BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And legacy?
Boys played hard, we were missing a few players though. We should have beaten freedom, but overall it was a good day

We competed but went 0-3 , 27’s 0-3 . Travel tolls food and go 0-3 . Awesome!!!! Organization is hurting .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1)91
2)Express
3)No one

Not sure how far apart legacy and express are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the person that rips everyone apart.

You seem to be the only one ripping 12 yr olds, big man!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax dad here. You guys bicker more than the dads on the MD forum....didn't think hat was possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax dad here. You guys bicker more than the dads on the MD forum....didn't think hat was possible.

It’s really pathetic actually.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And legacy?
Boys played hard, we were missing a few players though. We should have beaten freedom, but overall it was a good day

We competed but went 0-3 , 27’s 0-3 . Travel tolls food and go 0-3 . Awesome!!!! Organization is hurting .

Now let’s blow thousands in Florida sign me up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure you are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure you are

Maryland forum is pretty busy right now as all the Holdback Dad’s are nervous about the USCL Reclass poll results. Apparently they are in the extreme minority when it comes to being against on age Lacrosse. Maybe you want to go back now and join them. Your secret is out and the scrutiny is beginning, enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad again. I don't care about holdbacks because my son is on age as defined by the public schoolers. I have been through this before because I have older kids as well and have gone through this in HS already. Importantly, nor do I live vicariously through my kids' lacrosse play...so whatever. If "they" (define "they" for me please) change the rules then everybody moves up or stays and it will all shake out. Once the kids hit HS if you still care about holdbacks you are going to be one very sadsack dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD teams cannot beat the LI teams if the change is made from grade to age. Since MD is predominantly private schools and really run club lacrosse, it will be shocking if the change happens despite the overwhelming majority of parents asking for the change to happen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD teams cannot beat the LI teams if the change is made from grade to age. Since MD is predominantly private schools and really run club lacrosse, it will be shocking if the change happens despite the overwhelming majority of parents asking for the change to happen.
Sticky socks here…. St Johns pasted St Anthony’s, what was it, something like 16-5?
Ironically, their goalie plays up a year in Club, not down.
How old is Spallina? 20?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sticky socks here…. St Johns pasted St Anthony’s, what was it, something like 16-5?
How old is Spallina? 20?

They beat everyone, not just St A’s ! Spallina is 19
Wasn’t the St John’s goalie a 2022 before he became a 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old is Spallina? 20?

Sorry not sure if my original comments posted

St. John’s beat everyone last year not just St Anthony’s.

Also adding the age question about JS.
JS turned 19 June of his Sr year.
Big tasty turns 19 February of his Sr year.
So if you want any to compare those two your guy is actually older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The MD teams cannot beat the LI teams if the change is made from grade to age. Since MD is predominantly private schools and really run club lacrosse, it will be shocking if the change happens despite the overwhelming majority of parents asking for the change to happen.
How old is Spallina? 20?

Wasn’t the St John’s goalie a 2022 before he became a 2023?[/quote
19 is still a Major holdback my child was 17 when he graduated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The MD teams cannot beat the LI teams if the change is made from grade to age. Since MD is predominantly private schools and really run club lacrosse, it will be shocking if the change happens despite the overwhelming majority of parents asking for the change to happen.
How old is Spallina? 20?

Wasn’t the St John’s goalie a 2022 before he became a 2023?[/quote
19 is still a Major holdback my child was 17 when he graduated.

17 is truly on the younger side. I would think most graduate at 18.

As per JS he’s def on the older side for LI standards but prob very comparable to the majority of the mid-Atlantic students.

Big tasty (the St. John goalie) who apparently “plays up” is a early 2004. Most LI / NY 2004’s are currently in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
How old is Spallina? 20?

C'mon, don't bring up the handful of outliers. LI has two private schools that play - Chaminade/St Anthony's. You'll find your holdbacks there. Everyone else goes to public school where you are not allowed to Pre-K or reclass. If you're a holdback in a public school in LI, its because you cant read or add very well, and no one wanted to be looked at as the old dense kid in school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
How old is Spallina? 20?

C'mon, don't bring up the handful of outliers. LI has two private schools that play - Chaminade/St Anthony's. You'll find your holdbacks there. Everyone else goes to public school where you are not allowed to Pre-K or reclass. If you're a holdback in a public school in LI, its because you cant read or add very well, and no one wanted to be looked at as the old dense kid in school.

Correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

17 is truly on the younger side. I would think most graduate at 18.

Everyone from LI public schools that have a July 1st - December 1st birthday graduates HS at age 17.
Unlike MD and in the South where everyone seems to graduate at the age of 19.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Columbus day tourney looks very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
How old is Spallina? 20?

Correct

Correct x2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Columbus day tourney looks very good

Where is the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty much all the decent teams will be playing next Monday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
How old is Spallina? 20?

Correct
We played two way at NLS, and they had two dudes that were the best players on the to a 2027 team. The venom coach told me firsthand that they are still 2027, but “thinking about re-classing and going to Brunswick next year.” That folks, is cheating. You can’t re-class and not actually re-class. Apparently they’re still in 2027 or eighth grade this fall. Priceless. Can’t wait to run into that team again soon, their parents were muppets too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is playing??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
How old is Spallina? 20?

Correct
We played two way at NLS, and they had two dudes that were the best players on the to a 2027 team. The venom coach told me firsthand that they are still 2027, but “thinking about re-classing and going to Brunswick next year.” That folks, is cheating. You can’t re-class and not actually re-class. Apparently they’re still in 2027 or eighth grade this fall. Priceless. Can’t wait to run into that team again soon, their parents were muppets too.

Yea, that's pretty awful but at this point, who cares. They are all cheating, regardless if they T-K, Pre-K, Reclass, pretend to reclass, its all the same situation. The only difference in this example is that these two didn't yet pay their private school fees to get away with it.

Are any 28's outside of LI left to play in the WSYL or are they all 29s? I feel bad for any of the on age kids in MD. I would imagine there are only a small handful on each team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks and reclassification are part of the game. The coaches and kids who get beat up by them accept it. The parents of the kids who get beat up by the older kids sort of accept it, although they do occasionally come on here to complain about the unfairness. And they are right to complain.
It’s the parents who have kids on these “older” teams that do not see it. They boast about certain clubs losing games and rip apart those clubs, particularly those on Long Island. Last spring venom was bashed because they lost a game or two down south. Really??? They are literally the best on age team in the entire country. These parents also bash the World Series as a waste of money and not a good tournament. Well, of course you’re gonna bash a tournament that simply will not allow your sons true team to participate in.
At least 10 of the top 20 ranked teams last year are NOT entering it with the same teams they field all year because they can not, as it would be an age violation. They are great teams with talented boys and obviously very committed parents and well coached. But facts are facts. And if they put together a legal team they will NOT win it because they will be missing all of their best (oldest) players.
Anyone else who is bashing a particular club on here, or worse yet, a particular player or insinuating about a certain position on a team, is simply upset that their kid got cut. It’s a fact. Either that or you have a personal issue with a coach or owner.
Moving forward keep the following in mind.
Kids are on here. They rarely post but they certainly read. Keep the insults of players and clubs to a minimum please. I can name 4 clubs that have been ripped apart and made fun of in the last month on this board. It’s not kids who are making these comments. But put yourselves in their shoes. They aren’t the best talent and they aren’t on the best team in their area and they come on here and read about the very team they are happy to be on getting bashed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is playing??
Venom,Express,Legacy,Rush,Rebels,Surge. Maybe BTB,Igloo,and Shore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virtue signaling as you tell the kids that you say are reading this that they aren’t the best talent smh. You had me until that.
Good points on the holdbacks though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us club posted World Series qualifiers dates. Sorry to all of those that try to say this isn’t legit, it’s only going to get better and more support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virtue signaling as you tell the kids that you say are reading this that they aren’t the best talent smh. You had me until that.
Good points on the holdbacks though

Not what I meant. Kids from all sorts of clubs and all talent levels read this forum. My point was about being specific about clubs and teams. I used an example of the “not best talent” to reiterate a point. Take venom for instance, literally the best on age team in the country. Yet people had the audacity to call them out for losing. The kid who reads that is just as vulnerable to the words of “adults”.
Not necessary to call out a specific team about them not being good. Its been done on here way to frequently. It’s completely unnecessary. I never mentioned specific clubs who get beat up on this forum and I did that on purpose. I should have prefaced it differently perhaps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us club posted World Series qualifiers dates. Sorry to all of those that try to say this isn’t legit, it’s only going to get better and more support.

Outside of the standard NY tourneys, where very rarely will you find holdbacks, It is the only legit event in youth club lacrosse...Sorry, but this is the truth.
No one is impressed with teams made up of older kids beating up on younger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least 10 of the top 20 ranked teams last year are NOT entering it with the same teams they field all year because they can not, as it would be an age violation. They are great teams with talented boys and obviously very committed parents and well coached. But facts are facts. And if they put together a legal team they will NOT win it because they will be missing all of their best (oldest) players.

Facts. This is happening throughout the country. You'll find clubs with regional and national teams but can't field a WSYL team for the very reasons noted above. It's comical at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan Migzzz has been doing a good job spamming every place there is to post about youth club lacrosse.

Give it a rest. Holdbacks [Censored]. We know. Who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe teams in The Circuit are allowed 3 age exceptions. Birth certificates, etc have to be submitted for verification.

I can appreciate the fact that these are all national teams playing each other. Beats national teams showing up to lesser quality tournaments just to win games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a group of people trying to make money off the holdback issue with the age verification thing they are pushing.

Hence how it was conveniently included in the USCL poll and is being intertwined in the circuit.

Youth lacrosse money grab disguised as caring about fairness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a group of people trying to make money off the holdback issue with the age verification thing they are pushing.

Hence how it was conveniently included in the USCL poll and is being intertwined in the circuit.

I think a lot of parents with kids playing at the youth level are pushing this more than anyone else!

Hence, why it was included in the USCL poll! Parents are doing a lot of reaching out to USA lacrosse and want it changed! They took the pole because they are hearing so much from parents about this.

Prep schools are pushing the “holdback agenda” and are also big Money grabs!!! More than Youth Lacrosse Clubs.

We as parents, should all care about fairness in the sport for the youth age kids. Give fair and equal opportunity for development in the sport of lacrosse. Not advantages to those who can afford to play the holdback card for a clear and obvious advantage ! We need rules changed to age based. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait til you crybabies see the teams this 7th grade season. All the best teams loaded up with even more holdbacks. All over the country mind you.

Full disclosure- I think lacrosse should be age based. But it’s not.

Should totally be. If it changes it will be for young kids who probably have not started playing yet. 2040s.

Go play soccer or stop crying. Or just play rec. Or only put your kid on age based tournaments. But stop crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait til you crybabies see the teams this 7th grade season. All the best teams loaded up with even more holdbacks. All over the country mind you.

Should totally be. If it changes it will be for young kids who probably have not started playing yet. 2040s.

Go play soccer or stop crying. Or just play rec. Or only put your kid on age based tournaments. But stop crying.

Ok Holdback daddy. Wah Wah !! This is a thread to discuss lacrosse related stuff. Parents have the right to discuss and comment on the rules. So waaah, waaash , if you don’t like it, stop reading. Parents should be discussing it and trying to get it changed! The rules are unfair and favor a certain group of people looking to find advantages. I’m sure you are one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Holdback daddy. Wah Wah !! This is a thread to discuss lacrosse related stuff. Parents have the right to discuss and comment on the rules. So waaah, waaash , if you don’t like it, stop reading. Parents should be discussing it and trying to get it changed! The rules are unfair and favor a certain group of people looking to find advantages. I’m sure you are one of them.

Nope. On age dad of a Maryland kid and a nephew who loves and plays on the Island. You’ve been spamming everything to the point the board is worthless. (Even more worthless than normal).

No one disagrees with you. But the crying and whining won’t make your son a better player. And it won’t effect any change from posting on botc.
It’s exhausting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not as much money as these private and prep schools are making off holdbacks. Not as much money as holdbacks are making off scholarships. If US Lacrosse wants to charge a few bucks a year to verify my kid’s age to ensure fairness and the safety of having age based lacrosse then I say count me in! Sign me up! Hopefully more tournaments like the NLF and NAL start requiring proof of age!!

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard