BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2026-9th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe you do ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the Turtles team fold?

No. New coaches.
new coaches because half the team left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. New coaches.

No problem with the Turtles is the CEO head chees-Mo is to cheap to hire coaches and subs them out with cash register boys from Lacrosse Unlimited or daddy coaches . 27 went bad now 26’s. . His era from 2017 is done brah ….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont see Legacy ranked aernt they a AA team ?

They are not a AA. See how they do when they go to Delaware soon .

Went far back for this one.
Who are the dad coaches that everyone says they have?

Does legacy have daddy coaches ?

2 on the staff I believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.

I think this post really hits home for a lot of us. While I have really enjoyed the time with my kids, I too can’t wait for the travel scene to be over. And with fairly young kids in it, I have a ways to go. I’m tired of the shady club owners. I’m tired of the parents who love to bash other kids on their own team. I’m tired of the back door deals before you even show up to tryouts. I think a lot of us are tired of it all. The travel lacrosse scene has evolved into the modern era snake oil salesman. If you complain about it, they take it out on your kid. We keep doing it because our kids love the game……that’s it. If my kid told me tomorrow he didn’t want to play travel lacrosse anymore, I would be relieved. How sad is that

You just summed up travel lacrosse, sadly. The back door deals before tryouts especially rang true this year for my younger player. teams already knew who they were taking but held tryouts and made tons of money and regardless how your kid did he wasn’t making it. Parents were literally talking about it on the sidelines that their kid was already on the team.

The positives are the good friendships made between kids and sometimes adults. My kids still look forward to tournaments, they love to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed .....cant tell you how many parents said " it was nice to not think about lacrosse for a while at the end of the summer ". It's a sad state of affairs....we are making these coaches/directors rich for what ? Sorry to say but nationally lacrosse is still a nothing sport , 1% youth participation rate nationally and that's a fact . Yet,somehow these coaches/directors walk around like they are some really important people while stuffing their pockets . Theae guys are sad individuals with egos based on an almost unrecognized sport .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed .....cant tell you how many parents said " it was nice to not think about lacrosse for a while at the end of the summer ". It's a sad state of affairs....we are making these coaches/directors rich for what ? Sorry to say but nationally lacrosse is still a nothing sport , 1% youth participation rate nationally and that's a fact . Yet,somehow these coaches/directors walk around like they are some really important people while stuffing their pockets . Theae guys are sad individuals with egos based on an almost unrecognized sport .
Both post above total facts . I Been saying the same forever. Koolaid drinking parents think college is free lucky you get 1/3 or no more than 5k for a 2/3 day practice/workout in college while the student body doesn’t even go to the game .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did you hear about the coaching change? Any idea who the new coaches are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. New coaches.

No problem with the Turtles is the CEO head chees-Mo is to cheap to hire coaches and subs them out with cash register boys from Lacrosse Unlimited or daddy coaches . 27 went bad now 26’s. . His era from 2017 is done brah ….

When they restarted the program they had some decent interest and were able to get decent teams going. I know they were trying to get to the A level. 2023 and 2025 was their best teams. 23s are done with travel and not sure where the 25s stand now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. New coaches.

How did you hear about the coaching change? Any idea who the new coaches are?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. New coaches.

When they restarted the program they had some decent interest and were able to get decent teams going. I know they were trying to get to the A level. 2023 and 2025 was their best teams. 23s are done with travel and not sure where the 25s stand now.

How many kids jumped ship ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. New coaches.

How many kids jumped ship ?

more than 5, less than 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who won fall jam ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who won fall jam ?
Well Played!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine defeated T26 5-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean who won the " fall [Censored] " tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much to talk about with Fall Jam. Uneventful, no competition, Express had C and D teams entered, 27 team won the 26 bracket. Sounds like the fun happened at Kellenberg with Express and S2S beating up Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Legacy didn’t improve much . Cant win out of state and can beat a middle school team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Legacy didn’t improve much . Cant win out of state and can beat a middle school team .

Legacy is a nice b level program. Nothing wrong with that. Their 24 team is obviously off the charts. After that all their teams have a big dropoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy is a nice b level program. Nothing wrong with that. Their 24 team is obviously off the charts. After that all their teams have a big dropoff.
Watched the game against 91s 2027 team. They had no chance. Lost face offs, defense let up 5 goals in first 5 minutes, couldn’t keep ball on offense, didn’t make any adjustments to their lineup and 91 kept coming. 91 was aggressive, fast paced, capitalized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine vs T26 was best game of the day. Machine parents and T26 parents sat together in the stands and watched their children battle it out and leave it on the field . Nothing more should be said it was a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the game against 91s 2027 team. They had no chance. Lost face offs, defense let up 5 goals in first 5 minutes, couldn’t keep ball on offense, didn’t make any adjustments to their lineup and 91 kept coming. 91 was aggressive, fast paced, capitalized.

This 2027 91 team will eventually be like there 2020 2022 2023 2024 where half the will have St. Anthony’s helmets and Chaminade helmets and probably everyone will be recruited D1 if not a good D2. Special team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Legacy parent but that is a good team. Definitely not B. A B level team would have gotten destroyed against that machine team. Legacy was in that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the under

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Legacy parent but that is a good team. Definitely not B. A B level team would have gotten destroyed against that machine team. Legacy was in that game.

B+ plus at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine vs T26 was best game of the day. Machine parents and T26 parents sat together in the stands and watched their children battle it out and leave it on the field . Nothing more should be said it was a good game.

The only reason T26 even made it to the final was because of the cupcake schedule they had. They beat Express' 3rd and 4th team and TB (barely).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy hadn't let up a goal until the 3rd game. Agreed that they were outmatched in the Machine game. But it was the tale of 2 halves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B+ plus at best.
Legacy was never in that game. Not sure what you saw but they didnt come any closer than 4-5 goals difference. It was 5-0 or 5-1 within 7 minutes and only slowed down when 91 let some of their other kids get in the game and they were moving the ball around. Legacy kept most of the same kids on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B+ plus at best.
Legacy was never in that game. Not sure what you saw but they didnt come any closer than 4-5 goals difference. It was 5-0 or 5-1 within 7 minutes and only slowed down when 91 let some of their other kids get in the game and they were moving the ball around. Legacy kept most of the same kids on the field.

Perhaps you're replying to the wrong post, but their stake in that game, doesn't preclude them from being a decent team.
I always love how parents focus on one team and try to bring them down. I always wonder what the reasons are for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B+ plus at best.

Perhaps you're replying to the wrong post, but their stake in that game, doesn't preclude them from being a decent team.
I always love how parents focus on one team and try to bring them down. I always wonder what the reasons are for that.

Because they have nothing eles in to worry about 24/7 for dead end mean nothing sport at the end of the day .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a B level team. They got thoroughly beaten by an 8th grade team . When they are put in A brackets they get destroyed. And when someone starts a statement with “I’m not (team name) parent but …….they are definitely a parent of that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This 2027 91 team will eventually be like there 2020 2022 2023 2024 where half the will have St. Anthony’s helmets and Chaminade helmets and probably everyone will be recruited D1 if not a good D2. Special team .

Nope. They will all be wearing Massapequa helmets and be recruited by Adelphi. Now take your special team back to the 2027 thread. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy hadn't let up a goal until the 3rd game. Agreed that they were outmatched in the Machine game. But it was the tale of 2 halves.
First two games were against subpar teams... TB and one of Express' C or D teams. Holding those two teams to no goals means nothing. The only competitive team was the 2027 Machine team and they crumbled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First two games were against subpar teams... TB and one of Express' C or D teams. Holding those two teams to no goals means nothing. The only competitive team was the 2027 Machine team and they crumbled.

9-4 against the best 2027 team in the country and that’s probably the first tournament Legacy played this year as a new team. Yet you people are ridiculing ? That’s ridiculous. Btw, True Blue is a pretty good team themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9-4 against the best 2027 team in the country and that’s probably the first tournament Legacy played this year as a new team. Yet you people are ridiculing ? That’s ridiculous. Btw, True Blue is a pretty good team themselves.

Give it a rest. If you're an "A" team you beat teams that are a year younger than you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest. If you're an "A" team you beat teams that are a year younger than you.
Exactly. Losing to a team who is 3rd ranked in the nation and a year younger shouldn't mean you did well considering the loss. As good as the 91 team is, they didn't beat top level 2026 teams last year. They beat mostly B teams in the 2026 tourneys they played in. Legacy shouldn't be making excuses. They know they aren't an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Losing to a team who is 3rd ranked in the nation and a year younger shouldn't mean you did well considering the loss. As good as the 91 team is, they didn't beat top level 2026 teams last year. They beat mostly B teams in the 2026 tourneys they played in. Legacy shouldn't be making excuses. They know they aren't an A team.

Begs the question, Why do you care?
Unless you're scared of getting beat by them, move on to another team/topic.
I also detest to break it to everyone, but 95% of the teams from LI in this age group can be considered B. After CoachC and 91 there is a tremendous fall off. So knock it off.
If your son is on one of those 2 teams, yay for him. If not, enough. Get over the minutia of AA/A/B/C - it's lunacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall NAL looks stacked. I know…fall ball, kids missing, etc. but that Group D is the group of death at the 2026 level. Hawks, CoachC, Towermen and 3d NE Red. Most of the top 20 there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that this is correct. Sweetlax Upstate contains boys from the Syracuse Rochester area of NY.. LIE has kids form CT. NY,PA NJ, MA., doesn't really seem like a "NY" team to me.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard