BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[

Still no commit from the DewLax goalie/Team USA U16 goalie.

Will be shocked if she doesn't end up at Notre Dame.

The Goalie that committed to Michigan was just at ND and ND was her dream school. She chose Michigan immediately after. If you are correct, DL goalie should commit shortly to ND.

Interesting.

If ND is your dream school why go to Michigan?[/quote]
Because Lax is your priority!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find a list of commitments?

laxnumbers.com

Insidelacrosse

BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also sportrecruits.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to elevate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

Education, prestigious, and employment wise, it matters more where your daughter gets her graduate degree (s). An undergraduate B.S. is just a B.S. degree no matter what university she attends.

Lol, kids coming out of top 10 schools get the best jobs and are receiving starting salaries of over $150k. BC and MD grads are not offered the same jobs Princeton and Penn grads. Also is very hard to get into a prestigious graduate school coming out of a mediocre undergraduate program where you major in lacrosse. Not saying it never happens but odds are against.

Plenty of BC and MD grads doing VERY well for themselves!! Check out the alumni networks. News flash, not all companies necessarily love ivy grads. Pretentious

Umm…okay

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...k-up-on-alumni-salaries/?sh=7cbec2de5fff

Nice list! Looks like nearly all of these schools have women's lacrosse programs.

1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology MA $98,100
2. Stanford University CA $92,400
3. Harvard University MA $85,300
4. Princeton University NJ $85,200
5. Yale University CT $81,900
6. University of Pennsylvania PA $81,500
7. Columbia University NY $80,900
8. Duke University NC $80,300
9. Dartmouth College NH $80,000
10. Rice University TX $79,800
11. University of California, Berkeley CA $79,200
12. Cornell University NY $79,100
13. Johns Hopkins University MD $77,900
14. Brown University RI $76,800
15. Williams College MA $73,900
16. Georgetown University DC $73,800
17. Vanderbilt University TN $73,800
18. University of Chicago IL $73,300
19. University of Southern California CA $72,600
20. Amherst College MA $72,600
21. University of Michigan MI $72,100
22. University of California, San Diego CA $71,700
23. Northwestern University IL $71, 600
24. University of California, Los Angeles CA $70,000
25. University of California, Davis CA $68,700

in my experience a lot of these schools are NEED based meaning you are not going to get a lot of money from them. It all sounds awesome, but some don't want to come out with all that debt. You can certainly play lax at any of these schools. Whats important to some isn't to others...you can get a good education a fabulous one for that matter at many other schools, play lax and not end up in fool debt

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Still no commit from the DewLax goalie/Team USA U16 goalie.

Will be shocked if she doesn't end up at Notre Dame.

The Goalie that committed to Michigan was just at ND and ND was her dream school. She chose Michigan immediately after. If you are correct, DL goalie should commit shortly to ND.

Interesting.

If ND is your dream school why go to Michigan?[/quote]

Assuming you are not blind, take a trip to South Bend and Ann Arbor and you likely will have at least one of the reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

Education, prestigious, and employment wise, it matters more where your daughter gets her graduate degree (s). An undergraduate B.S. is just a B.S. degree no matter what university she attends.

Lol, kids coming out of top 10 schools get the best jobs and are receiving starting salaries of over $150k. BC and MD grads are not offered the same jobs Princeton and Penn grads. Also is very hard to get into a prestigious graduate school coming out of a mediocre undergraduate program where you major in lacrosse. Not saying it never happens but odds are against.

Plenty of BC and MD grads doing VERY well for themselves!! Check out the alumni networks. News flash, not all companies necessarily love ivy grads. Pretentious

Umm…okay

Nice list! Looks like nearly all of these schools have women's lacrosse programs.

in my experience a lot of these schools are NEED based meaning you are not going to get a lot of money from them. It all sounds awesome, but some don't want to come out with all that debt. You can certainly play lax at any of these schools. Whats important to some isn't to others...you can get a good education a fabulous one for that matter at many other schools, play lax and not end up in fool debt

To each their own... See below additional "lists". (taken from previous posts / thread).

While I believe it's great for a kid to go to The Best school it is Best to go to Right (best fit) school.

Every kid is different and every school is different and every program is different. Help your sons and or daughters find the best fit.

-- "Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from "Target Schools", I'm sure many other industries Target these schools as well. Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school from 2014 - 2019.

Not knocking or touting any schools, just pointing out that Lacrosse can help get our children into many of the feeder schools that many companies recruit from.

Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Yes, I know there are a lot of great schools that are not on any of the lists....

Investment Banking: at the top firms (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: at the top firms (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/ "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm…okay

The lucky girls get nearly full rides by hiding the money! I have two at the above schools and will pay 30k total for both with a 150k adjusted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no free rides in lax. To get that kind of $ you and your spouse have to make about $100k combined or less, and your girls have to be top of their class to get merit and presidential scholarships. Your girls did not get that $ if you’re combined salaries are anywhere over $100k unless you lied on the FAFSA. I work in Higher Ed and lax does not offer full rides to boys or girls in that sport. It isn’t football or basketball. Not even baseball does. So congrats on having girls who are academically in thr top. But your situation isn’t going to be for everyone on this board. So many factors come into play %1 being your EFC (estimated family contribution).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to elevate?
Their owner was money hungry, ran no real practices, and ran the club into the ground. The last few 24s went to other clubs, and a very small group stayed which was a mistake for them. Kissing their careers goodbye.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no free rides in lax. To get that kind of $ you and your spouse have to make about $100k combined or less, and your girls have to be top of their class to get merit and presidential scholarships. Your girls did not get that $ if you’re combined salaries are anywhere over $100k unless you lied on the FAFSA. I work in Higher Ed and lax does not offer full rides to boys or girls in that sport. It isn’t football or basketball. Not even baseball does. So congrats on having girls who are academically in thr top. But your situation isn’t going to be for everyone on this board. So many factors come into play %1 being your EFC (estimated family contribution).

Not accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not accurate.

Correct. Not accurate at all. And every school gives out money differently. For example Yale gives more than Cornell. I can tell that if you have 2 in school at the same time and can get your income to $150 or less, you will clean up big time at a top 10 school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not accurate.

Correct. Not accurate at all. And every school gives out money differently. For example Yale gives more than Cornell. I can tell that if you have 2 in school at the same time and can get your income to $150 or less, you will clean up big time at a top 10 school

Very True!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny to read the posts that try to tear down everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok well when you get your award letters please share. Lol absolutely 100% no free rides based on sports. It’s needs based in the ivies. No academic. Yes academic in thr non ivied but you’re by no means cleaning up. And I detest to break it you you, FAFSA rules change for next year so tougher to get $ from the government. But you keep posting your nonsense here! I really hope you didn’t bank on lax for a free ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok well when you get your award letters please share. Lol absolutely 100% no free rides based on sports. It’s needs based in the ivies. No academic. Yes academic in thr non ivied but you’re by no means cleaning up. And I detest to break it you you, FAFSA rules change for next year so tougher to get $ from the government. But you keep posting your nonsense here! I really hope you didn’t bank on lax for a free ride.

I love how they automatically change a word to detest on this cupcake forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you are the one who has no idea what you’re talking about. I am talking from personal experience. Trying to help people out who have kids with great grades and athletics. If you’re able to keep your adjusted gross low you will make out very well at well endowed schools. Especially if you have more than one child in college at the same time. We did!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true anymore!!! Top Kids are getting great packages and paying nothing!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true at all! You obviously don’t have a daughter whose a top player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% full athletic scholarships do exist in girls lacrosse. Not talking about colleges meeting financial need based or academic merit awards. Every school and coach will handle their money differently. Daughter saw many offers for athletic money ranging from 35% to 100%. (2 at 100%). Most offers were 50%. When my daughter arrived on campus, she learned many of the incoming class had 0% athletic money, and a mix there after. So not every coach will spread the money equally. They have about 3 full rides per class to give. They can bring in 9 recruits all at 33%, 3 at 100%, or however they want to break it up. If I were a coach, I would probably pile heavy money on top recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% full athletic scholarships do exist in girls lacrosse. Not talking about colleges meeting financial need based or academic merit awards. Every school and coach will handle their money differently. Daughter saw many offers for athletic money ranging from 35% to 100%. (2 at 100%). Most offers were 50%. When my daughter arrived on campus, she learned many of the incoming class had 0% athletic money, and a mix there after. So not every coach will spread the money equally. They have about 3 full rides per class to give. They can bring in 9 recruits all at 33%, 3 at 100%, or however they want to break it up. If I were a coach, I would probably pile heavy money on top recruits.

Best player from long island in the 2024 class just committed to UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, NO. And it’s not even close. LI is weak in general in this age group. Best girl by far to MD. Anyone who knows the players knows this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t everyone on this forum have a kid who is a top player lol? Everyone on this forum acts as if their daughter is the #1 pick. It’s hilarious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t everyone on this forum have a kid who is a top player lol? Everyone on this forum acts as if their daughter is the #1 pick. It’s hilarious.

No, first of all St. A is not great at lax. A girl that cries when she doesn’t score enough points is not an authentic player, and scared of letting her parents down. Floyd girl is just good. Period. And I’m not the parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland seemed to be starting slow, but their class is now nine deep! (regardless of any subjective ratings :), Syracuse and Florida with 8, UNC, BC, ND with 7. NW appears to only have 1, with 200+ committed ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fool how many top players come out of this anonymous forum. I agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here’s a question. Is it like a negotiation like a car deal where you can go back or do they say “we are offering 50%?”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here’s a question. Is it like a negotiation like a car deal where you can go back or do they say “we are offering 50%?”

Yes, especially if you daughter is in high demand and deciding between several schools. Most schools will also raise the scholarship while there based on performance. Also interesting is that if your income is low you are sometimes better off with the need based aid plus 7% which is the most that can be combined. This is for non-ivies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you should always gonna k to the FA office and say “can you do better.” Doesn’t always work but sometimes it can. Again, use your keyboards folks to google that there are little to no full rides. And I y’all don’t give athletic scholarships. These parents are going to be surprised when they expect to go for free and have to pay uo. To the parent who got their AGIneloq $150k? You have a cash business or are able to hide $? Those with a w2 cannot do that and putting in your 401k helps but not as much as by pretending that money never existed to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland seemed to be starting slow, but their class is now nine deep! (regardless of any subjective ratings :), Syracuse and Florida with 8, UNC, BC, ND with 7. NW appears to only have 1, with 200+ committed ?

Remember northwestern has a totally different recruiting philosophy than other top program. They focus on athleticism over almost everything else and will bring in lots of "diamonds in the rough"

In last year's freshman class, 3 of their 9 signings hadn't touch a stick before their freshman year.

I'd expect them to have 4 or 5 signings (mostly big names) by early October and then fill out the class with super athletic girls you have probably never heard of over the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Does anyone know if there is a way to look back over the past few years to find out when kids committed to different schools? That would help figure out the timeline some schools work on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, NO. And it’s not even close. LI is weak in general in this age group. Best girl by far to MD. Anyone who knows the players knows this

Why do you have to knock someone down? the poster already said best from LI. And "not even close"? "Not even close" can get an offer from UNC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember northwestern has a totally different recruiting philosophy than other top program. They focus on athleticism over almost everything else and will bring in lots of "diamonds in the rough"

In last year's freshman class, 3 of their 9 signings hadn't touch a stick before their freshman year.

I'd expect them to have 4 or 5 signings (mostly big names) by early October and then fill out the class with super athletic girls you have probably never heard of over the fall.

StonyBrook does similar, and it works out quite well for them. Many “top recruits” got their recognition due to politics, and do nothing in college. For example, BC top recruit from a couple years ago doesn’t see the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you have to knock someone down? the poster already said best from LI. And "not even close"? "Not even close" can get an offer from UNC?

From what I hear, the “not even close” LI girl was at all the top Lacrosse schools by invitation right from the get go. Must have been considered near the top by most all the top college coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Best Player from long island is going to have to live up to all the hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, first of all St. A is not great at lax. A girl that cries when she doesn’t score enough points is not an authentic player, and scared of letting her parents down. Floyd girl is just good. Period. And I’m not the parent

Its safe to say the 24 age group is not a strong one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse posts the date a girl commits. Not sure how many years it goes back but that may help. Just keep in mind the 2022 early commits were from film since they could not make the traditional visits girls are doing now. Better off looking at the 2021 and 2023 classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that its a down year in LI. I will challenge you about who the best player nationally is.

I'd put the M&D girl who just commited to ND and the Grizzlies middie who hasn't comitted as the top offensive players and the M&D defender who committed to Syracase as the best defensive player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Best Player from long island is going to have to live up to all the hype.

most highly rated players end up having great college careers. I don't see why she'll be any different. There some who don't pan out but most do. Look at all the championship winning teams and see where those players were ranked coming out of HS. 90% were top 25. and the LI girl is really good i've seen her play so no it's not fantasy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its safe to say the 24 age group is not a strong one.

Not really , actually dense to say. Look at the commits and how quickly the college coaches are scooping up girls. I guess they feel there are some strong 2024 girls

St. A can prob. Beat whatever team you are on. Let’s see how it goes for them this year? What do you know about authentic players? If it’s girl who I’m thinking of, She Makes players around her better and is no way a selfish player. That’s what an “authentic” player does. Bet you are not the parent , probably a Floyd player

Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard