BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Boys 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No doubt the game is growing outside of Long Island, but you must take everything Ty Xanders says with a grain of salt since he is a prep school guy most focused on the reclasses from the Baltimore/DC area, and the prep schools. He really does not have a pulse of Long Island, and never has. Plenty of " 5 stars" on the island.

So everyone says that, but his list is a national list. Only four kids from the top from Md/DC.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt the game is growing outside of Long Island, but you must take everything Ty Xanders says with a grain of salt since he is a prep school guy most focused on the reclasses from the Baltimore/DC area, and the prep schools. He really does not have a pulse of Long Island, and never has. Plenty of " 5 stars" on the island.

So everyone says that, but his list is a national list. Only four kids from the top from Md/DC.
Chandick is all LI and even he doesnt have LI 5 stars. A few 4 stars. CT leading the way these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every kid is a prep school reclass. One thing that is for sure, it is very hard for on age public school kids to stand out.

Chandick is all LI and even he doesnt have LI 5 stars. A few 4 stars. CT leading the way these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many have an ‘05 or even an ‘04
Birth year very few ‘06

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://[Censored].com/2022/08/26/presenting-the-lilj-boys-class-of-2024-watch-list/

Is this guy kidding with this list? There are kids on it from our HS that don't even play, and we are by no means a powerhouse. How would a player like that land on this list?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birth year very few ‘06
all the CT kids are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://[Censored].com/2022/08/26/presenting-the-lilj-boys-class-of-2024-watch-list/

Is this guy kidding with this list? There are kids on it from our HS that don't even play, and we are by no means a powerhouse. How would a player like that land on this list?

It looks like this list is all the kids on their Varsity teams last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birth year very few ‘06

Definitely not. Being from CT I would say the majority of the good Prep School kids are NOT on age. Public probably, Prep no. Reclass central. Or maybe the post was being sarcastic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...gnating99AdditionalFourStarPlayers/60215

Best of the rest. Very spread out around the country. Hope you all enjoy this recruiting season. All the players should have a good gauge now what level they should be looking at based on the rankings and what interest your son has received already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...gnating99AdditionalFourStarPlayers/60215

Best of the rest. Very spread out around the country. Hope you all enjoy this recruiting season. All the players should have a good gauge now what level they should be looking at based on the rankings and what interest your son has received already.

If my son is recruited by 4 top ten teams and didn't make this list we should stop talks?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every kid is a prep school reclass. One thing that is for sure, it is very hard for on age public school kids to stand out.

Found deeper packets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on one of the 3 top teams on LI. I have to say the complete lack of recruiting advice is shocking. Buyer beware. If I had a younger son in this organization I would switch immediately. No point naming it. If I could do it all over again, we started in 5th grade, I would have asked the recruitable parents back then if the coaches and directors were any help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birth year very few ‘06

Definitely not. Being from CT I would say the majority of the good Prep School kids are NOT on age. Public probably, Prep no. Reclass central. Or maybe the post was being sarcastic?
Ok, Im not being sarcastic, Im talking about the 5 stars from CT from both IL and NLF player rankings being on age. Glad you're from CT but do you play against any of the ranked kids. They are all very good and very on age. Yes across the rest of the list CT has a large population of Prep school hold backs but the facts are facts and the 5 stars in question are on age. 2 of them go to public school and 2 go to Prep school but are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on one of the 3 top teams on LI. I have to say the complete lack of recruiting advice is shocking. Buyer beware. If I had a younger son in this organization I would switch immediately. No point naming it. If I could do it all over again, we started in 5th grade, I would have asked the recruitable parents back then if the coaches and directors were any help.

Let me guess - the one with 35 kids on the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birth year very few ‘06

My son is on the list. October 2005 birthday. Are you trying to tell me he isn't on age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends what state you are from and what state the people who are saying he is not on age are from. The year cut offs are different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. This seems to be more the norm. Totally agree. Our club gave a talk last year on how many connections they had at the beginning of the season and then it crickets from there on out. The coach actually told the kids to stop spamming him with their emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birth year very few ‘06

Ok, Im not being sarcastic, Im talking about the 5 stars from CT from both IL and NLF player rankings being on age. Glad you're from CT but do you play against any of the ranked kids. They are all very good and very on age. Yes across the rest of the list CT has a large population of Prep school hold backs but the facts are facts and the 5 stars in question are on age. 2 of them go to public school and 2 go to Prep school but are on age.

The majority of prep kids are reclassed. Brunswick Taft Hotchkiss. The Massachusetts prep kids are also reclassed. Probably the same for NY prep. Even LI is jumping on the reclass bandwagon. That is a fact. Kudos to the #1 Cheshire public kid for being on age though. Half of my kids team are all reclass and they are all prep school. The other half are public and are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like this list is all the kids on their Varsity teams last year.

Shouldn't that be a requirement?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adding kids in a year when you need your kids seen is a joke. We all know the team...its been the same complaint for years. 35 kids? Is that for real?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it is not Legacy as no one is more active in the recruiting process than TZ. He has helped more non legacy kids get recruited than some of their own programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree ..L

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it is not Legacy as no one is more active in the recruiting process than TZ. He has helped more non legacy kids get recruited than some of their own programs.

The result ms are impressive. And look at how many kids in the top 150 are from his club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has 8 kids but includes a 23 & kid from PA
Express has 5 kids
Taz has 4 kids with one holdback & a kid who has played on all 3 clubs

How can you say they did the best job?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Parents should demand they make two teams. Will not get seen sitting on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91 has 8 kids but includes a 23 & kid from PA
Express has 5 kids

All 3 teams have beat Eclipse and they have 8 players..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has 8 kids but includes a 23 & kid from PA
Express has 5 kids

How can you say they did the best job?

The game is played in so many states by 1000s of kids. Being on the list is a great accomplishment. But it seems the best way to get on it is to be a club that plays and succeeds at a major events. Can a top 100 player be on another LI club not mentioned above, absolutely. But those clubs need to work harder at getting into the correct events and getting the correct exposure. For example, look at the NLF summer championship or Naptown. Why isn’t every LI team trying to play in those events?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on let’s be clear only the top nlf players get top calls. If you don’t play there or nal chances are tight and you got up hill battle. Go top brand name. Nobody looking elsewhere. Pay up for a reason. 2 options on island but really one. Don’t play dice to hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Parents should demand they make two teams. Will not get seen sitting on the bench.

express parents been complaining for years about this. And they added to the roster - in the final year - AGAIN! Its comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Elite Lacrosse Invitational in November? Are there many D1 coaches there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over 100 committed D1 recruits already, wow!.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

express parents been complaining for years about this. And they added to the roster - in the final year - AGAIN! Its comical.

LOL they can make 3 teams with that roster! $$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MS has 7 out of 35 kids recruited he should be fired..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s 1 month into the process and this is how it goes. Yes, there is a lot of kids recruited already, my guess 150ish or more based on IL. But landing a commitment is way more competitive. Please look at the amount of states represented on the current commit list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

35???
That's 150k in fees for one year, for just the A team. How many on the B team?
Maybe 5 fall practices? 2-3 fall one day tournaments. This team doesn't play in the winter. 3-4 summer tournaments with maybe 5 more practices? It's actually comical that people sign up for this. The other 2 LI teams at this age group have well over 1/2 of their teams committed. They provide advice. I know these parents, and they are NOT happy with anything that has happened. ZERO ADVICE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

35???
Maybe 5 fall practices? 2-3 fall one day tournaments. This team doesn't play in the winter. 3-4 summer tournaments with maybe 5 more practices? It's actually comical that people sign up for this. The other 2 LI teams at this age group have well over 1/2 of their teams committed. They provide advice. I know these parents, and they are NOT happy with anything that has happened. ZERO ADVICE

It’s also a case of reality. Kids can be excepting calls schools they will never be committed to. Or attending prospect days that are reaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

35???

buyer beware....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the Colleges really giving for Scholarships ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the Colleges really giving for Scholarships ?

Depends on the school and the player. Not every school is fully funded with the max amount of scholarships. My 2022 got 25 % athletic stacked with 40 percent merit (academic). That’s to a mid tier school. My 2023 Nephew got 33% (all academic) from a patriot league school. He had offers up to 75 percent stacked to other schools Some of my sons teammates got out 70-75% stacked. The better the school usually means less money on the academic side but not always. Depends on the player / student. I also know kids that my son played with that got very little.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard