BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: Boys 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you're an adult looking at youth lacrosse rankings for "fun" to hen you have even more issues than I could imagine.

What about people like yourself who checks this page?

Rankings are fine. Just don’t take them too seriously.

Fair. Use ranks to sort out proven track records. Good teams coached properly have a good rank and win. Good development for the most part has a good ranking. The same good clubs usually stand out as they have a proven formula and good rankings. Pretty easy. Was not easy for my oldest two when no rankings so we had to research more.

The rankings mean everything so don’t no what the argument is all about?

Who do you think compiles these rankings?? Specifically?. All smoke and mirrors. Bunch of 30-50 year old men in their basement drinking bud light and eating hot pockets acting bad[Censored]Useless rankings.

Rankings would be good if they weren't biased ...worst kept secret is that 91 has a hand in the cookie jar with the rankings ....so until they're not biased they mean nothing

Would take an independent company going to games and independently ranking. Not happening. Rankings are useless with tons of teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people complaining about the USCL rankings or is there another ranking out there for 2027? From what I can tell its a fixed formula with no input other than game scores. Am I missing something? Of course it isn't perfect because there isn't enough inter-regional play but I've found teams have generally played pretty close to their rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people complaining about the USCL rankings or is there another ranking out there for 2027? From what I can tell its a fixed formula with no input other than game scores. Am I missing something? Of course it isn't perfect because there isn't enough inter-regional play but I've found teams have generally played pretty close to their rankings.

Yes , you're missing something ..it is " supposedly" a fixed formula but there are a lot of head scratching rankings that don't make sense at all which gives credence to the fact that certain clubs have "Influence" behind the scenes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can select "Rating Math" and see the data and the computation so I'm still not sure where any outside influence comes in. Perhaps the teams are given different initial ratings so the "Opp Rating" is available early in the year? My only beef with it is that it seems to favor playing a weak schedule and beating teams by 10 as opposed to losing to some stronger teams. In my experience it's been surprisingly reliable - haven't seen many games where either teams rankings seemed wildly wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I understand, it is the same formula the NCAA uses for their rankings. Some of the reasons it doesn't translate directly is because of the sheer number of club teams and then the fact the club teams sometimes play less games (depending on the club) both of which are factors which make a margin for error. Then, I think fall is also factored in which may also affect the rankings which we all know fall is kind of the the Silly Season.

I am not from LI so I have no horse in this race but I don't think 91 is messing with the rankings. The two things that people seem to misunderstand:

1) When someone says, well be beat "X" team or we win the NLF/NAL, etc - why aren't we ranked higher?". Lower seeds will sometimes beat higher seed but it doesnt make you higher because it depends on the outcome of all the other games you played

2) A lot of people look at the record but the strength of schedule does matter (as does margin of victory?). I see teams load up on cupcake tournaments and go undefeated and they wonder why they aren't ranked higher. Its because they played bad teams which affects the ranking. My kids team is a pretty decent team that sometimes beats but usually loses to teams in the top 40 in the country. So even though they may have losses, they play tough teams which keeps their rankings in the 50-60's.

And for those who say rankings are dense and why follow them must not watch college football, have any discussion over the greatest bands in the world, have your top 10 restaurants youve ever been to, ranked the greatest 3rd basemen in MLB history (Brooks), etc: its what we do as humans. We rank things - this just happens to have a numerical statistical evaluation assigned to it. The key is not to really care about it too much and look at it as a conversational piece or a loose representation of where your team stands. If it bothers you that much, just scroll on by.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I understand, it is the same formula the NCAA uses for their rankings. Some of the reasons it doesn't translate directly is because of the sheer number of club teams and then the fact the club teams sometimes play less games (depending on the club) both of which are factors which make a margin for error. Then, I think fall is also factored in which may also affect the rankings which we all know fall is kind of the the Silly Season.

I am not from LI so I have no horse in this race but I don't think 91 is messing with the rankings. The two things that people seem to misunderstand:

1) When someone says, well be beat "X" team or we win the NLF/NAL, etc - why aren't we ranked higher?". Lower seeds will sometimes beat higher seed but it doesnt make you higher because it depends on the outcome of all the other games you played

2) A lot of people look at the record but the strength of schedule does matter (as does margin of victory?). I see teams load up on cupcake tournaments and go undefeated and they wonder why they aren't ranked higher. Its because they played bad teams which affects the ranking. My kids team is a pretty decent team that sometimes beats but usually loses to teams in the top 40 in the country. So even though they may have losses, they play tough teams which keeps their rankings in the 50-60's.

And for those who say rankings are dense and why follow them must not watch college football, have any discussion over the greatest bands in the world, have your top 10 restaurants youve ever been to, ranked the greatest 3rd basemen in MLB history (Brooks), etc: its what we do as humans. We rank things - this just happens to have a numerical statistical evaluation assigned to it. The key is not to really care about it too much and look at it as a conversational piece or a loose representation of where your team stands. If it bothers you that much, just scroll on by.

👏🏼

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will the igloo AA team be this yr ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good, thanks for asking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will the igloo AA team be this yr ?

Many left that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo hasn't been in the conversation for years as far as top boys 2027 teams on LI are concerned. I'm sure they are still pretty bad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the conversation"...you mean the conversation amongst dad's living vicariously through their kids? The dad's that obsess over 10,11, 12 year old lacrosse teams and players? Sad....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo hasn't been in the conversation for years as far as top boys 2027 teams on LI are concerned. I'm sure they are still pretty bad

28’s are not good either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the conversation"...you mean the conversation amongst dad's living vicariously through their kids? The dad's that obsess over 10,11, 12 year old lacrosse teams and players? Sad....

We got another one. Does he/she realize they are checking in on the obsessed posts?? Hmmmm anyone got a mirror!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A handful of Igloo starters are pretty decent.The problem is they have no depth and they were very small at midfield.They also lost 75% of their faceoffs.They had a couple of real good poles and an attack man but that was it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A handful of Igloo starters are pretty decent.The problem is they have no depth and they were very small at midfield.They also lost 75% of their faceoffs.They had a couple of real good poles and an attack man but that was it.

Igloo is a sinking ship ....they're not a good club and are not considered among the elite teams on long island anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is a sinking ship ....they're not a good club and are not considered among the elite teams on long island anymore

Sorry to say but igloo is not the only club fading fast. Plenty of other good options elsewhere. Training and coaching is what we pay for. Please keep the lip service and broken promises to yourself. These clubs charge an arm and a leg and still supply daddy ball, crappy training and cancelled practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AA is a lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s great to be a Outlaw!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not great to be a Legacy Gator. Pitiful day in NJ. Smh. Slide downward continues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not great to be a Legacy Gator. Pitiful day in NJ. Smh. Slide downward continues

Feel bad for those kids. They are nowhere close to AA. Drop down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 28 team didn’t do much better. Taz is the only team that stands out for that club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 28 team didn’t do much better. Taz is the only team that stands out for that club.

Truth. Every marketing angle has ridden on Taz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reached out to igloo last yr for a solid F/O kid and asked reduce price because of all the training he does on the side . They said no . Oh well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are way too expensive 1st off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another club way to expensive and travel way to much . Are they doing FL again in December?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another club way to expensive and travel way to much . Are they doing FL again in December?

The expense to travel with an average team to get smashed during the holidays. Hard pass. Try winning local northeast first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are way too expensive 1st off

When the B team becomes better than the A team, there is a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams care about. Get to close to 30 kid rosters at 4k a pop then passively aggressive families to do extraneous tournaments so the owners friends can make money at tournaments then reciptocate later. Legacy not only one but major player here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t funny the first time either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do think it’s even greater to be part of teams that don’t fold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams care about. Get to close to 30 kid rosters at 4k a pop then passively aggressive families to do extraneous tournaments so the owners friends can make money at tournaments then reciptocate later. Legacy not only one but major player here

How about the reclass/holdback issue ...heard there are certain teams with 6 holdback/reclass players on their roster . Along with coaches kids . Ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine lost there best player to S2S .

And the loud Daddy Coach did any others follow ? Set back for Machine !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was loud daddy coach the best player dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was loud daddy coach the best player dad?

Yes heard he got Deebo from the movie Friday from another parent thats why hes gone any truth ? Poor kid .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a machine attackman went back on grade to the venom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws folded. No need to keep posting your statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a machine attackman went back on grade to the venom

And their best player , also on attack left willingly for s2s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical Legacy. They want no bn part of Express in their Columbus day tournament. Weak.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard