BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They definitely have the fire power to keep up with anyone on the scoreboard

Yes, MDU has separated themselves from the pack. Eagle Stix, MDU and Coppermine will battle it out over the next year for that elusive # 1. Some great talent across all 3 teams. Hero's and M&D have a lot of work to do to catch up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, MDU has separated themselves from the pack. Eagle Stix, MDU and Coppermine will battle it out over the next year for that elusive # 1. Some great talent across all 3 teams. Hero's and M&D have a lot of work to do to catch up.

And still uncertain who will be the biggest challenger from the north...YJ handed Eagle Stix its only tie this season on Saturday, but also lost to Philly Blast. A big discrepancy there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And still uncertain who will be the biggest challenger from the north...YJ handed Eagle Stix its only tie this season on Saturday, but also lost to Philly Blast. A big discrepancy there.

Losing to Philly Blast (B team as best) but having a Tie with Eagle Stix is puzzling. Have to wait until a Summer tournament now to see how YJ shakes out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
puzzling for sure. Almost like two different teams showed up..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D will be fine- they just beat MDU last weekend. It seems that some teams just match up better than others. Heros has beaten M&D a couple of times recently but hasn't beaten MDU in a couple of years. Crush has beaten M&D and tied Coppermine not that long ago but can't seem to beat Heros or MDU. MDU struggles with M&D and hasn't beaten Coppermine in a long time. It is great for this age group to have so many teams that can win every weekend.

As a parent watching the game, if we have to lose I would prefer to watch a game where the team is fast and athletic and trying to score as opposed to one where they hold the ball as soon as they are up by one goal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU lucked out that they had easy games on Sunday. Hero's had one tough game vs MND (great win). M&D had the toughest schedule on Sunday vs ACES Elite and Heros. I wouldn't say MDU has separated themselves. Everyone is even, any given day each team can beat each other. MDU will need to stop relying on the same 2 players. the one player is probably the best player at this age group. she is fantastic, once she learns to play under control. she will be unstoppable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU lucked out that they had easy games on Sunday. Hero's had one tough game vs MND (great win). M&D had the toughest schedule on Sunday vs ACES Elite and Heros. I wouldn't say MDU has separated themselves. Everyone is even, any given day each team can beat each other. MDU will need to stop relying on the same 2 players. the one player is probably the best player at this age group. she is fantastic, once she learns to play under control. she will be unstoppable.

To be fair, Hero's also had a tight 4-3 win against Pride. So while they should have had one tough game, they had two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU lost by 1 to Eagle Stix and M&D this fall but took care of Hero's in the Championship. If anything, you could add in M&D to the conversation of the Top 4. MDU has some top players in the age group, especially the 1. However to say the best in the 2028s is all opinion.

Top 5 from this point of view:

Eagle Stix
Coppermine
MDU
M&D
Hero's/YJ (both have some odd scores)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team holds the ball? I didnt see anyone holding the ball this fall . Most of the competitive games I saw were decided by 1-2 goals but I didnt think anyone held the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team holds the ball? I didnt see anyone holding the ball this fall . Most of the competitive games I saw were decided by 1-2 goals but I didnt think anyone held the ball.
M&D ran a slow offense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle Stix is notorious for this on offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets for the 2023 IL Women Indoor National Championships:

Arctic

LI Top Guns 2028 Black
Orange Crush 28
M&D 2028 Black
DEWLAX 2028

Atlantic

Yellow Jackets Rockland
Philly Blast 2028
PRIDE 2028 Red
M&D 2028 Red

Indian

Hero's 2028 Green
NXT LC 2028 Black
Crush 2028
M&D Shore 2028 Black

Pacific

CCLax 2028
HHH 2028
Coppermine 2028 Black
LI Jesters 2028 Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D will be fine- they just beat MDU last weekend. It seems that some teams just match up better than others. Heros has beaten M&D a couple of times recently but hasn't beaten MDU in a couple of years. Crush has beaten M&D and tied Coppermine not that long ago but can't seem to beat Heros or MDU. MDU struggles with M&D and hasn't beaten Coppermine in a long time. It is great for this age group to have so many teams that can win every weekend.

As a parent watching the game, if we have to lose I would prefer to watch a game where the team is fast and athletic and trying to score as opposed to one where they hold the ball as soon as they are up by one goal.

One thing you are forgetting is that coaches don't establish a game plan, nor execute a game plan for the purpose of pleasing the parents. Also, as a parent I primarily watch to see my child play. Granted I especially like to see her play well and to see her team win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arctic

LI Top Guns 2028 Black
Orange Crush 28
M&D 2028 Black
DEWLAX 2028

Atlantic

Yellow Jackets Rockland
Philly Blast 2028
PRIDE 2028 Red
M&D 2028 Red

Indian

Hero's 2028 Green
NXT LC 2028 Black
Crush 2028
M&D Shore 2028 Black

Pacific

CCLax 2028
HHH 2028
Coppermine 2028 Black
LI Jesters 2028 Black

M&D vs Coppermine on 1 side and Pride vs Hero's on the other side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arctic

LI Top Guns 2028 Black
Orange Crush 28
M&D 2028 Black
DEWLAX 2028

Atlantic

Yellow Jackets Rockland
Philly Blast 2028
PRIDE 2028 Red
M&D 2028 Red

Indian

Hero's 2028 Green
NXT LC 2028 Black
Crush 2028
M&D Shore 2028 Black

Pacific

CCLax 2028
HHH 2028
Coppermine 2028 Black
LI Jesters 2028 Black

M&D vs Coppermine on 1 side and Pride vs Hero's on the other side.
M&D v Coppermine Crush v Pride Crush V Coppermine Champ: Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Season comes to an end. Thoughts on Top 5/10 going into the Spring season?

Looks like some good games from Live Love Lax with Hero's going 3-0 but avoiding MDU. MDU losing to Aces and tying NXT? YJ Maget not showing well.

6 teams for NGLL this season and playoffs.

The big 4 and then Crush and Pride Red round out the top 6 for playoffs? Will Skywalkers challenge Pride for that last playoff spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Pride or Hoco Black as they already beat Skywalkers for the last playoff spot. Skywalkers may have lost a step or missing lots of players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Pride or Hoco Black as they already beat Skywalkers for the last playoff spot. Skywalkers may have lost a step or missing lots of players.

Hoco hasn't looked good at all this fall and lost some players. Skywalkers lost 2 of its best players to a top club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoco hasn't looked good this fall and lost some players. Skywalkers lost 2 of its best players to a top club.

Hoco will be worse than last year. What happened to the summer addition from skywalkers that made such a big difference for them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep an eye on the LI Jesters from the north. They lost to m&d and crush by 1. MDU beat them up but they looked good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep an eye on the LI Jesters from the north. They lost to m&d and crush by 1. MDU beat them up but they looked good.

Who???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL talk. With the playoff format expanding to 6 teams for the 28s, thoughts on Divisions, teams and predictions for the A bracket?

6 Playoff teams:

M&D
Coppermine
Hero's
MDU
Crush
Skywalkers (Pride could challenge based on schedule)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL talk. With the playoff format expanding to 6 teams for the 28s, thoughts on Divisions, teams and predictions for the A bracket?

6 Playoff teams:

M&D
Coppermine
Hero's
MDU
Crush

CC lax comes up from B as the B division winner. I doubt anyone will go down, although some should. Didn't see Limelight at any fall tournaments. They were in A last year, and shouldn't have been. Not sure if they will try to move down or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 Playoff teams:

M&D
Coppermine
Hero's
MDU
Crush

CC lax comes up from B as the B division winner. I doubt anyone will go down, although some should. Didn't see Limelight at any fall tournaments. They were in A last year, and shouldn't have been. Not sure if they will try to move down or not.

CC Lax, Pride Red, and SkyWalkers will compete for that 6th play-off spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 Playoff teams:

M&D
Coppermine
Hero's
MDU
Crush

Looks like Limelight was at Mid Atlantic and got crushed by 2 High level B teams.

No chance CC lax comes close to a playoff spot.

A teams from last season:

M&D
Hero's
Coppermine
MDU
Crush
Pride Red
Stars Light Blue
Next Level
Skywalkers Blue
HoCo Black
Limelight
FCA

Of those 12 A teams, CC Lax would get wins against Limelight and Stars. Maybe 1 or 2 more wins against HoCo or FCA but 2-6 or 3-5 depending on how easy their schedule is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not judging from the score, they did not "look good".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expect 15-16 teams in the A bracket. It will be very watered down and schedule will play a big part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 Playoff teams:

M&D
Coppermine
Hero's
MDU
Crush

Looks like Limelight was at Mid Atlantic and got crushed by 2 High level B teams.

No chance CC lax comes close to a playoff spot.

A teams from last season:

M&D
Hero's
Coppermine
MDU
Crush
Pride Red
Stars Light Blue
Next Level
Skywalkers Blue
HoCo Black
Limelight
FCA

Of those 12 A teams, CC Lax would get wins against Limelight and Stars. Maybe 1 or 2 more wins against HoCo or FCA but 2-6 or 3-5 depending on how easy their schedule is.

CC lax is in for a shock of competition in A. I know they expect to be competitive, but their fall scores suggest otherwise. Limelight and Stars are their only 2 guaranteed wins. They could beat NL and Hoco as well, but that is not automatic. They lost to Heros White in a fall toruney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside the big four, and Crush at 5, has had their moments, there is a big drop off in play. Lots of those teams can beat each other.
Of course CCLAx will come in and struggle, its a totally different level, as did the CCLax 2027 team stuggle in NGLL last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside the big four, and Crush at 5, has had their moments, there is a big drop off in play. Lots of those teams can beat each other.
Of course CCLAx will come in and struggle, its a totally different level, as did the CCLax 2027 team stuggle in NGLL last year.

Yes, even Crush is not on the same level as the big 4. CC lax will quickly find out what it's like to play in A. Not sure how A would grow to 16 teams unless teams like Renegades, Integrity, Hero's White move up to A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, even Crush is not on the same level as the big 4. CC lax will quickly find out what it's like to play in A. Not sure how A would grow to 16 teams unless teams like Renegades, Integrity, Hero's White move up to A.

I think clubs (and their parents) like to advertise they play in the A division of NGLL. If enough lower A/B teams register for the A division (and based on previous years there has been 16), then the lower A/B teams will only have to play 2-3 games against the very top teams and can play mostly competitive games against each other. It is not as much fun/helpful for the top teams to play so many blow out games, but they have the NGLL playoffs and the whole month of June to play each other over and over again in the tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 teams in A means:

M&D,
Coppermine,
Heros,
MDU
Crush
Pride
Skywalkers
Next Level
Hoco Black
FCA
CC Lax
Stars
Limelight

Plus 3 more???
Heros White, Pride White, Coppermine Blue and Integrity were the only other teams in the B division with winning records. I can't imagine a team that didn't even have a winning record in the B division moving up to A. And I don't see Pride or Coppermine subjecting their B teams to A level competition instead of letting them have success in the B bracket. Heros white is the next logial choice to fill a spot after CC lax ( they could probably beat stars and limelight) ,but not sure who claims the last 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares! Just let these brackets be what they will be. The top teams play each other consistently and it must get old. Maybe during, not so called tough games, you should sub in your bench with girls that don’t play as much, who pay much. Or should you just blow teams out to prove your point. This is the year major growth happens with this age group, you might be pleasantly surprised not so predictable as years past. Grow the game, don’t be so BadPerson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares! Just let these brackets be what they will be. The top teams play each other consistently and it must get old. Maybe during, not so called tough games, you should sub in your bench with girls that don’t play as much, who pay much. Or should you just blow teams out to prove your point. This is the year major growth happens with this age group, you might be pleasantly surprised not so predictable as years past. Grow the game, don’t be so BadPerson.

Why are you so mad? I think people were just having fun talking about the brackets because there's nothing else to talk about...not complaining. In fact, two posts up someone made the point that most of the teams will be competitive with each other with the possible exception of the 1-2 games they play against top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for such a positive and insightful post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone post the team rankings within each program? As an example I am confused whether M&D Black is rated higher than red, etc. Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone post the team rankings within each program? As an example I am confused whether M&D Black is rated higher than red, etc. Thanks in advance.

M&D:
A team: Black
B team: red

HEROS:
A team: Green
B team: white

Coppermine
A team black
B team blue

Skywalkers:
A team Blue
B team white

Hoco
A team: Black
B team pink

Pride:
A team Red
B team white

Stars:
A team light blue
B team Navy

MDU and CRUSH only have 1 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU
A team East
B team West

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU
A team East
B team West

But isn't that based on Geography as much as talent? MDU West isn't trying to be the B team, they jusy don't have the talent yet? When you try out for MDU East, if you don't make it do they offer you a spot on West?
If you don't make M and D, they don't offer you a spot on M and D shore.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard