BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesn’t everyone on this forum have a kid who is a top player lol? Everyone on this forum acts as if their daughter is the #1 pick. It’s hilarious.

No, first of all St. A is not great at lax. A girl that cries when she doesn’t score enough points is not an authentic player, and scared of letting her parents down. Floyd girl is just good. Period. And I’m not the parent

Its safe to say the 24 age group is not a strong one.

Not really , actually dense to say. Look at the commits and how quickly the college coaches are scooping up girls. I guess they feel there are some strong 2024 girls

St. A can prob. Beat whatever team you are on. Let’s see how it goes for them this year? What do you know about authentic players? If it’s girl who I’m thinking of, She Makes players around her better and is no way a selfish player. That’s what an “authentic” player does. Bet you are not the parent , probably a Floyd player

Are they a ton of great LI girls? Of course there are. However, are they as many game changers as compared to 22 or 23? most would say probably not.

Also, don't let commitment time be a proxy for quality. Lots of the early commit girls were girls who either 1) had a clear top choice from the start or 2) only had one big-time offer

Lots of girls who are taking their time are the ones with multiple outstanding offers.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow very surprised with the Liberty commits. Has anyone watched this group play? Looks like they are heading to some great schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow very surprised with the Liberty commits. Has anyone watched this group play? Looks like they are heading to some great schools

Why are you surprised with the Liberty commits? They have Very good players on that team. If you know Girls HS lacrosse, you should know they have some great players on Liberty. They also have some very smart ones, Making smart choices! Congrats to them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you surprised with the Liberty commits? They have Very good players on that team. If you know Girls HS lacrosse, you should know they have some great players on Liberty. They also have some very smart ones, Making smart choices! Congrats to them

Agreed. Liberty obviously has much less teams than YJ but they seem to send a decent amount of kids to Ivies and the like over the years. I saw they sent quite a few to D3 schools but highly ranked colleges, e.g. U of Chicago. I'd be very happy if my girl goes there....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Liberty obviously has much less teams than YJ but they seem to send a decent amount of kids to Ivies and the like over the years. I saw they sent quite a few to D3 schools but highly ranked colleges, e.g. U of Chicago. I'd be very happy if my girl goes there....

Liberty has average lacrosse players with dads who have deep pockets and legacy connections. The girls tend to be very high achievers academically and could probably get into these schools without lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of a middie that should commit to Northwestern tomorrow unless something gets screwed up. She's been weighing options and I expect she will go to NU.

Speaking of NU, they have two great transfers coming in for the 2023 season, picking up a great player from Mercer and a Goalie from Tufts. They aren't afraid to raid the portal and get it done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty has average lacrosse players with dads who have deep pockets and legacy connections. The girls tend to be very high achievers academically and could probably get into these schools without lacrosse.

Can't you just be happy for the girls?! Instead of dinging whatever that they have achieved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there you have it... typical no nothing parent trying to diminish the ability and accomplishments of young women. What went so wrong in your life? Newsflash, college coaches especially at competitive DI programs do not simply hand out spots because Daddy has a few bucks or because Daddy is an alum. Congrats to all on their commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there you have it... typical no nothing parent trying to diminish the ability and accomplishments of young women. What went so wrong in your life? Newsflash, college coaches especially at competitive DI programs do not simply hand out spots because Daddy has a few bucks or because Daddy is an alum. Congrats to all on their commitments.

Well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said!

Yes, congratulations to those very smart girls! Well played!
All YOUR hard work paid off! Someone on here sounds jealous and May have something against Liberty organization? Ignore fools like that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will folks here realize that which LI club you play for has very little to do with where girls get recruited, especially at the highest level? Coaches know who can play and who can't -- and can usually tell after under 5 minutes.

Regardless, if you play for any of the top 7 or 8 LI clubs, you will get seen by a majority of college coaches. It's about what you do with the opportunity. YJ and TG get the most D1 recruits because they have the best players, not because of some magic CR or the Smiths provide.

Clubs have a role to play in skill development for sure and they can guide you to targeting the appropriate colleges. But ultimately girls get themselves recruited -- not coaches, directors or parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will folks here realize that which LI club you play for has very little to do with where girls get recruited, especially at the highest level? Coaches know who can play and who can't -- and can usually tell after under 5 minutes.

Regardless, if you play for any of the top 7 or 8 LI clubs, you will get seen by a majority of college coaches. It's about what you do with the opportunity. YJ and TG get the most D1 recruits because they have the best players, not because of some magic CR or the Smiths provide.

Clubs have a role to play in skill development for sure and they can guide you to targeting the appropriate colleges. But ultimately girls get themselves recruited -- not coaches, directors or parents.

Very true. It's a simple formula... Players play/compete, coaches watch the players, coaches identify the players who they believe can help their program and coaches recruit those players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of a middie that should commit to Northwestern tomorrow unless something gets screwed up. She's been weighing options and I expect she will go to NU.

Speaking of NU, they have two great transfers coming in for the 2023 season, picking up a great player from Mercer and a Goalie from Tufts. They aren't afraid to raid the portal and get it done!

Both are grad transfers, which will effectively be over after next season. NU won't even accept undergrad transfers in its revenue sports, barring special circumstances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true. It's a simple formula... Players play/compete, coaches watch the players, coaches identify the players who they believe can help their program and coaches recruit those players.

It is NOT a simple formula. A big part of recruiting can be summed up by the phrase, "it's not what you know, it's who you know." For all of the progressiveness of women's lacrosse on diversity and inclusion, recruiting is more like a good ol' boys network. Luckily for LI, you all are part of this network.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone have any actual useful information on recruiting? i.e. how many players is each college program taking for their 24 class? has anyone already filled their recruiting class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not quite that simple. The Player has to be on a team that goes to the right tournaments where coaches go to watch. They also need to be playing against other known clubs in order to “get seen” and identified. There is also name recognition of some clubs. College coaches know that certain clubs attract the best players. They will watch those games.

If a player is not on one of those highly visible teams (even if they are), they need to market themselves before all the tournaments! Make the coaches want to come see them play.

The player has to do a lot of their own leg work to get name in front of college coaches before tournaments. They Can not wait for the club to help do that. Player has to be very pro-active and make themselves known to the coaches through emails, highlight videos and game schedules for tournaments they know coach will be attending. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Partially true.....the best coached teams produce the most ready players. YJ play top competition and have very good coaches preparing them. That is what also helps get them to next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches want the best players they can get, but how much time can the typically staff of 3 really devote to recruiting. It comes down to what they feel is the best use of their time. Where do they look, the top clubs of course. There are now many very good players that don't play for an East coast team or willing to drive hours just to practice with the "right" club. There are no sets of rules that always work in the recruiting landscape. The top players stand out and typically find an appropriate school, but the growth of the sport will allow way more schools to find great players. I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think. Keep that competitive mindset, it's these lessons that make for a successful life after lacrosse. Sorry for preaching, but trying to look at the big picture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches want the best players they can get, but how much time can the typically staff of 3 really devote to recruiting. It comes down to what they feel is the best use of their time. Where do they look, the top clubs of course. There are now many very good players that don't play for an East coast team or willing to drive hours just to practice with the "right" club. There are no sets of rules that always work in the recruiting landscape. The top players stand out and typically find an appropriate school, but the growth of the sport will allow way more schools to find great players. I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think. Keep that competitive mindset, it's these lessons that make for a successful life after lacrosse. Sorry for preaching, but trying to look at the big picture.

** "I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think."

Actually, it's how delusional people think. Way too many parents blame politics, connections, club directors, club coaches, HS coaches, which club their kid plays for, where they live etc... on why the player doesn't receive offers from the most competitive college programs. It's the the same BS when "Teams". "Lists", "Rankings" are announced, same excuses over and over. The recruiting process is where it all comes, the best programs consistently identify, recruit and make offers to the best players. It is the exception when top tier players fall through the cracks, it is not the rule. If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

** "I think that most of the 2024's feel under valued because they didn't get the offers they felt they deserved or still waiting for one from a top college, it's how competitive people think."

Actually, it's how delusional people think. Way too many parents blame politics, connections, club directors, club coaches, HS coaches, which club their kid plays for, where they live etc... on why the player doesn't receive offers from the most competitive college programs. It's the the same BS when "Teams". "Lists", "Rankings" are announced, same excuses over and over. The recruiting process is where it all comes, the best programs consistently identify, recruit and make offers to the best players. It is the exception when top tier players fall through the cracks, it is not the rule. If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.

Only top 10 programs have top tier athletes ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That last sentence needs to go away. =)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the post said …

“ If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.”

The point being made was that it would be unlikely for all of the coaches at all of the top programs to miss a top tier athlete.

If you want to know where your daughter stand in relation to the class of 2024 just look at what programs are making offers. Some may receive offers from Top 10-20 programs but choose to go elsewhere but that is not the case for most. The Traditional Top 10-20 offer a wide range of choices most of the best players find a good fit within that group. If the best players were choosing other schools the other programs would be better. They are not, it’s pretty much the same schools year in and year out that are the most competitive.

Not trying to be mean, it’s just reality. The best programs are the best because they bring in the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Do you truly believe that it is common for all of the coaches at all of the best programs to miss a top top tier player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“ If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid.”

The point being made was that it would be unlikely for all of the coaches at all of the top programs to miss a top tier athlete.

If you want to know where your daughter stand in relation to the class of 2024 just look at what programs are making offers. Some may receive offers from Top 10-20 programs but choose to go elsewhere but that is not the case for most. The Traditional Top 10-20 offer a wide range of choices most of the best players find a good fit within that group. If the best players were choosing other schools the other programs would be better. They are not, it’s pretty much the same schools year in and year out that are the most competitive.

Not trying to be mean, it’s just reality. The best programs are the best because they bring in the best players.

He said top 10..I am pretty sure there are some top tier athletes at Penn State , Stanford , Vanderbilt etc. very ignorant statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Do you truly believe that it is common for all of the coaches at all of the best programs to miss a top top tier player?

No but thinking top tier kids can only go to the top 10 programs is 100% inaccurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No but thinking top tier kids can only go to the top 10 programs is 100% inaccurate.

Also, no matter the team about 1/3 of the kids on "top 10 programs" will end up at low-end D1 programs or below. Usually kids without high-end speed or traditional D1 size. Go to the Heros or M&D website and look at their last few classes, lots of girls from top programs who aren't going to top college lax programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some on here need to work on their reading comprehension.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He said top 10..I am pretty sure there are some top tier athletes at Penn State , Stanford , Vanderbilt etc. very ignorant statement.

Stanford is currently not a good example, they brought in the most recent number recruiting class in the nation and are currently ranked in the top 10. The point you are trying to make is correct though, many lower ranked programs still bring in top tier athletes, just not as many as the top ten programs, who often can fill an entire class with top tier players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford is currently not a good example, they brought in the most recent number recruiting class in the nation and are currently ranked in the top 10. The point you are trying to make is correct though, many lower ranked programs still bring in top tier athletes, just not as many as the top ten programs, who often can fill an entire class with top tier players.

"If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid." This does not say top tier players are only on top 10 teams. It says If you daughter has not had an offer from a top 10 then she probably isnt a top tier player. The argument is that it is unlikely that all the coaches from the top 10 teams missed how good your daughter is. So lets all take breath and read!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players who have just finished their sophomore year of high school, with just 2 years of hs play and 2 of IWLCA tourney level play are but a pittance of what they’ll be after their first year at even a mid-high level D1 program, the intensity of power 5 (all I know anything about) fall ball, 20+Hr weeks starting end of august, the speed, physicality, size of players, is LIGHT YEARS ahead of what comes in hs level. Coaching quality at high level d1 programs is the biggest factor in their success, period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC's 2024 class has 6 of the best 25 girls in the country. Every single one of those girls is a star player at her HS and Club team. And if they wanted, could go and be stars on lesser collegiate programs.This is just what happens. Star players go to top 10 programs. after they commit, the supporting players on these HS and club teams fill out the rosters on mid to low tier D1 programs. Then they'll meet in college and the top 10 program will beat them by 10+ goals. The talent is slightly more spread out now due to the growth of the game and more programs popping up but like every other sport, most of the best prospects will always want to play for the best programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If no traditional Top 10 programs are making offers the player is most likely not a top tier athlete, it's unlikely that all of the coaches at all of the best programs miss the kid." This does not say top tier players are only on top 10 teams. It says If you daughter has not had an offer from a top 10 then she probably isnt a top tier player. The argument is that it is unlikely that all the coaches from the top 10 teams missed how good your daughter is. So lets all take breath and read!

I think it’s strange to group Stanford, Penn State, and Vanderbilt together. Odd mix. Stanford has been bringing in top tier recruits since Spencer took over, and is the #1 choice for many. They currently have two 5 star ‘24s, and 4 girls form ‘23 on the U18 team. ‘22 class featured the All-America MVP. Their ‘21 class was the #1 recruiting class. You cannot say the same for Penn State, which is on the decline, still a great program, but not a top choice for most. Hopefully they get their act together. Vanderbilt is obviously a great academic school, which is an attraction to some, but their lacrosse mediocre. I think a better list of where there are some unexpected top tier athletes is Loyola, Georgetown, Rutgers, Denver, Jacksonville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s strange to group Stanford, Penn State, and Vanderbilt together. Odd mix. Stanford has been bringing in top tier recruits since Spencer took over, and is the #1 choice for many. They currently have two 5 star ‘24s, and 4 girls form ‘23 on the U18 team. ‘22 class featured the All-America MVP. Their ‘21 class was the #1 recruiting class. You cannot say the same for Penn State, which is on the decline, still a great program, but not a top choice for most. Hopefully they get their act together. Vanderbilt is obviously a great academic school, which is an attraction to some, but their lacrosse mediocre. I think a better list of where there are some unexpected top tier athletes is Loyola, Georgetown, Rutgers, Denver, Jacksonville

Hopefully PSU doesn’t get their act together til 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players who have just finished their sophomore year of high school, with just 2 years of hs play and 2 of IWLCA tourney level play are but a pittance of what they’ll be after their first year at even a mid-high level D1 program, the intensity of power 5 (all I know anything about) fall ball, 20+Hr weeks starting end of august, the speed, physicality, size of players, is LIGHT YEARS ahead of what comes in hs level. Coaching quality at high level d1 programs is the biggest factor in their success, period.

-- "Coaching quality at high level d1 programs is the biggest factor in their success, period." --

Sorry, it's more about the Jimmy's and the Joe's and less about the X's and O's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very simple, just look at the caliber of the programs that are making offers and that will tell you where your daughter stands in relation to field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about a girl who is “top tier” lax but grades aren’t there? I know what you’re trying to say but it’s not all about thr lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone have any actual useful information on recruiting? i.e. how many players is each college program taking for their 24 class? has anyone already filled their recruiting class?

you can go on IL website under recruiting/commitments and click on the school you are interested in and see the current recruits incoming and outgoing. Usually, they stay around the number going out because they have that number of scholarships available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC's 2024 class has 6 of the best 25 girls in the country. Every single one of those girls is a star player at her HS and Club team. And if they wanted, could go and be stars on lesser collegiate programs.This is just what happens. Star players go to top 10 programs. after they commit, the supporting players on these HS and club teams fill out the rosters on mid to low tier D1 programs. Then they'll meet in college and the top 10 program will beat them by 10+ goals. The talent is slightly more spread out now due to the growth of the game and more programs popping up but like every other sport, most of the best prospects will always want to play for the best programs.

UNC will be a humbling experience for some as they expect to come in and play. UNC has top recruits from the 21,22 and 23 classes also. Not everyone comes in and plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think the Stanford coach being an evaluator had anything to do with all the Stanford girls being selected to the US team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you can go on IL website under recruiting/commitments and click on the school you are interested in and see the current recruits incoming and outgoing. Usually, they stay around the number going out because they have that number of scholarships available.

Unfortunately the IL commitment list is not a full list. I know of a handful of committed girls who are not captured there.

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard