Sophomore & Junior BOTC Invitational taking place on Dec 3rd || The CBLaxers.com Winter NY Showcases Are Open for Registration w/ Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,343
Posts354,150
Members2,524
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about a girl who is “top tier” lax but grades aren’t there? I know what you’re trying to say but it’s not all about thr lax.

Top tier Athletes/lacrosse Players with average grades will have a ton of options at many great schools several of which are among the best lacrosse programs in the country.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will folks here realize that which LI club you play for has very little to do with where girls get recruited, especially at the highest level? Coaches know who can play and who can't -- and can usually tell after under 5 minutes.

Regardless, if you play for any of the top 7 or 8 LI clubs, you will get seen by a majority of college coaches. It's about what you do with the opportunity. YJ and TG get the most D1 recruits because they have the best players, not because of some magic CR or the Smiths provide.

Clubs have a role to play in skill development for sure and they can guide you to targeting the appropriate colleges. But ultimately girls get themselves recruited -- not coaches, directors or parents.

Very true. It's a simple formula... Players play/compete, coaches watch the players, coaches identify the players who they believe can help their program and coaches recruit those players.

It is NOT a simple formula. A big part of recruiting can be summed up by the phrase, "it's not what you know, it's who you know." For all of the progressiveness of women's lacrosse on diversity and inclusion, recruiting is more like a good ol' boys network. Luckily for LI, you all are part of this network.

Oh brother, I actually feel bad for people with such misconceptions. If a college coach doesn't offer a player a spot it is because the coach believes that other players are stronger and will help their program. I hope that you are not passing your attitude on to your children.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about a girl who is “top tier” lax but grades aren’t there? I know what you’re trying to say but it’s not all about thr lax.

Grades Matter , period.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coaches want the best players they can get, but how much time can the typically staff of 3 really devote to recruiting. It comes down to what they feel is the best use of their time. Where do they look, the top clubs of course. There are now many very good players that don't play for an East coast team or willing to drive hours just to practice with the "right" club. There are no sets of rules that always work in the recruiting landscape. The top players stand out and typically find an appropriate school, but the growth of the sport will allow way more schools to find great players. I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think. Keep that competitive mindset, it's these lessons that make for a successful life after lacrosse. Sorry for preaching, but trying to look at the big picture.

** "I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think."

Actually, it's how delusional people think. Way too many parents blame politics, connections, club directors, club coaches, HS coaches, which club their kid plays for, where they live etc... on why the player doesn't receive offers from the most competitive college programs. It's the the same BS when "Teams". "Lists", "Rankings" are announced, same excuses over and over. The recruiting process is where it all comes, the best programs consistently identify, recruit and make offers to the best players. It is the exception when top tier players fall through the cracks, it is not the rule. If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.

Only top 10 programs have top tier athletes ?

Pretty sure the post said …

“ If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.”

The point being made was that it would be unlikely for all of the coaches at all of the top programs to miss a top tier athlete.

If you want to know where your daughter stand in relation to the class of 2024 just look at what programs are making offers. Some may receive offers from Top 10-20 programs but choose to go elsewhere but that is not the case for most. The Traditional Top 10-20 offer a wide range of choices most of the best players find a good fit within that group. If the best players were choosing other schools the other programs would be better. They are not, it’s pretty much the same schools year in and year out that are the most competitive.

Not trying to be mean, it’s just reality. The best programs are the best because they bring in the best players.

He said top 10..I am pretty sure there are some top tier athletes at Penn State , Stanford , Vanderbilt etc. very ignorant statement.

Stanford is currently not a good example, they brought in the most recent number recruiting class in the nation and are currently ranked in the top 10. The point you are trying to make is correct though, many lower ranked programs still bring in top tier athletes, just not as many as the top ten programs, who often can fill an entire class with top tier players.

"If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid." This does not say top tier players are only on top 10 teams. It says If you daughter has not had an offer from a top 10 then she probably isnt a top tier player. The argument is that it is unlikely that all the coaches from the top 10 teams missed how good your daughter is. So lets all take breath and read!

I think it’s strange to group Stanford, Penn State, and Vanderbilt together. Odd mix. Stanford has been bringing in top tier recruits since Spencer took over, and is the #1 choice for many. They currently have two 5 star ‘24s, and 4 girls form ‘23 on the U18 team. ‘22 class featured the All-America MVP. Their ‘21 class was the #1 recruiting class. You cannot say the same for Penn State, which is on the decline, still a great program, but not a top choice for most. Hopefully they get their act together. Vanderbilt is obviously a great academic school, which is an attraction to some, but their lacrosse mediocre. I think a better list of where there are some unexpected top tier athletes is Loyola, Georgetown, Rutgers, Denver, Jacksonville

Do you think the Stanford coach being an evaluator had anything to do with all the Stanford girls being selected to the US team?

No, she was not allowed to vote. And you if you know anything about the girls who made it, would know they deserved it. Was a very well run tryout and every girl who made those teams did so due to their play at the tryout. It’s not that hard to count goals, assists, saves, gbs, and draw controls. The girls with the stats made the team. Nice to see an event that was not ruined by politics

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wiener YJ 24 top team has 14 commits already. With many more to come soon.
BC
Duke
Georgetown
Loyola
Navy
North Carolina
North Carolina
Pitt
Princeton
Quinnipiac
USF
Virginia
Virginia
Yale

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about a girl who is “top tier” lax but grades aren’t there? I know what you’re trying to say but it’s not all about thr lax.

Grades Matter , period.

Did anyone say that grades do not matter?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about a girl who is “top tier” lax but grades aren’t there? I know what you’re trying to say but it’s not all about thr lax.

Grades Matter , period.

Did anyone say that grades do not matter?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re flat out wrong there, but it’s ok, the world needs ppl like u.

ASU-how many great recruits in last few years?
Sony brook-everyone says this is a “commuter school” with “lot of LI girls”
NU-are you aware how quickly they went from not existing to champs? Repeated how many times?
Fl-how many bad sessions has fl had in early years?
BC-didn’t things change with AWW arrival?
I detest typing but I can go on and on.
Underscoring my point is that every player junior up was recruited in an era when even 8th graders were recruited! You’re saying finding and having boyfriends after being recruited had no effect on their play years later? I disagree. NO WAY there was an accurate, statistically significant relationship between 8th grade skills and college skills! Also, mentioned above, with generally only 3 scouts/team, most girls are missed. Any iwlca summer event has ~350-450 teams, MAYBE 200 coaches from all levels at best, most( the coercive pool of) coaches are at just a couple dozen games max/4 games team = extremely few girls even seen. Plus the popular clubs with deep historical long connections with codes mean coaches see the same teams year after year.
Mid to high level d1 coaches, by time they’re coaching,
Have TWENTY-PLUS years playing watching and coaching lax, so, sorry ( if you’re a) bro, It’s as you say, “x’s and ohs”.
Again, see my first sentence.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re flat out wrong there, but it’s ok, the world needs ppl like u.

ASU-how many great recruits in last few years?
Sony brook-everyone says this is a “commuter school” with “lot of LI girls”
NU-are you aware how quickly they went from not existing to champs? Repeated how many times?
Fl-how many bad sessions has fl had in early years?
BC-didn’t things change with AWW arrival?
I detest typing but I can go on and on.
Underscoring my point is that every player junior up was recruited in an era when even 8th graders were recruited! You’re saying finding and having boyfriends after being recruited had no effect on their play years later? I disagree. NO WAY there was an accurate, statistically significant relationship between 8th grade skills and college skills! Also, mentioned above, with generally only 3 scouts/team, most girls are missed. Any iwlca summer event has ~350-450 teams, MAYBE 200 coaches from all levels at best, most( the coercive pool of) coaches are at just a couple dozen games max/4 games team = extremely few girls even seen. Plus the popular clubs with deep historical long connections with codes mean coaches see the same teams year after year.
Mid to high level d1 coaches, by time they’re coaching,
Have TWENTY-PLUS years playing watching and coaching lax, so, sorry ( if you’re a) bro, It’s as you say, “x’s and ohs”.
Again, see my first sentence.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re flat out wrong there, but it’s ok, the world needs ppl like u.

ASU-how many great recruits in last few years?
Sony brook-everyone says this is a “commuter school” with “lot of LI girls”
NU-are you aware how quickly they went from not existing to champs? Repeated how many times?
Fl-how many bad sessions has fl had in early years?
BC-didn’t things change with AWW arrival?
I detest typing but I can go on and on.
Underscoring my point is that every player junior up was recruited in an era when even 8th graders were recruited! You’re saying finding and having boyfriends after being recruited had no effect on their play years later? I disagree. NO WAY there was an accurate, statistically significant relationship between 8th grade skills and college skills! Also, mentioned above, with generally only 3 scouts/team, most girls are missed. Any iwlca summer event has ~350-450 teams, MAYBE 200 coaches from all levels at best, most( the coercive pool of) coaches are at just a couple dozen games max/4 games team = extremely few girls even seen. Plus the popular clubs with deep historical long connections with codes mean coaches see the same teams year after year.
Mid to high level d1 coaches, by time they’re coaching,
Have TWENTY-PLUS years playing watching and coaching lax, so, sorry ( if you’re a) bro, It’s as you say, “x’s and ohs”.
Again, see my first sentence.

Are you trying to respond to a specific post?

The above is a long winded incoherent rant, complete gibberish.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes

There has not been a single recent post that said grades do not matter.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coaches want the best players they can get, but how much time can the typically staff of 3 really devote to recruiting. It comes down to what they feel is the best use of their time. Where do they look, the top clubs of course. There are now many very good players that don't play for an East coast team or willing to drive hours just to practice with the "right" club. There are no sets of rules that always work in the recruiting landscape. The top players stand out and typically find an appropriate school, but the growth of the sport will allow way more schools to find great players. I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think. Keep that competitive mindset, it's these lessons that make for a successful life after lacrosse. Sorry for preaching, but trying to look at the big picture.

** "I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think."

Actually, it's how delusional people think. Way too many parents blame politics, connections, club directors, club coaches, HS coaches, which club their kid plays for, where they live etc... on why the player doesn't receive offers from the most competitive college programs. It's the the same BS when "Teams". "Lists", "Rankings" are announced, same excuses over and over. The recruiting process is where it all comes, the best programs consistently identify, recruit and make offers to the best players. It is the exception when top tier players fall through the cracks, it is not the rule. If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.

Only top 10 programs have top tier athletes ?

Pretty sure the post said …

“ If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.”

The point being made was that it would be unlikely for all of the coaches at all of the top programs to miss a top tier athlete.

If you want to know where your daughter stand in relation to the class of 2024 just look at what programs are making offers. Some may receive offers from Top 10-20 programs but choose to go elsewhere but that is not the case for most. The Traditional Top 10-20 offer a wide range of choices most of the best players find a good fit within that group. If the best players were choosing other schools the other programs would be better. They are not, it’s pretty much the same schools year in and year out that are the most competitive.

Not trying to be mean, it’s just reality. The best programs are the best because they bring in the best players.

He said top 10..I am pretty sure there are some top tier athletes at Penn State , Stanford , Vanderbilt etc. very ignorant statement.

Stanford is currently not a good example, they brought in the most recent number recruiting class in the nation and are currently ranked in the top 10. The point you are trying to make is correct though, many lower ranked programs still bring in top tier athletes, just not as many as the top ten programs, who often can fill an entire class with top tier players.

"If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid." This does not say top tier players are only on top 10 teams. It says If you daughter has not had an offer from a top 10 then she probably isnt a top tier player. The argument is that it is unlikely that all the coaches from the top 10 teams missed how good your daughter is. So lets all take breath and read!

I think it’s strange to group Stanford, Penn State, and Vanderbilt together. Odd mix. Stanford has been bringing in top tier recruits since Spencer took over, and is the #1 choice for many. They currently have two 5 star ‘24s, and 4 girls form ‘23 on the U18 team. ‘22 class featured the All-America MVP. Their ‘21 class was the #1 recruiting class. You cannot say the same for Penn State, which is on the decline, still a great program, but not a top choice for most. Hopefully they get their act together. Vanderbilt is obviously a great academic school, which is an attraction to some, but their lacrosse mediocre. I think a better list of where there are some unexpected top tier athletes is Loyola, Georgetown, Rutgers, Denver, Jacksonville

Feel like you almost have to throw the last two years out as the teams with the most success were loaded with transfers mostly grad transfers before crushing schools like Stanford and Notre Dame for lack of success. Their administration was not going to allow them to reload with 5th years like UNC, Boston College and others did.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add John Hopkins. That makes 15

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes someone responded average grades get you a ton of options to d1. Which is not what I asked. We were talking too 10. Even top 20. I am gonna say grades matter and if your daughter isn’t a star on the field with a high gpa, a/p or honors, I bet is looked over. Coaches don’t want to deal with the headache of girls who need remodel/struggling. Move on to someone who can manage athletics and school work.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wiener YJ 24 top team has 14 commits already. With many more to come soon.
BC
Duke
Georgetown
Loyola
Navy
North Carolina
North Carolina
Pitt
Princeton
Quinnipiac
USF
Virginia
Virginia
Yale

Looks like aprox 40 - 50 Long Island girls committed to DI programs so far with 15 - 20 headed to programs that usually finish in the Top 20. Congrats!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Elevate still exist or did they fold?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes someone responded average grades get you a ton of options to d1. Which is not what I asked. We were talking too 10. Even top 20. I am gonna say grades matter and if your daughter isn’t a star on the field with a high gpa, a/p or honors, I bet is looked over. Coaches don’t want to deal with the headache of girls who need remodel/struggling. Move on to someone who can manage athletics and school work.

Please learn how to respond to a post so that the rest of us can follow the discussion.

Also, please work on your reading comprehension.

There were no posts that stated "Grades do not matter". There have been no post that state "average grades get you a ton of options to d1".

Below is the post that I assume you are responding to:

"Top tier Athletes/lacrosse Players with average grades will have a ton of options at many great schools several of which are among the best lacrosse programs in the country."

The post did not say that "average grades get you a ton of options to DI". The post indicated that Top Tier Athletes/Lacrosse Players with average grades will have a ton of options to many great schools (which they will). Several of those schools are also among the best lacrosse schools in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about a girl who is “top tier” lax but grades aren’t there? I know what you’re trying to say but it’s not all about thr lax.

Top tier Athletes/lacrosse Players with average grades will have a ton of options at many great schools several of which are among the best lacrosse programs in the country.

"Top Tier Athletes/Lacrosse Players", the athletes who are identified as the best by the coaches at schools like Maryland, North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse etc... will have opportunities at many great schools even if they have average grades. Not saying they will have opportunities at places like Princeton, Penn, Stanford, Duke, Hopkins etc... but there are many great schools that have the ability to bring in student athletes with "average grades" if they are considered by the coach to be one of their top recruits.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have the grades, and lax talent, and want to play good to great lacrosse, I would think you would choose Northwestern, Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Yale, Hopkins, Duke. It’s a “no brainer”!! And you will have a degree that will open many doors. If not, it’s the pursuit of a dream that probably won’t happen. Comes down to risk/benefit

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes someone responded average grades get you a ton of options to d1. Which is not what I asked. We were talking too 10. Even top 20. I am gonna say grades matter and if your daughter isn’t a star on the field with a high gpa, a/p or honors, I bet is looked over. Coaches don’t want to deal with the headache of girls who need remodel/struggling. Move on to someone who can manage athletics and school work.

Please learn how to respond to a post so that the rest of us can follow the discussion.

Also, please work on your reading comprehension.

There were no posts that stated "Grades do not matter". There have been no post that state "average grades get you a ton of options to d1".

Below is the post that I assume you are responding to:

"Top tier Athletes/lacrosse Players with average grades will have a ton of options at many great schools several of which are among the best lacrosse programs in the country."

The post did not say that "average grades get you a ton of options to DI". The post indicated that Top Tier Athletes/Lacrosse Players with average grades will have a ton of options to many great schools (which they will). Several of those schools are also among the best lacrosse schools in the country.


You’re the one that needs to read a post and help with reading. I feel sorry for your daughter frown

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone ask about YJ Weimar?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 so far. That is amazing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs

It's about the player, not the club or where the player is from.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs


What great schools did Liberty girls commit to? Somebody on here keeps pumping them up

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Imagine that... being high on girls going to UNC and Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top academic and if you can get money even better. That’s the top choice in my opinion. No one cares about championships. Only the coaches and all the other people who make money off of it. And of course, the parents who lived to the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty commits so far going to Yale (goalie), Duke (defender), USC (attacker), ASU (mid), and Columbia (mid).

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The person pumping up liberty is probably an owner because the younger teams are folding. Heard a rumor jesters is buying them.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Imagine that... being high on girls going to UNC and Maryland.

I know. I can't believe it. Always thinking outside the box that LILJ

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Imagine that... being high on girls going to UNC and Maryland.

And they weren’t even one of the top 5 in the country! LI weak

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs


What great schools did Liberty girls commit to? Somebody on here keeps pumping them up

Duke. Columbia, USC, Harvard, Yale, Colgate , ASU, Binghamton, Ohio State. Some pretty great schools there.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 142
C
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
C
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs


What great schools did Liberty girls commit to? Somebody on here keeps pumping them up

A quick perusal of their Instagram shows: Harvard, Colgate, Ohio State, USC, Yale, Columbia, and Duke among others.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The person pumping up liberty is probably an owner because the younger teams are folding. Heard a rumor jesters is buying them.

I hope this is not true. Jesters already had 4 teams in certain age group. They couldn't possibly focus on the kids. With Elevate falling off the cliff, we need some good competition clubs in Nassau

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The person pumping up liberty is probably an owner because the younger teams are folding. Heard a rumor jesters is buying them.

I hope this is not true. Jesters already had 4 teams in certain age group. They couldn't possibly focus on the kids. With Elevate falling off the cliff, we need some good competition clubs in Nassau

Is this just a ploy to get jesters on the top of the discussion? Things have been kind of slow for them lately so maybe somebody looking for some attention.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The person pumping up liberty is probably an owner because the younger teams are folding. Heard a rumor jesters is buying them.

I hope this is not true. Jesters already had 4 teams in certain age group. They couldn't possibly focus on the kids. With Elevate falling off the cliff, we need some good competition clubs in Nassau

I think the Liberty 24s are doing much better than the Jesters for recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Imagine that... being high on girls going to UNC and Maryland.

And they weren’t even one of the top 5 in the country! LI weak

According to who? Ask the top 3 college coaches in the country doing the recruiting of 24s what they think. That’s all that really matters. I think the LI girls were very high on their list and not weak at all. So, go back to your MD thread

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Imagine that... being high on girls going to UNC and Maryland.

And they weren’t even one of the top 5 in the country! LI weak

According to who? Ask the top 3 college coaches in the country doing the recruiting of 24s what they think. That’s all that really matters. I think the LI girls were very high on their list and not weak at all. So, go back to your MD thread

Lol, sorry LI dad. You have a lot to learn!

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4