BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 242 of 264 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont count out port washington

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did they play WI in a scrimmage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa next year will win the State title

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa next year will win the State title

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure about that statement, but if they have a fogo I think they can make a deep run. The 4 senior middies coming back are really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI has lost a major attackman going to be difficult to compete

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Sachem East Head coach stepping down after one season . Connor Farrell PLL faceoff guy. That team must had 5 different coaches in 8 yrs . Players suffer the most . Thats why the better kids go to Catholics .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa doesnt have the FOGO to win the states. They couldn't even make it to the county finals without a FOGO this year and you are on here saying they will win states.. Get a grip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard Sachem East Head coach stepping down after one season . Connor Farrell PLL faceoff guy. That team must had 5 different coaches in 8 yrs . Players suffer the most . Thats why the better kids go to Catholics .
fool parents with unrealistic expectations. They bend the ear of the AD or their friends on the BOE and next thing you know the coach is gone. Seems to be a pattern in certain districts. Right or wrong there used to be a pecking order clearly established by the players and their abilities, not anymore. Now it's what parent can make the most noise or has the most pull. Adults have ruined youth sports, soon they'll be no officials or coaches who want to get involved. Officiating is already at dangerously low numbers, coaching will soon follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and who might that be???Starting attack is intact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and who might that be???Starting attack is intact.

What is this post referring to?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fool parents with unrealistic expectations. They bend the ear of the AD or their friends on the BOE and next thing you know the coach is gone. Seems to be a pattern in certain districts. Right or wrong there used to be a pecking order clearly established by the players and their abilities, not anymore. Now it's what parent can make the most noise or has the most pull. Adults have ruined youth sports, soon they'll be no officials or coaches who want to get involved. Officiating is already at dangerously low numbers, coaching will soon follow.

Does the district suppose to post head coach position to the public ? Not sure how it works

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about WI attack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa has the best starting midfield line coming back they will be a force next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will West Islip look this year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same as it has the last ten years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same as always. Royal blue helmets with gold lettering. White jerseys for home games and Royal Blue for away. That’s the rumor anyways…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown east 2 faceoff guys could of started on anyway team 2 years ago and be a impact on that team , they are very good.

This post personifies this chain. Completely ridiculous statement, fogo dad. My kids team doesn’t have a kid on the team that can Faceoff. Not a single kid. But played Smithtown East and easily won 70 percent of the Faceoffs and coasted to an easy win. Just keeping it real, fogo dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same as always. Royal blue helmets with gold lettering. White jerseys for home games and Royal Blue for away. That’s the rumor anyways…

WI? Give up the ghost WI dad. WI days are looooong over. Team was subpar last year with below average talent. Simply not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont count out port washington

PW had there 1 year run and will go back to being 3rd or 4th in Class A as usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sachem East program has not been good since the beginning. Not from lack of players, but lack of direction. The good news is that on the youth level, they finally have stability with the current leadership. Hopefully that translates into school ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how WI erroneously thought they were going to run through the B conference. Not even close...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown east 2 faceoff guys could of started on anyway team 2 years ago and be a impact on that team , they are very good.

This post personifies this chain. Completely ridiculous statement, fogo dad. My kids team doesn’t have a kid on the team that can Faceoff. Not a single kid. But played Smithtown East and easily won 70 percent of the Faceoffs and coasted to an easy win. Just keeping it real, fogo dad.

Smithtown East lost to 3 teams this past year… Nport, Smithtown West, and Ward Melville. Each of these teams has elite fogos. Weird…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI did not lose a major attackman he is a good player but nothing that is going to move the needle , Good Luck at ST A ..... just a heads up if you did not play at WI what makes you think you will play at ST A ...... time to move on from this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a High School is looking for a Head Coach position
should the school post it out to the public for opening and
try to get the best available or sneaky quiet sliding someone in the spot ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that most school districts require that a posting be placed If not on job boards at least on their website. I know our school district and the district my wife works in they must publicly post all jobs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that most school districts require that a posting be placed If not on job boards at least on their website. I know our school district and the district my wife works in they must publicly post all jobs
Many schools do not require a public post. Some also require internal posting before seeking outside candidates. Requirements vary widely by district. Typically the power schools process is controlled by boosters for better or worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FALSE , Coach left on his own. Better Opportunity . The problem is they need to find Coaches that are Committed . ITS THE KIDS THAT SUFFER , THATS THE SAD PART ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FALSE , Coach left on his own. Better Opportunity . The problem is they need to find Coaches that are Committed . ITS THE KIDS THAT SUFFER , THATS THE SAD PART ..

So give the postion to the Assistants the tr prior or instead try to get more qualified coach ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that would make sense . From what i heard all the coaches were brand new. Never coached Varsity before. Hopefully the do right by the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Districts must hire from within first, so the social studies teacher with no lacrosse experience must be given the job if he wants it. After that, must be a certified coach. LI teachers unions RUN the schools, never mind the BOE or PTA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many schools do not require a public post. Some also require internal posting before seeking outside candidates. Requirements vary widely by district. Typically the power schools process is controlled by boosters for better or worse.

This is completely false, the "boosters" have nothing to do with it, sorry but this isn't Friday Night Lights, this is Long Island, and boosters mean nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any open HS coaching Postions anyone know of ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem East, but may have been filled by a JV coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good affordable shooting clinics left on Li . Used to be alot more . Not looking to spend more than $60 plus an hour . Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Shore HS is looking for a varsity assistant (to be hands on) and JV Head Coach and assistant. School has posted publicly and looking out of district. If anyone knows of someone who may be interested please reply with your cell and I will contact you. NS has a strong group of 27/28/29/ and 30's coming up to middle school / JV level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI did not lose a major attackman he is a good player but nothing that is going to move the needle , Good Luck at ST A ..... just a heads up if you did not play at WI what makes you think you will play at ST A ...... time to move on from this

Just too small… and the choice was small minded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Districts must hire from within first, so the social studies teacher with no lacrosse experience must be given the job if he wants it. After that, must be a certified coach. LI teachers unions RUN the schools, never mind the BOE or PTA.
I unfortunately have to agree. We have coaches at our hs with ZERO coaching knowledge coaching at the varsity just because they are district teachers. They have no qualifications and no playing experience. Some are good people but have no idea what they're doing. This isn't just a casual observation, I've spoken to the AD and he said his hands are tied because of the policies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the favorites in Suffolk? Sinai has dropped out of the conversation. SWR’s attack will keep them in most games, but rest of team very mediocre. WI very average last year. Expect same this year. Comesewogue will be above average again. WM will be very competitive. BBP solid but no fogo again this year. The Smithtowns don’t have the horses to run with the big dawgs. Northport? Suffolk looks wide open to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa or the Dale in Nassau Conference 1 who do you got?

Like Reply Quote
Page 242 of 264 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard