BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 79 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let the kids decide and be there to support them with whatever they need. The ones that are self driven will enjoy playing on their own and the extra training. Others may need the down time. Having an older child playing in college now with multiple friends also playing in college- the extra training doesn’t guarantee you will play in college nor does taking a month off mean you won’t have the opportunity. I was amazed with my oldest seeing how some develop later and some I thought were the most amazing at younger ages fade in HS. So much can change over the next couple years with the girls socially, with injuries, mentally and physically. My best advice as a parent who’s been through it- Support your daughter and enjoy it as it goes by fast. Remember playing in college is like a full time job for the kids and not cut out for everyone.

My kid is 12-13 and I let her live a normal life.

If your kid has aspirations and goals to play at the next level, then putting in daily work is "normal life ". Read any sports illustrated article, or talk to talk to most any collegiate athlete, and you will hear the same stories about there there drive to get better. Whether it it was out shooting 200 baskets A-day for basketball, Hours of wall ball,or Pitching against against the backstop, they all had work Ethic and lots of practice in common. That doesn't mean Every kid is doing that, but You also don't need to shame shame people for working hard.

No one can say what is right for the next kid. If this is what your kid REALLY wants to be doing during their summer and it's not only what YOU want them to be doing, then more power to them. I'm not PP but I do think some of the routines above sound a little intense for many 12 years olds. Many of whom only have August off of school and other sports, and maybe want a little time to have friends, focus on other interests, and relax a bit. I'm not saying don't pick up a stick, but I also think there's benefit in letting them take a lighter approach during the off season.

August is actually the perfect time to put in some work and make some improvements to your individual game. Not being in school, kids are looking for things to do. Plenty of time to relax, have fun, and get some exercise in. There is nothing wrong with 30 minutes of work each day to keep growing your skills. I don't think the over kill comes in the off season it is when kids are practicing multiple days a week in-season and parents are still scheduling all of the extras.

Agree on this. There's nothing wrong with trying to get some work in every day, even if its only 20-30minutes. Kids can still be kids and relax, have fun with friends etc. I'd argue that if you are on a Top team and want to continue developing, you should put in some type of workout almost every day if possible.

I find these responses surprising. If I asked my kid to train ever day, year round, they’d want to quit. We take August and most of December off. Outside of practice, no more than 1 training session per week in Fall. During the season, 2 training sessions per month. Play recreation basketball in the winter for fun.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find these responses surprising. If I asked my kid to train ever day, year round, they’d want to quit. We take August and most of December off. Outside of practice, no more than 1 training session per week in Fall. During the season, 2 training sessions per month. Play recreation basketball in the winter for fun.

Thank you for saying this. The "every day" during the off season thing seems excessive and totally parent driven. My DD loves lax and is a good player on a good team but she does not like to go outside in the heat to play WB or shoot on the goal by herself. It gets old really fast. She'll go out and do it a few times a week, but certainly not every day. If we're forcing her at the age of 12, how sustainable is that and how long before she's burnt out? Ultimately, her commitment, passion, and success is up to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, I have older daughter, she enjoys lacrosse, is very good, but she'd rather go hang out with friends, go to the mall, go on friends boat, etc then go in backyard and lax train in August.

Having her skip these normal teenage things is a recipe for resentment, both resenting you and the sport.

Here's another fact based on reality, there's some kids who can train 24/7 and just won't be elite, and others who can only do it a few times a week and be studs. Some things aren't taught or mastered with work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see TLC has 2028 team this year. Where do you see them fitting in? BTW, these CAPTCHA Verification's [Censored]!

I assume they will play in NGLL B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Fall Lax Festival Divisions are posted. One team definitely doesn’t belong in Green division!

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Fall Lax Festival Divisions are posted. One team definitely doesn’t belong in Green division!

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

Ouch...how did NEMS end up in the top division? They weren't even in NGLL A.

Best of luck to M&D red in their first tournament season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

They went 4-4 in the B Division were ranked #79. They lost their best player and also their best defender left! Need to move NEMS down and bring up Next Level or Xtreme!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

Is this a championship format tournament? Last year I am pretty sure the winner of bracket A played the winner of Bracket B in the finals. It ended up working out because Eagle Sticks was some how in the B bracket. I hope that isn't the case this year, because that will be a little (or a lot) lopsided in the end, seeing as 6 teams in the green division would beat every team in Blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

They went 4-4 in the B Division were ranked #79. They lost their best player and also their best defender left! Need to move NEMS down and bring up Next Level or Xtreme!

Where did their best player go? Next Level or Xtreme would get destroyed in the higher bracket if the schedule doesn't work out for them. They'd only have 2 competitive games with Pride or Hoco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

Is this a championship format tournament? Last year I am pretty sure the winner of bracket A played the winner of Bracket B in the finals. It ended up working out because Eagle Sticks was some how in the B bracket. I hope that isn't the case this year, because that will be a little (or a lot) lopsided in the end, seeing as 6 teams in the green division would beat every team in Blue.

CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT (Bracket winners advance to playoffs for 22- minute games)
Multiple Championships per division are offered for Youth Divisions!

These are the other two Divisions. Assuming these are considered the B Divisions?

Red
Coastal Lacrosse Academy 28
M&D Shore 28
Renegades 28
Phantastix 28 White
PPLC 28 Green
STARS 28 Navy

Yellow
ESLC Pirates 28
HoCo 28 Pink
Belles 28
BLC 28 Blue
Check-Hers Elite 28
Coppermine 28 Blue
Phantastix 28 Purple
VA Metro 28 Navy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT (Bracket winners advance to playoffs for 22- minute games)

These are the other two Divisions:
Red
M&D Shore 28
Renegades 28
Phantastix 28 White
PPLC 28 Green
STARS 28 Navy

Yellow
ESLC Pirates 28
HoCo 28 Pink
Belles 28
BLC 28 Blue
Check-Hers Elite 28
Coppermine 28 Blue
Phantastix 28 Purple
VA Metro 28 Navy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

Where did their best player go? Next Level or Xtreme would get destroyed in the higher bracket if the schedule doesn't work out for them. They'd only have 2 competitive games with Pride or Hoco.
Compared to NEMS getting destroyed by every teams in this Division. NEMS lost to Xtreme 12-6 in July. Should NEMS drop down and only have a 7 team Green Division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

These are the other two Divisions. Assuming these are considered the B Divisions?

Red
M&D Shore 28
Renegades 28
Phantastix 28 White
PPLC 28 Green
STARS 28 Navy

Yellow
ESLC Pirates 28
HoCo 28 Pink
Belles 28
BLC 28 Blue
Check-Hers Elite 28
Coppermine 28 Blue
Phantastix 28 Purple
VA Metro 28 Navy

Yes, those are definitely B divisions and there may not be as much discrepancy may not be as wide between to the 2 divisions. But the A divisions are definitely not divided evenly. So my questions was will the championship take place within each division or between divisions? If it is between divisions meaning they take the top 2 from green and the top 2 from blue for a 4 team play off, that is hardly an accurate representation of the top 4 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Compared to NEMS getting destroyed by every teams in this Division. NEMS lost to Xtreme 12-6 in July. Should NEMS drop down and only have a 7 team Green Division?

Next Level, Stars or Xtreme could move up and replace NEMS to move them down. If any of those 4 teams don't get to play HoCo and Pride, it doesn't really matter. 1 of those 4 would lose all their games if they have to play against the other 6 teams.

Seems lopsided they are only taking 1 winner from the Green division against a much weaker Blue division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about bringing up stars. New players, great chemistry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think it matters who moves up or down. Moving 1 team won't change the lopsidedness of the divisions, the question was about whether the winners of the 2 brackets play each other or if there is a championship within each division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think it matters who moves up or down. Moving 1 team won't change the lopsidedness of the divisions, the question was about whether the winners of the 2 brackets play each other or if there is a championship within each division.

Last year had 4 Division winners:

Chilly: Eagle Stix 28 Blue (very weak division)
Cozy: M&D Black
Windy Renegades 28
Apples: Pride 28 White

Eagle Stix beat M&D for a championship and Renegades beat Pride for the other championship.

This year it looks like the winner of Green and Blue will play for a championship and the winner of Red and Yellow will play for the other championship. For a true A level championship they should split Green into two smaller divisions and have the winners play against each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year had 4 Division winners:

Chilly: Eagle Stix 28 Blue (very weak division)
Cozy: M&D Black
Windy Renegades 28
Apples: Pride 28 White

Eagle Stix beat M&D for a championship and Renegades beat Pride for the other championship.

This year it looks like the winner of Green and Blue will play for a championship and the winner of Red and Yellow will play for the other championship. For a true A level championship they should split Green into two smaller divisions and have the winners play against each other.

Yes, agree. The only reason the finals was competitive last year was because eaglesticks was in the wrong division based on skill level. They either need to mix up the divisions to make them more balanced and then have the winner of each play eachother or make it where the 1st and 2nd of blue play eachother and the 1st and 2nd place in green play eachother to be the champion of their division. Not sure the current format benefits either division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green Division

Coppermine Black
Crush
Eagle Stix
Hoco Black
M&D Black
MD United East
NEMS
Pride Red

Blue Division

MD United West
Next Level
STARS Light Blue
Xtreme
Integrity
M&D Ref
PPLC Blue
Pride Red Loudoun

They should just let Coppermine Black, Crush, Eagle Stix, M&D Black and MD United East fight it out. No reason to have those other clubs in that division. They won't be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should just let Coppermine Black, Crush, Eagle Stix, M&D Black and MD United East fight it out. No reason to have those other clubs in that division. They won't be competitive.

Agree on that. Or if anything, mix up Blue and Green divisions more so you have strong teams across both and then weak in both. The Blue division has zero shot at coming close in the champ game against any of those 5 listed. Looks like there's a lot more teams this year than last but they didn't account for it well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MidAtlantic Showcase divisions were posted on Tourney Machine this weekend. There are 5 of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MidAtlantic Showcase divisions were posted on Tourney Machine this weekend. There are 5 of them.
No Coppermine or Crush. At least the Divisions look somewhat balanced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pink has all the best teams in it. It's not balanced at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crush in the tournament and mislabeled under Orange Crush (New York) in Purple?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pink has all the best teams in it. It's not balanced at all.
I believe the competition within each Division is balanced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crush in the tournament and mislabeled under Orange Crush (New York) in Purple?

No, Orange Crush is in the Tournament (the NY team).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the fall season kick off for everyone? Is National Fall lax Fest the 1st for everyone, or are sone teams playing this weekend or next?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the fall season kick off for everyone? Is National Fall lax Fest the 1st for everyone, or are sone teams playing this weekend or next?

Speaking if national lax fest, the schedule is on tourney machine. We already discussed the disparity between the 2 divisions, but there is definitely some disparity in the strength of schedule as well. Crush doesn't play any of the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking if national lax fest, the schedule is on tourney machine. We already discussed the disparity between the 2 divisions, but there is definitely some disparity in the strength of schedule as well. Crush doesn't play any of the top teams.
The Director of NEMS should be fired for placing them in the top Division. Them being in the Division really screwed up the scheduling. They have the pleasure of playing Crush, MD United, and Eagle Stix. I think Pride Red has the toughest schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedules look off balanced for some. There's a possibility at least 3 or more teams in the Green division go 3-0. Looks like the schedules and formatting need some attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Director of NEMS should be fired for placing them in the top Division. Them being in the Division really screwed up the scheduling. They have the pleasure of playing Crush, MD United, and Eagle Stix. I think Pride Red has the toughest schedule.

Agree on both topics. NEMS needs to be moved out ASAP.

Pride will be lucky to keep those games within 5 or 6 goals. Rough day for them ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pride will be lucky to keep those games within 5 or 6 goals. Rough day for them ahead.

NEMS is much improved, they will keep these games close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS was 4-4 in the B division. Even if they are "much improved" that would put them on the level of the top B/Lower A teams (NL, Stars, Coppermine Blue, Pride Red, Heros White, and MDU West) . That would not jump them to being competitive with Eagle Stix, Crush and MDU East.

What additions did they acquire to make you think they are competitive with top 10 teams so suddenly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedules look off balanced for some. There's a possibility at least 3 or more teams in the Green division go 3-0. Looks like the schedules and formatting need some attention.

I'm curious on how the draws are done....do they literally draw out of a hat so to speak or is there someone who puts them together based on some knowledge of the teams. The latter seems unlikely due to some of the draws I have seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS was 4-4 in the B division. Even if they are "much improved" that would put them on the level of the top B/Lower A teams (NL, Stars, Coppermine Blue, Pride Red, Heros White, and MDU West) . That would not jump them to being competitive with Eagle Stix, Crush and MDU East.

What additions did they acquire to make you think they are competitive with top 10 teams so suddenly?
I believe they added some rec players to take them over the top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a 2028 boys dad who clicked into this thread mistakenly.

After scrolling through two pages I’ll just say this thread is infinitely more mature and less awful than the 2028 boys thread.

Heading back to the disaster now but just wanted to chime in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm curious on how the draws are done....do they literally draw out of a hat so to speak or is there someone who puts them together based on some knowledge of the teams. The latter seems unlikely due to some of the draws I have seen.
I think Club Directors request their teams play in A level Divisions, B level Divisions, and so on. Obviously, some directors request their teams in divisions they do not belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After scrolling through two pages I’ll just say this thread is infinitely more mature and less awful than the 2028 boys thread.

Is someone gonna tell him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is someone gonna tell him?

that the curb shoppe on falls rd closed once the mine parents were called out? j/k that was such a ridiculous rumor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the top teams will have to run up the scores in order to get he bester goal differential - assuming that the tie breaker.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 79 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard