BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 74 of 220 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah. Seems to me that white feeds black and purple is stagnant. Another person stated something similar how whites move right to black. This is a little bizarre but maybe great strategy. Or tryouts are just to register kids and not for placement which maybe happens after seeing them perform during tourney season. Don't know. Just guessing but you are right on about the new talent

Incorrect. 2017 Purple will have many changes this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts were a farce. Politics play big role...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was happy with the tryouts and the team that my daughter made.

If you are not happy, go to another team or start your own team / club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. Seems to me that white feeds black and purple is stagnant. Another person stated something similar how whites move right to black. This is a little bizarre but maybe great strategy. Or tryouts are just to register kids and not for placement which maybe happens after seeing them perform during tourney season. Don't know. Just guessing but you are right on about the new talent

IF the new girls accept the spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 tied Skywalkers A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Honest Bottom Line YJ 2017 Blue 1 one of the best teams around. good talent athletic girls, plenty of instruction. This does not mean another LI team can not beat them on any given day, but they are consistent. Next YJ teams and TG teams are in the mix with each other. There has been movement on the TG 17 purple team and as for placement on white. If you were at the tryout you should agree there was not a single girl who shinned above the masses. So if a program is willing to look at a girls play during the season and move them thats what every parent should want. This is instead of the alternative of determining fate based on 2 hour tryout. I personally know a good player (new) placed on white that didn't stand as she could out but the general athleticism and talent was obviously noted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IF the new girls accept the spots.

There will be changes on purple. Already know of a few accepting the offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your daughter didn't make it. Hopefully, she'll enjoy YJ 3rd or 4th team. There are some good players and coaches there too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate is all girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxmax1
Is it worth it to play on the 2017 white team for the Top Guns? Or should a girl play on a "lesser" club's A or B team? Is there any movement potential between white, purple or black?

I think you should have her tryout for other clubs, Elevate is a great team.

Agree, 2017 hasn't been a particularly strong age for TG, can't imagine a 3rd team would be very competitive. I'd look for a one or two somewhere else and try-out again next year and see if I can land on #1 or #2.

Not sure what you consider strong, but 2017 Black only lost 3 games all season. Lost to M&D 8-5 (competitive game), Skywalkers B 6-5 (competitive game) and Elevate, which they then went on to beat in another tournament. I would say pretty strong team.

Thanks for the clarification. We were wondering how they did this past summer. They
may not be the best, but I'd say that's a pretty good season. Good for them!

This seems just like all the age groups in the TG club, competitive but usually a step behind M&D and Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what I saw at tryouts, and what I've heard, so far, the white team has a chance to be very solid, if the strong players accept. If your daughter was picked for white, and you're not sure what to do, I suggest you give BS a call, and talk to him about the team, and let him know your concerns or questions. I think he'll be honest with you, and might help you make a decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls were moved from black to purple?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your daughter didn't make it. Hopefully, she'll enjoy YJ 3rd or 4th team. There are some good players and coaches there too.
Lets be honest in the 2 "big" clubs politics has a huge role in team selection, if your the obnoxious parent saying it's sour grapes and try another team, your probably the one with your head the furthest up the coordinators a#$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think if there are questions regarding the White team. Which there is, it would speak volumes for BS to call the top girls and make sure their families understand what they are trying to do.

Based on what I saw at tryouts, and what I've heard, so far, the white team has a chance to be very solid, if the strong players accept. If your daughter was picked for white, and you're not sure what to do, I suggest you give BS a call, and talk to him about the team, and let him know your concerns or questions. I think he'll be honest with you, and might help you make a decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets be honest in the 2 "big" clubs politics has a huge role in team selection, if your the obnoxious parent saying it's sour grapes and try another team, your probably the one with your head the furthest up the coordinators a#$

Politics in every club, not just the 2 big programs. If you know that, then you shouldn't have been surprised...the top players are immune to the politics. It's the borderline ones who are affected most, just like in real life, outside of lacrosse...what do you expect people to say, when you say tryouts were a farce? Of course they'll say sour grapes, and go try another team...most who don't make the team they wanted do go to YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a lot of this sounds like the re-naming of the YJ teams a few years back smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious at the 2019 level that 2 of the fathers are very friendly with the owners and pushed to get their town kids on the Black team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious at the 2019 level that 2 of the fathers are very friendly with the owners and pushed to get their town kids on the Black team.

Seems like the 3V kids get the benefit of the doubt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waaaaahhh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town would that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone realize that these are 12 year old girls who want to play lacrosee. They come to tryouts and do their best. The evaluators score them and decisions are made.
It is so obtuse and in such ill faith that PARENTS come on this site and try to detract from the validity of the tryouts and the talent, skill sets, and character of these girls by making it about politics or towns or tearing down the skills of particular girls.
Top Guns is trying to build a program and a brand. They have come very far in 4 short years and the U15 win added a great deal of credibility to the program and the direction it is going. Hats off to Shannon and her family and all the coaches.
Please do not turn these threads into a divisive forum that attacks certain towns or the girls.
Please take the high road and support the club you make the check out to and stay together as a Top Guns Unit. Resist the urge to demonstrate the bickering, hating, or jealousies of other clubs. Be a class act, the play on the field will speak for itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On 2019 too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really because there were 3V girls at 2019 tryout that did not make either Black or Purple...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the white 2017 team is going to be very strong. As a high school boys varsity coach I was at tryouts with my daughter. I could not believe the large turnout of new players. They were very athletic. Lets face it , 9 th grade is when it starts to matter so that is why all these girls who probably have played multiple sports now have to decide to choose, so they show up at tryouts. There were so many strong players B.S. had to make another team. There's no way he could of turned down all the new talent. If you are concerned that this team is going to be the weak link , don't be . My daughter who has been a varsity lax player since 8 th grade made the purple team & I asked for her to be put on white. New team with new talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you speaking about 19 black and 3v?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, TG Black 2017 lost by 1 then got crushed at The Grind by the same Skywalker Blue 2017 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, TG Black 2017 lost by 1 then got crushed at The Grind by the same Skywalker Blue 2017 team.

Skywalkers 2017 Blue was probably only the 4th best 2017 team in MD. M&D, Hero's and TLC were all better last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone realize that these are 12 year old girls who want to play lacrosee. They come to tryouts and do their best. The evaluators score them and decisions are made.
It is so obtuse and in such ill faith that PARENTS come on this site and try to detract from the validity of the tryouts and the talent, skill sets, and character of these girls by making it about politics or towns or tearing down the skills of particular girls.
Top Guns is trying to build a program and a brand. They have come very far in 4 short years and the U15 win added a great deal of credibility to the program and the direction it is going. Hats off to Shannon and her family and all the coaches.
Please do not turn these threads into a divisive forum that attacks certain towns or the girls.
Please take the high road and support the club you make the check out to and stay together as a Top Guns Unit. Resist the urge to demonstrate the bickering, hating, or jealousies of other clubs. Be a class act, the play on the field will speak for itself.

So says the 3V parent. Stop acting as if TG is not full of politics as are most travel sports clubs.Surprised you did not sign your name to gain brownie points .In a perfect world the kids ability would be the only thing that determines what team they play on but sadly this is not the case.Stop being delusional with the 2017 white team being very strong, the black team is good but not near the top .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the white 2017 team is going to be very strong. As a high school boys varsity coach I was at tryouts with my daughter. I could not believe the large turnout of new players. They were very athletic. Lets face it , 9 th grade is when it starts to matter so that is why all these girls who probably have played multiple sports now have to decide to choose, so they show up at tryouts. There were so many strong players B.S. had to make another team. There's no way he could of turned down all the new talent. If you are concerned that this team is going to be the weak link , don't be . My daughter who has been a varsity lax player since 8 th grade made the purple team & I asked for her to be put on white. New team with new talent.

Going by last year and the first age group to expand to white, they do spread the talent out well, what may seem like politics to some may actually be a part of the plan to keep a reasonable amount of talent spread throughout the teams instead of leaving the purple and white teams for dead. Taking my kid out of this equation, there are many players who would be obvious candidates to move a team up or a team down, while politics may come into play, this seems a great way to deal with the load of kids who show up for tryouts. The first year or two the purple teams struggled hard, 2018 was the first age group to go to white and it turned out to be a decent team. I know you will see tons of the higher team parents on here crying about my next comment, black was barely better than purple who was barely better than white. For each step there was an increase in talent just as there should be, but again TG did a nice job of spreading the talent out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did BS say when you asked for her to be moved to white? Where did she play last summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going by last year and the first age group to expand to white, they do spread the talent out well, what may seem like politics to some may actually be a part of the plan to keep a reasonable amount of talent spread throughout the teams instead of leaving the purple and white teams for dead. Taking my kid out of this equation, there are many players who would be obvious candidates to move a team up or a team down, while politics may come into play, this seems a great way to deal with the load of kids who show up for tryouts. The first year or two the purple teams struggled hard, 2018 was the first age group to go to white and it turned out to be a decent team. I know you will see tons of the higher team parents on here crying about my next comment, black was barely better than purple who was barely better than white. For each step there was an increase in talent just as there should be, but again TG did a nice job of spreading the talent out.

Exactly...I'm sure that's what they're planning for 2017 too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hats off to you, you said it well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? Then why have a tryout. Black is black and that's that. The purple and white teams are not competitive, just money makers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? Then why have a tryout. Black is black and that's that. The purple and white teams are not competitive, just money makers.

Are you serious? Why have a tryout? That's how you get the best players on black, the next level players on purple & white, and cut the rest free to try somewhere else. As far as being competitive, it depends on who you're comparing them to. No, purple & white aren't black...nobody said they were. That had to be one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while. I guess it was just to stir things up....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. My daughter is on TG black and the purple team is probably a better team in her age bracket. I .find it very sad that some of the over the top parents feel that there kid has to be on black. Give me a break.!! My daughters friends play on YJ teams 3&4 and they both got 3/4 rides to D1 schools. So again it doesn't matter which team you end up on , be proud that your child made a team . They are all equally strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, common man, they are 13 going on 14. Don't think that black is the end all?........pleaseeeeee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I agree that the white 2017 team is going to be very strong. As a high school boys varsity coach I was at tryouts with my daughter. I could not believe the large turnout of new players. They were very athletic. Lets face it , 9 th grade is when it starts to matter so that is why all these girls who probably have played multiple sports now have to decide to choose, so they show up at tryouts. There were so many strong players B.S. had to make another team. There's no way he could of turned down all the new talent. If you are concerned that this team is going to be the weak link , don't be . My daughter who has been a varsity lax player since 8 th grade made the purple team & I asked for her to be put on white. New team with new talent. [/quo

You are a tool. Purple played tougher teams and had the same record as black, their loses were always within 3 goals. Try and keep track this year and get back to us next August. Until then, let thevgirls play, let the coaches coach and be nice. Niceness counts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not nor will they ever try to divide the talent on the teams equally. If you did that then the black team would not be competitive with other clubs top teams.Further it would not be fair to the better players who get put on purple or white.If you think college coaches do not care what team you play on because "they recruit individuals not teams" you would be misguided in that they are more likely to show interest in you when your resume says black player.I hope the white team is better than most other clubs 3 team but stop with the barely less than the black team, its just not the case. Have your kid work hard and they will eventually get moved up if the deserve it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not nor will they ever try to divide the talent on the teams equally. If you did that then the black team would not be competitive with other clubs top teams.Further it would not be fair to the better players who get put on purple or white.If you think college coaches do not care what team you play on because "they recruit individuals not teams" you would be misguided in that they are more likely to show interest in you when your resume says black player.I hope the white team is better than most other clubs 3 team but stop with the barely less than the black team, its just not the case. Have your kid work hard and they will eventually get moved up if the deserve it.

I don't remember anyone saying they divide the talent equally among all 3 teams, but if they did, that's incorrect. However, a few people, who seem to be involved in white and purple teams, correctly pointed out that the talent between white and purple may be similar. After they fill the black team, with whoever they think are the BEST players, they'll attempt to field two competitive teams, with purple and white. They're looking for an A, and two B's, not A, B, and C.

Like Reply Quote
Page 74 of 220 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard