BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 112 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Before the first countable games start, any predictions on final rankings at end of season. Here are mine.

1. M&D. -- #1 until someone can consistently beat them
2. Aces. -- could even be 1, definitely best offense in the country
3. Heros -- Even without any additions, solid at all positions
4. Steps Navy -- Remember this is the year Steps teams combine. Expect them to beat all the teams above them at one point in season. May be the best team in country by high school
5. Yellow Jackets -- beat NY team, but just not as athletic as other YJ teams
6. Madskillz -- the opposite of 5, darn they have speed
7. Eagle Stix -- Think they fall off a bit
8. FLG -- playing in all the big tourneys this year
9. Alliance CA -- rumor is they will play a full national schedule this year; they are that good
10. BLC -- Too many girls looking ahead to capital

Alliance is a National team, shouldn't be included in these rankings, IMO.

Was Steps equally split? Seemed White team was better each year, for them to get into Top-5 is something.

Agree with the Alliance ranking. Played them last year and they were good...not great. But it is a team of kids from different clubs. If you took M&D, Hero's and BLC top players and put them on one team, they would obliterate Alliance.

Rankings should be for Club teams...not coupled teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before the first countable games start, any predictions on final rankings at end of season. Here are mine.

4. Steps Navy -- Remember this is the year Steps teams combine. Expect them to beat all the teams above them at one point in season. May be the best team in country by high school
9. Alliance CA -- rumor is they will play a full national schedule this year; they are that good

Was Steps equally split? Seemed White team was better each year, for them to get into Top-5 is something.

Steps tries to split team relatively evenly, but one always ends up being a bit better. If you look at 27s last year blue probably had 4 of the top 6 players (including one of the best draw girls in the country). White was definitely better top to bottom including by far the best goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you draw the line then? All but 2 girls on Alliance are from southern california. (One from AZ and one from CO).

If you are only rating club teams from a tight geographic area, you shouldn't rate Aces, Eagle Stix, Madskillz, or Yellow Jackets either. (Or Skywalkers or Top Guns at older age groups)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Fall Fest

I could see four teams going undefeated -- M&D, Eagle Stix and M&D Shore (LBC), MD United. Wouldn't be surprised if Eagle Stix and MD United are odd teams out since they by far play the toughest schedules. Both M&Ds should breeze through all three games

M&D-- NEMS, Heros White, Integrity
Shore -- NEMS, Heros White, Renegades
MDU -- Heros White, Integrity, Coppermine
ES -- Coppermine, Pride, BLC

What is the first tie breaker if there are four teams undefeated? Only 2 advance. I assume goals against?

M&D has the best defense of all of teams so I would give them the nod.

ES best at draws, so I would have them next, they can control possesion, course BLC's game is grind it out, slow scoring so if they beat ES, I think they are in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could see four teams going undefeated -- M&D, Eagle Stix and M&D Shore (LBC), MD United. Wouldn't be surprised if Eagle Stix and MD United are odd teams out since they by far play the toughest schedules. Both M&Ds should breeze through all three games

What is the first tie breaker if there are four teams undefeated? Only 2 advance. I assume goals against?

ES best at draws, so I would have them next, they can control possesion, course BLC's game is grind it out, slow scoring so if they beat ES, I think they are in.

I think it's goals against. Not differential. So defense is the key. I'd be surprised if it wasn't M&D and BLC/Eagle winner out of the top bracket

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Shore will likely allow fewer goals than ES. ES is clearly better squad, but Pride and BLC will both score a fair amount. I'm not sure Shore gives up more than 4 goals in any game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you draw the line then? All but 2 girls on Alliance are from southern california. (One from AZ and one from CO).

If you are only rating club teams from a tight geographic area, you shouldn't rate Aces, Eagle Stix, Madskillz, or Yellow Jackets either. (Or Skywalkers or Top Guns at older age groups)

It’s not about geography, it’s about the fact that their players already play on other clubs, except for a few tournaments.

As someone pointed out, if you combined M&D Heros BLC kids, you’d roll everyone.

Simply put, I don’t think you should earn ranking playing in fewer than 20 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not about geography, it’s about the fact that their players already play on other clubs, except for a few tournaments.

As someone pointed out, if you combined M&D Heros BLC kids, you’d roll everyone.

Simply put, I don’t think you should earn ranking playing in fewer than 20 games.

Alliance will play a full fall schedule this year — a California tourney, mid Atlantic and sandstorm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the Mid-Atlantic would they play anyone in the top-30, right?

I assume Mid-Atlantic is summer as they aren't listed in Fall.

That's not going to get them to 20 games, again, they are nothing more than an All Star team of west coast kids and shouldn't be ranked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Assuming you would have a coach who could convince the team to share the ball. Anyone who watched the M&D/Heros team at AU Futures knows that just because you have more talent, you don't always win. This is why the Maryland "B" team won the tourney this summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Assuming you would have a coach who could convince the team to share the ball. Anyone who watched the M&D/Heros team at AU Futures knows that just because you have more talent, you don't always win. This is why the Maryland "B" team won the tourney this summer.

This is 100% accurate. It was really bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think they pulled all the top girls on one MD team and put the leftovers on the other, you really aren't following the 2027 age very closely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think they pulled all the top girls on one MD team and put the leftovers on the other, you really aren't following the 2027 age very closely.

Agree, the top 3 28 teams at AU this past summer were pretty evenly spread with talent as well. The 2 MD teams were in the finals and the 3rd place team was a combo of VA and West coast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First my daughter does not play for any of these teams, but I don’t understand the great detest against Hero’s
- They were the best team we played this summer
- The won the most real tournaments this summer
- They have beaten just about all of the teams listed including M&D in full game championships
- M&D and Aces have been beaten many times last summer mostly by Hero’s

I would make an argument that Hero’s is #1 followed by M&D. But I can imagine the M&D trolls will jump all over common sense.

The funny thing is that the Hero’s parents that I know say the girls know the truth and they continue to prove it on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair assessment.
I think M&D got better this year with their pickups.
Can’t speak to Hero’s, so don’t know how things will end in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First my daughter does not play for any of these teams, but I don’t understand the great detest against Hero’s
- They have beaten just about all of the teams listed including M&D in full game championships

I would make an argument that Hero’s is #1 followed by M&D. But I can imagine the M&D trolls will jump all over common sense.

The funny thing is that the Hero’s parents that I know say the girls know the truth and they continue to prove it on the field

How is ranking hero's third detest? They lost to M&D in Mid Atlantic Fall, NGLL finals and Lax For the Cure and beat them at Summer Genesis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see the top-10 in Mid Atlantic, because to be honest, really hard to talk a bout Steps and Alliance and Madskillz...

Regarding Hero's and M&D, I think M&D has a bit better defense but Hero's take better shots and has the more accurate shooters, just my opinion. Both teams really good. Both goalies are great. M&D may have edge on draws. M&D more physical and depending on refs, it makes a big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is ranking hero's third detest? They lost to M&D in Mid Atlantic Fall, NGLL finals and Lax For the Cure and beat them at Summer Genesis.

Always enjoy when the Hero's clown show gets booted out of town with Facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces only lost to heroes once that last summer...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see the top-10 in Mid Atlantic, because to be honest, really hard to talk a bout Steps and Alliance and Madskillz...

Regarding Hero's and M&D, I think M&D has a bit better defense but Hero's take better shots and has the more accurate shooters, just my opinion. Both teams really good. Both goalies are great. M&D may have edge on draws. M&D more physical and depending on refs, it makes a big difference.

We will have a good sense on Steps after LFTC and Fall Draw where they will play at 4 other top 10 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair assessment.

Serious question. Do you honestly think any of M&D pickups will see the field during a competitive game? Agreed they are better than the players they replaced but can't see them getting anywhere near the starting lineup unless they change position (and even then I'm not sure).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair assessment.

Serious question. Do you honestly think any of M&D pickups will see the field during a competitive game? Agreed they are better than the players they replaced but can't see them getting anywhere near the starting lineup unless they change position (and even then I'm not sure).

The NEMS kids who came to M&D, yes, they are very good players. There is this idea that if you aren't on M&D, you are a subpar player, which is just false. There are many girls on other teams that can play for M&D.

Just wait until M&D brings the out of state girls in HS, just look at the 2024 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair assessment.

The NEMS kids who came to M&D, yes, they are very good players. There is this idea that if you aren't on M&D, you are a subpar player, which is just false. There are many girls on other teams that can play for M&D.

Just wait until M&D brings the out of state girls in HS, just look at the 2024 team.

Sound like someone has an ax to grind. Kid get cut?

If you don't think that 95-97% of the most talented girls on 27 teams don't reside on BLC, M&D or Hero's...you're out of your mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
97% huh? Well four kids weren’t on M&D a few months ago but are now, so we talking 8th or 10th grade?

I’d be nervous too if my kid didn’t start on those three teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off topic but anyone attending at the College Bound Laxers NY Showcase that is taking place at Stony Brook on January 8th? I've heard nothing but great reviews about this company and their showcases. Does anyone have any feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't think that 95-97% of the most talented girls on 27 teams don't reside on BLC, M&D or Hero's...you're out of your mind.

This is possibly the most LOONEY TUNE comment to date.... Have you looked at any recent college rosters?!?! Facts: The entire midfield line at MDU, top 3-4 on Hero's White are better than bottom half of Green, top 3-4 on Integrity. Have you seen some of the athletes on Renegades, Pride, Skywalkers?! No college coach subscribes to this, FYI. Such a ridiculous assessment of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chesapeake Invitational Brackets are out.

M&D
Eagle Stix
Aces
Pride

is the top bracket by far.

HG
MDU
NEMS
Jesters

next strongest

BLC
Coppermine
Cav Lax
3D Colorado

prob third

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is possibly the most LOONEY TUNE comment to date.... Have you looked at any recent college rosters?!?! Facts: The entire midfield line at MDU, top 3-4 on Hero's White are better than bottom half of Green, top 3-4 on Integrity. Have you seen some of the athletes on Renegades, Pride, Skywalkers?! No college coach subscribes to this, FYI. Such a ridiculous assessment of talent.

100% accurate.

Reality is, a few girls can take over a game and change things, just as a few bottom girls on the field can turn it over, take a bad shot, get beat on a ground ball. There's no doubt, top to bottom the top teams are best or they play only their best, one or the other.

The idea that if you tried to hand pick the best players, you are taking the 4th attack on M&D over the 2nd middie on Integrity or Coppermine is insane.

Is the 5th defender on Hero's better than the 4th defender on Skywalkers? Yes, but that's not the point here.

A 1/3 of M&D's roster right now were on other clubs a few years ago, they prob be another 1/3 on M&D come Junior year that aren't playing for them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair assessment.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Eagle Stix
Aces
Pride

HG
MDU
NEMS
Jesters

next strongest

BLC
Coppermine
Cav Lax
3D Colorado

prob third

Well that seems a little lopsided. Maybe they are hoping for Bethesda or heros to make it to the final. That first bracket is loaded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Eagle Stix
Aces
Pride

HG
MDU
NEMS
Jesters

next strongest

BLC
Coppermine
Cav Lax
3D Colorado

prob third

Well that seems a little lopsided. Maybe they are hoping for Bethesda or heros to make it to the final. That first bracket is loaded.

Did you say top 3 on White are better than bottom 3 on Green? Wow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Eagle Stix
Aces
Pride

HG
MDU
NEMS
Jesters

next strongest

BLC
Coppermine
Cav Lax
3D Colorado

prob third

are there brackets in this tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros clown has CTE, need to excuse his comments and bravado

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Eagle Stix
Aces
Pride

HG
MDU
NEMS
Jesters

next strongest

BLC
Coppermine
Cav Lax
3D Colorado

prob third

Did you say top 3 on White are better than bottom 3 on Green? Wow.

Not my post, but you realize two Heros White players two months ago are now on BLC, so I guess they are now in that 97% threshold, two months ago, they were bottom 3%? See how absurd your thinking is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair assessment.

Sound like someone has an ax to grind. Kid get cut?

This has to be a HG parent. Can my eyes roll any further out of my head? Hero’s parents are delusional. Look at the top girls in college lacrosse. Impact players for the most part DONT come from Heros. And with the coaching they have, they will continue to not come from them. No development, just chasing those meaningless wins. But yes, tell us how that championship in 7th grade was so great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Fall Fest

Eagle Stix 27 Blue Coppermine 27 Black
Eagle Stix -7
If ES can dominate the draw, this will by a runaway

PRIDE 27 RED Phantastix 27 Purple
Pride Red -6
Pride is always underrated

Integrity 27 Green BLC 27 Blue
BLC -5
Integrity could play them tough and BLC tends to play low scoring games

Renegades 27 M&D Shore 27
M&D Shore -2
This one is revealing, how does former LBC team look, renegades one of best B teams

MD United 27 Heros 27 White
MD United -6
Lots of changes on HW this year, may take time to mesh

NEMS 27 M&D 27 Black
M&D -7
This will be intense with 3 former NEMS kids on M&D

PRIDE 27 RED Eagle Stix 27 Blue
Eagle Stix -5
EA will play fast break, not sure Pride can keep up

Coppermine 27 Black BLC 27 Blue
BLC -6
BLC wants to make statement

Renegades 27 Phantastix 27 Purple
Renegades -5
May be a bit too high on Renegades

Integrity 27 Green MD United 27
MD United -2
Teams know each other well, could come down to end

NEMS 27 M&D Shore 27
M&D Shore -3
Both teams lost top scorers, who will step up?

M&D 27 Black Heros 27 White
M&D -7
M&D won't let up.

Eagle Stix 27 Blue BLC 27 Blue
BLC -2
Game of the day, do not overlook BLC, and I think ES do just that.

PRIDE 27 RED Renegades 27
Pride Red -4
Renegades see's their toughest team last, in this case, I think it hurts them.

MD United 27 Coppermine 27 Black
MD United -3
Coppermine is typically solid and doesn't go away.

NEMS 27 Phantastix 27 Purple
NEMS -5
NEMS will start to click after a few early games.

M&D 27 Black Integrity 27 Green
M&D -6
Should be great battle on draws

M&D Shore 27 Heros 27 White
Hero's White -1
Calling this upset here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life you hammerhead. Spreads on eighth grade girls lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax, I doubt anyone is actually exchanging money. (Entertainment purposes only)

BTW, guy reads and posts on the internet about 8th grade girls lacrosse (perfectly fine) someone posts predictions (Get a life, man)

LOL

Do we know if any conflicts for teams with other fall sports? That could change outcomes for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet you are on an 8th grade lacrosse board. Get a sense of humor. Bet you are a real life of the party

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the handicapping! Whomever comes up with the lines is usually right on point too! My daughter and I look at them and make handshake bets. Haters gonna detest.

Page 67 of 112 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard