BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
Can we talk about how ridiculous it is for us to all travel to New Jersey in November for a tournament? Second year in a row that the fields at New Egypt HS were practically unplayable - surprised there weren't more injuries. Not to mention having to stand in 40 degree rain.

Fomo. Next question.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk about how ridiculous it is for us to all travel to New Jersey in November for a tournament? Second year in a row that the fields at New Egypt HS were practically unplayable - surprised there weren't more injuries. Not to mention having to stand in 40 degree rain.

Got you beat. Thats better than having to travel to maryland for a tournament with no college coaches on the sideline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Got you beat. Thats better than having to travel to maryland for a tournament with no college coaches on the sideline

Its not the location at all. College coaches have told coaches that its too expensive to come to fall lax when players arent playing well and weather is such an issue. They will wait for winter camps and then hit summer hard when everyone has been playing since their high school season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not the location at all. College coaches have told coaches that its too expensive to come to fall lax when players arent playing well and weather is such an issue. They will wait for winter camps and then hit summer hard when everyone has been playing since their high school season.

College coaches were watching the 2025s. That's why you didn't see them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a bunch of College Coaches watching our 24s in Maryland for 2 of the 3 games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a bunch of College Coaches watching our 24s in Maryland for 2 of the 3 games.

Thats great to hear. Gives me some hope

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

In fairness, I heard they had the same problem in Maryland.

There are plenty of places farther South that have beautiful turf complexes. Someone is going to get hurt playing in the slop in New Jersey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of places farther South that have beautiful turf complexes. Someone is going to get hurt playing in the slop in New Jersey.

Is The Presidents Cup worth going to if you are a 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It can definitely be worthwhile. Have your daughter email schools she's interested in and ask if they're done with 24s. They'll let her know. My experience with my 2023 was that most D1 schools she was interested in were done or maybe one or two spots but they were already down the road with a few candidates so not really looking for someone new. She did go and had texts/emails from some D1 programs but they were lower academic/less desirable to her. She did get a lot of looks from top D3 programs and committed to a great one (had to wait until July because nescac needs full year of grades) that saw her play in Dallas. You could also have your club director or hs coach contact coaches if they're not responding to your daughter. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the NXT events at the Proving grounds!!! That place is nice! Well run events and good competition although Steps, CT Grizzlies and YJ will never allow their teams to go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It can definitely be worthwhile. Have your daughter email schools she's interested in and ask if they're done with 24s. They'll let her know. My experience with my 2023 was that most D1 schools she was interested in were done or maybe one or two spots but they were already down the road with a few candidates so not really looking for someone new. She did go and had texts/emails from some D1 programs but they were lower academic/less desirable to her. She did get a lot of looks from top D3 programs and committed to a great one (had to wait until July because nescac needs full year of grades) that saw her play in Dallas. You could also have your club director or hs coach contact coaches if they're not responding to your daughter. Good luck!

If you aren't looking for money and are good enough, there is always room. Just continue to reach out.

My 2023 daughter's team had a very talented player who missed her junior fall season and sophomore summer due to very serious knee and leg injuries. After last summer, she had offered from 7 top 40 schools. Only one offered $$ as a freshman, but opportunity to earn it if she got into the rotation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a committed 24, you better go or else you may see your offer revoked. Coaches want girls to continue playing hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you aren't looking for money and are good enough, there is always room. Just continue to reach out.

My 2023 daughter's team had a very talented player who missed her junior fall season and sophomore summer due to very serious knee and leg injuries. After last summer, she had offered from 7 top 40 schools. Only one offered $$ as a freshman, but opportunity to earn it if she got into the rotation.

The key is as, you said "good enough". Coaches will find room for players that they believe can help their team compete. There is no shortage of players who are willing to pay full cost to attend but it doesn't work that way. If the coach like the player and wants the player the coach will offer a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a committed 24, you better go or else you may see your offer revoked. Coaches want girls to continue playing hard.

Dont think so

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think so

I doubt you’ll get it pulled for missing one event, but my 2024’s future HC was on the sideline during her first game today at Presidents Cup.

Exactly the same as our event last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think so

I doubt you’ll get it pulled for missing one event, but my 2024’s future HC was on the sideline during her first game today at Presidents Cup.

[quote=cltlax]Can we talk about how ridiculous it is for us to all travel to New Jersey in November for a tournament? Second year in a row that the fields at New Egypt HS were practically unplayable - surprised there weren't more injuries. Not to mention having to stand in 40 degree rain.

Dont think so

Exactly the same as our event last weekend.[/quo

They weren't there to watch. They still have spots they need to fill. 95% of the top 20 D1 schools are done with the 2024's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think so

Don’t think they pull it. But they definitely want you there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think so

They don’t care if you are there. Some committed teams didn’t play the money to go to an event just to play some games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think so

They do not care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=cltlax]Can we talk about how ridiculous it is for us to all travel to New Jersey in November for a tournament? Second year in a row that the fields at New Egypt HS were practically unplayable - surprised there weren't more injuries. Not to mention having to stand in 40 degree rain.

Dont think so

Dont think so

Exactly the same as our event last weekend.[/quo

They weren't there to watch. They still have spots they need to fill. 95% of the top 20 D1 schools are done with the 2024's.

Her college head coach told her she’d be there to watch some of her game. This isn’t shocking and HC’s watch their commits all the time. Also, they have enough space to add two more 2024’s, it’s not just 2025s now. I don’t know what your obsession is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are just about two month into the recruiting process and somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 players have committed to DI programs. Many on here are from Long Island and many focus on the "Top" college programs and "The Ivy's" (two of which Penn and Princeton fall under both Top 20 program and Ivy).

Nor too many LI kids committing to either...

Traditional Top 20 Programs and total commits and commits from LI... (Yes, I know there are some other strong programs i.e. Denver, Umass) I also realize that the numbers below are not exact (but they are close)

School ------ commits --- LI commits

Boston College: 8 -- 1
Duke: 8 -- 2
Florida: 10 -- 1
James Madison: 8 -- 1
Johns Hopkins: 8 -- 2
Maryland: 10 -- 1
North Carolina: 8 -- 3
Northwestern: 7 -- 0
Notre Dame: 10 -- 0
Penn: 9 -- 1
Penn State: 8 -- 0
Princeton: 7 -- 1
Stanford: 7 -- 0
Syracuse: 10 -- 0
Virginia: 7 -- 2
USC: 9 -- 2

Also...

Michigan: 12 -- 0
Loyola: 4 -- 2

Ivy's

Brown: 4 -- 1
Columbia: 6 - 2
Cornell: 5 -- 1
Dartmouth: 6 -- 1
Harvard: 9 -- 1
Yale: 8 -- 2

Piggybacking on this.... There are approximately 750 - 800 Division I commits so far. There is always a lot of chest pounding from LI parents as well as complaining about all star teams, player rankings, lists etc...

Well as the dust is just about settled the college coaches at the best programs have pretty much let us all know just which players they have ranked high.

Looking at the traditional Top 20 college programs there are about 20 Long Island players committed to those programs.

When you look at the traditional Top 10 college programs Long Island has about 13 players heading to the best programs

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

Throw out all the lists and rankings, just look at who the best programs are taking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are just about two month into the recruiting process and somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 players have committed to DI programs. Many on here are from Long Island and many focus on the "Top" college programs and "The Ivy's" (two of which Penn and Princeton fall under both Top 20 program and Ivy).

Traditional Top 20 Programs and total commits and commits from LI... (Yes, I know there are some other strong programs i.e. Denver, Umass) I also realize that the numbers below are not exact (but they are close)

Also...

Ivy's

Piggybacking on this.... There are approximately 750 - 800 Division I commits so far. There is always a lot of chest pounding from LI parents as well as complaining about all star teams, player rankings, lists etc...

Well as the dust is just about settled the college coaches at the best programs have pretty much let us all know just which players they have ranked high.

Looking at the traditional Top 20 college programs there are about 20 Long Island players committed to those programs.

When you look at the traditional Top 10 college programs Long Island has about 13 players heading to the best programs

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

Throw out all the lists and rankings, just look at who the best programs are taking.

LI has 10 recruits to the top 5 ranked schools. Each school has either 9 or 10 2024 commits. That's 20%. of the top 50 recruits from LI. Not that bad if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most top players want highest academic opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feeling bad for the 24 teams who had a 7 pm Saturday game and 2 on Sunday game for presidents cup. 2/4 games a wash with no coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feeling bad for the 24 teams who had a 7 pm Saturday game and 2 on Sunday game for presidents cup. 2/4 games a wash with no coaches

Weren't most of the later slots for Open teams? We had about 5-6 show up for my daughter's late game on Sunday, which was shocking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep you got that right !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

LI has 10 recruits to the top 5 ranked schools. Each school has either 9 or 10 2024 commits. That's 20%. of the top 50 recruits from LI. Not that bad if you ask me.

Do you really think 50 girls from 5 teams make up the top 50 girls recruited? not even remotely close to how it works. If you also believe SBU have 4 players that will be ranked top 50, that will not be the case. But JS has the ability to turn them into top players and get them top recognition. He uses the fact that his players are generally overlooked and disrespected by most teams during recruiting to motivate them, the chip on the shoulder approach. When playing other teams on the schedule, he loves to challenge his players to step up and kick [Censored] on former teammates from Travel/HS that were weighed down with accolades. It is wild to see him flip the deck and produce players that very often outshine the most hyped up players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

Do you really think 50 girls from 5 teams make up the top 50 girls recruited? not even remotely close to how it works. If you also believe SBU have 4 players that will be ranked top 50, that will not be the case. But JS has the ability to turn them into top players and get them top recognition. He uses the fact that his players are generally overlooked and disrespected by most teams during recruiting to motivate them, the chip on the shoulder approach. When playing other teams on the schedule, he loves to challenge his players to step up and kick [Censored] on former teammates from Travel/HS that were weighed down with accolades. It is wild to see him flip the deck and produce players that very often outshine the most hyped up players.

He was talking about the top 5 ranked teams. 20% of their recruits were from LI. JS doesn't get weighed down with all the nonsense on the internet. He looks for and finds top quality athletes. He is one of the best in the game today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, and where do you think his daughter will end up playing ? SBU?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

He was talking about the top 5 ranked teams. 20% of their recruits were from LI. JS doesn't get weighed down with all the nonsense on the internet. He looks for and finds top quality athletes. He is one of the best in the game today

I agree 100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

Here we go again, same old narrative... talk about players being "disrespected", it is you and people like you who disrespect the players who choose to go to Stony Brook. What programs "overlook" the players who choose SBU? How are they "disrespected"?

Stony Brook is an excellent program, Joe Spalina is an excellent coach and SBU brings in some excellent players. This notion that it is all the coach is laughable, the players deserve a lot more credit than people like you give them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina is an [Censored] that is one of the top coaches in women's lacrosse. He gets very good players from the island, but constantly beats teams with "better" recruiting classes. The guy clearly coaches his ladies to play aggressive and is a step ahead of most other coaches. They had the UNC offense rattled, why, because they didn't back down, played the passing lanes and were trying to draw charges. There are several blue bloods (pun intended) that have under achieved with top talent and will only fall farther as more new coaches fill the college ranks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

Here we go again, same old narrative... talk about players being "disrespected", it is you and people like you who disrespect the players who choose to go to Stony Brook. What programs "overlook" the players who choose SBU? How are they "disrespected"?

Stony Brook is an excellent program, Joe Spalina is an excellent coach and SBU brings in some excellent players. This notion that it is all the coach is laughable, the players deserve a lot more credit than people like you give them.

Guys remember that NO COACH is on the field with these girls. Being ranked #5 pre season is because the girls produce and are good. You could have Jesus Christ as your coach and if the girls arent good and dont execute you are not beating anyone ! Stop putting these girls down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little bit frustrated that the only players committed on our team are the two coaches kids, the coaches Highschool player, and the Highschool teammate of the coaches kid. Not sure why other players aren’t getting the same attention as mommy and daddy’s kids and their town teammates. Are any other clubs or individuals experiencing this type of favoritism?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little bit frustrated that the only players committed on our team are the two coaches kids, the coaches Highschool player, and the Highschool teammate of the coaches kid. Not sure why other players aren’t getting the same attention as mommy and daddy’s kids and their town teammates. Are any other clubs or individuals experiencing this type of favoritism?

What did you expect ? That is why you don't play on teams with parent coaches. It is always obvious that they favor their own kids. You wouldn't ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't understand why daddy has to come on an anonymous website and put down players ability. Common sense, a player in any sport going top 10 D1 has to be very good. People saying these kids aren't as good because it's on the island an whatever other excuses they can make up to make themselves feel better while putting a 16 year old girl down...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina is an [Censored] that is one of the top coaches in women's lacrosse. He gets very good players from the island, but constantly beats teams with "better" recruiting classes. The guy clearly coaches his ladies to play aggressive and is a step ahead of most other coaches. They had the UNC offense rattled, why, because they didn't back down, played the passing lanes and were trying to draw charges. There are several blue bloods (pun intended) that have under achieved with top talent and will only fall farther as more new coaches fill the college ranks.

It all about recruiting to a scheme. Northwestern does that the same thing with great success, emphasizing speed, athleticism and speed over everything else.

This is why recruiting rankings are meaningless. The most "talented" HS players don't necessarily make the best college players.

Spalling probably deserves more credit than he gets. I am sure if he lost some of the attitude he would probably be much more respected across the lacrosse commented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fomo. Next question.

The fields were fine. Field 14 was the only one that was kinda rough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't understand why daddy has to come on an anonymous website and put down players ability. Common sense, a player in any sport going top 10 D1 has to be very good. People saying these kids aren't as good because it's on the island an whatever other excuses they can make up to make themselves feel better while putting a 16 year old girl down...

Well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a recruiting question. What’s more important, standing out at club tournaments or playing well at college clinics? It seems rather hard for some kids to stand out at tournaments because the top kids have the ball the majority of time. So how does the second tier kids on that team get noticed at these tournaments when the top two kids are scoring 60% of the goals?

Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard