BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 146 of 255 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 254 255
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously this should have been done a long time ago, hopefully it happens. If they keep HS as grade based with no age verification and youth (8th and below) as strict age based it will bring up some interesting scenarios. Most notably, 9th grade teams will have a glut of players compared to all other age/grade groups. They will get all the 9th graders and they will get all the holdbacks in 8th grade who are not eligible for their age-based team. The holdbacks will then end up spending 2 seasons in the 9th grade HS "age group".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Obviously this should have been done a long time ago, hopefully it happens. If they keep HS as grade based with no age verification and youth (8th and below) as strict age based it will bring up some interesting scenarios. Most notably, 9th grade teams will have a glut of players compared to all other age/grade groups. They will get all the 9th graders and they will get all the holdbacks in 8th grade who are not eligible for their age-based team. The holdbacks will then end up spending 2 seasons in the 9th grade HS "age group".

Good point. Hopefully the number of holdbacks will shrink over time since the incentive structure will change. The 9th grade glut in 10yrs would be much less than the 9th grade glut you see next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the author was distinguishing between actual high school and the club teams. There is no age based when a player hits his high school team so the argument goes away in high school sports. The age verification system could exist for club teams into high school. There are a number of tournaments where a high school will enter a club tournament at the oldest age of their oldest players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If reading correctly, it’s a 16-18 month window they are targeting. Which in my opinion is not that different from what we have today. Of course there is a couple “double” holdbacks out there but most are summer birthdays that are well within that range.

What am I missing here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If reading correctly, it’s a 16-18 month window they are targeting. Which in my opinion is not that different from what we have today. Of course there is a couple “double” holdbacks out there but most are summer birthdays that are well within that range.

What am I missing here?
A bunch of spots just opened up for Hawks, Crabs, FCA Blue, BLC and Madlax come Summer try-out season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The circuit is a random tournament and half of the teams there were terrible. They also checked nothing during game day.

The NLF considering it is a tremendously big deal. That said I doubt it impacts anything. Especially if they go with a 18 month window.

Correct me if I’m wrong but that means kids born in March of 2009 would be on age with an august 2010 kid.

That really solves the problem doesn’t it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like there will be change in a few years for 13U and younger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

What aren't you missing? Children under the age of 14 are tremendously different, both physically and mentally, with an additional 6 months of age. It's well documented. Adding another 6 - 11 month of age difference on top of that is too much. Then you add on the real cheaters of teams playing players down below their actual class along with double holdbacks and you have a huge problem.

Perhaps your team hasn't hit the upper level tournaments yet. They don't just magically grow kids flying in from different areas 6 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier. Those players are much older, maybe double holdback, maybe holding back next year or flat out filling in rosters with older classes so the team can justify getting on the airplane. On a true travel national team, you will be lucky to find 4-5 kids born after 9/1, not before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

You are correct.

There are going to be a handful of fall 2008 birthday holdbacks. But not really that many. Those kids would be out of luck.

The majority of the kids I know who aren’t on age are somewhere between April and August of 2009.

What’s proposed by both the circuit and the NLF really doesn’t change much of anything at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. Hopefully the number of holdbacks will shrink over time since the incentive structure will change. The 9th grade glut in 10yrs would be much less than the 9th grade glut you see next year.

8th grade year probably would be u15. That's how it was for decades and we all survived

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sooner the better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sooner the better
Unfortunately, our 7th graders will likely be in high school by the time any of this is enacted. Sooner the better, just not likely to be universal for several years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sooner the better
Unfortunately, our 7th graders will likely be in high school by the time any of this is enacted. Sooner the better, just not likely to be universal for several years.

How fun will it be to see the 2028s split among U14/U16/U18 in the summer after 9th grade though.

"Oh is your son looking at colleges for a year from now?"

"No he's in 9th grade."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

You are correct.

There are going to be a handful of fall 2008 birthday holdbacks. But not really that many. Those kids would be out of luck.

The majority of the kids I know who aren’t on age are somewhere between April and August of 2009.

What’s proposed by both the circuit and the NLF really doesn’t change much of anything at all.

Window dressing. The problem are the kids that are 16-18 months older. They aren't fixing anything at all. Still elite rich lax dads running the show so their kids benefit.
We see right through this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?
A bunch of spots just opened up for Hawks, Crabs, FCA Blue, BLC and Madlax come Summer try-out season.
Lmaooo

trump_i_hate_to_see_it_happen.gif

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

Not MadLax, according to their team Dads they are all on age, even the kid who is a full head taller then everyone and who scores all the goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

Not MadLax, according to their team Dads they are all on age, even the kid who is a full head taller then everyone and who scores all the goals.

The one dad posted a year and a half ago that it was impossible for that kid to be 14, because in fact he was just 13 and very big boned, and his whole family was huge (whatever impact that has?). I think he regretted posting that, based on the anger that came after that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake will finish ahead of BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

The one dad posted a year and a half ago that it was impossible for that kid to be 14, because in fact he was just 13 and very big boned, and his whole family was huge (whatever impact that has?). I think he regretted posting that, based on the anger that came after that.

That kid is still 13. He's a friend of my son. But now that the reclass train has left the station he's no longer the biggest kid on the field, just the now 2nd biggest ML kid on the team. They have a D that is bigger. We played them twice this summer as well as NAL this fall and he's fun to watch, nice kid. That kid would score goals and be a force even at '27 and probably '26 with that shot of his that has to be north of 90. It's the system, not the kids fault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any new teams worth noting in Elite/AAA for HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake will finish ahead of BLC.

I don't care either way, but I kind of doubt that True Glen Burnie will finish ahead of BLC unless they pull the ol' "True Baltimore Roster Switcheroo" in HoCo league. And if True is willing to do that (repeatedly) to get wins for a lower level A/B team, I'm just saying, what are they willing to do to support their elite team? I guess we'll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

FWIW— he’s still 13. And no longer any bigger / taller than 4-5 kids from every opposing team. Facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?
Pretty sure the oldest kid in 2028 is the new goalie on next level he’s like 15. And their new R attack is also closing in on 14

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?
Pretty sure the oldest kid in 2028 is the new goalie on next level he’s like 15. And their new R attack is also closing in on 14

Nope. The new goalie on NL 2028 has a summer 2009 birthday.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final spot in HoCo goes to..........Team MD, 91 MD or Blue Claws?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
0.0% odds the new NL goalie is a summer 2009 birthday. ZERO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

How can parents make random statements like this?

Many kids are older than you think. Many are younger than you think.

Have to love the clueless proclamations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW— he’s still 13. And no longer any bigger / taller than 4-5 kids from every opposing team. Facts.[/quote]

He's turning 14 this month so still older than 99.9% of the players he plays against. Don't detest the player, detest the system. But . . . if you're a ML parent complaining about FCA taking advantage of the same system you need to stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

2028’s up north with summer Birthdays are 2010 not 2009 thus the need for age based play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

2028’s up north with summer Birthdays are 2010 not 2009 thus the need for age based play.

No one cares about LI 2028s. You have one team out of 8 million people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

any player born in 2008 and playing 2028 his parents are losers! His club is pathetic ohhh and his parents are losers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

any player born in 2008 and playing 2028 his parents are losers! His club is pathetic ohhh and his parents are losers!

bro you ok there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What am I missing here?

bro you ok there?

Yeah buddy all good, just pointing out the obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn. Who hurt this man as a child….listen, my child isn’t a 28. But occasionally I pop onto this thread. There are a lot of “losers” who come here to complain AND peacock….your clearly in the complain department. Take a deep breath dude. I can only imagine the things your must say in front of your kid. Providing excuses for them.

Is it right that there are holdbacks, well that depends on what you consider a holdback. Is an august 15 2009 kid better served as a 28 or a 27? Do you judge the parents who made that decision in pre school the same way you appear to judge those who do it at middle or high? I would hope not. Many of those kids were held back for development reasons, maybe less mature, possible under physically developed compared to other kids just a month older.

Y’all make it seem like every decision was lacrosse decision. 12 months is fine, but they should really make it 14 and go July to December to accommodate the parents who have kids who are simply better served not entering kindergarten yet. And also show proof they have always been in that grade.

Simple fix. No drama, less judgy fools with excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn. Who hurt this man as a child….listen, my child isn’t a 28. But occasionally I pop onto this thread. There are a lot of “losers” who come here to complain AND peacock….your clearly in the complain department. Take a deep breath dude. I can only imagine the things your must say in front of your kid. Providing excuses for them.

Is it right that there are holdbacks, well that depends on what you consider a holdback. Is an august 15 2009 kid better served as a 28 or a 27? Do you judge the parents who made that decision in pre school the same way you appear to judge those who do it at middle or high? I would hope not. Many of those kids were held back for development reasons, maybe less mature, possible under physically developed compared to other kids just a month older.

Y’all make it seem like every decision was lacrosse decision. 12 months is fine, but they should really make it 14 and go July to December to accommodate the parents who have kids who are simply better served not entering kindergarten yet. And also show proof they have always been in that grade.

Stop trying to manipulate things to benefit your child. Speaks to the entitlement and snobbery of lacrosse.

It’s 12 months. Someone one will be oldest and someone will be youngest.

Your kid has been oldest all His life. Now he will be youngest..and will survive.

Have to love the “he’s been playing up” parents of the summer birthday kids. No he is playing on age. Stop the madness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop trying to manipulate things to benefit your child. Speaks to the entitlement and snobbery of lacrosse.

Your kid has been oldest all His life. Now he will be youngest..and will survive.

Have to love the “he’s been playing up” parents of the summer birthday kids. No he is playing on age. Stop the madness.

You are missing the point too. These summer birthday kids that started school a little later than the Sept (on age kids), wanted to play with their classmates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't matter because they are going to a birthyear age based system like hockey. Jan 1 - Dec 31 of each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are missing the point too. These summer birthday kids that started school a little later than the Sept (on age kids), wanted to play with their classmates.

Seems it isn't an issue in other sports. I guess lacrosse kids are the only ones who care about playing with classmates... or maybe it's the excuse being used now to ensure Johnny doesn't have to actually compete against kids his size.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems it isn't an issue in other sports. I guess lacrosse kids are the only ones who care about playing with classmates... or maybe it's the excuse being used now to ensure Johnny doesn't have to actually compete against kids his size.

It IS an issue if you talk to soccer parents and a BIG one. It looks like lacrosse will go with the soccer/hockey model.

So we will see how triggered the fall birthday parents get once it moves to that birthyear system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your assumption is that an august or July birthday kid is bigger than a September-December kid, and it’s completely false. My kid is a September birthday and I can assure you the one week difference from him playing his age or being considered a hold back does not equate to him being bigger than the rest of his team. In fact if he was an August birthday I would argue he would be at risk for injury in the next age up.

Y’all wanna preach safety until you don’t. What it really boils down to, is your little Johnny is at the bottom of the depth chart and all these summer birthdays who are barely older than him are the problem.

This should be focused on the double holdback and the kid who is clearly more physically mature who decides to go hold back instead of working harder.

But the true colors of the issue with lacrosse are being shown on this thread.

Btw. There is only one other thread that is more toxic than this one on BOTC….clowns.

Like Reply Quote
Page 146 of 255 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 254 255
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard