BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 30 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another lowell moment: we just left the Marist camp along with the entire 91 roster. Their director needs to warn these kids that all colleges will reply with their camp info and that doesn’t mean they’re interested. Don’t waste your money!

Why is it a waste of money ? How else are these kids going to get in front of a coach right now ? Maybe those girls are interested in Marist. You shouldn't cast such a wide blanket text like that. I bet some of those girls have Marist interested in them.

I think the blame should be on directors and the college coach and club coach here. Few things went wrong potentially:
1. Directors and club coaches should be helping girls navigate this process. A view on sports recruits, a video watch, etc does not mean interest. College coaches are sending replies inviting kids to camps regardless on if they have seen them or not. They need to bring fluff kids in to fill the camp and give their actual recruits someone to play against. The individual clubs, not just 91, should be making sure their players know this. So many of my daughters friends get so excited when they get a view on sports recruits, but then go to all their friends and say that xyz is interested in them when in reality all they did was click your profile. It does not mean ANYTHING 90% of the time.

2. Shame of college coaches for blasting their camps the way they are. It gives false hope to these kids which isnt right. It also is forcing kids to spend money they could be using to go after a school that may be a better fit.

3. Club coaches should be guiding kids to know when they are out of their league. Marist is not a great program, so if we are talking about marist I think most long island kids could earn a spot there, but in general there should be more guidance on if skill level matches a program.

4. If a kid is interested, by all means go, just know that many schools are working through their lists from summer and if you aren't on it you are going to have to hope the ones on the list dont accept.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another lowell moment: we just left the Marist camp along with the entire 91 roster. Their director needs to warn these kids that all colleges will reply with their camp info and that doesn’t mean they’re interested. Don’t waste your money!

Why is it a waste of money ? How else are these kids going to get in front of a coach right now ? Maybe those girls are interested in Marist. You shouldn't cast such a wide blanket text like that. I bet some of those girls have Marist interested in them.

I think the blame should be on directors and the college coach and club coach here. Few things went wrong potentially:
1. Directors and club coaches should be helping girls navigate this process. A view on sports recruits, a video watch, etc does not mean interest. College coaches are sending replies inviting kids to camps regardless on if they have seen them or not. They need to bring fluff kids in to fill the camp and give their actual recruits someone to play against. The individual clubs, not just 91, should be making sure their players know this. So many of my daughters friends get so excited when they get a view on sports recruits, but then go to all their friends and say that xyz is interested in them when in reality all they did was click your profile. It does not mean ANYTHING 90% of the time.

2. Shame of college coaches for blasting their camps the way they are. It gives false hope to these kids which isnt right. It also is forcing kids to spend money they could be using to go after a school that may be a better fit.

3. Club coaches should be guiding kids to know when they are out of their league. Marist is not a great program, so if we are talking about marist I think most long island kids could earn a spot there, but in general there should be more guidance on if skill level matches a program.

4. If a kid is interested, by all means go, just know that many schools are working through their lists from summer and if you aren't on it you are going to have to hope the ones on the list dont accept.

Oh I forgot only the top 20 teams have great programs. Give me a break. Marist is a fine school with a good lacrosse program. So what if they arent in the top 20. You guys need to stop living through your daughters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First thing my daughters coaches told them last year is a view from Sports Recruits means just that. A view. Second thing they said was if your email from a coach doesn’t have your name in it multiple times along with a description of how you play, it is a generic email.
Not sure why 91 isn’t telling their kids that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why knock girls who are going to a college they are interested in? Maybe going to these camps allow them to be seen outside of their club. I'm so sick of people on here ripping other clubs because they think they are superior. Let the girls figure out their path and you worry about yours!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I forgot only the top 20 teams have great programs. Give me a break. Marist is a fine school with a good lacrosse program. So what if they arent in the top 20. You guys need to stop living through your daughters.

Top program to bottom program it's a business. When you register for a camp or prospect day you get redirected to the coach's llc or corp. web site, not the school's website at least in the majority of cases. I just wish the lacrosse community would stop the smoke about making the sport more diverse. Giving some inner city kids free equipment won't help. What happens if one of these kids wants to play at the next level. How do they pay for prospect camps(you can't go for free due to ncaa rules) Even if they get scholarships from clubs, what about travel expenses for tournaments. We always here how lacrosse has been a rich kids sport. It is now more than ever.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marist is a very good school. Good luck to the girls!

The club coaches have to get more involved in the process with the school coaches. They should know what level of interest a school has in a girl before advising a kid to go the camp!

Kids should not have to be afraid to ask the club coaches to get involved with this and reach out to schools for them! In most cases, the girl has been paying that club for many years. The club and coaches owes it to ALL the girls on the team to help them and reach out to college coaches for them! Get feedback and to advise the girls and help them navigate the recruiting process. A good club would do this!! Greedy ones will not give the girls the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

------- 'I think the blame should be on..."

Unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your deal with 91? There were 3 other local Long Island clubs that had multiple players there as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greatly enjoying the Lowell dragging attempts going on. Cannot wait for the attacks on UMBC or other schools not deemed "good enough' for the LI families.

Now, with that said, players need to get in front of coaches and if players want to attend school at any of these places, then let's not drag those players for attending. Are there mass emails that go out from certain schools? Yes and it's usually because they have minimal or regional name recognition. It doesn't mean the program is terrible or the school will not be a good fit for some players.

You guys are too much some days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greatly enjoying the Lowell dragging attempts going on. Cannot wait for the attacks on UMBC or other schools not deemed "good enough' for the LI families.

Now, with that said, players need to get in front of coaches and if players want to attend school at any of these places, then let's not drag those players for attending. Are there mass emails that go out from certain schools? Yes and it's usually because they have minimal or regional name recognition. It doesn't mean the program is terrible or the school will not be a good fit for some players.

Some days?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your deal with 91? There were 3 other local Long Island clubs that had multiple players there as well.

I’m assuming it was due to the mass amount of those kids there. It was very heavy from 1-2 programs, but mostly the one. Maybe they just have a lot of kids interested or maybe as other posters stated there should be more involvement from club coaches in this process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think girls attend local showcases because it’s convenient, not as expensive, maybe the girls don’t want to go far for college, maybe the girls are close in the team and wanted to do one together. There are many reasons why those girls chose to go. It is really disheartening to continually hear such negativity on certain schools. Worry about yourself and stop hating on em everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this thread would go quiet because the majority of the parents here have kids committed to only Ivy or a top 10 school by now. Let your daughter pick the school that's right for her, not mom or dad's dream school(if they even went to college, sorry). Recruiting is not easy for parents, but especially hard on the girls, support them and help them with some exciting/tough decisions for their future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think girls attend local showcases because it’s convenient, not as expensive, maybe the girls don’t want to go far for college, maybe the girls are close in the team and wanted to do one together. There are many reasons why those girls chose to go. It is really disheartening to continually hear such negativity on certain schools. Worry about yourself and stop hating on em everyone else.

I agree. All I care about is if my daughter goes to a good academic school. If she went to a school like Bucknell, I'm fine with her not playing top 30 lacrosse. Their lax career ends in 5 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m assuming it was due to the mass amount of those kids there. It was very heavy from 1-2 programs, but mostly the one. Maybe they just have a lot of kids interested or maybe as other posters stated there should be more involvement from club coaches in this process

Does it really matter ? It is going to be mainly from a few programs now because the bigger programs like a YJ or a Legacy have already gotten alot of girls committed from most of their teams. These girls should go to prospect days like this to get seen. Marist is a fine school and has a good lacrosse program. It doesnt have to be a top ranked school to be considered a "good" program. There are plenty of good players still looking for homes and they will find one. Its only October 4th !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some days?

I was trying to be nice lol

"I think girls attend local showcases because it’s convenient, not as expensive, maybe the girls don’t want to go far for college, maybe the girls are close in the team and wanted to do one together. There are many reasons why those girls chose to go. It is really disheartening to continually hear such negativity on certain schools. Worry about yourself and stop hating on em everyone else."

DING DING DING!

The shear volume of East Coast parents I've talked to or heard at camps complaining about how far a school is from home is insane. At the Duke camp, even the current players talked about choose Duke since it was less than an hour flight back home. Same held true for a lot of recruits--many parents don't want their kids going that far away. As a parent I've had so many ask me why I'd let my daughter attend a school so far from home.

For me it's simple--it's her choice and she has to live with it. If the school is good and she likes the coaches/players/program, I'm good with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter ? It is going to be mainly from a few programs now because the bigger programs like a YJ or a Legacy have already gotten alot of girls committed from most of their teams. These girls should go to prospect days like this to get seen. Marist is a fine school and has a good lacrosse program. It doesnt have to be a top ranked school to be considered a "good" program. There are plenty of good players still looking for homes and they will find one. Its only October 4th !

There’s nearly 550 4 year schools that offer women’s lacrosse and 20 junior colleges. There is a school out there for every girl who wants to play. Who cares what’s right for others. Just help your daughter find a place where she can be happy and enjoy her life. I’m sure many of the top D1 commits will realize maybe they chose a college for the wrong reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Greatly enjoying the Lowell dragging attempts going on. Cannot wait for the attacks on UMBC or other schools not deemed "good enough' for the LI families.

Some days?

"I think girls attend local showcases because it’s convenient, not as expensive, maybe the girls don’t want to go far for college, maybe the girls are close in the team and wanted to do one together. There are many reasons why those girls chose to go. It is really disheartening to continually hear such negativity on certain schools. Worry about yourself and stop hating on em everyone else."

DING DING DING!

The shear volume of East Coast parents I've talked to or heard at camps complaining about how far a school is from home is insane. At the Duke camp, even the current players talked about choose Duke since it was less than an hour flight back home. Same held true for a lot of recruits--many parents don't want their kids going that far away. As a parent I've had so many ask me why I'd let my daughter attend a school so far from home.

Most parents want them close since they have to do everything for them still. Let your kid go far away and let them figure out how to adult as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Greatly enjoying the Lowell dragging attempts going on. Cannot wait for the attacks on UMBC or other schools not deemed "good enough' for the LI families.

Some days?

DING DING DING!

Most parents want them close since they have to do everything for them still. Let your kid go far away and let them figure out how to adult as well.

Ding Ding! Get as far away from your parents and grow up!! We have a generation of over dependent kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This^^^. Every kid is different. If you have more than one child you know this easily. Wouldn’t life be great if all kids wanted and did the exact same thing? Guess what….not happening. I know of former YJ girls that “lived their parents dream” and gave up lax once time to go to college. Unthinkable? It happens. I have nieces and nephews who grew out of sports sophomore and junior year. Good athletes scholarship potentials. Some kids realize they don’t want it….they’ve either done it for their parents or grown out of it. It does happen and it break parents hearts. So if your daughter doesn’t want or get into one of the top 10/20/30….who gives a [Censored]? Life is too short. Let them lead a life that they want. But don’t [Censored] on girls and families who either choose different schools for different reasons or can’t get into one of YOUR “top” schools. Over 550 schools…something for everyone. Some kids will play for no $ because they just want to play. And that’s 100% ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This^^^. Every kid is different. If you have more than one child you know this easily. Wouldn’t life be great if all kids wanted and did the exact same thing? Guess what….not happening. I know of former YJ girls that “lived their parents dream” and gave up lax once time to go to college. Unthinkable? It happens. I have nieces and nephews who grew out of sports sophomore and junior year. Good athletes scholarship potentials. Some kids realize they don’t want it….they’ve either done it for their parents or grown out of it. It does happen and it break parents hearts. So if your daughter doesn’t want or get into one of the top 10/20/30….who gives a [Censored]? Life is too short. Let them lead a life that they want. But don’t [Censored] on girls and families who either choose different schools for different reasons or can’t get into one of YOUR “top” schools. Over 550 schools…something for everyone. Some kids will play for no $ because they just want to play. And that’s 100% ok.

This. 100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top program to bottom program it's a business. When you register for a camp or prospect day you get redirected to the coach's llc or corp. web site, not the school's website at least in the majority of cases. I just wish the lacrosse community would stop the smoke about making the sport more diverse. Giving some inner city kids free equipment won't help. What happens if one of these kids wants to play at the next level. How do they pay for prospect camps(you can't go for free due to ncaa rules) Even if they get scholarships from clubs, what about travel expenses for tournaments. We always here how lacrosse has been a rich kids sport. It is now more than ever.

Going to disagree with you on this. You see a good amount of girls from either the “B” or “C” teams on top programs (M&D or YJ for example) or girls from lower clubs committing to top schools and high academic schools over much stronger girls all in the name of diversity. Good for them but for every spot given out there were much more deserving girls past over. The pressure is on these college coaches to make their programs look more diverse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to disagree with you on this. You see a good amount of girls from either the “B” or “C” teams on top programs (M&D or YJ for example) or girls from lower clubs committing to top schools and high academic schools over much stronger girls all in the name of diversity. Good for them but for every spot given out there were much more deserving girls past over. The pressure is on these college coaches to make their programs look more diverse.

I was speaking to economic diversity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about East Carolina University? I'm hearing real good things about it. Any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some schools recruit slim, pretty, blond, rich. Look at the social media posts. They throw in a few others to make it seem like they are diverse. C’mon it’s blatant, and embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know the other girls are "much stronger"? What insight do you have on the recruits' abilities or the coaches' thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was speaking to economic diversity.

Yes, but not for the reason you think. For schools with large endowments, many are effectively tuition free for those whose family income is under a certain amount. (At Duke its $120k). So any capable middle class lax player is incredibly attractive since the coach doesn't need to spend any athletic scholarship $$ on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about East Carolina University? I'm hearing real good things about it. Any insight?

Come on. This is BOTC. If it’s not a top 10 school it’s not worth a kid’s time. That’s what they say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you discern “economic diversity” from pictures?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they are getting kids from clubs that aren’t very good. Passing over some kids that are definitely better. Has to be moved to get lots of low money kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sour grapes I guess passed on your kid. ECU fully funded. Has medical school and allows the girls to pursue nursing. Great University in excellent area. Awesome college town. Friend was in military around there and said ECU alot of fun. Between football and top baseball it's a great tailgate University. And just looked up facilities. Looks top notch. Lax stadium looks real nice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just look at the girls zip codes or last names, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they are getting kids from clubs that aren’t very good. Passing over some kids that are definitely better. Has to be moved to get lots of low money kids.

This always amazes me... How do you know? How do you know the talent level of the kids they're "passing up" or the kids they're signing? How does anyone on here know anything about any kid other than the ones that play on their daughter's club/school team? It's just so strange. And it happens all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because I bet their daughter was passed up at ecu. ECU is definitely up and coming. And definitely getting better recruits over last 2 yrs. And their 23 group is real solid. 24s getting very good players also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just look at the girls zip codes or last names, lol

Wow! You’re a real gem and perhaps a racist? Last names? I Don’t think any college wants your kind! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This always amazes me... How do you know? How do you know the talent level of the kids they're "passing up" or the kids they're signing? How does anyone on here know anything about any kid other than the ones that play on their daughter's club/school team? It's just so strange. And it happens all the time.
Sour grapes of parents who thought their kid would get offer and were passed up. That's why they say that stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECU is a great school. It definitely had party school reputation (still does to an extent) but as NC has ballooned in population, the state has spent considerable resources on NCSU, ECU, UNCW, App State... in order to have a good spot for all of the in state (and out of state) kids to go. Greenville, NC has grown considerably and is a very nice place now. The hospital serves the entirety of eastern NC and ECU is known for putting kids in the h/c field(s). Big but not too big, good sports, fun, great climate (close to the beach), kids get good jobs... What is not to like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sour grapes of parents who thought their kid would get offer and were passed up. That's why they say that stuff.

Passing up on players because of there Parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who doesn't think coaches target girls who will likely quality for massive need-based financial aid is obviously new to recruiting for any equivalency sport.

Most coaches from well-endowed schools are looking for 1) girls who will quality for massive need-based aid and 2) girls whose parents can parent for college 100% easily

The result is they can recruit these girls without having to spend any athletic $$.

When a coach calls a club director to inquire about a girl, these are among the first questions asked, "Are they looking for athletic scholarship $$?" and "Will they be able to qualify for need-based financial aid?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My oldest daughter played against ECU last year and I was extremely impressed with facilities and area. Never been there. And she knows 2 girls on team and they love it there. Another great option for girls looking to go down south.

Page 17 of 30 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard