BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I predicted #9 changes schools. I thought it would be after a year on the bench at Duke, but no doubt he wouldn’t have stuck around there for 4.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As I predicted #9 changes schools. I thought it would be after a year on the bench at Duke, but no doubt he wouldn’t have stuck around there for 4.

Where did he change to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did he change to?

UVA. It was rumored to be his 1st choice last year, but he was disappointed with their facilities. Didn’t want to spend his time in the team trailers while UVA focuses on getting their football program elevated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did he change to?

UVA. It was rumored to be his 1st choice last year, but he was disappointed with their facilities. Didn’t want to spend his time in the team trailers while UVA focuses on getting their football program elevated.
Rumor has it no one cares. Kid should already be in college.... With all of this publicity by Ty Xanders, the pressure is on this kid to perform...... A lot of pressure for a kid that has yet to play in college... Inside lacrosse is a joke for putting this kid on their front page

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And in good ole Millon fashion, made the biggest week for the 24s about him.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to this amazing athlete and student. His success should be praised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did he change to?

Rumor has it no one cares. Kid should already be in college.... With all of this publicity by Ty Xanders, the pressure is on this kid to perform...... A lot of pressure for a kid that has yet to play in college... Inside lacrosse is a joke for putting this kid on their front page

Right. They should have put your 7836th ranked kid on the front page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't be putting any High Schoolers up there.....Since when does the lacrosse world idolize High Schoolers who have done nothing yet... We do understand that the kid i will be 20 yrs old when he finally gets to college...but still

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't be putting any High Schoolers up there.....Since when does the lacrosse world idolize High Schoolers who have done nothing yet... We do understand that the kid i will be 20 yrs old when he finally gets to college...but still
#1 has always had visibility at least in recent years. The #1 ‘22 signed a NIL deal with his coach’s brother. I have to believe Millon will be the next to announce a similar deal. Look for something from ECD if allowed by UVA or Warrior where dad used to work in Marketing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above referenced player is a great talent.

He is just a silver spooner whose had the cards and the entire deck stacked in his favor to coddle his success as much as possible.

Many people detest that. It’s symbolic of elitist lacrosse where connections and influence outshine talent.

That said I don’t know him or his family personally and I hope he does well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lars is trying to corner the market on [Censored] MIAA attack with the 2022 CH clown and the 2023 #9. Does Hughley have any eligibility if he can get released?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(Not?) coincidentally, both of the above mentioned MIAA attackmen have insufferable fathers/marketing managers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T91 has the #1 player in the nation in the 23 class, the #1 team in the nation in the 2025 team.

Best club in MD hands down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T91 has the #1 player in the nation in the 23 class, the #1 team in the nation in the 2025 team.

I'm scratching my head trying to think what those two facts have in common, but I'm just coming up with a millon different ideas that don't hit the mark.

And for argument's sake, I love it when anybody uses terms like "best" "hands down" "always" or "never"

2023 team #39 club in the country (#6 in MD, #7 in MD/DC)
2024 team #27 club in the country (#5 in MD)
2025 team #1 club in the country (#1 in MD)
2026 team #43 club in the country (#5 in MD, #7 in MD/DC)
2027 team #37 club in the country (#5 in MD, #7 in MD/DC)
2028 team #162 club in the country (#12 in MD, #14 in MD/DC)
2029 team and beyond - absolute jokes / simply a fundraiser for T91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm scratching my head trying to think what those two facts have in common, but I'm just coming up with a millon different ideas that don't hit the mark.

And for argument's sake, I love it when anybody uses terms like "best" "hands down" "always" or "never"

2023 team #39 club in the country (#6 in MD, #7 in MD/DC)
2024 team #27 club in the country (#5 in MD)
2025 team #1 club in the country (#1 in MD)
2026 team #43 club in the country (#5 in MD, #7 in MD/DC)
2027 team #37 club in the country (#5 in MD, #7 in MD/DC)
2028 team #162 club in the country (#12 in MD, #14 in MD/DC)
2029 team and beyond - absolute jokes / simply a fundraiser for T91

The #1 2023 player way a 2022 player for most of his life. The 22 team was always much stronger than the 23 team for 1 simple fact: Mark’s son was on it. To be fair, he would have been a top 20 recruit as a 22 but that wasn’t good enough so he reclassified and only selectively played for the 23 team.

What’s the common thread with the 25’s? #2 son’s team. All of 91 MD is focused on elevating those two players above all else. In that regard they have been successful, but there will be NO passion or focus on any other team (unless #2 reclasses) Everyone else plays a bit part in their production.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If #2 re-classes, he wouldn't be able to play his senior year in the MIAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In conference games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#2 isn’t reclassing. If he was the 2025 would have taken another top attack from a DMV team that tried out for 91 this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In conference games

He would fit in great at CH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In conference games

He'd fit in fine anywhere. Not a fan of their dad but Millon #2 is a really talented player. In time I think he will show similar power and much more finesse than big bro the Holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did he want to leave DCE?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did he want to leave DCE?

dce is a 2nd rate club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In conference games

He'd fit in fine anywhere. Not a fan of their dad but Millon #2 is a really talented player. In time I think he will show similar power and much more finesse than big bro the Holdback.

He'd fit in fine at CH because they have a bunch or reclasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the privates have to follow the same age requirements as publics? In the public schools, students who have reached the age of 19 years old or older as of August 31, are not allowed to practice or play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the privates have to follow the same age requirements as publics? In the public schools, students who have reached the age of 19 years old or older as of August 31, are not allowed to practice or play.

The problem with the publics is that this s rarely if ever enforced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not "19 or older" for public school, it's "older than 19." The DC and MD private school leagues have that same requirement, but it only applies to league sponsored events. For example, Calvert Hall had 1-2 kids this year (out of about 100 rostered lax players on all their teams) who had to sit out league games, but played in the expo games, pre-season games, etc. Nothing stopping a private school from having 20 year olds on the roster, except that they won't be able to play in 50-60% of games, including the "main prize" - league championships.

In private school, this (and common sense) are the only real barriers to double-holdbacks. And remember that we've seen starting players at top-10 D1 programs in the last 2 years at 24, 26 years old due to COVID. Curious if the D1 coaches want that to continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches do not care how old children are. Hopkins would run Rabil back out there if he had eligibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches do not care how old children are. Hopkins would run Rabil back out there if he had eligibility.

Coaches want to win , period! No shame in their game as far as how old players are. It’s not against any rules. The more experience, the better.

If rules do not change at the youth level, be prepared for a lot more double holdbacks at very young ages. Start Kindergarten year later, repeat a grade a little later and you got yourself a kid maybe 2 years older than the others! It’s getting fool.

However, it is not against the rules, and the older kid starts to dominate the younger players at youth age. There are major lacrosse advantages as far as developmental goes to it. Plus, if kid wants to play High level D1 in college, almost have to do it. Check out the commits.

If rules don’t change, this is going to get more out of hand. Let’s get back to some normalcy in youth sports and stop trying to game the system and get clear advantages. Lacrosse needs to go the way soccer does it. Period!

Stop all the holdback/re-class stuff at the youth level and let kids develop in the sport “on age”. Stop the clear advantages to the wealthy families who can afford to play the holdback card.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meh, I agree with you but there's an important difference. The "soccer community" decided 40 years ago that their primary goal was to saturate the landscape with youth soccer players, fields, coaches, and refs. Large parts of the country had HS with no soccer program well into the 1980s. "Developing Olympic Talent" became more of a niche moneymaker, much like club lax. But everyone in soccer (in this country) is onboard with "growing the game." That requires, among other things, fairness on the field.

I disagree with all of the following, but here goes............

That is just not so in lacrosse (in this country), where the majority of coaches and I'd bet half of USL employees have a vested interest or deep belief in keeping lacrosse elite and hard to access....."growing the game" is seen as important only to the extent that it serves to identify elite talent that King Krab, Millon, or Maddux can put on a plane from TX or TN or Utah on a friday afternoon.

High level youth lax is a status symbol ithat youth soccer has never been and never will be (except for womens Olympic Development stuff or the occasional American HS kid working out in England, Germany, or Spain). Making it fair would make it less elite, because the lax-specific holdback scenario (and ability to pay for travel) are the result of earning money (or the privilege of inheriting it).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not "19 or older" for public school, it's "older than 19." The DC and MD private school leagues have that same requirement, but it only applies to league sponsored events. For example, Calvert Hall had 1-2 kids this year (out of about 100 rostered lax players on all their teams) who had to sit out league games, but played in the expo games, pre-season games, etc. Nothing stopping a private school from having 20 year olds on the roster, except that they won't be able to play in 50-60% of games, including the "main prize" - league championships.

In private school, this (and common sense) are the only real barriers to double-holdbacks. And remember that we've seen starting players at top-10 D1 programs in the last 2 years at 24, 26 years old due to COVID. Curious if the D1 coaches want that to continue.

No, it's 19 or older before August 31st - the MIAA rule is first, then the MPSSAA rule:

2. Age Limitations

A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday before August 31 of a given academic year is not eligible to participate.

The high school team does not permit students, who have reached the age of 19 years old or older as of August 31, to practice or play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree with all of the following, but here goes............

That is just not so in lacrosse (in this country), where the majority of coaches and I'd bet half of USL employees have a vested interest or deep belief in keeping lacrosse elite and hard to access....."growing the game" is seen as important only to the extent that it serves to identify elite talent that King Krab, Millon, or Maddux can put on a plane from TX or TN or Utah on a Friday afternoon.

True

High level youth lax is a status symbol --- Making it fair would make it less elite, because the lax-specific holdback scenario (and ability to pay for travel) are the result of earning money (or the privilege of inheriting it).

True. Very well thought out and said. This is why the PLL assist and the fake attempts for diversity and inclusion are just a ruse. They don't mean it.....its just HR talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lars is trying to corner the market on [Censored] MIAA attack with the 2022 CH clown and the 2023 #9. Does Hughley have any eligibility if he can get released?

Lars is another woke coach who has fell into a dream job. He isnt a good coach, he has players that are above others skilled wise on the field who won. the wonder boy will be leaving after 1/2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lars is another woke coach who has fell into a dream job. He isnt a good coach, he has players that are above others skilled wise on the field who won. the wonder boy will be leaving after 1/2 years.

Not a good coach? 2 national championships in 5 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a good coach? 2 national championships in 5 years
His teams traditionally lead the nation in groundballs, even when he was at Brown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of the '25 team, how do the other 91 teams stack up?
And why are they called Team 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Lars is another woke coach who has fell into a dream job. .

Why do you consider him woke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian Spallina founded team 91 in LI. His number was 91. 91MD is a franchise led by M Millon. Teams after 25 not very strong b/c MM doesn’t ‘t have a dog in the fight. Expect to see him fade from 91 after 2025. It was a launchpad for his kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian Spallina founded team 91 in LI. His number was 91. 91MD is a franchise led by M Millon. Teams after 25 not very strong b/c MM doesn’t ‘t have a dog in the fight. Expect to see him fade from 91 after 2025. It was a launchpad for his kids.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard