BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs

What great schools did Liberty girls commit to? Somebody on here keeps pumping them up

Duke. Columbia, USC, Harvard, Yale, Colgate , ASU, Binghamton, Ohio State. Some pretty great schools there.

Duke: Legit
USC: Legit
Yale: Anyone who can catch and throw and has deep pockets/Connections
Harvard: Anyone who can catch and throw and has deep pockets/Connections
Columbia: Anyone who can catch and throw and has deep pockets/Connection
Bing, Colgate, ASU, OSU not great lax, but solid schools

Just keeping it real! Many girls would be thrilled with any of those schools! All in top 100, many not great at lax. Congratulations to the girls! Liberty doing very well considering they didn’t have a strong summer showing at the big tournaments. Wondering what their secret is?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have the grades, and lax talent, and want to play good to great lacrosse, I would think you would choose Northwestern, Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Yale, Hopkins, Duke. It’s a “no brainer”!! And you will have a degree that will open many doors. If not, it’s the pursuit of a dream that probably won’t happen. Comes down to risk/benefit

Reminds me of that song from Sesame Street... One of these things... "Which one of these things doesn't belong here"....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs

What great schools did Liberty girls commit to? Somebody on here keeps pumping them up

Duke. Columbia, USC, Harvard, Yale, Colgate , ASU, Binghamton, Ohio State. Some pretty great schools there.

Just keeping it real! Many girls would be thrilled with any of those schools! All in top 100, many not great at lax. Congratulations to the girls! Liberty doing very well considering they didn’t have a strong summer showing at the big tournaments. Wondering what their secret is?

Wealthy Manhasset parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have the grades, and lax talent, and want to play good to great lacrosse, I would think you would choose Northwestern, Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Yale, Hopkins, Duke. It’s a “no brainer”!! And you will have a degree that will open many doors. If not, it’s the pursuit of a dream that probably won’t happen. Comes down to risk/benefit

LOL...One of the most short sighted statements I have seen in a while on here. Your forgot 1 major consideration captain "no brainer". A fat wallet! Not everyone can afford those schools. Not even close, I would say most kids that qualify by your definition dont realistically even consider the 80k+ schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. EVEN with wealthy parents. Those doors would probably not have opened to those girls without the lacrosse angle. See the acceptance rates! Lots of girls use lacrosse for the right reasons! To get into some of the hardest and best schools in the country! Only 6 to 8% of applications get into those schools. Congratulations Liberty girls on that achievement. Lots of people sound jealous on here.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close to keeping it real. The following is is one of the most ignorant statements ever posted on this site: "anyone who can catch and throw and has deep pockets/connections" .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. EVEN with wealthy parents. Those doors would probably not have opened to those girls without the lacrosse angle. See the acceptance rates! Lots of girls use lacrosse for the right reasons! To get into some of the hardest and best schools in the country! Only 6 to 8% of applications get into those schools. Congratulations Liberty girls on that achievement. Lots of people sound jealous on here.

Not jealous at all. They played the lacrosse game and won. Good for them! My point is that some of those schools are good at lacrosse and academics, and some are great schools with a lax team. Harvard, Yale and Columbia, do not support their athletes and you better not wear lax gear around campus either. Also you need to take the subway to the field at Columbia. Bus at Yale. I’m sure many would be willing to look past that for a great degree. Yale I would say would be the third best lax Ivy after Princeton and Penn. They have a good coach and some decent recruits coming in. Congratulations and good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High academic that gives money is the way to go. Duke, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Stanford.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reminds me of that song from Sesame Street... One of these things... "Which one of these things doesn't belong here"....

Which one? All of them have great lax programs, and are top 10 schools. Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins and Duke can also hand out athletic money. Win-Win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one? All of them have great lax programs, and are top 10 schools. Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins and Duke can also hand out athletic money. Win-Win

My guess would be Yale.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High academic that gives money is the way to go. Duke, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Stanford.

If you include Georgetown as High Academic than you should include Notre Dame, Michigan, UVA, USC, and UNC in this list. All similar to Georgetown academically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All great schools. Acceptance rates:
Georgetown 12%
Notre Dame 15%
USC 16%
Virginia 21%
Michigan 26%
Depends on if you prefer private or public.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you include Georgetown as High Academic than you should include Notre Dame, Michigan, UVA, USC, and UNC in this list. All similar to Georgetown academically.

Look at the endowment if you’re looking for need based aid. Some on par with the top Ivies. For us, need based aid was the equivalent of a 70% athletic grant. You can’t combine, so was better to decline the 50% athletic money. Turns out you can also get 7% “extra” combined with the need based for athletics. Be smart and investigate all options!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""Not jealous at all. They played the lacrosse game and won. Good for them! My point is that some of those schools are good at lacrosse and academics, and some are great schools with a lax team. Harvard, Yale and Columbia, do not support their athletes and you better not wear lax gear around campus either. Also you need to take the subway to the field at Columbia. Bus at Yale. I’m sure many would be willing to look past that for a great degree. Yale I would say would be the third best lax Ivy after Princeton and Penn. They have a good coach and some decent recruits coming in. Congratulations and good luck to all!""

Why would you say Yale is the 3rd best Ivy? Yale has not finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in more than 13 years (2010 - 2022) maybe longer. Yale has a better program than Columbia but that might be it. Maybe going forward they will become more competitive but they have been near the bottom for a long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Georgetown 12%
Notre Dame 15%
USC 16%
Virginia 21%
Michigan 26%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""Not jealous at all. They played the lacrosse game and won. Good for them! My point is that some of those schools are good at lacrosse and academics, and some are great schools with a lax team. Harvard, Yale and Columbia, do not support their athletes and you better not wear lax gear around campus either. Also you need to take the subway to the field at Columbia. Bus at Yale. I’m sure many would be willing to look past that for a great degree. Yale I would say would be the third best lax Ivy after Princeton and Penn. They have a good coach and some decent recruits coming in. Congratulations and good luck to all!""

Why would you say Yale is the 3rd best Ivy? Yale has not finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in more than 13 years (2010 - 2022) maybe longer. Yale has a better program than Columbia but that might be it. Maybe going forward they will become more competitive but they have been near the bottom for a long time.

Yale came in ranked 25 at the end of last season. Ahead of Penn, who did not have a good year. That puts them at #2 currently in the Ivies. Dartmouth was good before coach left for Stanford. Brown has potential too. But right now, Yale is #2 in Ivies, and will likely keep improving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale came in ranked 25 at the end of last season. Ahead of Penn, who did not have a good year. That puts them at #2 currently in the Ivies. Dartmouth was good before coach left for Stanford. Brown has potential too. But right now, Yale is #2 in Ivies, and will likely keep improving.

If you have ever walked through Cambridge you can’t
Throw a Stone without hitting an athlete wearing their
Team bag and jacket. They have over 40 varsity sports
With 20% of students being varsity athletes. Do your
Homework bro!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Homework bro!!

I know several student athletes that attend or have attended there. Professors do not like athletes there. Probably because they know that many are not on the same academic level as regular students. They do not care about their grueling schedules and are not at all sympathetic. I’m sure that is true at other top ranked academic schools too. The other complaint I hear a lot is that the facilities are not walking distance from campus. I don’t believe they have an indoor practice field either. They did just build a nice locker room/ gym and game field though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Homework bro!!

I know several student athletes that attend or have attended there. Professors do not like athletes there. Probably because they know that many are not on the same academic level as regular students. They do not care about their grueling schedules and are not at all sympathetic. I’m sure that is true at other top ranked academic schools too. The other complaint I hear a lot is that the facilities are not walking distance from campus. I don’t believe they have an indoor practice field either. They did just build a nice locker room/ gym and game field though.

I don't know about that. Go ask the 12 NFL players with Harvard degrees and the 20+ NHL players with Harvard degrees. I guess they found professors that were ok with athletes. As far as walking distance to facilities go stand on the Harvard street bridge and you'll see all the athletes walking or scootering to and from campus(unless you get a room on the quad then it's a tough walk) Oh yeah and they bubble the football stadium for the winter.. Other than that you're spot on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Homework bro!!

Sounds like you hang in a circle with a lot of complainers. You and your friends shout try focusing on the positives, life is a lot better when you look on the bright side of things. I guess you and your Harvard friends have not been taught the toughest arithmetic of all … “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings’.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lower d1 schools are after LI kids hard...Umass lowell reached out to my daughters entire team...whats the deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lower d1 schools are after LI kids hard...Umass lowell reached out to my daughters entire team...whats the deal?

Most schools have to cast a wide net, not every kid is beating down the door to go to most schools. there are a lot of great opportunities out there, help your daughter find the best fit, explore all possibilities.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Not just LI. Reached out to my daughter's non-hotbed team as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Georgetown 12%
Notre Dame 15%
USC 16%
Virginia 21%
Michigan 26%

Another important question for these Universities is do they allow you take any major or are you limited due to lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Georgetown 12%
Notre Dame 15%
USC 16%
Virginia 21%
Michigan 26%

Another important question for these Universities is do they allow you take any major or are you limited due to lacrosse?

Engineering and hard sciences are tough because of labs. Most schools won't flat out say that you can't take major X. Just that all classes need to be done by 2pm.

From my experience many science/engineering types who played college sports did summer school multiple years in order to fit all of their labs in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lower/Upper who cares !! great job for your team and the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not if they want everyone? It seems like interest just to get kids to their camp. Monmouth , FDU, and highpoint did the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not if they want everyone? It seems like interest just to get kids to their camp. Monmouth , FDU, and highpoint did the same thing.

If they are not a "top tier" school, how else are they supposed to attract potential recruits other than showing interest????? Any interest your daughter receives should be considered an honor; if its not the right fit for her, so be it and move on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2024 club got the best commitments from top to bottom? I would have to say 1. CT Grizzlies, 2. M&D , and 3. YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2024 club got the best commitments from top to bottom? I would have to say 1. CT Grizzlies, 2. M&D , and 3. YJ.

Just looked at CT Grizzlies website. That is an impressive list. 15 commits so far and only "lower" academic schools are Syracuse and MD. The 2023 class commits are amazing as well. 23 girls all to top academic schools. They are doing something right or maybe just families that can pay helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are not a "top tier" school, how else are they supposed to attract potential recruits other than showing interest????? Any interest your daughter receives should be considered an honor; if its not the right fit for her, so be it and move on...

A friend of mine is a college coach and they said it isn’t genuine interest. What they do is email the entire mailing list of any recruit who has emailed or filled out a questionnaire. It helps bring people into their fall camp. Don’t fall for it. Highpoint is a school that did this as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
friend of mine is a college coach and they said it isn’t genuine interest. What they do is email the entire mailing list of any recruit who has emailed or filled out a questionnaire. It helps bring people into their fall camp. Don’t fall for it. Highpoint is a school that did this as well

Once again the hypocrisy of what college coaches are allowed to do. God forbid you don't tell a college coach the truth about where their school stands on your list or you lead them on about your interest in their school.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
friend of mine is a college coach and they said it isn’t genuine interest. What they do is email the entire mailing list of any recruit who has emailed or filled out a questionnaire. It helps bring people into their fall camp. Don’t fall for it. Highpoint is a school that did this as well

Once again the hypocrisy of what college coaches are allowed to do. God forbid you don't tell a college coach the truth about where their school stands on your list or you lead them on about your interest in their school.....

Amen. Going through the recruiting process has been eye opening. These coaches preach mental health, etc yet have no problem lying to our kids and stringing them along for their own purposes. Disgusting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen. Going through the recruiting process has been eye opening. These coaches preach mental health, etc yet have no problem lying to our kids and stringing them along for their own purposes. Disgusting.

I don’t think it’s lying or stringing them along. They aren’t being disingenuous for the most part. I just think it’s two sets of rules. Have to respect the coach and let them know the minute you move on. But they are called out for ghosting kids. They have the excuse “well they are busy recruiting.” Nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think it’s lying or stringing them along. They aren’t being disingenuous for the most part. I just think it’s two sets of rules. Have to respect the coach and let them know the minute you move on. But they are called out for ghosting kids. They have the excuse “well they are busy recruiting.” Nonsense.

Understand what you are dealing with, read between the lines. Coaches make offers to the players that they want. If the coach is willing to talk to or meet with your daughter but not willing to offer her a spot it is very likely that the coach has other players ranked higher and is trying to commit them.

We constantly read on hear “don’t jump on the first offer”…. Parents and players seem to want to have their cake and eat it too.

The recruiting process is a wake up call for many, especially the people who can not realistically assess their child’s athleticism/lacrosse abilities.

Not trying to be mean or nasty, it’s just the way the process works, it’s reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Understand what you are dealing with, read between the lines. Coaches make offers to the players that they want. If the coach is willing to talk to or meet with your daughter but not willing to offer her a spot it is very likely that the coach has other players ranked higher and is trying to commit them.

We constantly read on hear “don’t jump on the first offer”…. Parents and players seem to want to have their cake and eat it too.

The recruiting process is a wake up call for many, especially the people who can not realistically assess their child’s athleticism/lacrosse abilities.

Not trying to be mean or nasty, it’s just the way the process works, it’s reality.

Not what I am talking about. I was specifically referring to the double standard of the player has to respect the time and energy of the coach and not the other way around. If the coach likes someone else and decides to pass on the kid, that is 100% fine but they should let them know that so they don't waste time or energy on that school anymore. Instead, the coaches will just not respond to the three emails a month the players have been told to send by their coordinators. The coach will hide under the "we are busy with recruiting" excuse. Or "you should check to see how many commits they have."

I wouldn't have an issue with that if they didn't get upset when the shoe is on the other foot.
When a coach likes a certain player, there's all these rules that a player should have respect for the coach and send an email as soon as the player has decided to cross that school off. That's a double standard. If a coach passes on a kid, they never let the kid know, why does the kid have to drop everything and email the fifteen coaches that want them.

To be clear, I think the kid should email the coach. But so should the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not what I am talking about. I was specifically referring to the double standard of the player has to respect the time and energy of the coach and not the other way around. If the coach likes someone else and decides to pass on the kid, that is 100% fine but they should let them know that so they don't waste time or energy on that school anymore. Instead, the coaches will just not respond to the three emails a month the players have been told to send by their coordinators. The coach will hide under the "we are busy with recruiting" excuse. Or "you should check to see how many commits they have."

I wouldn't have an issue with that if they didn't get upset when the shoe is on the other foot.
When a coach likes a certain player, there's all these rules that a player should have respect for the coach and send an email as soon as the player has decided to cross that school off. That's a double standard. If a coach passes on a kid, they never let the kid know, why does the kid have to drop everything and email the fifteen coaches that want them.

To be clear, I think the kid should email the coach. But so should the coach.

I'm not sure why you believe that "there's all these rules that a player should have respect for the coach and send an email as soon as the player has decided to cross that school off."

The only coaches a player should call (not email) are the coaches that actually extended an offer to the player. If the player was far enough along in the process, met with the head coach and the head coach offered the player a spot, the player should call the coach to let them know that they (the player) has accepted an offer from a different school/program. If the player has not sat face to face with the head coach and received an offer there is no need to inform the coach that the player is not interested in their school/program.

You are making it more complicated than it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another lowell moment: we just left the Marist camp along with the entire 91 roster. Their director needs to warn these kids that all colleges will reply with their camp info and that doesn’t mean they’re interested. Don’t waste your money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another lowell moment: we just left the Marist camp along with the entire 91 roster. Their director needs to warn these kids that all colleges will reply with their camp info and that doesn’t mean they’re interested. Don’t waste your money!

Why is it a waste of money ? How else are these kids going to get in front of a coach right now ? Maybe those girls are interested in Marist. You shouldn't cast such a wide blanket text like that. I bet some of those girls have Marist interested in them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like somebody doesnt like the competition.

Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard