BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Relax buddy!!! That is genuine opinion. And let's look at recruiting. How many kids in the last 10 yrs out of kellenberg went div 1? So let's see what answer u have for that? I guess your son couldn't make one of those teams so u bash it!

According to Ty Xanders- a 2017 from Kellenberg verbally committed to Fairfield very recently.

My bad- read it wrong- commit was from Chaminade. Congrats either way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My reply wasn't really about the comparison of St Ants , chamimade , or Kellenberg . It was about the idiot asking what club your on , and if it's A or B. In 7th grade none the less. And BTW my son is on one of those A teams and there are a few on the team actually both organizations A teams that aren't better than some of the kids that tried out and didn't make it. I must have hit a sore spot. What are YOU hiding ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I get it. We are on the same page. I was just asking in the context of if in a year, he still wants to continue playing competitively. Would Kellenberg be an option? I think his two HS choices are going to be there and Chaminade. He likely can't play at Chaminade but if Kellenberg affords him a realistic opportunity to play and enjoy high school a little more, then maybe we factor it in. He is my first kid going to HS so I am just trying to understand the competitive landscape. Maybe he will decide that he wants to give up lax and become a tuba player in the marching band, then so be it. I don't think he will be playing DI but I guess you never know.
This is not to belittle or demean but I don' think a decision should be based on whether or not your son will one day wind up playing Varsity Lacrosse. What happens if he gets hurt? He falls out of favor with the coach for some unknown reason, he tires of lacrosse, the academic rigors are more than can handle and play sports. The decision to attend these schools mentioned should be about the right fit academically and socially before ANY sport comes into your decision. I just went through this my son, and those were our deciding factors before sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax buddy!!! That is genuine opinion. And let's look at recruiting. How many kids in the last 10 yrs out of kellenberg went div 1? So let's see what answer u have for that? I guess your son couldn't make one of those teams so u bash it!

I am sure you don't know how many kids went D1 from Kellenberg. That is not the point. The original poster wanted to know the difference between the 3 schools. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are two of the top programs in the country every year. They get majority of the “elite” lax players around LI. Both schools have over 100 players try out for their Varsity teams. They only take 30. So that means 70 or so players will not be playing at their schools. Chaminade is better academically. Kellenberg is the “baby brother” school of Chaminade. They generally follow the same academic standards and curriculum. Kellenberg’s Lacrosse team is a couple of steps (3-4) below the “top two”. I know the coach (who coached at St.Anthony’s and is an Express director) is trying to build a program (he has been there 3 years I think). He gets some really good kids and some not so good kids. I am sure some of them went “somewhere” to have the privilege of playing lacrosse in college. But the bottom line is education. All three schools are excellent academically and send 99% of their graduates to college. And those colleges don’t care about whether or not the student was on an A or B travel team in 7th grade….

Sorry to break it to you, St Anthonys is NOT great academically!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 91 and express mumbo jumbo and your kid is on one of those 2019 teams. So why are u on if you just mocked them? We probably know each other lol. U are right that a few kids might be better then some of the A kids on those teams. But politics always comes into play. And I'm telling u that most of the kids who start at chaminade st ants are from the top A clubs on Long Island. Fact sparky!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 91 and express mumbo jumbo and your kid is on one of those 2019 teams. So why are u on if you just mocked them? We probably know each other lol. U are right that a few kids might be better then some of the A kids on those teams. But politics always comes into play. And I'm telling u that most of the kids who start at chaminade st ants are from the top A clubs on Long Island. Fact sparky!!!!

However, they only START for one year 12th grade, that's it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Face the fact that most of your children will not be playing D1 lax in college, it is a fact. Get an education and Kellenberg probably provides a better one than a lot of the public systems on L.I., at least in the privates they do not tolerate with the bullying and BS mentality a lot of the "meat heads" bring to their public schools. None of my children have attended Kellenberg, one goes to St. Anthony's but does not play lax, the others are in public school and play lax, St. A's is a great school if you make the most of it, trust me, opens a lot of doors whether you play lax or not...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When we ( the wife, son and I ) started looking at Catholic high schools it was explained to us simply
If you want academics and sports go to Chaminade
If you want academics and girls go to Kellenberg
If you want sports and girls go to St Anthonys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When we ( the wife, son and I ) started looking at Catholic high schools it was explained to us simply

Based on exactly what criteria is St Anthony's academically below Chaminade and Kellenberg? Test scores, water cooler jibber jabber...what? We'd like to see the facts please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. That was funny. I've heard the same thing from several people.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a Nade parent with an inferiority complex. St Anthony parents wouldn't stoop to such a low level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To address the OP's question, I wouldn't be surprised if Kellenberg begins to challenge the status quo in lacrosse by the time your son can play varsity there. A lot has changed at Kellenberg over the past few years and the school is realizing that sports are an important element for attracting a diverse student body and for enhancing school spirit. Kellenberg was, after all, the school that eliminated ice hockey because the sport doesn't reflect Catholic values, but that was a while ago.

Kellenberg today has many faculty and staff from Chaminade, including the head of the school. It's clear that by hiring Schwalje the school is committing to lacrosse in a big way. So, I think it moves Kellenerg closer to academics, girls and sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a Nade parent with an inferiority complex. St Anthony parents wouldn't stoop to such a low level.

Bottom line: St Anthonys is not good acaedmically. You may have smart kids attending but they are stifeled by the inferior curriculum and quaily of teaching. You go to SA for sports!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure you don't know how many kids went D1 from Kellenberg. That is not the point. The original poster wanted to know the difference between the 3 schools. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are two of the top programs in the country every year. They get majority of the “elite” lax players around LI. Both schools have over 100 players try out for their Varsity teams. They only take 30. So that means 70 or so players will not be playing at their schools. Chaminade is better academically. Kellenberg is the “baby brother” school of Chaminade. They generally follow the same academic standards and curriculum. Kellenberg’s Lacrosse team is a couple of steps (3-4) below the “top two”. I know the coach (who coached at St.Anthony’s and is an Express director) is trying to build a program (he has been there 3 years I think). He gets some really good kids and some not so good kids. I am sure some of them went “somewhere” to have the privilege of playing lacrosse in college. But the bottom line is education. All three schools are excellent academically and send 99% of their graduates to college. And those colleges don’t care about whether or not the student was on an A or B travel team in 7th grade….

Sorry to break it to you, St Anthonys is NOT great academically!

I was trying to be nice....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inferiority complex about what, US News and World Reports ranked Chaminade in the Top 100 High Schools in the United States for the school year 2012-2013 St Anthonys didn't make the top 100 for NYS. Also Chaminade swept St A in lacrosse for the same school year 3 and 0 so I guess Chaminade is a better school and better in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on exactly what criteria is St Anthony's academically below Chaminade and Kellenberg? Test scores, water cooler jibber jabber...what? We'd like to see the facts please!

Based on having never heard of a kid excepted to Chaminade and rejected by St. Anthony's - when people start saying that if they can't get into St. Anthony's they will go to Chaminade we can start talking about them being equal academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inferiority complex about what, US News and World Reports ranked Chaminade in the Top 100 High Schools in the United States for the school year 2012-2013 St Anthonys didn't make the top 100 for NYS. Also Chaminade swept St A in lacrosse for the same school year 3 and 0 so I guess Chaminade is a better school and better in lacrosse.
Inside Lacrosse also ranked Chaminade 6 and St A's 16 nationally this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inside Lacrosse also ranked Chaminade 6 and St A's 16 nationally this year

How does St John's rank academically in the mix of the others mentioned. I've heard first hand of some murmurs of pretty good players in the youth ranks talking about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line: St Anthonys is not good acaedmically. You may have smart kids attending but they are stifeled by the inferior curriculum and quaily of teaching. You go to SA for sports!

That's a baseless, gutless, worthless statement not based on anything remotely close to objective benchmarking. Try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is ridiculous. Chaminade and St. Anthony's are academically equal. I was accepted (back in the day) to all of my high school choices--Chaminade, St. Anthony's, St. Dominic's and Regis. I chose St. Anthony's--simply because it was academically equivalent but it was closer to my home in Huntington. Academically, and athletically, they are equal.

Quite frankly, Regis is academically (but not athletically or socially) superior to them all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are nuts if you think St. Anthony's is equal academically to Chaminade. They aren't even close. Everyone knows that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and Danny deviito looks like Brad Pitt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are nuts if you think St. Anthony's is equal academically to Chaminade. They aren't even close. Everyone knows that.

Says who? You and your band of Jealous haters from Chaminade? Biased and not credible. I know plenty of people who think St Anthony's has a better academic reputation. Depends on who you ask and what bias they have. Both are great schools and you are splitting hairs trying to differentiate one from the other academically or athletically. They are like mirror images in almost every way except coed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Ask a college admissions person and I'll wager that they'll tell you they are on equal footing or maybe a slight edge to St Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Ask a college admissions person and I'll wager that they'll tell you they are on equal footing or maybe a slight edge to St Anthony's.

That is comical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the admission test for St Anthony is the standard test for most Catholic schools (Kellenberg, st. John the Baptist, Holy Trinity, St Mary etc…) The admission test for Chaminade is a lot harder and to be considered to play a sport the G.P.A. thresh hold is higher. I have girls, and neither go to either school, but I do know people that attended both, and parents that have kids in both, and academically Chaminade is, without a question one of the best schools around, St. Anthony is a sports first school, it's not a knock at you, and no one said that the kids at st. Ants aren't great students, just that the admission policy to Chaminade is a lot stricter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid took the test , got accepted to every school but chaminade. I am sure he is not alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid took the test , got accepted to every school but chaminade. I am sure he is not alone.

I'm sure there are plenty of kids who got into Chaminade but not St Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the admission test for St Anthony is the standard test for most Catholic schools (Kellenberg, st. John the Baptist, Holy Trinity, St Mary etc…) The admission test for Chaminade is a lot harder and to be considered to play a sport the G.P.A. thresh hold is higher. I have girls, and neither go to either school, but I do know people that attended both, and parents that have kids in both, and academically Chaminade is, without a question one of the best schools around, St. Anthony is a sports first school, it's not a knock at you, and no one said that the kids at st. Ants aren't great students, just that the admission policy to Chaminade is a lot stricter.

Looking at the athletic facilities for Chaminade compared to their academic buildings i would say they are a sports first school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bigger surprise for Chaminade to beat St Anthons in anything on the field or in the classroom than the other way around where its just expected. Nough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the same test regardless of the school. As for admission to one over another, it's a bit of a black box. When taking the test the student ranks the schools based on preference. So, assuming a good result on the test, where a student ranks a school may be a factor in acceptance, particularly as it relates to quotas, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a recent Chami grad and a daughter currently attending St Anthony's here is my two cents. Chaminade in general is more selective in admissions and more demanding academically. Having said that St anthony's offers an excellent education and will no doubt prepare your kid for the academic challenges of college. The Friars put more of an emphasis on sports and enjoy the notoriety of winning. They are both great options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? You and your band of Jealous haters from Chaminade? Biased and not credible. I know plenty of people who think St Anthony's has a better academic reputation. Depends on who you ask and what bias they have. Both are great schools and you are splitting hairs trying to differentiate one from the other academically or athletically. They are like mirror images in almost every way except coed.

Take away the exchnage students at SA and you see a sharp decline in test scores - nobody can take you seriously when comparing the two academically. Ask the kids at SA and they will tell you that they have it infinitely easier when it comes to academics. Chaminade doesn't even take NYS Regents exams because the final exams are much more difficult. As an aside if you can't get into SA you can't get into any Catholic HS on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take away the exchnage students at SA and you see a sharp decline in test scores - nobody can take you seriously when comparing the two academically. Ask the kids at SA and they will tell you that they have it infinitely easier when it comes to academics. Chaminade doesn't even take NYS Regents exams because the final exams are much more difficult. As an aside if you can't get into SA you can't get into any Catholic HS on LI.

If its such crap then why so many Friars at the Ivys and Patriot League schools? They don't take great lax only kids. I don't see a lot of Chaminade grads going or playing at the Ivys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and this was explained you in such a way by whom a Marionist Brother? No offense but Kellenberg is not better than St A's academically. Isn't this thread about Coach S anyway? Good coach. Was well liked at St A's. His players will be well prepared and well coached. Just needs to get the talent to consider this place a viable option

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! We'll debate any and everything on BOTC. All good though. I have a son that will attend St. A's this fall. And it is well known that the more challenging educational curriculum is Chaminade - they tell you it is not for every kid. However, it is not a knock on St. A's. It is no walk in the park there either. Both are great schools (as is Kellenberg) that produce great students that go onto great schools. Let's put it this way I know kids that got into St A's and not Chaminade. I don't know any kids that kids that got into Chaminade and not St. A's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a girl from our town who left public school and went to St A!
1 Can not believe she scored well on the test to get in
2 Was not at all a student at public school where everyone passes. When was the last child left back !
3 parents said they give her time to adjust sooo no failing this year.
4 Do they throw kids out of St A for low grades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or you go to a public school with a strong academic and athletic program and save your money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a girl from our town who left public school and went to St A!
1 Can not believe she scored well on the test to get in
2 Was not at all a student at public school where everyone passes. When was the last child left back !
3 parents said they give her time to adjust sooo no failing this year.
4 Do they throw kids out of St A for low grades?

Why don't you worry about your children and not someone else's kids? I cannot believe your nerve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how is the new coach doing?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply