BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like Yellow Jackets A trimmed down to 22 players.

Moved one player up from B.

And the FLG girl is a quality add and will start at middie from day one.

Still didn't really address their challenges at D and overall lack of speed. Hopefully they will move one of their backup middies to D to help shore it up.

where did this add come from?

Came from FLG. Her older sister is the star at Stony Brook.

I am more curious what happened to Gaghan. Looks like their 4 or 5 of their best players are all gone. I know one got promoted to Graz. Any idea where the rest went?
You have no idea what you are talking about, only 1 Gaghan player moved up to Graz/Stadler. Also I think one moved down. Just look at the rosters from this year and compared to LY. Do a little research before you make incorrect statements. Also I think Graz lost a player that has been on team from the beginning.

They made three cuts. Probably should have made at least three more. Basically the same team -- except it will go from 8 girls not playings to 5 girls not playing

Don't worry they willl go next year when they start bringing in out of state players

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still didn't really address their challenges at D and overall lack of speed. Hopefully they will move one of their backup middies to D to help shore it up.

I am more curious what happened to Gaghan. Looks like their 4 or 5 of their best players are all gone. I know one got promoted to Graz. Any idea where the rest went?
You have no idea what you are talking about, only 1 Gaghan player moved up to Graz/Stadler. Also I think one moved down. Just look at the rosters from this year and compared to LY. Do a little research before you make incorrect statements. Also I think Graz lost a player that has been on team from the beginning.

They made three cuts. Probably should have made at least three more. Basically the same team -- except it will go from 8 girls not playings to 5 girls not playing

Don't worry they willl go next year when they start bringing in out of state players
Would love to hear who will go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering sending my daughter to Jesters. What’s the scoop on the coaches? Seems like the team had major improvement this year.

Jesters program growing but only a handful of non parent coaches who are any good. If you can get one of the girls who don’t have a kid on the team. They should do what YJ does and have their coaches who are stronger without kids on the team take over once they hit 9th grade. Gives the better coaches a year with them to get to know them and then during their Highschool recruiting years they have a group of coaches who are used to putting kids through the recruiting process. Nothing worse than dad or mom coaches who have no college coach connections or understanding of it giving bad advice or not helping at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another pointless post. That's what directors are for...very few if any club coaches are the connection. The directors develop relationships with colleges and assist with recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The program/directors have the relationships and help navigate recruiting years, most know this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering sending my daughter to Jesters. What’s the scoop on the coaches? Seems like the team had major improvement this year.

Jesters program growing but only a handful of non parent coaches who are any good. If you can get one of the girls who don’t have a kid on the team. They should do what YJ does and have their coaches who are stronger without kids on the team take over once they hit 9th grade. Gives the better coaches a year with them to get to know them and then during their Highschool recruiting years they have a group of coaches who are used to putting kids through the recruiting process. Nothing worse than dad or mom coaches who have no college coach connections or understanding of it giving bad advice or not helping at all

Such a dense post. The Jesters put their first team who are now seniors through the process and look how many D-1 commits from that 2023 team. "So the nothing worse than Dad or mom coaches" quote was theory? Certainly not reality. In any good organization whether boys or girls, its the directors that are assisting through the recruiting process. Worry more if your daughter is good enough and most certainly fast enough and not the mom or dad coaches holding back their "D-1" ability. And by the way, most of the girls that don't have a kid on the team are still playing and miss many practices anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

take your pick out of any of the girls who barely played last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you must be a parent on the team to have all this information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you must be a parent on the team to have all this information.

Or anyone who watched them play more than one game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ happy. Sounds like other people are not.

Same nonsense. New year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same nonsense. New year

I don't understand why size of YJA rosters matter, regardless of year. Very rare for more than 16 girls to play in meaningful games. Who cares if they carry 20, 22 or 25?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. If the players and parents are “all in” then why do so many care that certain number of girls on any team play or don’t play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have parents with old grudges or current axes to grind. Trying to put down a program that is highly successful every year looks petty and foolish. Maybe spend more time trying to help your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same nonsense. New year

I don't understand why size of YJA rosters matter, regardless of year. Very rare for more than 16 girls to play in meaningful games. Who cares if they carry 20, 22 or 25?

If you are player 15-25 you should care a lot. You are subsidizing the rest of the team and coaches. Wake up! Hi if my daughter wasn’t playing at least a third of the time, we would be home. Wake up and open your eyes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same nonsense. New year

If you are player 15-25 you should care a lot. You are subsidizing the rest of the team and coaches. Wake up! Hi if my daughter wasn’t playing at least a third of the time, we would be home. Wake up and open your eyes!

Most of the YJ girls who don't play have been on the team for multiple years. Its not like they are shocked, they knew what they signed up for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to add to this comment, normally tournaments want multiple teams from a club not just one team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to add to this comment, normally tournaments want multiple teams from a club not just one team

to add to what comment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Normally tournies want multiple teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is doing good. Development is why girls stay. Also the amount of development. Practices, scrimmages, inter squad, the way it should be. There is a system and it produces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is doing good. Development is why girls stay. Also the amount of development. Practices, scrimmages, inter squad, the way it should be. There is a system and it produces.

thank you for your opinion YJ dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no development for the girls who aren't playing. There's opportunities to pay more for training with some good coaches who do good jobs one on one(they love taking your money). As far as staying you guys stay because it's YJ(#3 in the nation blah blah blah). Your afraid to go somewhere else, girls are comfortable sitting on the bench and keeping quiet, you have to consistently give them the talk on the jersey turnpike!
What they should really do is cut the roster size in half, no more than 18 but she wont!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone woke up angry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ practices dramatically less than other top clubs (Grizzlies, M&D, Heros, Steps). This, combined with not having tryouts after 7th grade, is why Grizzlies almost always has the best recruiting classes in the country.

They one thing YJ has going for it, is that it does practice more the TG (and brings in fewer out of state players).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies? I would put them well behind M&D and YJ in terms of recruiting. What's going on the Grizzles at 2027 level? 56th in nation last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies? I would put them well behind M&D and YJ in terms of recruiting. What's going on the Grizzles at 2027 level? 56th in nation last year?

Maybe over the past 6 year. However, if you look at the 23 and 24 classes. Grizzlies is clearly top -- M&D is the only one who could even argue for the top spot

here is a list of 24 commits to date. 6 Ivies, 7 perennial top 10 teams. Name another club that is even close.

Dartmouth
UConn
Princeton
Dartmouth
Michigan
Yale
Cornell
Maryland
Brown
Syracuse
Duke
Notre Dame
UNC
Boston College
Duke
Penn
Michigan

Regarding their 27 team. It will be a top 10 team in 2-3 years when it matters. Part of the reason they struggle a bit at lower levels is that they focus on bringing in athletes, not already polished lax players and then develop them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies?????? Did they legalize weed in Ct.

You’re 100% correct. YJ is awful. Doing it all wrong. Don’t practice enough. Horrific amount of college commits again this year. Failed experiment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros, M&D, Steps...see the reclassified talk. These clubs have players a year or two older. They should be at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies?????? Did they legalize weed in Ct.

You’re 100% correct. YJ is awful. Doing it all wrong. Don’t practice enough. Horrific amount of college commits again this year. Failed experiment.

The Grizzly’s definitely seem to be doing all the right things in player development! It Will be the top program, if not already. YJs just doing same ol’ thing and not improving. They will slowly move down the ranks as other clubs do the right things at the developmental ages. YJs depend way too much on parents doing the training and coaching.

It doesn’t hurt how deep the Grizzly parents pockets are as well. You know some of those commits are not only connected, but also probably had no issues with paying full tuition to the schools. So, they were able to get committed very quickly. Not to take anything from the girls, they are all very good. It just makes for a much easier and faster recruiting process when $s/scholarships are not an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzles will top a Top-10 team in 2-3 years? How, where will they pull these players?

M&D
Hero's Green
Yellow Jackets
Capital
Aces
Eaglestix

Take those teams to the bank for remaining in top-10. You prob have another MD team that can pull from other MD teams to form another top-10. My guess is Skywalkers or MD United being that one.

Grizzles will need to take best players on Gold Coast, Prime Time and develop and maybe it can work out, but prob not. Long island going to get another team in that conversation, FLG perhaps if they can maintain talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies at other age groups are good. 27’s are awful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzles will top a Top-10 team in 2-3 years? How, where will they pull these players?

M&D
Hero's Green
Yellow Jackets
Capital
Aces
Eaglestix

Take those teams to the bank for remaining in top-10. You prob have another MD team that can pull from other MD teams to form another top-10. My guess is Skywalkers or MD United being that one.

Grizzles will need to take best players on Gold Coast, Prime Time and develop and maybe it can work out, but prob not. Long island going to get another team in that conversation, FLG perhaps if they can maintain talent.

Remember. Grizzlies don't have tryouts after 7th grade. So their team this upcoming fall is pretty much their team throughout recruiting unless someone gets promoted from the B team.

I watched them play one game last summer. Here is a quick take on them. Their stick skills are nowhere near the top 3 clubs or so and they have a few players who are very undersized. They also had pretty even playing time which likely contributed to some loses. Its pretty clear the coaches were taking a long-term view when making the team.

All that being said, they were more athletic than any 27 team on the Island - FLG is the only club that's even close.

If they can develop these athletes, they will be a top 15 club sooner rather than later. Will they eventually pass YJA, probably not. But will they likely hold their own in the top A brackets within a couple year? very likely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's Green
Yellow Jackets
Capital
Aces
Eaglestix

Remember. Grizzlies don't have tryouts after 7th grade. So their team this upcoming fall is pretty much their team throughout recruiting unless someone gets promoted from the B team.

I watched them play one game last summer. Here is a quick take on them. Their stick skills are nowhere near the top 3 clubs or so and they have a few players who are very undersized. They also had pretty even playing time which likely contributed to some loses. Its pretty clear the coaches were taking a long-term view when making the team.

All that being said, they were more athletic than any 27 team on the Island - FLG is the only club that's even close.

If they can develop these athletes, they will be a top 15 club sooner rather than later. Will they eventually pass YJA, probably not. But will they likely hold their own in the top A brackets within a couple year? very likely.

Of course they will pass or be on par most teams including YJA. This is one of the wealthiest areas in the country where lacrosse is used to get into the top colleges. These girls will be trained and coached by the best and their commits will be top tier. Rich preppy stereotypical lax players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's Green
Yellow Jackets
Capital
Aces
Eaglestix

Of course they will pass or be on par most teams including YJA. This is one of the wealthiest areas in the country where lacrosse is used to get into the top colleges. These girls will be trained and coached by the best and their commits will be top tier. Rich preppy stereotypical lax players

This. Don't overlook the impact of no tryouts after 7th grade. Allows coaches to focus on development and potential instead of who is the best player in 8th grade. I can name many top Long Island girls now who likely won't be top players in 3 years since they have either 1) already physically peaked or 2) just don't have the athleticism that high end D-1 girls lax requires.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Capital?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Capital?

Top club in DC area, starts in 9th — takes best players from Pride, Stars, BLC and a few others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is FLG no longer playing Live Love Lax this fall? They were in and seemed to have dropped out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. Teams don't drop from tournies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not fake news……..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably a roster issue. The week of LLL is the week that jv/v basketball starts. Assuming a few players from their already small roster are playing up. I know their head coach coaches varsity. Team probably did not want to go with little players/no subs. This has to be an issue for many teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES.......Let's get back to Grizzlies talk. Another relevant team.

Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard