BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 242 of 313 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No taking anything away from Loyola but Taft didn’t look that great. They also got blown out by Bullis the following day. Any chance they didn’t have their full team?

Didn’t Taft blowout Mcdonogh the game before it was Mcdonogh missing kids as well?

How does Spalding look post MDLax?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola will be back in the Spring. They’re one of the deepest programs in the A Conference. Look for them to compete for championships at all three levels. They went 3-0 at the NHSLS and beat a great Taft squad. Balanced scoring and great team D.

Loyola is deep.
But their bench is shallow.

Nope, Loyola probably has the best 10 starters this year in MIAA and a dozen bench players that could start on many MIAA teams. They will be the team to beat this year based on NHSLS and talent.

Well this is bold.

Ridiculous. But bold.

This is not anyone associated with Loyola. Whoever it is sure is obsessed with them.
100% a Loyola dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola will be back in the Spring. They’re one of the deepest programs in the A Conference. Look for them to compete for championships at all three levels. They went 3-0 at the NHSLS and beat a great Taft squad. Balanced scoring and great team D.

Loyola is deep.
But their bench is shallow.

Nope, Loyola probably has the best 10 starters this year in MIAA and a dozen bench players that could start on many MIAA teams. They will be the team to beat this year based on NHSLS and talent.

Well this is bold.

Ridiculous. But bold.

This is not anyone associated with Loyola. Whoever it is sure is obsessed with them.
100% a Loyola dad.

Nah more like ex-Loyola dad 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul seemed to struggle. Missing players, poor play if anyone saw them play?

My son is a freshman. Class is real weak.

There are 4-5 strong players in the StP 2026 class, and another 4-5 who can be with work.

The JV had two practices, and anyone who plays a Winter sport missed them, so the team played with very little time together.

Some teams did well, and you could tell the ones who had been practicing and the ones who hadn't. Not an indicator of any school's future, and it was Fall NHSLS, so your mileage may vary.

St. Paul should really drop down to B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul seemed to struggle. Missing players, poor play if anyone saw them play?

There are 4-5 strong players in the StP 2026 class, and another 4-5 who can be with work.

The JV had two practices, and anyone who plays a Winter sport missed them, so the team played with very little time together.

Some teams did well, and you could tell the ones who had been practicing and the ones who hadn't. Not an indicator of any school's future, and it was Fall NHSLS, so your mileage may vary.

Seriously what happened to them last weekend? I think that showing and St. John loss to Gilman were the biggest surprises.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously what happened to them last weekend? I think that showing and St. John loss to Gilman were the biggest surprises.

St John Like CHC and Spalding were short handed do to conference football championships so I’m told.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enter Gilman faceoff dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St John Like CHC and Spalding were short handed do to conference football championships so I’m told.

Spalding is just not that good. 2022 class is gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

I watched the St Johns vs Gilman game and even though St Johns didn't have their starting faceoff player, the Gilman faceoff kid played really well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

I watched the St Johns vs Gilman game and even though St Johns didn't have their starting faceoff player, the Gilman faceoff kid played really well.

Gilman would not even win the B conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell us you are clueless without telling us.

You are talking about the program that beat McD last season, right? And just missed the playoffs in the most competitive HS lacrosse conference in the country?

And you are basing your comment on Fall NHSLS?

Let's wait to see how things go in the Spring.

In the meantime, we're not laughing with you. We are laughing at you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to people in the know, Predators are the talk of Baltimore and will be the fire that puts St Paul back in the hunt for that MIAA Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell us you are clueless without telling us.

You are talking about the program that beat McD last season, right? And just missed the playoffs in the most competitive HS lacrosse conference in the country?

And you are basing your comment on Fall NHSLS?

Let's wait to see how things go in the Spring.

In the meantime, we're not laughing with you. We are laughing at you.

What are they bringing back on close D and LSM? Just curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

He did do a good job there Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

I’m not sure why you’re so worried about who I am. I’m not a parent or a dad of a player on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

I’m not sure why you’re so worried about who I am. I’m not a parent or a dad of a player on the team.
Sure Chris

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 MIAA A Lax Conference Tiers (in order)

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughing stock

Look who is here again, Give it a rest FO Dad, hole is getting deeper and deeper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman
2023 MIAA A Lax Conference Tiers (in

order)

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

Some is clueless St Mary’s is top tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they are. I noticed the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they are. I noticed the same thing.
StP is definitely not second tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

order)

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

Switch LB and Gilman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA teams took a beaten today at NHLS
MIAA teams took a beaten today at NHLS

You are so wrong. Fall does not mean anything. The schools teams consist of kids who have signed up to play and sometimes coaches that don’t know the kids. Many of the coaches get a kick back for having their kids signing up means nothing. Some of the schools who went undefeated will look different come spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

order)

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

Switch LB and Gilman
And how do you come up with this if teams will be so different in the fall? So many experts on this forum....more like toolbox Dads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

order)

Top tier
McD
BL
CH

Second tier
StM
SP
Severn

Third tier
LB

No chance
MSJ
JC
AS
Gilman

Switch LB and Gilman
And how do you come up with this if teams will be so different in the fall? So many experts on this forum....more like toolbox Dads

What does YOUR "Top Tier" have in common? BL & McD have dorms & CHC has the basement dwellers. They have pushed the envelope to the furthest extent. Local parents may want to think twice before sending your boys to these schools. Your son will work hard to make Varsity never knowing who the unknown "Airdrop" will be that season. An "Airdrop" has probably been promised the world to get them to live in a dorm/basement away from their family. So guess what-the out of towner is going to get your son's playing time even though you are probably better. Just sayin what has already been happening and will get even worse, especially @ BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does YOUR "Top Tier" have in common? BL & McD have dorms & CHC has the basement dwellers. They have pushed the envelope to the furthest extent. Local parents may want to think twice before sending your boys to these schools. Your son will work hard to make Varsity never knowing who the unknown "Airdrop" will be that season. An "Airdrop" has probably been promised the world to get them to live in a dorm/basement away from their family. So guess what-the out of towner is going to get your son's playing time even though you are probably better. Just sayin what has already been happening and will get even worse, especially @ BL.
Accurate statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate statement.

good introductory prep for college lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Paul’s righted the ship with the STRONG Preds pipeline.

With Looneys officially defunct, Loyola is gonna turn things around hitching it’s wagon to True Baltimore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Paul’s righted the ship with the STRONG Preds pipeline.

With Looneys officially defunct, Loyola is gonna turn things around hitching it’s wagon to True Baltimore!
Didn't they hitch themselves to FCA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Loyola hired some True guy as a coach- Championship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate statement.

You made the right choice for your son StPauls dad. Or maybe Loyola Dad.

Thanks a lot for the comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since 2017 lacrosse has been tasked to be an enrollment and tuition driver at Blakefield.
Partnering with True is a prefect fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for freshman team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate statement.

Really does not matter who wrote this. The statement is unfortunately true. This is the state of the MIAA-dorms, basement dwellers, single & double holdbacks etc... Can't wait to see what the next angle will be by the schools mentioned above..... Can those schools really think the landscape is anywhere near fair. Hard to really feel like you have accomplished something when things are so lopsided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate statement.

Really does not matter who wrote this. The statement is unfortunately true. This is the state of the MIAA-dorms, basement dwellers, single & double holdbacks etc... Can't wait to see what the next angle will be by the schools mentioned above..... Can those schools really think the landscape is anywhere near fair. Hard to really feel like you have accomplished something when things are so lopsided.

You are in high school and complaining about holdbacks.

Seriously?

You should’ve played a more fair sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“More fair”? Public School educated, I see…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since 2017 lacrosse has been tasked to be an enrollment and tuition driver at Blakefield.

I disagree, and here's why:

Loyola Blakefield's Director of Admissions had the catbird seat for lacrosse player admissions as the Director of Looney's. In late 2020 he took over a club that had a few challenges but nonetheless was still a viable business. He could have put in some effort and the school would have reaped the benefits of having a closely-aligned club that played at a high level.

Instead, after making all sorts of promises to the Looney's families, he went radio silent and did who knows what with his time and the club's money. No tryouts, no effort, no new uniforms, and no communication with the families. Many players left, the teams disintegrated, and the once-dominant club became yet another on the list of Baltimore youth lacrosse clubs tanked by incompetent management.

Two seasons later, the stench of the dumpster fire that was Looney's still hangs in the air on Chestnut Avenue. You think he is suddenly going to have some sort of epiphany and put some effort into a relationship with True so he can recruit lacrosse players to the school? Don't count on it.

The guy doesn't even return people's phone calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola Blakefield's Director of Admissions had the catbird seat for lacrosse player admissions as the Director of Looney's. In late 2020 he took over a club that had a few challenges but nonetheless was still a viable business. He could have put in some effort and the school would have reaped the benefits of having a closely-aligned club that played at a high level.

Instead, after making all sorts of promises to the Looney's families, he went radio silent and did who knows what with his time and the club's money. No tryouts, no effort, no new uniforms, and no communication with the families. Many players left, the teams disintegrated, and the once-dominant club became yet another on the list of Baltimore youth lacrosse clubs tanked by incompetent management.

Two seasons later, the stench of the dumpster fire that was Looney's still hangs in the air on Chestnut Avenue. You think he is suddenly going to have some sort of epiphany and put some effort into a relationship with True so he can recruit lacrosse players to the school? Don't count on it.

Give up Dad and focus on your sons development aka Hit The Wall or his HS career will be similar to his looneys experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give up Dad and focus on your sons development aka Hit The Wall or his HS career will be similar to his looneys experience.

This is such a helpful comment for all of us. Your contribution to the discourse is immeasurable.

If you ever need help installing a lift kit on the Silverado or taking the wheels off your house, just give a call.

Like Reply Quote
Page 242 of 313 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard