BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 86 1 2 3 4 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NO but Maddox is not my sons father I am. It will not kill him or harm him for life to be treated harsh or mean. It will help him deal with life in the real world. Maddox is a D__k I am fine with it. My boss just yelled at me and called me names I am out of here. My high school coach is a real hard A-- I guess I am not playing High School Lacrosse. I guess I am coiming from a Working Class life style and I will never get this new way of handling things.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

BOTC has received numerous reports from parents who state that they are in the process of leaving the MadLax program over this national story and the approach of Cabell Maddux towards this player and family. There is no situation in coaching that I have every encountered that can justify this coach's attitude. As a coach on the national and regional levels in soccer, the pressure to have a team perform and to place players with college coaches is strong in both sports, but never could I imagine losing sight of the student-athlete's needs first.

You mention soccer

As a manager of a Region 1 League soccer team I have had the opportunity to be a part of the sidelines while playing the highest level of competition from around the east coast during league play and country during tournaments.

I have heard some of the nastiest words come out of these coaches directed at their players. The only difference is they weren't in an email to be posted on the internet

What Cabel did wasn't right, but there is some over-reaction going on

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Agree about the over reacting. A lot of holier than though, absolutism and judgment going on here. Cabell was wrong no doubt, but there is a lot of madlax baby folks think should be tossed out with the bath water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabel was wrong, but did you ever watch te screaming going on on the VLC sidelines? That program no better, especially now that they were "acquired" by the evil empire...Club Blue seems a great alternative in the Virginia region

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cabel was wrong, but did you ever watch te screaming going on on the VLC sidelines? That program no better, especially now that they were "acquired" by the evil empire...Club Blue seems a great alternative in the Virginia region

Wrong. VLC is a non-profit, whereas the profits of Madlax go into Cabell's pockets. There is no comparison which program is better.

As for screaming, there is no coach in the VLC program that berates players or goes over the line. I don't think Madlax has any, either, although they used to. But when Cabell coaches, he acts like a maniac.

But coaching decorum isn't the issue. Threatening a kid and family just for deciding to leave is indefensible.

As for Club Blue, it is very affordable, but that program has seen a decline in talent. It's not a good option for a VA kid unless your son is going to Prep.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax does not have a single parent as a coach or helping coach there own kid. This is why I do not mind paying the extra money. If my kid gets benched or cut I know it had nothing to do with someones Dad. Also if someone is getting paid to do a job they tend to care a lot more about the job they are doing. High school coaches get paid where is the out rage for that. I would also guess that the madlax coaches get paid around what a high school coach gets paid. Also kids today are treated better then they have ever been treated. So if they get yelled at for a total of 6 hours a week they will live I promise you. These are all-star players they are told there _ _ _ _ does not stink there whole life. Everyone needs to be taken down a bit once in a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were with three other local clubs prior to madlax, and feel that Madlax is worth the extra money for the following reasons:

Madlax is very organized and well run partly because they have paid full-time employees, and it makes a HUGE difference.

Many of the games are filmed and photographed by a professional photographer.

Great coaches with years of experience, some are head coaches at local private schools, others are graduates from top D1 schools.

The team camp at Catholic University is unique to madlax, and only for madlax players. The price of the camp is half of what you’d pay elsewhere.

When I send an email, I ALWAYS get a prompt response.

When I ask how my son can improve, I receive a three paged email outlining his strengths and weaknesses, and what he can do to improve

Great continuity between teams and age groups - the same team concepts are taught at every level.. When the kids age up and get a new coach, they are already familiar the offense and defense.

Free positional and speed workouts in the fall and winter

There is no team fee, just the monthly charge. Although, the monthly charge may turn out to be slightly more expensive, they are not significantly more compared to seasonal team fees from other clubs.

Free recruiting seminars

Discounted camps and clinics

Direct access and invites to some of the best recruiting camps.

The PP post mentioned there are no parents and affiliations with ANY rec league, and therefore, the Madlax coaches can remain objective. To my knowledge, there aren’t any other clubs that can claim this. Most have local rec coaches (i.e Great Falls, Vienna, Chantilly, etc.) coaching the teams.

At the youth AA level (u9 – u15), every team is competitive, and finished in the top tier of NPYLL (top 5). The next closest club was Next Level with 2 teams in the top 5 and VLC with 1 team in the top 5.

The teams are consistently good each year, at least since we’ve been involved 3 years ago.

When you factor in the workouts, the discounted team camp/ clinics, and the extra attention by full-time employees, we feel we get more for our money at Madlax.

I should also mention, this is not meant to be a comparison of clubs, so please don’t respond with “oh yeah, well my club does x, y, or z.” Since the price of Madlax has been questioned in this forum and others, I’m simply outlining the reasons why, for us, madlax is worth the additional expense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were with three other local clubs prior to madlax, and feel that Madlax is worth the extra money for the following reasons:

Madlax is very organized and well run partly because they have paid full-time employees, and it makes a HUGE difference.

Many of the games are filmed and photographed by a professional photographer.

Great coaches with years of experience, some are head coaches at local private schools, others are graduates from top D1 schools.

The team camp at Catholic University is unique to madlax, and only for madlax players. The price of the camp is half of what you’d pay elsewhere.

When I send an email, I ALWAYS get a prompt response.

When I ask how my son can improve, I receive a three paged email outlining his strengths and weaknesses, and what he can do to improve

Great continuity between teams and age groups - the same team concepts are taught at every level.. When the kids age up and get a new coach, they are already familiar the offense and defense.

Free positional and speed workouts in the fall and winter

There is no team fee, just the monthly charge. Although, the monthly charge may turn out to be slightly more expensive, they are not significantly more compared to seasonal team fees from other clubs.

Free recruiting seminars

Discounted camps and clinics

Direct access and invites to some of the best recruiting camps.

The PP post mentioned there are no parents and affiliations with ANY rec league, and therefore, the Madlax coaches can remain objective. To my knowledge, there aren’t any other clubs that can claim this. Most have local rec coaches (i.e Great Falls, Vienna, Chantilly, etc.) coaching the teams.

At the youth AA level (u9 – u15), every team is competitive, and finished in the top tier of NPYLL (top 5). The next closest club was Next Level with 2 teams in the top 5 and VLC with 1 team in the top 5.

The teams are consistently good each year, at least since we’ve been involved 3 years ago.

When you factor in the workouts, the discounted team camp/ clinics, and the extra attention by full-time employees, we feel we get more for our money at Madlax.

I should also mention, this is not meant to be a comparison of clubs, so please don’t respond with “oh yeah, well my club does x, y, or z.” Since the price of Madlax has been questioned in this forum and others, I’m simply outlining the reasons why, for us, madlax is worth the additional expense.

So you have no problem with the owner threatening his own clients and their kids, eh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok we get it Madlax is whats wrong with youth sports, How much longer must we hear about this Da__n email and how bad our owner is. We get it, now get over it. We are not going anywhere. If you can start a program and have 17 or so teams that play at a very high level please start it today and send me a email. I will be waiting! The owner will not go off on my kid like he did this kid and his family because if we where to quit the team I would walk up to him or call him to let him know we where leaving and explain why we are leaving. Like the adult that I am. I do not tell you how bad it is you are babying your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok we get it Madlax is whats wrong with youth sports, How much longer must we hear about this Da__n email and how bad our owner is. We get it, now get over it. We are not going anywhere. If you can start a program and have 17 or so teams that play at a very high level please start it today and send me a email. I will be waiting! The owner will not go off on my kid like he did this kid and his family because if we where to quit the team I would walk up to him or call him to let him know we where leaving and explain why we are leaving. Like the adult that I am. I do not tell you how bad it is you are babying your kid.

You are an insipid fool. Regardless if the family spoke to him in person, on the phone or via email, nothing justifies a response like that.

This wasn't an isolated episode. He has done the same thing to several other families. Thank God we have Madlax years ago for a better program. Hope you enjoy paying $1,500+ extra dollars a year for that Academy. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE expanded our coverage into the Mid-Atlantic Region within two weeks of this story having broken. The following post is what we here are BOTC offered to the community upon reading about Cabell Maddux's outburst.

Originally Posted by CageSage Authored Information
Interesting Blog from Deadspin

saw this posted somewhere else and had to share
This is simply an incredible series of e-mails and provides an extreme example of everything that coaching youth sports should not encompass.

Whether this sequence of e-mails has been editted in any form is secondary to some of the language used by Coach Cabell Maddux including:
  • You have no clue how this lacrosse world works. Wow. You have really screwed him. And by the way it is a big deal and I will let every one of his teammates know. His teammates will hate him for years for quitting and playing for a rival club. Trust me on that.
  • If I had any clue which I didn't until right now I would have kicked his butt off the team for not being committed. I dont need Ryan or your craziness. I would much rather work with a kid who is tough and grateful.
  • Hey ungrateful quitter....
    Your former teammates and coaches, who hate you now, can't wait to get a piece of you Saturday when we play vlc.
Surely, this requires more exposure and commentary from the community.
Now, I personally have coached youth players from the ages of nine through their collegiate careers. In my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined using the following terms in front of a player:
  • "... teammates will hate him ..."
  • "... ungrateful quitter ..."
  • "... hate you now ..."
  • "... can't wait to get a piece of you ..."
Here, this alleged coach just did not SAY these words in the heat of the situation, but actually WROTE these letters to the player and his family.

This is not a "now get over it" situation. This is a serious situation of at least bullying and potentially so much more.

As for the owner not going off on your kid, how do you know?

Worse yet, will you be there to protect him when he does?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all I keep hearing is he is evil, and the worst person on earth. He is not going to quit and the parents are not going to leave the program. So what is all of you guys end game? When will you let it go? Here is a idea start a new program pay for coaches and save all the poor madlax kids from this evil man. When you get this done my kid will be safe from all harm and name calling for life. Thank you for making the lacrosse world safe.Now I just have to find someone to save my kids from all the other evil mean name calling people out there. Oh wait I can just teach him to man up and deal with life as it comes to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an insipid fool. Regardless if the family spoke to him in person, on the phone or via email, nothing justifies a response like that.

This wasn't an isolated episode. He has done the same thing to several other families. Thank God we have Madlax years ago for a better program. Hope you enjoy paying $1,500+ extra dollars a year for that Academy. LOL.

Insipid fool? Wow, way to practice what you appear to expect from others. To which program did you move after "have" Madlax years ago?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what is missing here is confirmation that this is real. This forum can be 100% anonymous yet no one has come forward to confirm or deny these allegations.

I think that is suspicious on two fronts. If it is NOT true MadLax specifically Cabel should be screaming foul from the highest hill. If it is TRUE where are the other players who have suffered the same attacks.

This appears to be something requiring a deeper look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what is missing here is confirmation that this is real. This forum can be 100% anonymous yet no one has come forward to confirm or deny these allegations.

I think that is suspicious on two fronts. If it is NOT true MadLax specifically Cabel should be screaming foul from the highest hill. If it is TRUE where are the other players who have suffered the same attacks.

This appears to be something requiring a deeper look.

LOL. It is 100% real. Cabell is laying low (and lawyering up) because he does not want to draw any more attention to it. Nothing was doctored. And yes, other people have received similar threats.

Ask current Madlax parents. They will tell you it is real and they are hoping the entire episode will be forgotten soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the evil email must not of scared to many kids away from the evil madlax. There was 85 kids at the U13 and somewhere around 65 at the U15 try outs yesterday. Just thought you all would like a update.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the kids who couldn't make the VLC team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Well the evil email must not of scared to many kids away from the evil madlax. There was 85 kids at the U13 and somewhere around 65 at the U15 try outs yesterday. Just thought you all would like a update.
Truth be told, BOTC would not want the "evil club" to fold or disband. Why you ask? When clubs fold, the coaches scatter, form new clubs, and pop-up elsewhere with the hope that no one remembers the past.

Unlike other sources, BOTC remembers history and serves as a recording to be played back at any point. With MadLax staying place, it simply means that we do not have to do any work to track down the coaches again!

As for the numbers at tryouts, BOTC simply hopes that all of the parents and players have made an intelligent choice for their own situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is only one coach that you have a problem with not all the coaches. I am aware you are judged by the company you keep but to say that all the coaches in the madlax program are like the owner is way off base and kinda messed up. I would like to invite you out to any madlax practice or game. Then you can come back on here with a informed thought not just hearsay and a bad email by the owner.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There is only one coach that you have a problem with not all the coaches. I am aware you are judged by the company you keep but to say that all the coaches in the madlax program are like the owner is way off base and kinda messed up. I would like to invite you out to any madlax practice or game. Then you can come back on here with a informed thought not just hearsay and a bad email by the owner.
Since you responded to our BOTC posting, some return thoughts for the community.

(1)BOTC never commented about other coaches in the program. We agree that you are judged by the company you keep.

(2) BOTC has already seen a MadLax performance however thank you for the invitation.

(3) Our opinion is well informed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was not a "bad email" by the owner. He has said and written similar things to other people in the program who left.

As for coaches, Madlax has several good ones. They've also had ones who were dismissed because of arguing with refs, getting thrown out of games, etc.

Don't minimize this as a "bad email". The fact that you can justify threatening a kid and family is unbelievable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is a difference between over reacting or babying kids, and desiring to play somewhere that your children's interests are more paramount. As for other places to play, Next Level Lacrosse in Bethesda has a lot of players from north VA on their teams. They fell off for a few years but they have some really top notch former college and MLL players that coach their teams now, and they have their own facility to do training in. I've watched their teams play mad lax teams and they may lose to them early in the fall but by the spring they frequently outperform them which suggests superior coaching and training.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Next Level is not competitive with the top Madlax teams or others at AA level, Spring or Fall. Its program has fallen off a cliff in terms of talent. Not sure what happened. Kids that used to go to Next Level or Club Blue are now playing for Bethesda. Check standings in the Next Level Fall League or NPYLL (Spring).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
VLC is not competitive at youth level in WashDC. They seem to be very disorganized, and have inconsistent coaching. In fact, VLC recently entered the U13AA team in the B bracket at the NPYLL Autumn Classic. Again, check the standings of the Next Level Fall League or NPYLL league.

They are strong and well coached at HS, 2017 and older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is a difference between over reacting or babying kids, and desiring to play somewhere that your children's interests are more paramount. As for other places to play, Next Level Lacrosse in Bethesda has a lot of players from north VA on their teams. They fell off for a few years but they have some really top notch former college and MLL players that coach their teams now, and they have their own facility to do training in. I've watched their teams play mad lax teams and they may lose to them early in the fall but by the spring they frequently outperform them which suggests superior coaching and training.

NL is a 2nd rate club these days. They can't field HS teams, and the kids they get are not top caliber. Not sure what Laco is doing out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the negatively around quality in the other area programs, is it the suggestion that people stay with madlax beacause they have nowhere else to go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is absolutely correct. VLC has some very good 2015 and 2017 teams, but have been unable to glue it together at the youth levels. They dropped U-11 alltogether this Fall after fits and starts and coaching turnover.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or, stick with Madlax because it's a great program, with incredibly talented kids, and knowledgable coaches that don't change every season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is absolutely correct. VLC has some very good 2015 and 2017 teams, but have been unable to glue it together at the youth levels. They dropped U-11 alltogether this Fall after fits and starts and coaching turnover.

Very good? VLC's 2015 and 2017 teams are in the top 3-5 in the country, and indisputably the best in the DC area by a large margin.

Your comment about VLC's youth program is also misleading. Their excellent 2017 team was considered a youth team just a few months ago. VLC's 2016 team was one of the best in the country when they were U15. Their 2018 and 2019/2020 teams are just ok right now, for sure. But just like every club, some years are stronger than others. There also has not been coaching turnover, at least not more than any other club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comment on the youth teams are spot on. The U-11 program was a debacle that was shut down, and the current U-13 and U-15 teams strain to hang on at the AA brackets, and often play A brackets now to be competitive. Full disclosure: I had a kid play on a VLC U-13 team, he was not one of their best players on a so-so team and we moved to MadLax and are happy.

The VLC 2015 team is terrific, and the VLC 2017 team is too. As U-15s this 2017 VLC team won the Delaware MVP and has some first flight players including four players already weighing ACC offers. They have unquestionably the best attack player, the best midfielder and the best goalie in the area all of whom also go to Landon and are weighing offers from every top D1 program right now, so look out for that high school team in years to come.

But let's not confuse two high school teams with a youth program. At the youth level VLC has some work to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comment on the youth teams are spot on. The U-11 program was a debacle that was shut down, and the current U-13 and U-15 teams strain to hang on at the AA brackets, and often play A brackets now to be competitive. Full disclosure: I had a kid play on a VLC U-13 team, he was not one of their best players on a so-so team and we moved to MadLax and are happy.

The VLC 2015 team is terrific, and the VLC 2017 team is too. As U-15s this 2017 VLC team won the Delaware MVP and has some first flight players including four players already weighing ACC offers. They have unquestionably the best attack player, the best midfielder and the best goalie in the area all of whom also go to Landon and are weighing offers from every top D1 program right now, so look out for that high school team in years to come.

But let's not confuse two high school teams with a youth program. At the youth level VLC has some work to do.

You have a myopic viewpoint based on your son's experience. The VLC 2017 team was terrible two years ago, and that team did a complete 180 in one year. So your opinion is based on the current fortunes of two teams, both of which could be completely different in a season or two. Though you are right that the current VLC youth teams are not worldbeaters, you are examining too small a sample size to make a blanket statement about VLC's youth effort.

Both VLC youth teams are much improved this fall. Given the impact of the Deadspin article and upcoming Washingtonian article about the Madlax founder, expect that trend to continue as the Crabs put more focus on the VLC youth program.

Glad to hear Madlax is going well for your son. I guess the founder's treatment of players (yes, he has done the same thing to many players) doesn't bother you.

As for your assessment about VLC 2017's players, it is not only creepy, but incorrect. To say that all three of them are "weighing offers from every top D1 program right now" is completely false. Further, not all of the players you listed are indisputably the best in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Living in the present, the VLC youth program can not compete with the AA teams. Period. U15 was pounded by Madlax and didn't win a game in the NPYLL tourney. u13 played in the B bracket. Furthermore, if the deadspin article hasn't had an impact on the madlax teams, which judging from how well the teams did this fall (13 winning npyll tourney, u15 and 2017 indisputably still the best team in the area as evidenced by their record), then it's not likely to, nor will an article in the Washingtonian.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Living in the present, the VLC youth program can not compete with the AA teams. Period. U15 was pounded by Madlax and didn't win a game in the NPYLL tourney. u13 played in the B bracket. Furthermore, if the deadspin article hasn't had an impact on the madlax teams, which judging from how well the teams did this fall (13 winning npyll tourney, u15 and 2017 indisputably still the best team in the area as evidenced by their record), then it's not likely to, nor will an article in the Washingtonian.

You have some serious issues. Who keeps up watching the progress of other youth programs?

The NPYLL tournament was a 3 game showcase - there were no winners. I guess you are referring to Cabell's meaningless Fall Fest tournament, one that a Madlax parent said had laughable competition.

Have fun playing meaningless tournaments that line Cabell's pockets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So quick to judge - for all you know my son plays on VLC.

Hard to argue with cold, hard facts without resorting to insults, isn't it?

NPYLL posted the scores to each game and the WINNERS of each division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So quick to judge - for all you know my son plays on VLC.

Hard to argue with cold, hard facts without resorting to insults, isn't it?

NPYLL posted the scores to each game and the WINNERS of each division.

Please. We know your son doesn't play for VLC. Hope you enjoy playing for a guy who threatens kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pots calling kettles black. The owner of the BLC could easily be the topic of this thread about a self interested and mean club lacrosse owner. Basically he collects dues and places his teams only in his own tournaments. Cha ching. He only types the kids who are part of his circle of parents who kneel before him and tell him how great he was and pay $600 a pop three or four times every year to go to his "showcase" events. Cha ching.

These BLC tournaments and showcase events are diluted in terms of college coach attendance for valid reasons. One reason is he is yesterday's beauty queen who goes on thinking he is the it and the now. He only invites other club owners who kneel before him and will do anything to keep his local rivals down (Breakers, FCA). Another reason is quite possibly college coaches have finally figured out there isn't a reason to go to his tournaments or showcases because there are other more organized and all-inclusive venues for top teams and players to play. At the Fall UMD classic and in the Philly tourneys there were possibly over a hundred college coaches attending. At a BLC tournament you have to strain your eyes to count half a dozen, plus the proverbial IL plant journalist who hypes BLC's own in tourney write ups. Second, there is a lot of growth in lacrosse but it ain't in Baltimore. Everyone in that county plays over decades and today you are seeing the best players aspiring to play for other clubs over the Crabs. If you want your kids to have the best chance to play college lacrosse, ten years ago you had no choice but to worship at the BLC altar. Today you are actually better off somewhere else.

Maybe Cabell is a terrible guy and a self interested operator, but it is hardly fair to point this all on MaxLax. There are club lacrosse problems right up the road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pots calling kettles black. The owner of the BLC could easily be the topic of this thread about a self interested and mean club lacrosse owner. Basically he collects dues and places his teams only in his own tournaments. Cha ching. He only types the kids who are part of his circle of parents who kneel before him and tell him how great he was and pay $600 a pop three or four times every year to go to his "showcase" events. Cha ching.

These BLC tournaments and showcase events are diluted in terms of college coach attendance for valid reasons. One reason is he is yesterday's beauty queen who goes on thinking he is the it and the now. He only invites other club owners who kneel before him and will do anything to keep his local rivals down (Breakers, FCA). Another reason is quite possibly college coaches have finally figured out there isn't a reason to go to his tournaments or showcases because there are other more organized and all-inclusive venues for top teams and players to play. At the Fall UMD classic and in the Philly tourneys there were possibly over a hundred college coaches attending. At a BLC tournament you have to strain your eyes to count half a dozen, plus the proverbial IL plant journalist who hypes BLC's own in tourney write ups. Second, there is a lot of growth in lacrosse but it ain't in Baltimore. Everyone in that county plays over decades and today you are seeing the best players aspiring to play for other clubs over the Crabs. If you want your kids to have the best chance to play college lacrosse, ten years ago you had no choice but to worship at the BLC altar. Today you are actually better off somewhere else.

Maybe Cabell is a terrible guy and a self interested operator, but it is hardly fair to point this all on MaxLax. There are club lacrosse problems right up the road.

Sorry your FCA team doesn't get invited to Crabs tournaments. Get over it.

The stuff you wrote about him in the first two paragraphs isn't true, so I won't bother addressing it. In terms of college matriculation, Crabs 2016 has 8 college D1 commitments. Between VLC and BLC 2016, they have a combined 18 college commitments. The ability of the Crabs and now VLC to get kids in college programs is unparalleled.

But this has nothing to do with the owner of Madlax. He publicly in writing threatened a kid and his parents just because he wanted to leave. Can you really justify that on any level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, someone attacking Crabs on a Madlax forum who then attacks FCA...What is wrong with lacrosse. In my opinion it is the profit motive. Many clubs no longer have the child's best interest in mind but rather a profit incentive. Some of these clubs hide behind the 501-C non-profit claim but run a parrallel company to collect tournament and camp fees. In the end it is the children who become the pawns...Let the boys be boys, focus on improving the game and stop the name calling and accusations. Parents and players will go to a club that THEY think is best for THEM, doesn't matter anyone else's opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why must all you people keep pretending that you care what kind of guy the owners of any of these clubs are. All these all-star teams are a two way street. The coaches are using the kids the parents are using the coach/team. Everyone of you dads out there will move your kid from team to team until there kid is one of the top three attackmen or a first line middie. Your sons spend what a min. to 30 mins with these club oweners over the years, who cares what kind of guys they are. When people get on here and bash the other club they are just hoping it makes another dad send the son to there team so they can win more games. People really do not care about emails or coaches being mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your FCA team doesn't get invited to Crabs tournaments. Get over it.

The stuff you wrote about him in the first two paragraphs isn't true, so I won't bother addressing it. In terms of college matriculation, Crabs 2016 has 8 college D1 commitments. Between VLC and BLC 2016, they have a combined 18 college commitments. The ability of the Crabs and now VLC to get kids in college programs is unparalleled.

But this has nothing to do with the owner of Madlax. He publicly in writing threatened a kid and his parents just because he wanted to leave. Can you really justify that on any level?

I would argue that many of the Crabs play for the top schools in the area (BL, McDonogh, Gilman, St Pauls) and that the coaches from those schools are the real reason that the players are recruited...keep taking credit and lining your own pocket. More and more the high schools are playing in Summer events, then let's see what the Crabs really offer? Much better options in the Mid Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 86 1 2 3 4 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard