BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 238 of 313 1 2 236 237 238 239 240 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CH might have the resources. But the results aren't great.
They lose one player in each of the past 2 years and their season tanks.
No bench development.
It's why they are bringing in one year rentals.
Yeah since CHC and Loyola [Censored] at football this year maybe they should be forced to go down to the B bracket with Gilman.... Boy Latin and St Pauls already know their limitations with other sports because really lacrosse is their only A bracket sport......... CHC also [Censored] real bad in basketball the past several years..... Lets move them to B .....Love that argument about moving now MIAA schools out of the MIAA A bracket in lacrosse....

My sons attend large MIAA schools and I agree that it's insane that a school has a $30M endowment and yet "I'm sorry sir we can't field an A level football team." Yes you can, you're just not successful at recruiting and growing winning teams.

That Loyola loss to MSJ. WOW. detest to be that head coach, brand new AD up in Knott Hall............1st 4 games include a 3OT loss to Georgetown Prep, OT loss to St. Marys and an absolute whooping by MSJ.

Schools don't use their endowments to pay for athletic programs. Even if it was, a $30 Mil endowment would be near the bottom of the MIAA A. That's about 1/3rd of McDonogh's endowment & 1/7th of Gilman's

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bench development.
Yeah since CHC and Loyola [Censored] at football this year maybe they should be forced to go down to the B bracket with Gilman.... Boy Latin and St Pauls already know their limitations with other sports because really lacrosse is their only A bracket sport......... CHC also [Censored] real bad in basketball the past several years..... Lets move them to B .....Love that argument about moving now MIAA schools out of the MIAA A bracket in lacrosse....

My sons attend large MIAA schools and I agree that it's insane that a school has a $30M endowment and yet "I'm sorry sir we can't field an A level football team." Yes you can, you're just not successful at recruiting and growing winning teams.

That Loyola loss to MSJ. WOW. detest to be that head coach, brand new AD up in Knott Hall............1st 4 games include a 3OT loss to Georgetown Prep, OT loss to St. Marys and an absolute whooping by MSJ.

Schools don't use their endowments to pay for athletic programs. Even if it was, a $30 Mil endowment would be near the bottom of the MIAA A. That's about 1/3rd of McDonogh's endowment & 1/7th of Gilman's

Both good points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bench development.

Wait until they play Spalding and Calvert Hall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB Football could knock off McD this week. Look for a strong rebound down the stretch for last year's Turkey Bowl winners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So BL, CH, McD parents - what’s worse; holdbacks or out of state transfers?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB Football could knock off McD this week. Look for a strong rebound down the stretch for last year's Turkey Bowl winners.
No one thinks about McD football. And even fewer care about the turkey game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD will pummel LB

LB is a joke. Should’ve stayed in B

B for lax also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private football is a joke too.
At least in Baltimore. The only quality program is StF. The rest are all soft.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD will pummel LB

LB is a joke. Should’ve stayed in B

B for lax also

McD wont pummel anyone this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, That's a pretty high bar. SF is ranked #3 in the nation with a real shot at running the table and ending up #1. Also have a Heisman candidate as an alum. Fact: The top MIAA football teams would kill almost every public school in the State. McD is down this year but believe they've done pretty well in Conference for the last several years (excluding the Covid year). Last year's LB football success was an anomaly. Sorry, that Program is not built for the weekly grind of the MIAA A Conference with a sprinkle of WCAC teams thrown in for good measure. A couple of very good skill players with several other good role players is not the recipe for sustained success in A Conference football. This program construct may win you a Turkey Bowl upset or two and keep the faithful from storming the Bastille:

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, That's a pretty high bar. SF is ranked #3 in the nation with a real shot at running the table and ending up #1. Also have a Heisman candidate as an alum. Fact: The top MIAA football teams would kill almost every public school in the State. McD is down this year but believe they've done pretty well in Conference for the last several years (excluding the Covid year). Last year's LB football success was an anomaly. Sorry, that Program is not built for the weekly grind of the MIAA A Conference with a sprinkle of WCAC teams thrown in for good measure. A couple of very good skill players with several other good role players is not the recipe for sustained success in A Conference football. This program construct may win you a Turkey Bowl upset or two and keep the faithful from storming the Bastille:

i guess there isn't a football forum where you can make anonymous comments about coaches/parents/kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is very young at key positions this year and their most elite player on offense and defense who is committed to Duke for football has not played a down because of a knee injury. I agree their program needs more depth to compete with MSJ and Spaulding of the MIAA. I heard their JV made up of mostly freshman is undefeated including a win over MSJ so perhaps they are on the right track to rebuilding the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the age limit to play in private schools? I know you can't turn 19 before August 31 in public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is very young at key positions this year and their most elite player on offense and defense who is committed to Duke for football has not played a down because of a knee injury. I agree their program needs more depth to compete with MSJ and Spaulding of the MIAA. I heard their JV made up of mostly freshman is undefeated including a win over MSJ so perhaps they are on the right track to rebuilding the program.

The recipe for success is not a big secret. Half of the starting line up is made up of experienced youth players who got playing varsity game time as freshmen or sophomores with the rest of the first string coming from a winning and super successful JV program. A commitment to recruiting at least 3 quality linemen per year, a great lifting and conditioning program and outstanding offensive and defensive line technique coaching will lead to dominance in the trenches and the skill players will flock to the program. Loyola has the facilities and the coaching staff: It needs 6-9 quality youth recruits per year with three of them being large athletic (for their size) linemen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the age limit to play in private schools? I know you can't turn 19 before August 31 in public.

same rule, but MIAA players >19 can play in out of league games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

same rule, but MIAA players >19 can play in out of league games

This allows them to compete against the post grad schools like Culver and Deerfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know its only Sept but looking forward - is there really any teams outside of BL, McD & CH that can actually win the ship next year?

And StP is definitely on the up but lets get real - they don't have the depth to beat the big 3 when it counts.

And will Gilman or MSJ come in last?

Inquiring minds want to know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know its only Sept but looking forward - is there really any teams outside of BL, McD & CH that can actually win the ship next year?

And StP is definitely on the up but lets get real - they don't have the depth to beat the big 3 when it counts.

You were that kid in grade school who constantly antagonized the kid in front of you, weren’t you?
It’s September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever heard of school from Annapolis called St. Mary’s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Mary’s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

StP peaked too late last season. They trounced McD and barely missed making the playoffs. Not saying they will make a run, but counting them out as without depth is underestimating the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were that kid in grade school who constantly antagonized the kid in front of you, weren’t you?
It’s September.

guilty as charged

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there any teams outside of BL, CHC & McD that are bringing in junior/senior transfers from in or out of state? There lies the answer....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there any teams outside of BL, CHC & McD that are bringing in junior/senior transfers from in or out of state? There lies the answer....
Negative........Pretty confident that MSJ has zero holdbacks on their team as well. MSJ does not give athletic money to any of it's students....accept maybe their Basketball program....All tuition aid help is based on finances....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't say enough good things about Boy's Latin and their ESS program, and I was very, very reluctant to even consider Boy's Latin.

BL is for the boys that cant get into Gilman . Keep it real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top MIAA football wouldnt kill ANY top MD public teams,,,NONE,,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the top 2023 recruit has jumped ship to UVA. Must have seen competition at Duke attack and not liked it. Cant think that UVA wont be as tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love for the MIAA football superiority claim to be true, but it's not. However, let's put some real numbers to it. There are maybe 5 public HS teams in MD that would have a solid chance of beating any MIAA team (Q Orchard, Milford, Dunbar, Broadneck, Arundel maybe). When you start looking at the level of ball being played below state rank #20 (top 5 public HS and maybe 3 MIAA schools), the level of football being played is pretty horrendous. For example, Loyola's giant egg against MSJ, or any game that St. Palotti plays in. It would be like arguing HS lacrosse rankings in Wyoming tbh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for Broadneck, currently a top ranked public team who lost to Spalding 38-3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for Broadneck, currently a top ranked public team who lost to Spalding 38-3?

Cant wait to see the comeback to that one.....Arundel plays St. Frances in a few weeks? Who's idea was that??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait till St Francis destroys Arundel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait till St Francis destroys Arundel

St. Frances -52. I'll give the points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because of the MIAA transfer rule, will a school put a freshman on varsity just to lock him in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because of the MIAA transfer rule, will a school put a freshman on varsity just to lock him in?

Yes lots of schools do this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disclaimer: lots of schools do about 1 of these per year, every year.

Most MIAA varsity teams have 4-5 freshmen on the roster. Sometimes only 2-3. Another 15-20 freshmen on JV. Another 15 on Fresh/Soph.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And a lot of schools will play 1 or 2 public or out of state teams in the early season to get those kids into a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still will be a blowout....it's St. Frances JV Team playing Arundel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Broadneck is nowhere near a top Public school. . Maybe in your mind..The better Public destroy most private prep schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Broadneck is nowhere near a top Public school. . Maybe in your mind..The better Public destroy most private prep schools

Broadneck was highly ranked when those schools played. Who are the top teams in your rankings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And a lot of schools will play 1 or 2 public or out of state teams in the early season to get those kids into a game.

Playing a public school team or out of conference team would not apply to the transfer rule. It's only if the player competes in an MIAA game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 238 of 313 1 2 236 237 238 239 240 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard