BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 72 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite-
1-2 days a week fall lax.
3 days a week ECNL soccer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Poll question. - In the Fall, how many days a week is your son practicing with his club team? If you can tell me which club, great, if you prefer not to, which division in HOCO did they play in last spring.

OP here. At this point, 8th grade about to enter HS, I had hoped our club (AAA) would increase the level of training/practices. We have been told that this was going to happen for the past couple seasons, but it hasn’t. I’m just trying to get some info from others so I can get a better perspective. IMO, if you are playing club at this grade 2 a week seems like it should be the standard for any level from A to Elite. My son plays 2 sports, but lacrosse is his main focus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practices twice or more a week for out of season sports is a lot to ask of a young athlete who also plays other sports, especially if the in-season team is a club sport that practices multiple times per week. There is a marked increase in over-use injuries in young athletes from playing/practicing several days a week. Let them focus on the in-season sports and their academics, and give their bodies an opportunity to rest and recover from their in season sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poll question. - In the Fall, how many days a week is your son practicing with his club team? If you can tell me which club, great, if you prefer not to, which division in HOCO did they play in last spring.

OP here. At this point, 8th grade about to enter HS, I had hoped our club (AAA) would increase the level of training/practices. We have been told that this was going to happen for the past couple seasons, but it hasn’t. I’m just trying to get some info from others so I can get a better perspective. IMO, if you are playing club at this grade 2 a week seems like it should be the standard for any level from A to Elite. My son plays 2 sports, but lacrosse is his main focus.

I get your point but. The vast majority of boys at AA lax or above are in soccer or football 5-6 days per week. Football for us right now is MW 60 minutes (school team), T/TH/F 3.5 hours (rec team + school team), Sat scrimmage or games (rec team). Sunday is club lax + lax small group training later in the day. Many boys have no days off of full-on team sports from Sept 1 to Nov 15. Zero days off. Would love to see more lax during the week....but "how" is a big question, especially as the soccer and football injuries start piling up over the next few weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is in AAA in 8th grade and isn’t playing more than 2 times a week in the fall, he’s got no future in the game. Just give up lacrosse and focus on his other sport.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask the question when you are already biased? PP said it right just go play your other sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club lax finally addressing holdbacks! Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is in AAA in 8th grade and isn’t playing more than 2 times a week in the fall, he’s got no future in the game. Just give up lacrosse and focus on his other sport.

Lol, your reading comprehension isn't that great, is it? I said his club team is only holding practices once a week in the fall, I didn't say he was only playing once a week. You can go back to trolling other message boards now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Fixed.

If your son is in AAA and isn't a holdback, he’s got no future in the game. Just give up lacrosse and focus on soccer where its fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask the question when you are already biased? PP said it right just go play your other sport.

Hmmm, it's kind of odd that this triggered you. It's really not that hard to understand. I was looking for information about other clubs to then form a more knowledgeable opinion. You can go join your troll friend and talk about holdbacks or how only Elite teams matter now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people do know it’s fall ball right? Means absolutely nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people do know it’s fall ball right? Means absolutely nothing

None of it really means anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club lax finally addressing holdbacks! Thoughts?

Link?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the link is on IG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like move is to school age calendar year Sept 1 like World Series Model!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is this supposed to go into effect? And is there any meat behind it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is this supposed to go into effect? And is there any meat behind it?

No, there is no meat behind it. It's US Club Lax not US Lacrosse. All that is is social media fodder for clicks. And they got em...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It shouldn’t impact the 27s as they are moving into high school next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is that the new age rules/enforcement will not go until effect until 2024. It will end at U-15 for recruiting. We'll have to start uploading birth certificates shortly and have a slight increase in our yearly payment to US lacrosse. Whatever, at least the issue is finally sorted out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is that the new age rules/enforcement will not go until effect until 2024. It will end at U-15 for recruiting. We'll have to start uploading birth certificates shortly and have a slight increase in our yearly payment to US lacrosse. Whatever, at least the issue is finally sorted out.

link?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any details on the age/grade change? I haven't seen it posted on the US Club site or anywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t this age group starting high school next year? What difference will these changes make?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first attempt at putting some rails on age limits and class cheating has been done by The Circuit. The Circuit is an attempt to throw an elite, national team tournament for those teams not in the NLF. It was organized as those teams became more successful and were regularly beating teams in the NLF teams and were being excluded from their tournaments.

The rosters for the circuit have age limits beginning June 1, but rosters are allowed 3 exceptions to the June 1 date. Birth certificates and things like report cards are being used to verify both age and class verification. The really good older kids are scrambling around the national teams to make sure they are one of the 3 exceptions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person is trolling all the threads blatantly lying about a decision - that hasn’t been made. And speaking on it as it it is a fact.

I know this board is a cesspool but the deliberate lying is ridiculous.

They are just trying to make money off their pitiful age verification that they want to charge you for.

IF THIS happens, I’d expect to pay US Lacrosse - as everyone already does for a membership. Not some random looking to get rich.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first attempt at putting some rails on age limits and class cheating has been done by The Circuit. The Circuit is an attempt to throw an elite, national team tournament for those teams not in the NLF. It was organized as those teams became more successful and were regularly beating teams in the NLF teams and were being excluded from their tournaments.

The rosters for the circuit have age limits beginning June 1, but rosters are allowed 3 exceptions to the June 1 date. Birth certificates and things like report cards are being used to verify both age and class verification. The really good older kids are scrambling around the national teams to make sure they are one of the 3 exceptions.

Literally none of this is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Source?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person is trolling all the threads blatantly lying about a decision - that hasn’t been made. And speaking on it as it it is a fact.

I know this board is a cesspool but the deliberate lying is ridiculous.

They are just trying to make money off their pitiful age verification that they want to charge you for.

IF THIS happens, I’d expect to pay US Lacrosse - as everyone already does for a membership. Not some random looking to get rich.

Is the change true or not? I haven't come across any notifications of the change but after the US club lacrosse poll it would be hard to ignore 90% of families looking for a change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Circuit is just another attempted cash grab for the head of Nationals LC. Based on how their 2027 team performed at Naptown this summer, I wouldn't say they are regularly beating anyone of merit. And to say they are attempting to put some rails on age limits and class cheating is a joke. Nationals will play a 2026 kid in 2027 if he's just thinking about reclassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Circuit looks like a way for some of these "national" teams to fool kids into thinking they're playing against the best. I'll concede BBL's 2027 team is actually pretty good, and Nationals used to be before they imploded due to the owner's shenanigans, but the rest of the Circuit competition isn't even in top 30 range. Red Hots can put together some good guest player teams, but rarely against good competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
change will not effect this class if it happens looks like it might make a difference for 2030 and 2029

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got off a call and I do not believe any class will be affected until the 2030's. While unfair now the younger age groups will no longer need to deal with the BS of holdbacks. I'm glad parents finally spoke up against having older kids play down for once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based off what info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 exceptions?? That’s notIntelligent. That’s all it takes to change the outcome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Circuit actually thinks the 3 exception rule is light years better than what it has been. The original discussion started with class and then worked its way back to a combination of age and class. A couple of clubs argued hard for class only but the June 1 date and 3 exceptions was accepted as a compromise. Current participating teams will largely look the same and teams like Red Hots and Nationals will scramble to attract their 3 exceptions since a good chunk of their roster participate for multiple teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Circuit actually thinks the 3 exception rule is light years better than what it has been. The original discussion started with class and then worked its way back to a combination of age and class. A couple of clubs argued hard for class only but the June 1 date and 3 exceptions was accepted as a compromise. Current participating teams will largely look the same and teams like Red Hots and Nationals will scramble to attract their 3 exceptions since a good chunk of their roster participate for multiple teams.

I dare anyone to show me where this exception rule is or even any kind of age cutoff. I’ve seen nothing to substantiate any of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dare anyone to show me where this exception rule is or even any kind of age cutoff. I’ve seen nothing to substantiate any of this.

Just seems like a money grab. Quick way to make a windfall of cash. Why have exceptions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be a complete disaster for US club lacrosse to ignore the safety concerns of holdbacks physically assaulting younger kids after the Tua situation in the NFL. Concussions are real. Playing your 15 yr old against a 13yr old is a safety concern. Regardless of how badly you want your son to get into a good school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know what to tell you. We received an email from the team director stating the rules and there is a register process from Authenticate asking for proof of class and a birth certificate. I guess that's good news in that I might be the only Circuit parent reading this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry charlie but you complainin aint gonna change nothin

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 72 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 71 72
Quick Reply