BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 244 of 264 1 2 242 243 244 245 246 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious. How many D1 commits do the top public schools have? Looking for team specific numbers, if possible.

Massapequa has 3 and Farmingdale has 4. Dalers going all the way this year.

Manhasset has 8 D1’s. Beat that!

Manhasset going undefeated this year. Only team on LI that can beat them is St. A’s.

Other teams that they historically play who might beat them this coming year: Chaminade, Garden City, Darien, Cold Spring Harbor.

Darien will drop significantly this year. Have a couple of studs this year, but no where near the depth of talent they had last year. Manhasset should beat them easily.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many new faces for ST Ants JVA team this past weekend the ATTACK looks strong ......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many new faces for ST Ants JVA team this past weekend the ATTACK looks strong ......

Thanks for the news flash, JV attack-daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing better than an excited StA attack daddy in November!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing better than an excited StA attack daddy in November!

Lol. Let attack daddy know, nobody cares about JV anything. Come back and see us in three years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hearing there is a student attackman joining this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes! A transfer... Parents claim he is one of the best on LI.Must be true...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes! A transfer... Parents claim he is one of the best on LI.Must be true...

what age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STRONG LOL, if they were STRONG they be on Varsity. DIV 1 coaches want to see fresh/soph playing varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STRONG LOL, if they were STRONG they be on Varsity. DIV 1 coaches want to see fresh/soph playing varsity.

I doesn't work that way with the Catholics. The force freshman on JV B, and sophomores on JV A. They have more kids playing, and the $$$ keeps on rolling in. By the time mom and dad realize their kid is never going to start on varsity, they've been at the school 2 years and stay.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interested in hearing from others who have experienced this…my 9th grade son is getting burnt out on lacrosse. He is a good to very good player and has success on the field, gets plenty of playing time and has lots of friends on club and HS team. Probably will start varsity as a 10th grader at a very good NY public HS. He says it is stressful especially now that he and his friends are talking about college. I’m telling him it’s too early to stress about college and just have fun. He said it just isn’t that fun for him right now. Part of me wants to tell him to do what he wants and if wants to quit that is fine with me. The other part of me wants to make him play in HS because I think he will regret it in the future if he quits. And also because I don’t think a 14 year old will always make the right decision about his future. He knows that lacrosse will give him more options when it comes to college and he will likely get into a better school than he would without it. I told him we can reevaluate after he finishes his freshman season. Also, he has no other hobbies or extra curricular interests and he recently quit other sports to focus on lacrosse. He is getting into girls and parties and I’m sure that is part of the picture. Would love any input and please try to resist the urge to post troll responses. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interested in hearing from others who have experienced this…my 9th grade son is getting burnt out on lacrosse. He is a good to very good player and has success on the field, gets plenty of playing time and has lots of friends on club and HS team. Probably will start varsity as a 10th grader at a very good NY public HS. He says it is stressful especially now that he and his friends are talking about college. I’m telling him it’s too early to stress about college and just have fun. He said it just isn’t that fun for him right now. Part of me wants to tell him to do what he wants and if wants to quit that is fine with me. The other part of me wants to make him play in HS because I think he will regret it in the future if he quits. And also because I don’t think a 14 year old will always make the right decision about his future. He knows that lacrosse will give him more options when it comes to college and he will likely get into a better school than he would without it. I told him we can reevaluate after he finishes his freshman season. Also, he has no other hobbies or extra curricular interests and he recently quit other sports to focus on lacrosse. He is getting into girls and parties and I’m sure that is part of the picture. Would love any input and please try to resist the urge to post troll responses. Thanks!

Tough one. I bet a lot of kids are in the same boat but don’t tell anyone. Good thing he is being honest with you about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been there. I feel your pain. Our situation was a little different, but one of my sons got worn down and learned to dislike playing for several reasons that broke my heart. One of them was suffering a severe injury at 14 caused by a hold back 50 lbs heavier (no people, we don’t need to debate holdbacks now!). We’re a hard core lacrosse family, but I eventually gave him the out and he picked other sports back up and started new interests and seems happier. I don’t think your son is there yet. If he’s successful on the field and has friends on the teams, my guess is he will come around. I recommend telling him he made a commitment to his club team this year and you guys can re evaluate next summer. I’m guessing he turns around before then. Sounds like he’s having an adjustment period - freshman year is tough. He will learn that he can have fun socially and still play lacrosse. You guys got this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been there. I feel your pain. Our situation was a little different, but one of my sons got worn down and learned to dislike playing for several reasons that broke my heart. One of them was suffering a severe injury at 14 caused by a hold back 50 lbs heavier (no people, we don’t need to debate holdbacks now!). We’re a hard core lacrosse family, but I eventually gave him the out and he picked other sports back up and started new interests and seems happier. I don’t think your son is there yet. If he’s successful on the field and has friends on the teams, my guess is he will come around. I recommend telling him he made a commitment to his club team this year and you guys can re evaluate next summer. I’m guessing he turns around before then. Sounds like he’s having an adjustment period - freshman year is tough. He will learn that he can have fun socially and still play lacrosse. You guys got this!

Thank you! Appreciate you sharing your son’s situation and your advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m Not the original poster but so refreshing to hear great advice without sarcasm on this site. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good post. I'll add that being a freshman on varsity is tough. Especially on a competitive team. Our experience was some of the older players who didn't make the cut when they were freshman can be resentful, especially the ones who still don't play. It will get better when he's a sophomore. Stay the course.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you! Appreciate you sharing your son’s situation and your advice.

We had a similar experience with our older son. It’s important to keep communication open. How he feels now may be different In a year or it may be the same. Don’t force it. Our son took a year off from playing He came back to the game and is now in college. He is playing D3 and loving school. That’s the key. He loves the school . The biggest take away he had was that Lacrosse was not everything and it did not define him. He put so much pressure on himself that it became a job instead of a game. It’s now just a game that he enjoys.
When or if your son steps away it’s important to ask questions about lacrosse, if they miss any any aspects of it. If there are things they can find in other activities that can replace what they miss. Most athletes are very competitive by nature. Something needs to fill that void. In the end, it’s all about making sure your son is happy. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So my son started as a soph , junior and obviously will start his senior year. He was committed to a top 15 D-1 school, right before signing day he de-committed and told my wife and I I'm done, I don't want to play in college. He just wants to finish out his senior year with his friends and hopefully win something with them. He told us he is burnt, tired of lax and doesn't want the full time commitment in college. he wants to focus on school, it killed me and my wife but its what he wants. All I can say is cherish the moments you have watching them play it goes fast, heartbroken as a parent is an understatement but its getting a little easier lol. Good luck to all the boys in school this year and the ones that are going on to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any advice for parents of a 7th grader to avoid my kid getting burnt out?

My kid is a football, hoops, and lax defender, but lax is his best sport. There's always pressure to do more lax to keep up with the other kids. I'm wondering if it would be a mistake for him to quit hoops to play more lax in the winter (which he was considering this year). Not sure if the multi-sport approach fights off the lax burn out, but I'm hoping so.

I appreciate all of you sharing your stories.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is a football, hoops, and lax defender, but lax is his best sport. There's always pressure to do more lax to keep up with the other kids. I'm wondering if it would be a mistake for him to quit hoops to play more lax in the winter (which he was considering this year). Not sure if the multi-sport approach fights off the lax burn out, but I'm hoping so.

Speak with him and be honest. Most of all he needs to be honest with himself. He needs to do what makes him happy. A Happy Child will be successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So my son started as a soph , junior and obviously will start his senior year. He was committed to a top 15 D-1 school, right before signing day he de-committed and told my wife and I I'm done, I don't want to play in college. He just wants to finish out his senior year with his friends and hopefully win something with them. He told us he is burnt, tired of lax and doesn't want the full time commitment in college. he wants to focus on school, it killed me and my wife but its what he wants. All I can say is cherish the moments you have watching them play it goes fast, heartbroken as a parent is an understatement but its getting a little easier lol. Good luck to all the boys in school this year and the ones that are going on to play in college.

Wow, lax dad, that’s a rough one. So sorry! How awesome of you and your wife to support your son’s decision, which I’m sure was tough to do. At least you experienced that awesome achievement! And I’m sure you will experience more smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personal opinion. Quitting basketball to play lacrosse in the winter would probably accelerate the burnout risk.
I am a huge advocate for playing multiple sports. For one reason, while it isn't "rest" you are using different muscles/movements in other sports so overuse in cut back a little bit. And there are skills that are picked up in other sports that can be applied back to lacrosse.

My advice is don't feel the pressure to keep up with anyone besides what your son is looking to do....especially during middle school years. It's OK to take a full offseason from a sport -- your son won't be as far behind everyone else as you'd think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think most of us have been in same situation. Ultimately, I let my son do whatever he wanted to do. And it’s worked out great, when I wasn’t sure that it would. Couple things you have to consider. How good is your son at lax and how far does he want to take lacrosse. If you think he’s average and will ultimately be an average player, then multi sports route is fine. But if he has serious potential to be elite, and he has the drive to get there, then missing lax will likely put him behind. At the end of the day, let him do what he wants to do. The only way he will be successful is for him to do it for himself. My son was always a top player in lax, football and basketball. When he hit HS, he dropped football and basketball and focused only on lax. I didn’t like this direction, but I felt strongly that he needs to do what he is happy doing. That means, let him make the decisions. Long story short, he got offers from almost every top D1 team out there and is going to a top D1 school for nothing. Again, my advise to you is, let your son make the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 teams in Nassau for 2023 season:
1- Chaminade
2- Manhasset
3- Garden City
4- Massapequa
5- Port Washington
6- Wantagh
7- Cold Spring Harbor
8- Plainedge
9- Lynbrook
10- Kellenberg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
forgot Southside.
They should be listed after Garden City. Stacked this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Chaminade
2- Manhasset
3- Garden City
4- Massapequa
5- Port Washington
6- Wantagh
7- Cold Spring Harbor
8- Plainedge
9- Lynbrook
10- Kellenberg

Not going to argue about the top 4. 5-10 can be very different. I believe Farmingdale belongs in there, Probably ahead of Port. South side should be somewhere between 7-9. I would even put Calhoun around 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(Links to specific events & organizations not permitted.)

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Contact Us to help you advertise
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Chaminade
2- Manhasset
3- Garden City
4- Massapequa
5- Port Washington
6- Wantagh
7- Cold Spring Harbor
8- Plainedge
9- Lynbrook
10- Kellenberg

Publics and privates should never be in the same rankings. Different rules, not apples to apples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree about Farmingdale. Need to be in top 10. Calhoun also strong but think they are outside above list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without Catholics.
1- Sett
2- GC
3- Pequa
4- Southside
5- Wantagh
6- Farmingdale
7- Port
8- CSH
9- Lynbrook
10- Plainedge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the # of college commits, what are the top 10 teams this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the # of college commits, what are the top 10 teams this year?

Just checked IL. Very few teams have 5 or more commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"High Profile" high school lacrosse players. LOL. Guess I will see them on ESPN tomorrow morning. Right up there next to Lebron James kids highlights. Hope your kid scores 10 against Copiague High School this year to keep his profile up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"High Profile" high school lacrosse players. LOL. Guess I will see them on ESPN tomorrow morning. Right up there next to Lebron James kids highlights. Hope your kid scores 10 against Copiague High School this year to keep his profile up.

Appreciate the standard BOTC “anonymous” sarcasm. High profile kids are players that are committed to high level D1 programs, who are well known at the high school level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Appreciate the standard BOTC “anonymous” sarcasm. High profile kids are players that are committed to high level D1 programs, who are well known at the high school level.

You mean in Long Island? Because that’s as big as their profile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jokes on you, Copiague probably won't field a team again this year. There are very few missed players now a days. Clubs will give scholarships for really good kids, so money isn't a problem. The top kids will have their choice of most all schools initially and then everything gets whittled down. Enjoy the ride. Mine ends at the end of this HS season. My son chose the better school over playing. I wasn't planning on it ending this soon, but he made the right choice for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean in Long Island? Because that’s as big as their profile.

No. I meant “on” Long Island. However, a lot of players on LI have profiles that are national in scope. There are several LI club teams that are among the very best in the nation, if not “the” best. Naturally these teams have LI players, committed to premier D1 programs, that have national recognition. This is news to you???

Like Reply Quote
Page 244 of 264 1 2 242 243 244 245 246 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard