BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2018 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Information, discussions, and questions covering the teams, clubs, and players in the Girls 2018 age group can be posted here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2018 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just starting off with the most recent tournament -Hofstra. There was a tie-die team from this age group from who knows where?... that totally smoked everyone hard from what I saw. Don't know if they played a yj team and I am not familiar with the caliber of all the teams they played, but I watched them play and was very impressed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Seriously you expect people to believe you did not know who they are but you know they smoked everyone.Go ahead and tell us who your child is playing for you know you want to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Team went undefeated at Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
westhampton

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
Seriously you expect people to believe you did not know who they are but you know they smoked everyone.Go ahead and tell us who your child is playing for you know you want to

You assume much... My daughter's team lost hard to them as did others(I watched and asked other teams). They appeared on the schedule with no town affiliation and no club affiliation, so you can save your snide remarks for yourself. It appears that someone has identified them as west hampton, good to know, thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they were a very good team. a couple of hampton bays girls as well. they are very well coached and the coaches are affiliated with a travel team as well so many of those girls play travel ball also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to take away to much from that tournament as it was more like scrimmages. Also hard to compare this group in the summer tournaments as they were be playing up at 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the girls recognized from playing for Top Guns last year and some played for three village town team as well as other towns. They played well together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many of the girls from that team ,it is not a town team.Many of those girls are TG and are from multiple teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish they played the Undefeated YJ team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the beach bum team fit into the general 2018 landscape? Any feedback re this weekend's tryout? Will there be one or two teams for current 6th graders? Will there be any additional try outs? Not familiar with all clubs and seeking something above pal level for daughter with solid yet not elite level skills Any feedback re rip curl, express, yj, liberty etc. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They would of beaten the yj just as easily.You only saw 1/2 of that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does the beach bum team fit into the general 2018 landscape? Any feedback re this weekend's tryout? Will there be one or two teams for current 6th graders? Will there be any additional try outs? Not familiar with all clubs and seeking something above pal level for daughter with solid yet not elite level skills Any feedback re rip curl, express, yj, liberty etc. Thank you.

Beach bums at this age are not very competitive. Maybe someday but certainly not now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beach bums at this age are not very competitive. Maybe someday but certainly not now.
Thank you for your response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty is competitive but not very personal, lots of Garden City/Manhasset kids. Rip Curls is the next step above PAL, if your daughter is still refining her skills and doesn't want to sit on the sideline. Just my 2 cents having been around lax for 10 years. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty is competitive but not very personal, lots of Garden City/Manhasset kids. Rip Curls is the next step above PAL, if your daughter is still refining her skills and doesn't want to sit on the sideline. Just my 2 cents having been around lax for 10 years. Good luck!

Ditto that for beach bums, they are certainly a step up from PAL, probably in line with RipCurl. Any and all the clubs offer an excellent oportunity to allow the girls to get in lots of playing time. Some of the out of town, big name tournaments that some of these teams will play in, offer 5 or 6 full length games in pool play, and then perhaps two or three more playoff games (if you advance). That's potentially 7 or 8 games in one weekend. That's as much playing time and experience a girl would see in an entire PAL season. Not all teams participate in the same tournaments or same number of tournaments. Just be aware of the teams tournament schedule and travel plans and make sure it matches your and your daughters level of comitment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this site. Someone told me there was a string about this team. Thought I would clarify... My husband was the coach of the purple tie dye team. My daughter plays for Top Guns. The team was a random group of friends. 2020 - 2018... From 3 different towns. Some on Top Guns from the past season, the rest are on Top Guns as of this coming year. We are from Westhampton, my niece is from East Hampton, the others from neighboring towns (Sayville and BBP). It was a really fun event!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They would of beaten the yj just as easily.You only saw 1/2 of that team.

YJ won at lax for Cure!! I guess it was not so easy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after hearing so much about the westhampton team I decided to check them out at lax for the cure. Excellent team but in no way are they a town team. Also what age because I believe I saw a kid who is currently in 7th grade playing for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after hearing so much about the westhampton team I decided to check them out at lax for the cure. Excellent team but in no way are they a town team. Also what age because I believe I saw a kid who is currently in 7th grade playing for them.

No 7th graders, many are actually much younger. They range from 2018-2020 (4th to 6th Grade), so they are actually very young for this division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are a great team but are mainly a top gun team or a select team that the coach puts together. They definitely get extra points for style-I'm sure the girls on the team loved their outfits. They went in as westhampton but the coach and his daughter and maybe two or three others are the only whb kids. Doesn't matter where they're from. Its a great little team and they played great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax for hope was a great event. All the girls seemed to have a lot of fun. I watched the final game between the pink team and the yj 2018 Great game! It came down to the final seconds where the yj got a penalty shot to win the game. Final score was 6-5. Both teams played great.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
i heard the 7th grader is actually still 11, she was moved up a grade in school. I also spoke to a parent on the sideline. They had a 2019, a 2020 and also 4 of those girls will be on Top Guns this summer but havent played any travel lax yet.
The YJ team was excellent, terrific goalie too. The teams were very evenly matched and I believe when they meet in the summer when they are both at full strenght that it will be a great game to watch.
P.S.--The TG/westhampton parents as well as the YJ parents were very well behaved. No outbursts, no scolding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a news 12 camera at the event so I watched the news for this tournament. They highlighted the pink team along with the tournament sponser for the cause. Great little piece. Carol Rose from yj's also got some air time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brings up an interesting problem when a child is moved ahead in school. It seems holding a kid back is more the norm but when a child gets moved ahead what division do they play in at a grade level event.Does that child get a disadvantage just because they excel in school and the opposite should a child get an athletic advantage because they were held back.I guess its the main focus of the discussion age vs grade level tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure who you spoke to, but there were definitly no 7th graders on that team 1 is in 4th, 1 in 5th, and the rest are in 6th grade. They are from Sayville, Bayport, and Westhampton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the riser division was the youngest bracket at this tournament, having watched a few of the teams in this division, I am amazed at the talent level of some of these teams. You watch them on the field playing way beyond their ages then they come off the fields and you see them milling around between games and you recognize that they are still just little kids. They certainly don't play lacrosse like little kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a news 12 camera at the event so I watched the news for this tournament. They highlighted the pink team along with the tournament sponser for the cause. Great little piece. Carol Rose from yj's also got some air time.

Lax for hope has that broadcast on the website. http://www.laxforhope.org/

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Lax for hope has that broadcast on the website. http://www.laxforhope.org/
BOTC hopes that everyone takes a moment to click through to the Lax for Hope site and check out the News 12 video. Back of the Cage was proud to advertise this event and happy that the Yellow Jackets organization brought this very worthy cause to our attention. More so, we should all take pride in the teams that played and contributed on game day.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard