BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,111
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SR and his custom made M&D clothes. Guy needs to get a life

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SR and his custom made M&D clothes. Guy needs to get a life

No need for envy. Good for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure whoever posted “little squatty coach” didn’t mean it as a compliment. It was meant to be insulting
Idc how strong and fit he is. He is still always going to be short. Classic Napoleon complex

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure whoever posted “little squatty coach” didn’t mean it as a compliment. It was meant to be insulting
Idc how strong and fit he is. He is still always going to be short. Classic Napoleon complex

Sure this isn’t a coach who went to school in Virginia ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m 100% sure I’m referring to the previously mentioned squatty, jockey sized (but extremely fit) assistant coach that indeed went to school in Virginia. The head coach is also squatty, but definitely not jockey sized.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA or W&L?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters were posted for M&D and girls were cut from both teams. Two hours later rosters repost and they're back on the teams. Now players and their parents are upset and heading to tryouts at three other clubs. This is what happens when a club let's moms and dads interfere with teams. It angers parents who do not have the luxury of calling up the club administrators/owners and having their kids put back on rosters or moved to the black team. What should be the best team around is a disaster right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters were posted for M&D and girls were cut from both teams. Two hours later rosters repost and they're back on the teams. Now players and their parents are upset and heading to tryouts at three other clubs. This is what happens when a club let's moms and dads interfere with teams. It angers parents who do not have the luxury of calling up the club administrators/owners and having their kids put back on rosters or moved to the black team. What should be the best team around is a disaster right now.
If what you are saying is correct, why does anyone want their daughters to play there? Serious question. Is it really worth it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better question would be, why would anyone want their daughter playing for that coach? Serious issues with his style and micromanagement of the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If what you are saying is correct, why does anyone want their daughters to play there? Serious question. Is it really worth it?

I heard that this is the same team, girls were told at a tournament behind the bleachers they were being cut from teams? Sent away crying? Is there truth to this? If so, don’t want my kid part of that club

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that this is the same team, girls were told at a tournament behind the bleachers they were being cut from teams? Sent away crying? Is there truth to this? If so, don’t want my kid part of that club[/quote]

Same club/ different team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that this is the same team, girls were told at a tournament behind the bleachers they were being cut from teams? Sent away crying? Is there truth to this? If so, don’t want my kid part of that club

Same club/ different team[/quote]

Ok, thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else get sad when you realize the 24s are ending their club lax journey in the coming months? Wild to think a lot girls will be committed in early fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else get sad when you realize the 24s are ending their club lax journey in the coming months? Wild to think a lot girls will be committed in early fall

They have a year left. Lots of really good players in the area that will be finding a really good opportunity. Excited to see where they all land and excited to see great competitive games this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just skywalkers 24 that is ridiculously violent or is it all ages for skywalkers as a program. I assume the coaches preach overly aggressive play as all I see from every game is yellow card after yellow card. Over the years I have seen the coaching staff congratulate girls for “earning” a penalty instead of coaching them away from potentially hurting girls.
Teams that play them this summer might want to consider helmets and pads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just skywalkers 24 that is ridiculously violent or is it all ages for skywalkers as a program. I assume the coaches preach overly aggressive play as all I see from every game is yellow card after yellow card. Over the years I have seen the coaching staff congratulate girls for “earning” a penalty instead of coaching them away from potentially hurting girls.

Did they have an issue with this recently or from past history? They are a talented team but very inconsistent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they have an issue with this recently or from past history? They are a talented team but very inconsistent.

I don’t question their talent, I question their coaching overly aggressive play. As for yesterday, all hearsay but I heard from 2 teams parents that it was more of the same and they got 4+ yellow cards in each of the games. As for history, saw it first hand for the last few years and it is over the top and girls have and will continue to get hurt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t question their talent, I question their coaching overly aggressive play. As for yesterday, all hearsay but I heard from 2 teams parents that it was more of the same and they got 4+ yellow cards in each of the games. As for history, saw it first hand for the last few years and it is over the top and girls have and will continue to get hurt

1 or 2 players get all the cards for that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering that 19+ players on the final four teams were Skywalkers, I would say that the club is more than a successful and the playing style is conducive to being sought after by the nations top, elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering that 19+ players on the final four teams were Skywalkers, I would say that the club is more than a successful and the playing style is conducive to being sought after by the nations top, elite teams.

Or they used to have good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, that is as funny.
But seriously, is the 24 team an anomaly to the program or are college coaches always looking for girls who aim for concussions and yellow cards and it just isn’t talked about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, that is as funny.
But seriously, is the 24 team an anomaly to the program or are college coaches always looking for girls who aim for concussions and yellow cards and it just isn’t talked about.

No college teams want kids that cant move and have no control of stick or body. Plus cards usually end up costing a goal 50%of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, that is as funny.

The 24 team has always played like that. They also hold their opponent's sticks down on draws and 8 meters until they get caught and called out by the refs. They put their sticks on tops of their opponent's sticks. Its super annoying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, the teams are still stacked.

Every year girls are going to top 10 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is how they play on all of their teams. Just ask the girls who wake up with bruises the next day after playing them. One would have to assume this is how their organization is coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is how they play on all of their teams. Just ask the girls who wake up with bruises the next day after playing them. One would have to assume this is how their organization is coached.

They've been playing that way for almost 20 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that wasnt the question. Coaching is gettting worse there. They allow and encourage these goon tactics. Tackling, slashing, kicking and look at the talent at 26-30 . Not much going on there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that wasnt the question. Coaching is gettting worse there. They allow and encourage these goon tactics. Tackling, slashing, kicking and look at the talent at 26-30 . Not much going on there.

Skywalker teams don’t really excel until about 8th grade and always get influx of talent due to recruiting pipelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the SWB / Heroes Green game had 50+ coaches yesterday, very impressive showing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the SWB / Heroes Green game had 50+ coaches yesterday, very impressive showing

It was a great game and zero yellow cards. All the comments about SW and coaching a“dirty style” of play is just BS. Are their teams aggressive, yes. So are all of the other top clubs. Quit your “shade”! Good luck during the recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a great game and zero yellow cards. All the comments about SW and coaching a“dirty style” of play is just BS. Are their teams aggressive, yes. So are all of the other top clubs. Quit your “shade”! Good luck during the recruiting process.
That’s funny because there were 2 yellow cards on skywalkers in that game and they had 5 yellows and a green card the week before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else concerned at the lack of commitments to top programs so far for the Maryland 24’s? The past couple years I’ve noticed that more players are being recruited from regions other than the usual MD/LI hot beds. The explosion in the amount of clubs/players in club lacrosse for the 2022’s and younger has seemed to make it a lot harder to get recruited at all. I’ve seen a lot of great MD players not find a home at all the past couple years and end up playing club in college or forgo playing in college at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else concerned at the lack of commitments to top programs so far for the Maryland 24’s? The past couple years I’ve noticed that more players are being recruited from regions other than the usual MD/LI hot beds. The explosion in the amount of clubs/players in club lacrosse for the 2022’s and younger has seemed to make it a lot harder to get recruited at all. I’ve seen a lot of great MD players not find a home at all the past couple years and end up playing club in college or forgo playing in college at all.
I was thinking the same thing-only seen 2(?) locals SW & Nems? MD is not the hotbed anymore….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking the same thing-only seen 2(?) locals SW & Nems? MD is not the hotbed anymore….

They’ll start to roll in next week after some of these girls
Get their visits done. The weekend after Sept 1st being a holiday may have slowed it down. But these girls are visiting multiple schools. I think you’ll start to hear more next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get their visits done. The weekend after Sept 1st being a holiday may have slowed it down. But these girls are visiting multiple schools. I think you’ll start to hear more next week

People-relax. These girls are getting their visits in. You can’t get the uniformed-up money shot when you accept over the phone!
Just look at your daughters snapmap to see where the girls are on the weekends and sometimes during the week.
Some schools fever-recruit in the beginning because they want to lock down on some girls. That’s it. That’s what you are seeing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People-relax. These girls are getting their visits in. You can’t get the uniformed-up money shot when you accept over the phone!
Just look at your daughters snapmap to see where the girls are on the weekends and sometimes during the week.
Some schools fever-recruit in the beginning because they want to lock down on some girls. That’s it. That’s what you are seeing.

Why would the 2024’s who have already committed have a different need than the hot bed girls? Your point isn’t valid. And the original poster mentioned the 22’s and 23’s also and they aren’t waiting for college visits to make a decision. Today’s Inside Lacrosse Top 10 2024’s shows just how much the game has grown across the country. Sadly the Maryland girls no longer have an advantage. If anything, these programs are looking to grow their reach and relationships with other clubs throughout the country. It’s no longer possible for a club owner or recruiting director to just make a call to a college coach w their yearly favorites for immediate placement. The recruiting landscape has changed significantly the past couple of years. I know quite a few talented 2023’s that still have not found a college program to be a member of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would the 2024’s who have already committed have a different need than the hot bed girls? Your point isn’t valid. And the original poster mentioned the 22’s and 23’s also and they aren’t waiting for college visits to make a decision. Today’s Inside Lacrosse Top 10 2024’s shows just how much the game has grown across the country. Sadly the Maryland girls no longer have an advantage. If anything, these programs are looking to grow their reach and relationships with other clubs throughout the country. It’s no longer possible for a club owner or recruiting director to just make a call to a college coach w their yearly favorites for immediate placement. The recruiting landscape has changed significantly the past couple of years. I know quite a few talented 2023’s that still have not found a college program to be a member of.[/quote]

You really think Md , UnC , BC , Cuse, want no girls from Md ? Look at the club rankings for 24. M&D , Sw, Heros , Nems. They all must have some talent. Girls on those teams will show up soon going to top schools! We aren’t even 1 week into it and girls want to check out schools. The last 2 classes took early offers from schools and couldn’t attend camps so didn’t want to risk not getting into a top choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would the 2024’s who have already committed have a different need than the hot bed girls? Your point isn’t valid. And the original poster mentioned the 22’s and 23’s also and they aren’t waiting for college visits to make a decision. Today’s Inside Lacrosse Top 10 2024’s shows just how much the game has grown across the country. Sadly the Maryland girls no longer have an advantage. If anything, these programs are looking to grow their reach and relationships with other clubs throughout the country. It’s no longer possible for a club owner or recruiting director to just make a call to a college coach w their yearly favorites for immediate placement. The recruiting landscape has changed significantly the past couple of years. I know quite a few talented 2023’s that still have not found a college program to be a member of.

You really think Md , UnC , BC , Cuse, want no girls from Md ? Look at the club rankings for 24. M&D , Sw, Heros , Nems. They all must have some talent. Girls on those teams will show up soon going to top schools! We aren’t even 1 week into it and girls want to check out schools. The last 2 classes took early offers from schools and couldn’t attend camps so didn’t want to risk not getting into a top choice.[/quote]

The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really think Md , UnC , BC , Cuse, want no girls from Md ? Look at the club rankings for 24. M&D , Sw, Heros , Nems. They all must have some talent. Girls on those teams will show up soon going to top schools! We aren’t even 1 week into it and girls want to check out schools. The last 2 classes took early offers from schools and couldn’t attend camps so didn’t want to risk not getting into a top choice.

The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.[/quote]

Whether you agree or not on the particular players selected as an IL Top 10, one thing is very clear…..the recruiting landscape has changed and the hotbed areas no longer rule the recruiting landscape. Club owners/recruiting directors in the hotbed areas no longer have the political pull with college coaches they once had. The commitments in the 2024 class proves this. Even more than the 2023 and 2022 classes. I have a 2018 daughter who played at a top college lacrosse program and now I have a 2023 daughter who will be playing at a top D2 program (her choice, she did have D1 interest but not the right schools). My 2018 daughter and most of her college lacrosse playing friends didn’t start club until 7th grade. My 2023 daughter started club in 3rd grade. The recruiting classes now have been playing club level lacrosse for many more years than any class before them. And there were so many more club teams from all over the country in my younger daughter’s tournaments. Her team always played A bracket level and the team makeups in the A bracket was significantly different! Great for the game of lacrosse but hard to swallow by a parent who has lived their entire life in a hot bed area.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard