BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 116 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wonder why she changed HS knowing that she had already committed to UNC. Although there is already an M&D 2024 player at McDonogh.

She needs to play in a more competitive environment to stay sharp and ready for college. Even though she is coaches daughter she needs better real-time playing. I doubt she was getting that playing in the high school league in Chapel Hill.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: I have a freshman and we are considering doing some prospect days/camps. Are there ones that are “better” or more worth it or should we just look at the list of coaches coming and decide from there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top IAAM freshman, that can make an impact in the spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say none, but by default, maybe the MCD goalie, since they don't have a goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say none, but by default, maybe the MCD goalie, since they don't have a goalie.

How does McD have no other goalie besides an incoming freshman(meaning how did they not recruit one or have one)? Do they still only have one?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does McD have no other goalie besides an incoming freshman(meaning how did they not recruit one or have one)? Do they still only have one?

They have other goalies, not sure what this person is talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one get recruited by these private schools? Do the coaches attend middle school tournaments/NGLL games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one get recruited by these private schools? Do the coaches attend middle school tournaments/NGLL games?

They usually work directly with your club coach/director, but in my experience, certain clubs have relationships with certain club teams.

Some coaches will go to a practice or game for sure.

If you are in 7th grade, wouldn't hurt to reach out to the coach via email as well and express interest and ask about any clinics, open houses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the coaches attend MS tournaments. This relies on them finding your son/daughter in a large group of kids. There is a better way, if you are considering sending your child to a private school.

Best way to get on their radar is to reach out to them via the admissions office at your choice(s) of schools. You can tell admissions (and the coach) about your child, what you are looking for in a school, and set up a visit day. Expect to talk about your family, your work, the cost of the school and whether you will be applying for financial aid (all schools give it, and the average % of the student body receiving some level of help is around 40% at most schools).

Following the visit (one or two hours) you can book a shadow day, which allows your child to attend a full day of classes with the class he/she would be joining. You can arrange for a meeting with the coach during that day - for your child, not for you. If you are looking at Upper Schools, the coaches will expect your child to be able to articulate why he or she wants to attend the school, goals, aspirations, GPA, athletics, arts, hobbies, etc.

Good luck. It is a major investment in your child's future, and I highly recommend at least having a look at the local private schools. Our experience has been wonderful (two kids, M/F, both in HS now, started in preschool at local private).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are freshmen in the 2026 class who will make a huge impact in IAAM their first year. They are at McD, Maryvale and SPSG

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only two Freshman who were recruited to McD. A goalie and a midfielder. There is only one other goalie who played JV last year. Tons of other Middies and another #1 middie who was recruited as a Junior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only two Freshman who were recruited to McD. A goalie and a midfielder. There is only one other goalie who played JV last year. Tons of other Middies and another #1 middie who was recruited as a Junior.
Don't have to be "recruited" to make an impact. There may only be 2 freshman at McD who recruited to come to McD, but they have well over 7 high level 2026 players at McD. They will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, McDonogh will be fine. A few will make Varsity, not all…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing will happen with the 26s at MCD, that happened to the 25s at MCD. They will play sparingly, maybe 5 mins each game. Taylor comes from the Cathy Reese school of substitutions. Rarely any changes, except in blowouts in the 4th quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one of the 25’s played a few more minutes than the rest. They are all mostly middies and with the new Junior coming in, that me be limited even more. Who will be the draw person as their starter graduated. Only other draw girl played a few minutes here and there as well…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh is just another IAAM program now. The days of the best of the best playing for them are long gone. SPSG is the team of the new decade. I suspect Maryvale will be the new Cinderella team now that GCS is finished.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I urge you to speak to former players from Mcd. They will give you an honest assessment of TC as a coach. Do not rely on the opinions of the top 1/2 players. Talk to players from 3 on down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing will happen with the 26s at MCD, that happened to the 25s at MCD. They will play sparingly, maybe 5 mins each game. Taylor comes from the Cathy Reese school of substitutions. Rarely any changes, except in blowouts in the 4th quarter.
TC does not develop players and treats most as unwrothy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard she is indifferent to non starters. When is she ever going to coach a college team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you want girls names put in an online forum. This question is ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Why would you want girls names put in an online forum. This question is ridiculous

I think someone was hoping their daughter would get mentioned...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% ridiculous to ask this question!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard she is indifferent to non starters. When is she ever going to coach a college team?

Being indifferent to 90% of the team would be a step up. Again before anyone goes to the team speak to graduated players for an honest assessment of the program. Current players are concerned about her influence with college coaches. Many of them were her teammates on US and professional teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

the goalie because she is the one of two scholarships, right dad?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. So many haters on a goalie. The goalie doesn’t need a BOTC mention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked the question, I don't have a HS kid.

I didn't ask for specific names, I was more looking for McD Goalie from M&D black or SPSG attack from Hero's, etc.

Purpose was that I have a middle school kid, I was looking to see which teams may be up and coming when/if she goes to IAAM school.
All I have is the standings to go from.

I keep hearing certain schools are trending down, others got new group of underclassman, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stay in the 2026 thread, where you got reprimanded troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't ask for specific names, I was more looking for McD Goalie from M&D black or SPSG attack from Hero's, etc.

Purpose was that I have a middle school kid, I was looking to see which teams may be up and coming when/if she goes to IAAM school.

I keep hearing certain schools are trending down, others got new group of underclassman, etc.

The only 9th grade player from Heros Green at SPSG plays defense. The defense at SPSG should be solid for years to come with her and 2 defenders from M&D Black. A more productive way of asking the question, without singling anyone out, would be to ask how many 9th graders at each school play for Heros Green, M&D Black or SW Blue. That would be a good indicator. There are other factors on top of that, like a top player from Integrity or NEMS, in the mix as well. And if a program recently changed staff and a school allowing that staff to recruit harder than in the past (Maryvale).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only 9th grade player from Heros Green at SPSG plays defense. The defense at SPSG should be solid for years to come with her and 2 defenders from M&D Black. A more productive way of asking the question, without singling anyone out, would be to ask how many 9th graders at each school play for Heros Green, M&D Black or SW Blue. That would be a good indicator. There are other factors on top of that, like a top player from Integrity or NEMS, in the mix as well. And if a program recently changed staff and a school allowing that staff to recruit harder than in the past (Maryvale).

May not be perfect but based on the public club rosters:

Total HG/SWB/MNDB freshmen at each school-
McD: 9
Maryvale: 5
Severn: 5
SPSG: 4
NDP: 4
RPCS: 3
GCS: 2
Spalding: 2
St. Mary's: 2
BMS: 1

Didn't bother counting for JC, GFS, Gerstell, MdS or Mercy. JC could be the outlier of that group with a couple SWB players and probably some from NEMS too.

It would be silly to form an opinion solely on this statistic but the question was asked. If you had to guess who will be trending down in the next few years based on this limited information, you can bet on BMS, GCS and Spalding. Holding or trending up should be McD, SPSG, Maryvale and Severn. NDP and RPCS are more likely to trend down since they have no freshmen from HG or MNDB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, thank you pulling that together, it is hopeful.

And obviously there are some great players not on those three clubs you mentioned but speaking in generalities it makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you think it is ridiculous to questions why people wouldn't want 14 year old freshman girls singled out by name on an internet forum - then state your name, your daughter's and what club/HS she plays for. I bet you won't want you names on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, there are no other returning varsity level goalies returning. If the incoming freshman is remotely half decent, she will start this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you think it is ridiculous to questions why people wouldn't want 14 year old freshman girls singled out by name on an internet forum - then state your name, your daughter's and what club/HS she plays for. I bet you won't want you names on here
Hey Einstein, they meant it is ridiculous to ask the original question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think it would be hard to get on the field at SPGS as a fresh. With the exception of the goalie at McD - is there another player who could realistically get any PT? Will the MP coach will play his kid deserving or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think it would be hard to get on the field at SPGS as a fresh. With the exception of the goalie at McD - is there another player who could realistically get any PT? Will the MP coach will play his kid deserving or not?
If you are asking that last question, you have never seen her play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know where the 26s went. Not sure that is as impactful of a class (as freshman) as people want to believe. Hard to make an impact against girls who could be legitimately 4-5 years older.

Will be interesting to see where all the 27s are going too. Who is bringing in the best freshman class? Does SPSG keep the train rolling or can someone else knock them off their throne?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know where the 26s went. Not sure that is as impactful of a class (as freshman) as people want to believe. Hard to make an impact against girls who could be legitimately 4-5 years older.

Will be interesting to see where all the 27s are going too. Who is bringing in the best freshman class? Does SPSG keep the train rolling or can someone else knock them off their throne?

Spsg will stay at top. They have the titles and top coach. 10-12 kids jumping on the train!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't see any school competing with SPGS in the coming years. The school next door is even using a college coach to help with recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Spsg will stay at top. They have the titles and top coach. 10-12 kids jumping on the train"

100%. DC will take us to another level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Spsg will stay at top. They have the titles and top coach. 10-12 kids jumping on the train"

100%. DC will take us to another level.

And all Spsg will get invites to his events and special attention. How many spsg girls have been recruited and played at top schools again?

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 116 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard