BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2020 (6th Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 3:00pm

9/7, Team 91, 9:00am
9/7, fl$, 11:00am
9/7, Blaze, 2:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 4:00pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm

9/8, fl$, 11:00am

9/14, True Blue, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 12:00pm
9/14, Outlaws, 2:00pm
9/14, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/15, Legacy, 9:00am
9/15, True Blue, 12:00pm
9/15, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/21, Legacy, 9:00am

9/22, Recon, 8:00pm

9/29, Thunder, 9:00am

10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2020 (6th Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/24, Outlaws, 3:00pm

9/7, Team 91, 9:00am
9/7, fl$, 11:00am
9/7, Blaze, 2:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 4:00pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm

9/8, fl$, 11:00am

9/14, True Blue, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 12:00pm
9/14, Outlaws, 2:00pm
9/14, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/15, Legacy, 9:00am
9/15, True Blue, 12:00pm
9/15, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/21, Legacy, 9:00am

9/22, Recon, 8:00pm

9/29, Thunder, 9:00am

10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

Looks like the Express and Tomahawks are the holdouts at announcing tryout dates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you cage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad my son plays in this age group. It seems that this age level has less chest thumping parents saying how great their teams are, and how bad the other teams are.
Unfortunately, it seems with the amount of parents living vicariously thru their kids these days it probably won't last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazingly, there now are over 20 travel clubs on L.I. to tryout for in this age group.
This will certainly reduce the number of players that will attend the various tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amazingly, there now are over 20 travel clubs on L.I. to tryout for in this age group.
This will certainly reduce the number of players that will attend the various tryouts.

It will reduce the number of kids at each try out, and dilute the talent across many teams. I am not sure Long Island is going in the right direction. I like that there are so many choices for a kid to play, and it seems if you have the money, you can find a team to play for... BUT- the abundance of pay to play club teams are pulling players here and there and I think it is hurting the top teams and we are not going to be able to compete with top teams from other states that may draw talent from a region but only have 1-2 teams with the best talent from a large area.

OTOH- I like that lax is becoming accessible for all- and you can now go to any town in LI and see a bunch of kids walking with lax sticks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from Crush and Express A- which clubs have solid A teams at 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team L.I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from Crush and Express A- which clubs have solid A teams at 2020?

How can you tell when tryouts haven't even happened yet. Players shift all the time so ask the same question in July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there not.

Who is not? And it would be they're or they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sage, this is great. Do you have an updated listing?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sage, this is great. Do you have an updated listing?
We published updated Tryout Indexes on August 11th and August 20th to our Newsletter Subscribers. (If you are not currently subscribing to the Newsletter, why not?)

All of the latest tryouts still on offer are listed just above the scroll and also on the Tryouts Forum. While they are not all indexed by age group, they are all listed for your reference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the turnout for the 2020 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams will Express and 91 have? 3 or 4? With all the travel teams there are now, I wonder if they will be to get people to pay big money to be on a "b" or "c" team like they have been able to in the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have been told, 91 will have 4 teams at 2020- that includes 1 Stampede team. This is what they had last year as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of choices out there. Have to do your homework and identify what is important to your family and your child. Of course there are new teams available and club mergers that make the choice harder. With these news options, you're not going to know what you're into until it's too late to change. Hate to gamble with kids expeirence. It'd be nice if the clubs were more transparent and the tryouts really had no reserved spots - but we all know thats not the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who got lost in the shuffle and didn't get the invite for 2020 Express or fl$ "A" teams, I would look at True Blue if you live in Nassau or Legacy in Suffolk. TB won the Maverick "A" championship last year, and Legacy is getting the top players from 91 White and last year's Riptide teams. Maybe a couple of very good additions will get them close to Express A. Obviously, none of them can touch 91 Orange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is also picking up 2 or 3 2020 terps and 1 or 2 crush and a handful of smithtown kids. With Zummo and Fiore coaching should be a very solid team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is also picking up 2 or 3 2020 terps and 1 or 2 crush and a handful of smithtown kids. With Zummo and Fiore coaching should be a very solid team
Where are you getting that information from? There's no way Crush players are going to quit to play for Legacy. Their parents egos couldn't handle it. Same probably goes for terps. Zummo will get some 91 white players. How many Smithtown players going to travel to Islip for practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know where True Blue practices? Is it just a summer tourney team, or do they run all year round?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of 91 White 2020 was at the 91 tryout. I don't think they are definitely going to Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of those teams (Legacy or True Blue or fl$ for that matter) can come close to Express A - there are further away from Express A than Express A is from Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know this to be true, how? So then this is not a tryout, it sounds to be a hand picked team already. So no reason I should waste my time and bring my son to the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know where True Blue practices? Is it just a summer tourney team, or do they run all year round?

Massapequa, and they will be training all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of those teams (Legacy or True Blue or fl$ for that matter) can come close to Express A - there are further away from Express A than Express A is from Crush.

When is the last time Express A played against 91 A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush? They rent there only two legit players from the dune dawgs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush? They rent there only two legit players from the dune dawgs

They cannot do so well playing a year up and only have two legit players. That is nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure no terps or 91A are going to legacy. This is all hype by legacy to increase the tryout turnout which I hear is meager so far.

Why do you think Legacy had to merge with riptide before the tryouts even occured?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush beats Express very easily every time. Not a contest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure no terps or 91A are going to legacy. This is all hype by legacy to increase the tryout turnout which I hear is meager so far.

Why do you think Legacy had to merge with riptide before the tryouts even occured?

Legacy will be a very good team this year. They have some real talent already committed, and several 91a and terps will be trying out. Should be interesting how it all plays out. The reason some kids want to leave teams like 91a and terps, is that they are not getting enough playing time. This does not mean that they are not excellent players, just that thay are not the connected dad's sons. Watch out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silly. I have seen the crush play at several different tournaments and they have alot of talent all around. They have a big lefty attackman that For His Age is by a mile the best kid I have ever seen play at that position and as far a I know doesnt play for any other team. If that kid is for rent, I would like to rent him for a couple of summer tournaments for our program along with a few other kids from the crush team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush beats Express very easily every time. Not a contest!
Does this make you feel important that your 11 year old is on a good team? You must not have a lot going on. I think the people that boast the most about a certain team's success are usually the parents of kids that are not the top players.

I am pretty sure you did not excel in athletics, because if you did you would not boast about a team of 11 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy will be a very good team this year. They have some real talent already committed, and several 91a and terps will be trying out. Should be interesting how it all plays out. The reason some kids want to leave teams like 91a and terps, is that they are not getting enough playing time. This does not mean that they are not excellent players, just that thay are not the connected dad's sons. Watch out!

Keep dreaming!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep dreaming!

About what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking a couple kids off 91 B team some riptide kids and a couple express kids is NOT going to put you in that discussion of an A team. Its great you have a program you like and good coaching, its whats important but perspective. As far as other 2020's I must admit doubting the Crush but after seeing them this past summer they are at a completely different ability level, playing up too. Express are the next best and are also very talented after that I admit it is a pack of teams. All good for the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why we practice The gap will continue to close. Remember 91 did not exist 4 years ago!!!!! Seems a lot of people are threatened by Legacy at all age groups. I like that we will have another reputable clu looking to build a AA program it will raise the bar everywhere. Already seem like it has begun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking a couple kids off 91 B team some riptide kids and a couple express kids is NOT going to put you in that discussion of an A team. Its great you have a program you like and good coaching, its whats important but perspective. As far as other 2020's I must admit doubting the Crush but after seeing them this past summer they are at a completely different ability level, playing up too. Express are the next best and are also very talented after that I admit it is a pack of teams. All good for the game.

You are funny, kids grow and change at this age. Iv'e been through it twice before, and am now going through it again. I would agree that Crush at this particular time is the best on LI. As for other states, there is a lot of talent out there. As for Express A, very good team, but definately beatable. We will see what happens, you should never rule anyone out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about putting the cart before the Horse! Also Crush plays most tournaments off the Island out of state as well as winning the Nationals in Florida, hope that clears up there out of state ability. The express is very, very good,winning a ton of tournaments themselves, please slow down. Of course things change as kids get older but we are talking about the current state of 2020. Its all good for the sport but putting Legacy as an elite club right now is unfair to Tom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why we practice The gap will continue to close. Remember 91 did not exist 4 years ago!!!!! Seems a lot of people are threatened by Legacy at all age groups. I like that we will have another reputable clu looking to build a AA program it will raise the bar everywhere. Already seem like it has begun

Calm down...so far, all you've done is change the jerseys from Riptide to Legacy, and merge teams at on grade level. I think Legacy will grow to be a good program, but now you're putting it up there with 91 already. C'mon, give it some time...tryouts haven't even happened yet!

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard