. It’s Probably better to be on a team that is more her abilities and where she will play a starting role and be a top ten on that team. She will get more looks and probably have better highlights for a highlight video. Camps and prospect days will play a big role as well. Especially not being on a “top team”.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. As long as lower ranked team is getting to right tourneys and your daughter is playing a significant role she can be seen.
Being on a better team and not playing or having a less than significant role will probably hurt her.


I agree with this. My younger daughter left a decent team this Fall to play in the top 10. She plays a lot, but on this team she seems to not be a big part of the offense like she was at the other team. I think it has hurt her so we are going to have to rely on camps more. The team that she was on did go to the best tournaments and play other teams 20-50. Big mistake on my daughter's part and mine for letting her go.

If your daughter is not in the top 15 on the team she’s on by recruiting year ,she could be in trouble getting seen or getting noticed in games. It’s Probably better to be on a team that is more her abilities and where she will play a starting role and be a top ten on that team. She will get more looks and probably have better highlights for a highlight video. Camps and prospect days will play a big role as well. Especially not being on a “top team”.

What if she's a top 7. =)

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s more important for the camps. The games give the coaches initial interest but I think they realize top teams have kids that play on the bottom half that would be stats on teams out of the top 20. When they show up to camps, their team name gives them recognition. If they perform well in the clinic or camp, coaches would take notice. That’s what happened with my daughter. Was on a top team with good amount of playing time. Was maybe fifth on the team in scoring. Certainly didn’t impress anyone at those games. Did well in the camps.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"She will get more looks and probably have better highlights for a highlight video."

I would think at that point video highlights don't mean much. Its passed the point of video and now the 25 teams you emailed are at your games if you are on a top team. Don't need to rely on video your summer before you commit.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is def a main player on team so not concerned about that. What I wonder is about going to a showcase with 20 colleges listed. She is supposed to email them now informing them she will be there? If that’s true, that’s what I am questioning. She has no idea at this point where she wants to go or even major in. So I guess we have to start looking at what schools will be there and start researching.

We also haven’t started going to individual schools yet because of the above. No idea where to start. She is a good player, not one of thr top 20 schools though which we are all fine with including her. But a mod to lower d-1 is fine according to her coach. Grades are high but not Harvard lol. She has a huge list to whittle down. That’s the part I am struggling with.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4