BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am amazed at how quickly everyone is using a small data set of early commits as a baseline of where talent is coming from. It simply isn’t enough data. My daughter is toward the top of the recruiting class and she hasn’t committed yet because she is still visiting her top schools. She had the good fortune to have 3 of the top programs in the country have interest but she wants to make a good decision for her. In addition, there are simply a lot more choices than there was even 5 years ago, So let’s all slow down on using partial data to tell a narrative

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am amazed at how quickly everyone is using a small data set of early commits as a baseline of where talent is coming from. It simply isn’t enough data. My daughter is toward the top of the recruiting class and she hasn’t committed yet because she is still visiting her top schools. She had the good fortune to have 3 of the top programs in the country have interest but she wants to make a good decision for her. In addition, there are simply a lot more choices than there was even 5 years ago, So let’s all slow down on using partial data to tell a narrative

Congrats to your daughter - that’s great! I think you are misunderstanding the posts. They are purely focused on the parents that are in such disbelief and incredulous that non hot bed girls are being committed to good schools or are wanted enough where coaches are giving them early offers. That’s all. That’s ignorance. We all know there will be great commits from the hot bed areas. I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise. The point is you are not alone anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.[/quote]

These are outliers!!! The hotbeds still have the most college ready and you will see them commit to big schools with nice packages to get an education as well. I see #2 and #3 on the list travel to the hotbeds to play on those club teams. They really could be considered hotbed players after their trainings and game experience. I feel as though early commits worked with the school to get a fair offer and a chance to play at a top school. Most of the top names had multiple high offers to weigh and took more time since they didnt have to worry about losing money or a spot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why get defensive? It's a good thing that MD is no longer the "go to" in regard to top recruits - it means that the game is growing. I personally think that it's awesome that the top recruits are NOT from MD, and my daughter is from MD. It really is OK. Therre are tons of top D1 players that are not local, and it's great to see>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to your daughter - that’s great! I think you are misunderstanding the posts. They are purely focused on the parents that are in such disbelief and incredulous that non hot bed girls are being committed to good schools or are wanted enough where coaches are giving them early offers. That’s all. That’s ignorance. We all know there will be great commits from the hot bed areas. I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise. The point is you are not alone anymore.

Appreciate the clarification. I can just speak anecdotally but the vast majority of the girls on the visits so far have been from md/my/ct. yes there are a few from other areas but it is certainly a majority from within the hotbed.
I see it as the girls outside the area really had the opportunity to be looked at by a few coaches so their pools of options were limited and hence the early commitments(not suggesting they aren’t also great athletes). The girls from the hotbed simply have more options and hence the delayed decision making as they go through their process.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two NEMS players committed to USF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Follow IG. It allows you to hear news faster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Follow IG. It allows you to hear news faster.

One more going there as well and is about to announce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why get defensive? It's a good thing that MD is no longer the "go to" in regard to top recruits - it means that the game is growing. I personally think that it's awesome that the top recruits are NOT from MD, and my daughter is from MD. It really is OK. Therre are tons of top D1 players that are not local, and it's great to see>

LOL! The majority of the top recruits are still from the hotbeds. You see the commitments starting to roll in now. They just had multiple great offers to consider. More will be hotbed girls, Than not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL! The majority of the top recruits are still from the hotbeds. You see the commitments starting to roll in now. They just had multiple great offers to consider. More will be hotbed girls, Than not.

For top 25 schools, coaches don't care is a girl is from Maryland, Long Island, Ohio or Alaska. If they can play, the coaches recruit them. And for most good coaches, they can tell who has the talent to pay on their team in about 5 minutes.

Anyone who has been through this process can tell you that at the high-level, club team means nothing. its about can they play in prospect days, showcases, etc.

To be fair, once you get to middle and bottom tier of teams, club affiliation means more. Since most of these recruits have some type of "flaw", the input of club coaches means more as coaches are trying to find more diamonds in the rough.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, why get so defensive. There is a place for every girl that wants to play D1 - whether it's a top 20 or so on. It's great that the local girls had multiple offers, but i'm sure the other girls NOT local had multiple offers as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you add the green next to your commit on inside lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you add the green next to your commit on inside lacrosse

I think Inside Lacrosse does that after they verify your daughter’s commitment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have all the M&D black, SW blue, Heros green, and Nems players committed? Getting worried for my daughter since she plays defense and is on a middle of the road team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Sw , Heros and Nems all have a handful of girls to go. I think M&D is all done. Heros white , sw white and M&D red all have players left. There are lots of D2 and D3 looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board has been quiet for so long (which is probably a good thing ). But I want to wish good luck and hopefully a great summer season to any 24's still looking to commit. Don't give up !!!!!!!! Coaches are still recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard