BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 58 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No kidding. I think everyone was in varying degrees of being frigid. That plus it taking 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot made for a fun afternoon. One poor lady turned around 3 times trying to figure out how to get out of there with blocked roads etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prez Cup in Florida.. I hear the Tampa area. Anyone who can confirm or provide more info on this? Tampa is huge and they must be playing inland which makes it tougher at least to make early hotel reservations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Prez Cup in Florida.. I hear the Tampa area. Anyone who can confirm or provide more info on this? Tampa is huge and they must be playing inland which makes it tougher
at least to make early hotel reservations.

Tampa is close to lots. The tournament travel agent doesn’t have rooms set up yet and you need to stay to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital crushed Hero’s, Philly and NXT. Not even competitive games. Hero’s has not looked good this Fall.

What's happened to Hero's? Injuries or have the top teams just gotten better? Capital beat them 3 times this fall with the last being a 15-3 blowout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about injuries, but Capital looked very impressive at Presidents Cup. Skywalkers are also 0-3 vs. Cap 25 Blue, including a 10-3 final score in Philly two weekends ago. Capital has certainly improved

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about injuries, but Capital Blue looked very impressive at Presidents Cup. Skywalkers are also 0-3 vs. Cap Blue this Fall, including a 10-3 final score in Philly two weekends ago. Id say that Capital has improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Heros has issues with 2 girls going to goal every time. Heard it’s not going over well with teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to be encouraged by the coaches. Thought it was showcase time….when they play as a team they actually play better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to take a stab at ranking the 2025s after Prez. Cup, before the USCL.com releases the final rankings of the Fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait a second... Heros went 3-1 at Presidents Cup. They beat NXT, and AIM handily, and Oregon by 2 goals. But got rolled by Capital. Not sure that I am buying your comment about Heros not playing well. Capital simply played better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Was reading on a recruiting page that Coach’s want good team players. Would they take a great player who is selfish or a good player who is about team play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Was reading on a recruiting page that Coach’s want good team players. Would they take a great player who is selfish or a good player who is about team play?

They will take selfish because they know they can make them a team player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speed, Athlete, size, IQ, competes, great teammate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want recruited by your favorite schools, you need to attend their prospect/clinics this winter and continue attending when they offer them. Coaches want girls who show complete interest in their schools/programs. Going to UA and American Select are great but nothing replaces visiting same school multiple times. Good luck to all the 25’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best way to get recruited is to visit schools and revisit the ones you are interested in over and over. UA and AS are great fun events but if you want to make an impression on a coach you need to get to their camps on campus. So many great kids get missed because they don’t visit campuses. I would take an academic tour first (they are free) and see if your daughter likes the campus and the classes they offer, then find out when their prospect/clinics are and go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What credibility does lacrosse magazine have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What credibility does lacrosse magazine have?

Same as us club lax ! None !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely None……..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 number one recruit wasn’t even on there last year…….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall tourney season and it is really quiet in here can we get some chatter going ill start wit ha question...

Why in the world would the planners for the Primetime and Chesapeake schedule the same day making clubs choose one or the other to attend?

IMO doing this not only limits their income possibility it also waters down the competition at both events. You have no 25 M&D, Heros, SW, or Capital teams at the Primetime no YJ teams at the Chesapeake.

It really [Censored] that the girls lose out on an opportunity to play in both tourneys.

Both tournaments filled up. Tourney organizers didn't lose a dime. Plenty of top tourneys to get exposure at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday at MoneyGram park was brutal. Cold, cloudy, windy, and the nearby landfills were giving off a curious smell. Pres. Cup is returning to Florida next year. Thank Goodness.

Be careful what you ask for. Decent change it could be 30 degrees at game time all three days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like anything else, varies by coach. Some want the best talent and think they can mold them. Some only want good team players who are athletic and believe they can build lax skills.

Reality is that there are no perfect recruits. Every coach is different in terms of what they prioritize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on the team and the situation.

Most hs coaches aren’t in a spot to be able to directly turn anyone away if they apply and are admitted.

But they are in then business of making hs more attractive to some. And are the gatekeepers to their team once kids are there. My guess is most coaches will give a talented kid a chance, until they decide they can’t work with them, or the kid doesn’t buy-in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the girls that made the Lacrosse Magazine top 30 list. I couldn’t help but notice a lot of top players missing and I think only 1 player from hero’s. None the less, congrats to those on it. Do coaches or IL use it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the girls that made the Lacrosse Magazine top 30 list. I couldn’t help but notice a lot of top players missing and I think only 1 player from hero’s. None the less, congrats to those on it. Do coaches or IL use it?
I thought the list was pretty spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of top players missing because their parents didn’t feel the need to fill out an application to get their daughters on a list that means absolutely nothing. No college coach looks at it for recruiting purposes and the IL isn’t using it either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of top players missing because their parents didn’t feel the need to fill out an application to get their daughters on a list that means absolutely nothing. No college coach looks at it for recruiting purposes and the IL isn’t using it either.

As the parent of a player on the list, we didn't fill out any sort of application to be on it so not sure where that comes from. That being said, agreed college coaches won't be using it for recruiting purposes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of a player on the list, we didn't fill out any sort of application to be on it so not sure where that comes from. That being said, agreed college coaches won't be using it for recruiting purposes.

A lot of teams had games the day they did their Lacrosse Magazine combine / tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That should be a clear indication that there's outside influence. We call those awards/lists "resume padding" in the real world. Mine is a goalie, and she loves making note of who she sees at camps/clinics, and then going to look at their profiles. Honestly, only a handful live up to the hype when you see them in person. The rest just fall into one of two groups- competitive or non-competitive. Trust the process.... Are those kids making lists or winning MVP really the best OR are they just the best that the list makers looked at or team selectors saw that day?

Resumes are good to brag about, but no kid is going to get a college jersey because they made a list or team. Skills get recognized, resumes get ignored.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome achievement for girls highlighted.

These lists lose all creditability if players aren't recruited to schools commensurate with their position on the list. Thus making the list and the publication less of an authority in the space.

Is it perfect, no. But I am sure most of those girls will find themselves on DI teams in a couple of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the IL Watch List you are thinking of. The Top 30 list is separate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close! Agree that most are splitting hairs in the top 10 but too many outstanding players and athletes not on this list. They put zero.work into the 24 list and I am 100% certain they all nominated themselves. iL rankings are very good either. I do think they will get out and see more instead of taking their friends word for it though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close! Agree that most are splitting hairs in the top 10 but too many outstanding players and athletes not on this list. They put zero.work into the 24 list and I am 100% certain they all nominated themselves. iL rankings are very good either. I do think they will get out and see more instead of taking their friends word for it though.
You're right, many left off who would make a top 50 list, not necessarily a top 30. You also do not nominate yourself for Top 30. You nominate yourself for the Watch list. Big difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, many left off who would make a top 50 list, not necessarily a top 30. You also do not nominate yourself for Top 30. You nominate yourself for the Watch list. Big difference.

LMAO that anyone on this forum thinks a list is spot on on who would make a top 50 list. You guys don't scout girls playing across the United States. I guess it's easy when you don't have to put a name to the post so we can see if your daughter made the list or not. But yeah, I'm sure you guys know the top 10 players in CA or Tx or Co or even FL. "Spot on" Once again, LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter's teammate is on the list and she is certainly a top player. Top 30, IDK maybe 50-75. I don't know how IL makes that assessment either when our team plays the bottom bracket at every tournament they went to in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter's teammate is on the list and she is certainly a top player. Top 30, IDK maybe 50-75. I don't know how IL makes that assessment either when our team plays the bottom bracket at every tournament they went to in the fall.

She's a top player, but her team plays in the bottom bracket at every tournament? detest to tell you this, but country folk call that the "Cream of the [Censored]."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO that anyone on this forum thinks a list is spot on on who would make a top 50 list. You guys don't scout girls playing across the United States. I guess it's easy when you don't have to put a name to the post so we can see if your daughter made the list or not. But yeah, I'm sure you guys know the top 10 players in CA or Tx or Co or even FL. "Spot on" Once again, LMAO

That ^^^^^^^^^^^ right there. There are so many top notch players that don't get recognized because they aren't from hotbed areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That ^^^^^^^^^^^ right there. There are so many top notch players that don't get recognized because they aren't from hotbed areas.

It doesn’t even have to be hotbed areas. These parents think they actually know all the top players in the hotbeds. They don’t. There are top players on teams 10-20 just as there are 1-10. Another thing. There’s 8 Spallina girls on that list. If two of those girls were on All American Aim they wouldn’t be on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on. Lists are 75% on reputation and political. Capital is ranked 2 but only has 1 player. Mass Elite 4th and don’t have any. M&D has 5. Spallina has 8. I am sure the girls on the list are studs but it is by far not a list that is definitive. And we’ve all been around long enough to know how this thing works. Clubs give their list to these places and they go from there. Same as other application based processes. Btw. My daughter was in the top 10. She is one of the top players on her team, but there could’ve been five more instead of the two there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can find the application in the link on the Instagram post. You nominate yourself for rankings/watchlist. There are absolutely a lot more girls across the board that would be ranked in the top 10 if it was a true ranking system. Some of these girls are only on this list because they filled out the application or mommy or daddy filled it out for them and just didn’t tell their daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 58 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard