BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 79 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just think that when teams travel out of state, they tend to bring full rosters. Yesterday at the 2028 and 2029 levels at least most of the local squads were all missing 5 girls each and bringing up girls from their B squads vs. teams like Eagle Stix having rosters of 20.

As usual there are different ways of interpreting raw data. Eagle Stix carries 20 girls (I am taking your word for this) and based on what I observed in their game with Coppermine the Eagle Stix coach played all of the girls for a substantial time. The effect is that often the team had 2nd or 3rd string girls playing against Coppermine’s 1st string team.

How many girls are on the rosters of Coppermine, M&D, Hero’s, etc?

23, 19, & 22 respectively

Thank you for the numbers of players. If Coppermine has 23 players and only 10 show up for tournament games, then Coppermine is a poorly run program. It's supporters should stop with the excuses and living in a dream world. If I were a parent of a Coppermine player that shows up for games I would be asking some serious quetions about the leadership of the program.

Also, someone said the Coppermine team had no players to substitute and its girls were tired. Why didn't the coach design a game plan that would slow the game down to accommodate the tired players? I watched the game against Eagle Stix and Coppermine was playing a fast paced offence.

What team were you there for since you keep talking about how you watched the Eagle Stix Coppermine game? Maybe 1 too many Orange Crushes? Focus on your own program and not another club that you aren't involved with.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just think that when teams travel out of state, they tend to bring full rosters. Yesterday at the 2028 and 2029 levels at least most of the local squads were all missing 5 girls each and bringing up girls from their B squads vs. teams like Eagle Stix having rosters of 20.

As usual there are different ways of interpreting raw data. Eagle Stix carries 20 girls (I am taking your word for this) and based on what I observed in their game with Coppermine the Eagle Stix coach played all of the girls for a substantial time. The effect is that often the team had 2nd or 3rd string girls playing against Coppermine’s 1st string team.

It looked like M&D, Heros and MDU had full squads and Crush always has a small roster with 4 subs. A parent can correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think any of the top teams were missing any of their top players. SW was at a different location and I was really surprised they lost to HOCO- anyone know of they were missing top players?

On a different note I noticed these last two weekends that all of the top teams aside from Heros looks to have really stopped their midfield rotations. All of the other teams ( even M&D who used to rotate two lines evenly) have 2 (or 3) midfielders playing the majority of the game and then a couple that rotate and get minimal minutes. I would have thought this would have trended the opposite direction as the girls get older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In your opinion, what's the ideal length for these lacrosse games? Two 19 minute running clock halves is ridiculous. Why not have a standard length for all these tournaments!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looked like M&D, Heros and MDU had full squads and Crush always has a small roster with 4 subs. A parent can correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think any of the top teams were missing any of their top players. SW was at a different location and I was really surprised they lost to HOCO- anyone know of they were missing top players?

On a different note I noticed these last two weekends that all of the top teams aside from Heros looks to have really stopped their midfield rotations. All of the other teams ( even M&D who used to rotate two lines evenly) have 2 (or 3) midfielders playing the majority of the game and then a couple that rotate and get minimal minutes. I would have thought this would have trended the opposite direction as the girls get older.

Hasn't Coppermine and MDU always had 1-2 midfielders who play most of the game? I notice Coppermine often switches girls from mid to D or mid to attack with a small handful who always play mid. For M&D, most likely due to them not currently having that many dedicated midfielders (small # to begin with and one is injured). To the point many have made, I think it's pretty hard to draw conclusions about teams based on the fall. All are still figuring things out with their new squads and with anywhere from 1 or 2 to I guess 10 girls missing for some teams, there's probably some improvising going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for the numbers of players. If Coppermine has 23 players and only 10 show up for tournament games, then Coppermine is a poorly run program. It's supporters should stop with the excuses and living in a dream world. If I were a parent of a Coppermine player that shows up for games I would be asking some serious quetions about the leadership of the program.

Also, someone said the Coppermine team had no players to substitute and its girls were tired. Why didn't the coach design a game plan that would slow the game down to accommodate the tired players? I watched the game against Eagle Stix and Coppermine was playing a fast paced offence.

What team were you there for since you keep talking about how you watched the Eagle Stix Coppermine game? Maybe 1 too many Orange Crushes? Focus on your own program and not another club that you aren't involved with.

I wasn't there to watch one particular team and I don't have a daughter playing club lacrosse. I came to watch the better rated teams play to learn more so that when my 5 year old is ready to play, I will be ready to help. The Coppermine vs Eagle Stix game matched two of the best 2028 club teams.

However, my comments were primarily responses to someone (you?) complaining about their team being at a disadvantage instead of owning up to the reality that it was beat by a better team. Whining and deflecting (i.e., focus on your own program) are not winning strategies and I only hope you are strictly a parent and not a representative in some capacity to your own team (Coppermine I would guess).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something will have to give during the high school years. Elite soccer clubs force girls to commit to soccer only and Fall lax matters during the recruiting years. Girls trying to play lax in college will not want to be on a team where a significant amount of girls don’t show up or they don’t play in a top tournament (like next weekend) due to girls missing for other sports. Coppermine doesn’t have a long history of strong recruiting so they can’t afford to miss those top events. I hope they figure it out because I think the parity of the top teams in this age group is good for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something will have to give during the high school years. Elite soccer clubs force girls to commit to soccer only and Fall lax matters during the recruiting years. Girls trying to play lax in college will not want to be on a team where a significant amount of girls don’t show up or they don’t play in a top tournament (like next weekend) due to girls missing for other sports. Coppermine doesn’t have a long history of strong recruiting so they can’t afford to miss those top events. I hope they figure it out because I think the parity of the top teams in this age group is good for everyone.

Good comment! I think children should be exposed to a variety of sports if they are so inclined. Children develop differently, e.g. some faster and some slower, some stop progressing and some accelerate their development, etc. Also, their interests change as they get older. At some point most have to ultimately focus on a single sport if they wish to play in college and beyond. It is extremely rare that an athlete is able to play more than one sport in college. Eventually they will likely have to choose, but I think it is better for younger children to have various athletic experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine was not playing their 1st string squad. They were playing whoever was able to play in that game. Several starters were not there.
As usual, the outcome will be interpreted in favor of whomever is providing their opinion. (insert eyeroll)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine was not playing their 1st string squad. They were playing whoever was able to play in that game. Several starters were not there.
As usual, the outcome will be interpreted in favor of whomever is providing their opinion. (insert eyeroll)

The outcome is not subject to interpretation. The outcome is that they lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 5 teams will trade wins and loses throughout the years. They are all very good teams with some amazing players, and their performances will fluctuate because they are 12 and 13 year old girls. M&D, MDU, Eaglestix, and Coppermine have all had 1 or 2 goal games with eachother and will continue to challenge eachother throughout the next several seasons. They are all different teams with different game play styles and make up of athletes. Some days the athleticism will win and some days the methodical lacrosse and team- play style will win. Regardless they all get better every time they play eachother.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the National fall lax fest organizers had their act in gear, then Eaglestix and Coppermine would have played eachother in the finals of that event too and this ridiculous debate wouldn't even have to exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The outcome is Coppermine ALWAYS has excuses for when they lose. All teams deal with injuries, missing players to other sports, illness. Deal with it like the rest of the clubs do, game plan and strategize on how to win with having those missing players. Congrats to ES for the win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't there to watch one particular team and I don't have a daughter playing club lacrosse. I came to watch the better rated teams play to learn more so that when my 5 year old is ready to play, I will be ready to help. The Coppermine vs Eagle Stix game matched two of the best 2028 club teams.

However, my comments were primarily responses to someone (you?) complaining about their team being at a disadvantage instead of owning up to the reality that it was beat by a better team. Whining and deflecting (i.e., focus on your own program) are not winning strategies and I only hope you are strictly a parent and not a representative in some capacity to your own team (Coppermine I would guess).

Starting them young and perfect match for Hero's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are don’t have a child in club lax yet, and this is your attitude, you are going to be sorely disappointed. All the top teams in MD encourage multiple sports, especially in elementary and middle schools. They only ask that lax be first in spring and summer. This is why fall ball really doesn’t mean anything, as most teams are usually missing several players.

Glad you won’t be a parent on my daughters team with this attitude already. You should look into Hero’s, you would fit in nicely there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls are not getting recruited in middle school. So at this point in time, it doesn’t really matter. If they want to play lax in college, I am sure that they will be at the recruiting tournaments. To act like missing players due to other sports in the fall is solely a Coppermine issue is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls are not getting recruited in middle school. So at this point in time, it doesn’t really matter. If they want to play lax in college, I am sure that they will be at the recruiting tournaments. To act like missing players due to other sports in the fall is solely a Coppermine issue is ridiculous.

Not solely a Coppermine issue but impacts Coppermine the most. No other top teams had 0 subs last weekend or are skipping Mid Atlantic or playing in the 3rd division of Live Love Lax due to other sports. And no one said they are getting recruited in middle school they said in high school something will have to give and their team might look very different or girls leave for other lax clubs because of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are don’t have a child in club lax yet, and this is your attitude, you are going to be sorely disappointed. All the top teams in MD encourage multiple sports, especially in elementary and middle schools. They only ask that lax be first in spring and summer. This is why fall ball really doesn’t mean anything, as most teams are usually missing several players.

Glad you won’t be a parent on my daughters team with this attitude already. You should look into Hero’s, you would fit in nicely there.

Do you ever say anything other than complain about other programs, e.g. Hero's, and make excuses for your team's failure? I am glad most parents I meet at the tournaments and commenters on this blog are less biased and speak openly and honestly about their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not solely a Coppermine issue but impacts Coppermine the most. No other top teams had 0 subs last weekend or are skipping Mid Atlantic or playing in the 3rd division of Live Love Lax due to other sports. And no one said they are getting recruited in middle school they said in high school something will have to give and their team might look very different or girls leave for other lax clubs because of it.

Why does it matter and how does it impact you or others on here? Looking at their record and tournaments so far this fall, they seem to be doing very well. Spring season is when things matter, time to move on already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Change of subject - predictions for Midatlantic?? What happened to Skywalkers last week? Were they missing girls. They have some tough competition this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In your opinion, what's the ideal length for these lacrosse games? Two 19 minute running clock halves is ridiculous. Why not have a standard length for all these tournaments!

Call the director up and tell them how to run a great tournament!! You have all the answers. They play 15 minute quarters now and some high schools play their top kids the entire time!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Change of subject - predictions for Midatlantic?? What happened to Skywalkers last week? Were they missing girls. They have some tough competition this week.

Not midatlantic related, but eagle stix does have its final test this weekend at lax for the cure. They play YJ Maget. That will be a good fall for them playing M&D, MDU, Coppermine, YJ Maget, and Aces. They have definitely been battle tested. They don't have the spring competition that we have here in NGLL, but one of us will be seeing them in North Carolina.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not midatlantic related, but eagle stix does have its final test this weekend at lax for the cure. They play YJ Maget. That will be a good fall for them playing M&D, MDU, Coppermine, YJ Maget, and Aces. They have definitely been battle tested. They don't have the spring competition that we have here in NGLL, but one of us will be seeing them in North Carolina.

With all due respect to them, if they haven't improved from last year, YJ would probably lose to all the teams you just listed so I think that Eagle Stix will definitely walk away with it. They're a very solid team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all due respect to them, if they haven't improved from last year, YJ would probably lose to all the teams you just listed so I think that Eagle Stix will definitely walk away with it. They're a very solid team.

Agree with this, Eagle Stix should easily roll over YJ Maget this weekend. I'd be shocked if its less than a 6 goal differential. Eagle Stix looks to be the # 1 until Spring time with Coppermine a close # 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will they cancel the games tomorrow because of field conditions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Rain stops today. If anything, start times may be delayed and games may be shortened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Rain stops today. If anything, start times may be delayed and games may be shortened.

M&D should be the favorite to come out on top for Mid Atlantic. With No Eagle Stix, YJ or Coppermine there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D should be the favorite to come out on top for Mid Atlantic. With No Eagle Stix, YJ or Coppermine there.

No crush either. M and D should definitely come out of this with a relatively easy championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No crush either. M and D should definitely come out of this with a relatively easy championship.

Heros and Aces did not come out of last weekend looking great, but I would not count them out. Not sure about Aces but this was Heros first tournament so they most likely learned lessons and made adjustments. Aside from the Eaglestix games, they only lost the other two games by 2 and 1 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros and Aces did not come out of last weekend looking great, but I would not count them out. Not sure about Aces but this was Heros first tournament so they most likely learned lessons and made adjustments. Aside from the Eaglestix games, they only lost the other two games by 2 and 1 goals.

Aces has a long way ahead as they weren't competitive.

Hero's is still far behind M&D, MDU and Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why no Coppermine at MidAtlantic? As a top team, that must mean they are playing at Lax for the Cure instead?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice take

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the latest schedule with changes. Most of the top teams have one tough game, except for M n D, only team with two tough games. Looks like a nice set up for MD United.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why no Coppermine at MidAtlantic? As a top team, that must mean they are playing at Lax for the Cure instead?

Coppermine looks to be at LLL next weekend in DE. A friend who’s daughter is there on a different age group said he wondered if it was because in past years there were conflicts with soccer and the Fallstons Cup. He didn’t know for sure but personally thought that have been the reason for this years change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many spend so much time on here talking about coppermine. Let them do what they want to do. They can enter the tournaments they want under any team name they want. Who really cares about coppermine as a club? Their 28 team is very good, but who really cares about coppermine lacrosse club? No one outside of the 28s. Give the 28s their due but who cares if they have one good team. Let them be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many spend so much time on here talking about coppermine. Let them do what they want to do. They can enter the tournaments they want under any team name they want. Who really cares about coppermine as a club? Their 28 team is very good, but who really cares about coppermine lacrosse club? No one outside of the 28s. Give the 28s their due but who cares if they have one good team. Let them be happy.

Well said Hero's mom!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol Copp 2029 & 2030 are solid but detest on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must [Censored] losing to a club that is so subpar on a regular basis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to MDU on the win at Mid Atlantic. They are in the top 3 conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They definitely have the fire power to keep up with anyone on the scoreboard

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 79 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 78 79
Quick Reply