BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 31 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think this person is looking at 2021. i do not believe any of the fall tourny's have posted their schedules. Please Fact not Fiction

Go to the fall draw website. FLG is playing Philly Blast, CLC C team, Jersey Shore Select

Legacy Blue playing Eagle Stix A, Steps A, Sound

Liberty playing Steps A, CLC, Sound

Legacy White playing CLC B, Snipers, ASK

How does a team ranked 8th nationally get placed in such a weak bracket?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this person is looking at 2021. i do not believe any of the fall tourny's have posted their schedules. Please Fact not Fiction

Go to the fall draw website. FLG is playing Philly Blast, CLC C team, Jersey Shore Select

When you sign up for the tournaments, you choose your bracket -- Very competitive -- Elite, Highly competitive, or Competitive.

The top brackets likely picked Elite, the next two picked Highly competitive and the rest (including FLG) picked competitive. FLG is in the best group of the "competitive" teams.

What complicates this tourney a bit is that you can also choose preferred slot if you want (morning or afternoon). Most tourney directors will guarantee morning slots to teams with long journeys (who are likely flying) like Eagle Stix, Steps California and Team One.

That said, if FLG requested Elite, they would at a minimum be in one of the top two brackets and have 3 very good games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you sign up for the tournaments, you choose your bracket -- Very competitive -- Elite, Highly competitive, or Competitive.

The top brackets likely picked Elite, the next two picked Highly competitive and the rest (including FLG) picked competitive. FLG is in the best group of the "competitive" teams.

What complicates this tourney a bit is that you can also choose preferred slot if you want (morning or afternoon). Most tourney directors will guarantee morning slots to teams with long journeys (who are likely flying) like Eagle Stix, Steps California and Team One.

That said, if FLG requested Elite, they would at a minimum be in one of the top two brackets and have 3 very good games.

This seems strange. I've never known FLG to duck anyone. Especially top competition. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact - FLG parents had a meeting with the owners at the end of last season and demanded better tourneys/competition going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact - FLG parents had a meeting with the owners at the end of last season and demanded better tourneys/competition going forward.

Does it matter if they play in better tournaments if they don't play in top brackets?

The only top tourney they played in last year was fall Live Love Lax, they played in a middle brackets against the likes of TLC and AIM. Seems like they have the same strategy this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they're off to a good start

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This seems strange. I've never known FLG to duck anyone. Especially top competition. lol

If your strategy is to maximize your US club lax ranking, this is exactly what you do. Play mostly teams ranked 40-70 in the country.

If it much easier to beat the #50 team by 8 then to simply beat a top 10 team. The way rankings work, beating the #50 team in the country by 8 will usually get you more points than tying the #10 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These can’t be YJA, Jesters Black and TG parents saying all this about FLG. I bet if you ask them they would say that FLG belongs among the top teams in the country. 8. 15. 20. 25. Who cares where they are ranked. The team is great. The coaches are great. The kids are happy. The parents are happy. That’s 4 for 4. So why do you care who they play or where they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These can’t be YJA, Jesters Black and TG parents saying all this about FLG. I bet if you ask them they would say that FLG belongs among the top teams in the country. 8. 15. 20. 25. Who cares where they are ranked. The team is great. The coaches are great. The kids are happy. The parents are happy. That’s 4 for 4. So why do you care who they play or where they play.

It's more than likely FLG parents. FLG ownership has been trying to convince parents that they are trying to get better competition for their 27 team. This schedule is just another example about how its all talk.

YJ and TG parents are more than happy to see these girls lag behind in development from not playing top competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Lag behind in development” = a laughable statement

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more than likely FLG parents. FLG ownership has been trying to convince parents that they are trying to get better competition for their 27 team. This schedule is just another example about how its all talk.

YJ and TG parents are more than happy to see these girls lag behind in development from not playing top competition.

The way girl's tournaments work, and I have this from a director who struggled through the process years ago, is that clubs who attend a tournament have first pick to attend the following year. Of course, the established clubs usually continue to go to the better tournaments, effectively locking out newer clubs.

If you're a new(er) club, you have to wait on the standby list until a spot opens. If it doesn't open, you don't get in. If it does open, you'll get in and be guaranteed an opportunity for the following year.

This process is well established, making it much harder for newer clubs to get into the best tournaments. Eventually, they do, but at that point, they're not new anymore. It is a process that takes time.

For us girls lacrosse parents; a new club equals crappy tournaments; an established club equals good tournaments. It's as simple as that.

To boil it down further, if you like your club and have a young daughter, you have time to wait it out, and eventually, they'll be able to get into good tournaments so you can stay put. If your daughter is near recruiting age, you're much better off at an established club that is already going to the top tournaments where your daughter is going to be seen. Even "crappy" tournaments can have good teams to play against. What they don't have, is college coaches lining the sideline during your daughter's recruiting years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that is a classless post! Why would you be more than happy to see young girls “lag behind”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The way girl's tournaments work, and I have this from a director who struggled through the process years ago, is that clubs who attend a tournament have first pick to attend the following year. Of course, the established clubs usually continue to go to the better tournaments, effectively locking out newer clubs.

If you're a new(er) club, you have to wait on the standby list until a spot opens. If it doesn't open, you don't get in. If it does open, you'll get in and be guaranteed an opportunity for the following year.

This process is well established, making it much harder for newer clubs to get into the best tournaments. Eventually, they do, but at that point, they're not new anymore. It is a process that takes time.

For us girls lacrosse parents; a new club equals crappy tournaments; an established club equals good tournaments. It's as simple as that.

To boil it down further, if you like your club and have a young daughter, you have time to wait it out, and eventually, they'll be able to get into good tournaments so you can stay put. If your daughter is near recruiting age, you're much better off at an established club that is already going to the top tournaments where your daughter is going to be seen. Even "crappy" tournaments can have good teams to play against. What they don't have, is college coaches lining the sideline during your daughter's recruiting years.

Well said. I’d also add that if your club isn’t in a top tournament by 8th, they are likely never getting into it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are girls sitting the bench at YJ and TG getting "development" against the top teams? I guess they get to watch them play which is something....

Newbie parents....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally, college coaches at most tournaments don't watch
more than 10-15 minutes of a game unless they’re there
specifically for a certain player or players. It's a fact that they
don't have enough time to view multiple games across a
restricted time schedule. While a coach is at a game there
is no guarantee that they see your daughter play if she's on the
bench, or if the ball is in the opposite field of play. A good or great
player will always get noticed. Most of those and all other players
will need to get noticed by attending college camps and clinics of
specific schools as well as showcases where the team rosters are
limited to a low number of players wherein it guarantees all players play significant minutes of field time to be seen and evaluated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outliers, that Aces team is good and they lost 14-3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is this in reference to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw YJ website saying they are looking for 5 field players for 27s and 28s. Does this mean they will have 4 teams this year for middle school age groups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think LI Liberty, who lost to Aces 3-14 over summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think LI Liberty, who lost to Aces 3-14 over summer.

random...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule on TSIC has FLG in top bracket and not playing any of those teams mentioned above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule on TSIC has FLG in top bracket and not playing any of those teams mentioned above.

That’s a change then. Previous poster was correct at the time. Guess the Winks read forums smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your strategy is to maximize your US club lax ranking, this is exactly what you do. Play mostly teams ranked 40-70 in the country.

If it much easier to beat the #50 team by 8 then to simply beat a top 10 team. The way rankings work, beating the #50 team in the country by 8 will usually get you more points than tying the #10 team.[/quote]

Starting to believe this is really the case! When you look at teams like FLG and Top Guns, it seems the strategy is to play in lower brackets and against lower teams for most of the season until the final few summer tournaments of the year. But how can you blame them when all of us are on here talking about rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg is playing in a bracket with the number 4 team in the country and purposely got moved there. I don't think it's the clubs fault more of the tournaments because flg is a small club. Last year if I'm correct played aces, pride, yj, and heros. I don't have a problem with their team, but many parents here seem to be so disturbed by them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Flg is playing in a bracket with the number 4 team in the country and purposely got moved there. I don't think it's the clubs fault more of the tournaments because flg is a small club. Last year if I'm correct played aces, pride, yj, and heros. I don't have a problem with their team, but many parents here seem to be so disturbed by them.
[/quote

Few, not many. They just post often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea about the APEX Girls Futures next month?
Quality
Cost
College Coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw YJ website saying they are looking for 5 field players for 27s and 28s. Does this mean they will have 4 teams this year for middle school age groups?
Looking at the YJ website, they need these players for their third team. Looks like they lost quite few girls' at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Yellow Jackets A trimmed down to 22 players.

Moved one player up from B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea about the APEX Girls Futures next month?
Quality
Cost
College Coaches

money grab - no college coaches are looking at 27's yet and definitely won't be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have done a couple of extra things. Some voluntary some invite. All money grabs so far. 10th grade is a different story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the FLG girl is a quality add and will start at middie from day one.

Still didn't really address their challenges at D and overall lack of speed. Hopefully they will move one of their backup middies to D to help shore it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still didn't really address their challenges at D and overall lack of speed. Hopefully they will move one of their backup middies to D to help shore it up.

where did this add come from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Came from FLG. Her older sister is the star at Stony Brook.

I am more curious what happened to Gaghan. Looks like their 4 or 5 of their best players are all gone. I know one got promoted to Graz. Any idea where the rest went?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No FLG pick ups this year on YJ A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news. YJ did not add an FLG kid. They all returned to FLG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of rubbish posted here. Who is the “star player” on Stony Brook? Gaghan lost none of their top players other than the one girl who was moved to A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am more curious what happened to Gaghan. Looks like their 4 or 5 of their best players are all gone. I know one got promoted to Graz. Any idea where the rest went?
You have no idea what you are talking about, only 1 Gaghan player moved up to Graz/Stadler. Also I think one moved down. Just look at the rosters from this year and compared to LY. Do a little research before you make incorrect statements. Also I think Graz lost a player that has been on team from the beginning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Graz still the A team coach? Seems they are going by Stadler now.

As for Gaghan, 2 from YJ A, 1 from Top Guns, a few others I am unsure of where they came from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you are talking about, only 1 Gaghan player moved up to Graz/Stadler. Also I think one moved down. Just look at the rosters from this year and compared to LY. Do a little research before you make incorrect statements. Also I think Graz lost a player that has been on team from the beginning.

They made three cuts. Probably should have made at least three more. Basically the same team -- except it will go from 8 girls not playings to 5 girls not playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They made three cuts. Probably should have made at least three more. Basically the same team -- except it will go from 8 girls not playings to 5 girls not playing
Why do you care, Is your daughter on the team

Page 6 of 31 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard