BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 112 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Less believable, but not less relevant.

I actually appreciate the obvious advocating over the farce of objectivity when someone either has an axe to grind or has a daughter on a specific team.

These ranking, and much of the great feedback on them, helps me see what teams to be on the look out for that may not have been on my radar.

To that end, I thought the overall play this weekend (I watched 4 games) was barely average for all of the teams. It's too early...

Agreed. Been saying for 2 years that I think the depth of this class is nowhere near the 25s or 26s. There are a three great teams at the top with great starting lineup, but after that it drops really fast.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually appreciate the obvious advocating over the farce of objectivity when someone either has an axe to grind or has a daughter on a specific team.

These ranking, and much of the great feedback on them, helps me see what teams to be on the look out for that may not have been on my radar.

To that end, I thought the overall play this weekend (I watched 4 games) was barely average for all of the teams. It's too early...

Agreed. Been saying for 2 years that I think the depth of this class is nowhere near the 25s or 26s. There are a three great teams at the top with great starting lineup, but after that it drops really fast.

I have a 2027 and a 2028 and I can tell you what, go watch some of the top 2028 games, they are no where close to the play of the 2027s elite teams.

I've seen top 2028 teams who cannot catch and throw.

that being said, Its really hard to compare these teams across age groups because they all play in their own little universes.

Not sure which three great teams you are referring to at the 2027 age level unless you are specific only to the local scene, Hero's M&D and BLC, yet if you look at some scores over the last few weeks, you will se a few 1-2 goal games amongst them involving teams outside the big three.

A few players on one team can make a huge difference, especially at draw or middie or goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 2027 and a 2028 and I can tell you what, go watch some of the top 2028 games, they are no where close to the play of the 2027s elite teams.

I've seen top 2028 teams who cannot catch and throw.

that being said, Its really hard to compare these teams across age groups because they all play in their own little universes.

Not sure which three great teams you are referring to at the 2027 age level unless you are specific only to the local scene, Hero's M&D and BLC, yet if you look at some scores over the last few weeks, you will se a few 1-2 goal games amongst them involving teams outside the big three.

A few players on one team can make a huge difference, especially at draw or middie or goalie.

I would say they are the difference on all teams. There are a few studs on the best teams that push them over the top. All the others are average players that got lucky to be on a team with those studs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Valid points. That's what I meant by "it's too early." I looked the recent play like i look at preseason in basketball. The starters start and play, but yuck. By summer, everyone's play will be elevated and we'll find something else to scrutinize (like out of shape and oddly inconsistent refs).

Depending on scheme, one player can make a a world of difference mid and up (as you indicated) . D needs at least 3.5 beasts to be competitive. At least 4.5 to be consistently very good. 6 to be elite.

I need to see more BLC games this year for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to yj this weekend?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably need to ask on the other NJ/NY forum for that answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably need to ask on the other NJ/NY forum for that answer.
We beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU beat YJ Stadler 5-4. Coaching change from Grazidei to Stadler??

Integrity lost to YJ Gaghan 4-3.

Early season rankings only show the Gaghan team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU beat YJ Stadler 5-4. Coaching change from Grazidei to Stadler??

Integrity lost to YJ Gaghan 4-3.

Early season rankings only show the Gaghan team.

Both great games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching change happened last year. Both coaches still with team. They had a off day. Tons of mistakes. MD United played well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play everyone in the fall and only top 14 players in summer. Their bench is weak to put it kindly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play everyone in the fall and only top 14 players in summer. Their bench is weak to put it kindly

They have 3 teams of over 20, how many do they get at tryouts and they only can get 15 solid players? Not buying that.

They got out out coaches and outplayed this weekend from two of the top five MD teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta agree 100%. The 27 YJA has to be one of their weakest teams in years. Can’t say that about any of the older teams which were solid across the board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 27 yja team won Mid Atlantic Championship two years in an row. (Top tournament for this age the last 2 years to be fair) The weak talk is silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha.....sounds like someones kid didn't make the team....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 27 yja team won Mid Atlantic Championship two years in an row. (Top tournament for this age the last 2 years to be fair) The weak talk is silly.

I can tell you they always play well in big tournaments. Not somebody you want to see in the finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings updated

Hero’s #1
Jesters #3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings updated

Hero’s #1
Jesters #3

Seems a bit off.

Bethesda 8th with a win over Eaglestix and a 10-1 record.

Jesters 3rd at 5-0-1 with 1 quality win

YJ at 5th with no quality wins.

M&D 4th at 14-1 with 2 wins over Eaglestix and Aces.

I guess it all evens out in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings updated

Hero’s #1
Jesters #3

So? It’s fall. Simmer down, Bri.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty clear M&D and BLC, with not a lot of games as it’s fall, playing some weak teams (outside top 30) hurt their overall score.

Meanwhile are teams like NEMS, Coppermine, Integrity out of the top -30 for good? Not a good look for the state of MD if that is the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty clear M&D and BLC, with not a lot of games as it’s fall, playing some weak teams (outside top 30) hurt their overall score.

Meanwhile are teams like NEMS, Coppermine, Integrity out of the top -30 for good? Not a good look for the state of MD if that is the case.

M&D has 15 games. More than anyone above them. Beat Eaglestix and Aces twice.

BLC has 11 games and quality wins.

So your light schedule and weak teams seems like a grasp due to lack of research.

As for your other points, NEMS and Coppermine are in big big trouble. Integrity has some decent talent. I could see them hanging near 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intregrity can probably be a fringe top 30 team. NEMS will be lucky to be top 100. Coppermine will probably end up around 50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta agree 100%. The 27 YJA has to be one of their weakest teams in years. Can’t say that about any of the older teams which were solid across the board.

Agreed. To be fair, the rest of Long Island teams are much better than any previous year. In the past, most of the FLG girls would be on yellow jackets. Jesters is also much better than in typical years.

Even though YJ is down for 2027, Long Island as a whole is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D has 15 games. More than anyone above them. Beat Eaglestix and Aces twice.

BLC has 11 games and quality wins.

So your light schedule and weak teams seems like a grasp due to lack of research.

As for your other points, NEMS and Coppermine are in big big trouble. Integrity has some decent talent. I could see them hanging near 30.

Again 15 games is not a lot when you click on the math tab, you can see how an outlier game swings the avg. come summer, with 35-40 games those outliers don’t swing the avg as much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intregrity can probably be a fringe top 30 team. NEMS will be lucky to be top 100. Coppermine will probably end up around 50.

Based on improved play and more importantly roster, looks like Skywalkers Blue is number 4 in MD but still way behind M&D, MDU and HG

My guess is they will add another 3-4 next summer and settle down for HS. Won’t be surprised if some additional M&D and Heroes girls flip over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on improved play and more importantly roster, looks like Skywalkers Blue is number 4 in MD but still way behind M&D, MDU and HG

My guess is they will add another 3-4 next summer and settle down for HS. Won’t be surprised if some additional M&D and Heroes girls flip over

Lol. There is a stratospheric difference between Skywalkers and the top 3.

Nobody is leaving the top anything to go to 27 Skywalkers unless they don't have a choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD United is #4. They play the toughest schedule in the country.

SW plays B and C division teams. I'd put Renegades over SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. There is a stratospheric difference between Skywalkers and the top 3.

Nobody is leaving the top anything to go to 27 Skywalkers unless they don't have a choice.

Yet they already did.

HG and M&D will continue to add talent, esp in HS where the out of state kids will tryout. There will certainly be kids on those current rosters looking for more minutes at a club like SW who can provide it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NEMS program from the 2027 team and lower should be considered B level teams. You know the club is in trouble when HARCOs best young players are willing to drive 45-60 minutes to play for another club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NEMS program from the 2027 team and lower should be considered B level teams. You know the club is in trouble when HARCOs best young players are willing to drive 45-60 minutes to play for another club.

They actually had a good thing going on the 27 team. Sorry to see they couldn't keep it together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They actually had a good thing going on the 27 team. Sorry to see they couldn't keep it together

There is a TON of talent in Harford / northern Balt Co.

NEMS leadership is pretty incompetent and there is no reason why so many girls significant distance every week.

They should have joined up w Coppermine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me, I was a huge critic of SWB over the years but saw them play twice this fall. They have improved a ton and turning into a complete team, no superstars though

Don’t be surprised if/when 2-4 studs show up for tryouts, they have a pipeline into unc, duke, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets are not a weak team. Here are the teams they've lost to since Fall 2020 when rankings started for 2027:

M&D
Aces
Coppermine (2021)
MD United (2021, 2022)
Hero's Green
FLG
STEPS CAL

Thats not a bad list. They are a strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me, I was a huge critic of SWB over the years but saw them play twice this fall. They have improved a ton and turning into a complete team, no superstars though

Don’t be surprised if/when 2-4 studs show up for tryouts, they have a pipeline into unc, duke, etc.

Pipeline ? That’s funny. Not one 24 went to either of those schools. A couple 23 went to Duke late in recruting. Not at top of their list. Recruting is changing and good players from many areas. Colleges don’t just have a director suggest a kid to take anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pipeline ? That’s funny. Not one 24 went to either of those schools. A couple 23 went to Duke late in recruting. Not at top of their list. Recruting is changing and good players from many areas. Colleges don’t just have a director suggest a kid to take anymore.[/quote]

I'm not a defender of Skywalkers either and I agree about recruiting being more then just reaching out to an established recruiting diector but their 24 team did just fine. No one went to duke or UNC but they committed girls to Northwestern, Syracuse and MD. Three top 5teams. Plus stanfrd, princeton, VA tech - etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pipeline ? That’s funny. Not one 24 went to either of those schools. A couple 23 went to Duke late in recruting. Not at top of their list. Recruting is changing and good players from many areas. Colleges don’t just have a director suggest a kid to take anymore.

I'm not a defender of Skywalkers either and I agree about recruiting being more then just reaching out to an established recruiting diector but their 24 team did just fine. No one went to duke or UNC but they committed girls to Northwestern, Syracuse and MD. Three top 5teams. Plus stanfrd, princeton, VA tech - etc..[/quote]

Skywalkers has a great track record of recruiting. The last couple of graduating years have been some of the best in the nation. So yes, they have the results.

As for the 27 team, they are putting some good pieces together. No top level players. But quite a few solid players. I would expect them to be fine. Will this team compete with Hero’s or M&D...no. but how many teams in the country can?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think someone can question SW track record, its right there with M&D and Hero's.
I think there is some questions about how Coppermine can or will fit in if they can bring the success of the lower ages to HS.

SW seems to ignore the lower years and adds talent for HS. I have no doubt that the 2027 grad year is going to be top-5 in state.

Coppermine's 2028 team is #1 but can they maintain that through HS? No idea.

Capital 2027 is going to be a top-5 team next year, I wonder how Pride will be when they lose some top talent to that program.

Where does MD compare to the Long island teams? (Aces and Eaglestix are dominant in their regions with no real competition)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW is starting to lean in on younger teams, think they realize Coppermine is a legit long term threat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think someone can question SW track record, its right there with M&D and Hero's.
I think there is some questions about how Coppermine can or will fit in if they can bring the success of the lower ages to HS.

SW seems to ignore the lower years and adds talent for HS. I have no doubt that the 2027 grad year is going to be top-5 in state.

Coppermine's 2028 team is #1 but can they maintain that through HS? No idea.

Capital 2027 is going to be a top-5 team next year, I wonder how Pride will be when they lose some top talent to that program.

Where does MD compare to the Long island teams? (Aces and Eaglestix are dominant in their regions with no real competition)

SW seems to at least eclipse Hero’s in HS. M&D and SW players seem to be much more successful in college than Hero’s players are. Looking at past years HG is usually higher than SWB in MS, but that advantage ends in HS.

When JY Stadler is playing to win they can hang with any of the MD teams. They have some puzzling losses, but also have some impressive wins.

I assume the Jesters win over HG this fall was an anomaly. Will be interesting to see how the Jesters does this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters benefited that weekend from Refs who struggled to pay attention to the girls who were in violation of the three second rule. When you run a zone backer defense, if refs aren’t on top of it, you can get away with it.

Make no mistake, they are a strong team, I’d easily put them top -10, but they won’t be able to do what they did at St Paul’s in most games.

Page 71 of 112 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard