BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about coaches...hearing that the Hero's and Coppermine coaches are a little too much. Causing friction, players crying, and pitting the girls against each other. Forcing some to leave the club and others to not take offers from them at try outs...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You heard wrong re: the Coppermine coach, but keep on trolling. I'm not aware of anyone that was forced to leave the club, but some players on last year's team got cut. Also not aware of anyone given an offer who turned it down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it troll season already? Guessing someone is upset Heros and Coppermine got better during the off season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it troll season already? Guessing someone is upset Heros and Coppermine got better during the off season...

Not really, just starting to see the hockey mom-makeup hawkers on heros becoming too much to bear, first lax and now school
kinda funny to watch but getting old quick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about coaches...hearing that the Hero's and Coppermine coaches are a little too much. Causing friction, players crying, and pitting the girls against each other. Forcing some to leave the club and others to not take offers from them at try outs...

IDK about Hero's but that Mr Clean Coppermine coach is too much. There are a handful of talented players that get significant field time, but outside of that there's no commitment to developing the bottom 2/3 of the team. All about his ego. How long will he last? We shall see. Coppermine constantly boasting about getting better in off season, but last year was unable to beat Hero's or M&D.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You heard wrong re: the Coppermine coach, but keep on trolling. I'm not aware of anyone that was forced to leave the club, but some players on last year's team got cut. Also not aware of anyone given an offer who turned it down.

Thanks for your insight, Coppermine coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dirtiest team in NGLL. They don’t teach them anything other than how to play dirty. Don’t correct dirty play but encourage it. Start beating them and their coaches melt down and push for more dirty play. Coppermine coaching staff is a disaster. Owner is a good dude so not sure why he allows his brand to have a staff like the 29 coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show us on the doll where Coppermine's coach hurt you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This comment wins the day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This comment wins the day!

On a site where stupidity rules the day...I concur. It was brilliant

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dirtiest team in NGLL. They don’t teach them anything other than how to play dirty. Don’t correct dirty play but encourage it. Start beating them and their coaches melt down and push for more dirty play. Coppermine coaching staff is a disaster. Owner is a good dude so not sure why he allows his brand to have a staff like the 29 coaches.

Disagree. My daughter plays on a different A level team and we have played Coppermine several times. I think their team is generally fairly aggressive but not over the top. There is only one player I can think of who is legitimately and consistently out of control on that team. No stick skills, very fast and athletic but an injury (to another player) waiting to happen. These are 11-12 year old girls so I will abstain giving from any further detail, but most teams are well aware. Hopefully coppermine can harness that energy at some point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. My daughter plays on a different A level team and we have played Coppermine several times. I think their team is generally fairly aggressive but not over the top. There is only one player I can think of who is legitimately and consistently out of control on that team. No stick skills, very fast and athletic but an injury (to another player) waiting to happen. These are 11-12 year old girls so I will abstain giving from any further detail, but most teams are well aware. Hopefully coppermine can harness that energy at some point.
The one that uses the stick as a tomahawk chop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo

Who has done it several times from what I have heard... I can agree with the OP, their coaches do nothing to stop it so I would agree they favor dangerous (dirty may be a bit much) play... maybe even encourage it given their lack of willingness to stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to hearing how teams fare in the first fall ball happening this weekend… Also curious to hear how many tomahawk chops occur from Coppermine!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good competitive tournament.

MD United was the best local team and went 3-0 but lost out to Eaglestix on goal differential & didn’t move on. They beat coppermine 9-6 Coppermine beat M&D by a goal but otherwise not a lot of in-state comp. M&D and Copp both went 1-2.

Biggest surprise in my opinion was next level taking eaglestix to OT in the championship & pride beating coppermine.

Could be a wide open spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagles stix won the “A” bracket going 3-0 and beating MDU on a goals against tie breaker to get in the championship. They beat Next Level. M&D Red winning the “B”bracket Championship. Coppermine went 1-2 and our only win was against M&D, 6-5. Seems we really get up to play them. We came from another club who didn’t play them and talking to our parents it seems every club gets up to play them. They had one player that was tough to stop. She had 4 of the 5 goals I think. We were able to keep her in check for the most part and the rest of their team struggled to finish against our goalie who played great with 11 saves. They didn’t seem any better than MDU or Pride who beat us. I would say Eagles Stix and MDU were the top two teams there this weekend.

We lost to MDU in the first game, 9-6. The sun was terrible going one way early and they jumped out to 7-0 halftime lead. We just couldn’t recover when we had the sun advantage in half 2. Lost to Pride in game 3, 8-7. I think the high of beating M&D in game two had us flat in game 3.

As for all the talk on the coaches, this is our first year with Coppermine. They have been great to us. I haven’t seen any of the play being discussed. Our girls play hard and the coaches are intense but nothing dirty. It’s a shame people have to [Censored] talk 6th grade girls. Welcome to club lacrosse, sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagles stix won the “A” bracket going 3-0 and beating MDU on a goals against tie breaker to get in the championship. They beat Next Level. M&D Red winning the “B”bracket Championship. Coppermine went 1-2 and our only win was against M&D, 6-5. Seems we really get up to play them. We came from another club who didn’t play them and talking to our parents it seems every club gets up to play them. They had one player that was tough to stop. She had 4 of the 5 goals I think. We were able to keep her in check for the most part and the rest of their team struggled to finish against our goalie who played great with 11 saves. They didn’t seem any better than MDU or Pride who beat us. I would say Eagles Stix and MDU were the top two teams there this weekend.

We lost to MDU in the first game, 9-6. The sun was terrible going one way early and they jumped out to 7-0 halftime lead. We just couldn’t recover when we had the sun advantage in half 2. Lost to Pride in game 3, 8-7. I think the high of beating M&D in game two had us flat in game 3.

As for all the talk on the coaches, this is our first year with Coppermine. They have been great to us. I haven’t seen any of the play being discussed. Our girls play hard and the coaches are intense but nothing dirty. It’s a shame people have to [Censored] talk 6th grade girls. Welcome to club lacrosse, sad.

Second person to mention M&D's "one" player, I am assuming you are talking about number 12 since you mentioned the 4 goals. It seems everyone is on to the fact we don't really pass the ball and everyone assumes we go as she goes. That seems to be the M&D way at all ages but, with a little more ball movement, we probably beat you guys and everyone else. We are an iso offense right now and everyone knows it. We have the most talented roster in the mid Atlantic, we aren't just one player. Our players have yet to be coached to the level of these other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Second person to mention M&D's "one" player, I am assuming you are talking about number 12 since you mentioned the 4 goals. It seems everyone is on to the fact we don't really pass the ball and everyone assumes we go as she goes. That seems to be the M&D way at all ages but, with a little more ball movement, we probably beat you guys and everyone else. We are an iso offense right now and everyone knows it. We have the most talented roster in the mid Atlantic, we aren't just one player. Our players have yet to be coached to the level of these other teams.
Don't they have a couple of "hold backs" on their roster too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 or 5 if I am not mistaken. She isn't one of them and don't get me wrong she is a very talented player. We just can be better if we played team lacrosse. There are several girls on that team who can play at a very high level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not too sure about that. you can already see some of the M&D girls won't be around in 1-2 years.
Just not fast enough and not projectable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not "projectable"? Please. They're 11 and 12 years old. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the person pretending to be an M&D parents....is not an M&D parent. The team will get sorted out - it's one tournament in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not too sure about that. you can already see some of the M&D girls won't be around in 1-2 years.

It's M&D, they will get the players to replace them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think by 8th grade a lot of this will be sorted out. There are 2029s out there that you can see have hit puberty (or are starting to) and are bigger, faster, stronger. Probably majority of the 2029 girls have not. Things change quite a bit with kids in these middle school years, so I agree that there may be some turnover on the top teams as teams start to see who gets faster or stays fast, and those that are a step or two behind or just don't quite shake out into the faster group and will be replaced. (not an M&D parent, but I do have an older teen and have seen it shake out over the last few years)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 or 5 if I am not mistaken. She isn't one of them and don't get me wrong she is a very talented player. We just can be better if we played team lacrosse. There are several girls on that team who can play at a very high level.

You must be one of those "MOVE THE BALL!!!" dads UNTIL the ball gets to your daughter. If you want her to be able to take more shots, move to a different team. The sheriff is already in your town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be one of those "MOVE THE BALL!!!" dads UNTIL the ball gets to your daughter. If you want her to be able to take more shots, move to a different team. The sheriff is already in your town.

It's great to watch dads complain about a girl who scored 4 of the 5 goals while the rest of the team went 1 for 12 (if I read the comment correctly). Lax dads are the best... my kid was 0 for 5 but that student didn't pass to her enough... We know #12 and the family, I hope she gets fed up with their parent sideline and joins another club because she will make any team she joins better, including Heros who is by far the top team in the NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love watching these parents argue on an anonymous site. I log on just to see who is in the cross fire of irate lax parents who hide behind a computer screen to air their displeasure. The 29 forum may be passing the 26 forum for the most petty parents award. If there is one thing I've learned from the 26 forum (check it out if you haven't, true comedy over there), the unhappy parents end up even unhappier.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love watching these parents argue on an anonymous site. I log on just to see who is in the cross fire of irate lax parents who hide behind a computer screen to air their displeasure. The 29 forum may be passing the 26 forum for the most petty parents award. If there is one thing I've learned from the 26 forum (check it out if you haven't, true comedy over there), the unhappy parents end up even unhappier.

Buckle up will get worse on this forum as they get older and if the kid is talented huge target on their back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am ready to see what happens this Sunday. M&D will take on Coppermine again and Heros's has a competitive schedule. It will be nice to get a look before the Mid-Atlantic Tournament. I think that M&D will fall short again, and Hero's will come out on top as the team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what were the results from these games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games are 11/6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from local teams yesterday:

Hero's Green went 3-0 in the Purple division beating MDU East 9-4 and Pride Red 12-3 & Aces Elite 16-3.
MDU East went 2-1 beating Aces Elite 6-4, Pride Red 11-7 and losing to Hero's
Pride Red went 0-3 losing to the above teams and to Aces Elite 8-9

Coppermine Black went 3-0 in the Gray division beating Jesters Black 8-2, BLC Blue 9-4 & M&D Black 3-2
M&D Black went 2-1, beating BLC Blue 11-2, Jesters 13-0 & losing to Coppermine
BLC Blue went 1-2 losing to the above teams and beating Jesters Black 11-5

In the Royal Division, SW Blue & Hero's White tied 7-7 and then both beat Hoco Black & NEMS

There was also a Magenta Division with 8 teams. M&D Shore Black went 3-0, M&D Red went 2-1. SW White & MDU West both went 0-2-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's Green went 3-0 in the Purple division beating MDU East 9-4 and Pride Red 12-3 & Aces Elite 16-3.

Coppermine Black went 3-0 in the Gray division beating Jesters Black 8-2, BLC Blue 9-4 & M&D Black 3-2

In the Royal Division, SW Blue & Hero's White tied 7-7 and then both beat Hoco Black & NEMS

There was also a Magenta Division with 8 teams. M&D Shore Black went 3-0, M&D Red went 2-1. SW White & MDU West both went 0-2-1

Seems M&D may be the 4th best team in Maryland now behind Heros, MDU and Coppermine. How far they have fallen. They are the team that has been around the longest, started as a prep team, and they just aren’t developing. It’s M&D so I’m sure they are just waiting on the players who were developed at other programs to come but, it’s really unfortunate for the girls who have been there the whole time as they seem to be falling behind the rest of the 2029 class when it comes to learning the game of lacrosse. They bought in early and in the long run it may be their demise as M&D will absolutely shake up the roster if they continue to struggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems M&D may be the 4th best team in Maryland now behind Heros, MDU and Coppermine. How far they have fallen. They are the team that has been around the longest, started as a prep team, and they just aren’t developing. It’s M&D so I’m sure they are just waiting on the players who were developed at other programs to come but, it’s really unfortunate for the girls who have been there the whole time as they seem to be falling behind the rest of the 2029 class when it comes to learning the game of lacrosse. They bought in early and in the long run it may be their demise as M&D will absolutely shake up the roster if they continue to struggle.

Coppermine wasn’t even at full strength either. Missing two of their top players. M&D got out coached and out played. But seems Coppermine found the formula and has their number. Or… M&D is a house of cards falling down. They have heros next weekend and that may be brutal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have any association with the club, but I think rumors of M&D's demise have been greatly exaggerated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine wasn’t even at full strength either. Missing two of their top players. M&D got out coached and out played. But seems Coppermine found the formula and has their number. Or… M&D is a house of cards falling down. They have heros next weekend and that may be brutal.

M&D got out coached and outplayed? You won by one point both times and this last one was a 3-2 game. Relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have any association with the club, but I think rumors of M&D's demise have been greatly exaggerated

24 #1 in the country last year
25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

I think the organization should fold. Seems like they're struggling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you follow those M&D teams closely, you'll see a pattern of about 1/2 that High School M&D roster isn't playing on M&D in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 #1 in the country last year
25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

I think the organization should fold. Seems like they're struggling

Ahh yes. But this is the 2029 forum and I would venture to guess they won’t be a top 5 team when the fall rankings come out. Heros, Coppermine, MDU, Eagle Stix, Aces all ahead of them. They are 3-3 this fall with wins against B level talent and loses to Eagle Stix (blow out) and two to Coppermine. They have been a disaster since losing the NGLL Championship to Heros and from what I’m hearing, coaches have zero control over this team and parents. They refuse to set expectations and roles, allowing kids to just do their thing after mom/dad complains while their better players stand and watch. Why those better kids are staying right now is mind blowing as their loyalty will not be reciprocated once M&D decides these results are unacceptable. Don’t believe me, ask the parents of an older M&D player who learned loyalty is a one way street at M&D.

Their 2030 and 2031 teams are legit too. So what’s the issue with the 2029s? It’s an outlier. Either they are being out coached, as I said, or outplayed. Or both! They have fallen over the last 1-2 years. Denying that by showing me rankings from other ages is laughable at best. Thanks for commenting though “non club affiliated” M&D coach.

Good news is they are 11/12 years old (maybe older. Lots of holdbacks which doesn’t help their argument) so they have time to make a change. Either with better players or better coaches. I can tell you this, no top player from Coppermine, Heros, or MDU is looking at that team and saying, I want to play there. And those who went there over the last 2 years are trying to find a way out because the grass wasn’t as green as they thought. Pay twice as much money for inferior coaching, less practice, and less training isn’t something most parents want at the middle school ages. You go to M&D to develop for HS/recruiting years, not regress.

Good luck! Funny how all the lax dads on here bad mouthed the Coppermine coach yet it seems their staff is getting it done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall... Some girls have soccer and other commitments. Some girls are injured. Some teams were playing with very small rosters last weekend. M&D will be fine.

Heros on the other hand, looked better than ever. Well coached, and more importantly 5 or 6 girls who are just more physically mature - bigger, stronger, faster - than other girls playing in the 2029 age group. They will be tough to stop this spring.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard