BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syracuse has at least four so far! With KT at the helm, have they replaced Stanford as the “it” spot?

Cuse has always recruited well no matter what so not sure what you mean by that. I agree that KT makes cuse more attractive as shown so far this class and they'll be more competitve for top tier recruits against BC, UNC, MD, and NW. But i don't see how this effects stanford. I do agree with you in the sense that stanford's best days are behind them but this is due to them being serial underachievers with bad coaching.

How are Stanfords “best days behind them”? They have another great recruiting class featuring several UA AAs including MVP, they won the IL committed academy over stacked UN /Duke team. They have a new coach who is just getting all her own recruits in. Best days are ahead for them for sure! Still don’t see how this relates to Cuse at all. The two schools attract totally different types of players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many people [Censored] hurt on this forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any LI girls commit this weekend?

BOTC has posted an Army and a Navy commit from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was at BC ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that’s great, but academies have been recruiting for months now, so those are not really new. I’m kind of surprised those girls didn’t wait to see 9/1 interest before committing. It is nice to see that the LI girls are taking their time and not committing on the first visit. It is so important to see a few schools before making such an important decision.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was at BC ???

Who cares? And, why do you care? Every girl is on her own journey. Good luck to all the 24s trying to find a good fit and a place to be happy. Hope they all find a great school where they can thrive! Good luck smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top girls have most likely already been on campus at their top choice schools. Most have been to their camps and the last look invite only Camp. That’s why they can commit quickly. These girls are being offered $$$ and they already know their 1st pick school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a question. Is it better for your daughter to play on a top 10 team playing other top ranked teams every week? Or is your daughter better off being the best player on a second / third bracket team where she never comes off the field?

That is the question you have to come to terms with yourself. Every school is a perfect fit for someone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a question. Is it better for your daughter to play on a top 10 team playing other top ranked teams every week? Or is your daughter better off being the best player on a second / third bracket team where she never comes off the field?

That is the question you have to come to terms with yourself. Every school is a perfect fit for someone.

Believe that was for club not college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver has picked up a few commits as well. Solid goalie for one of them! (And no I'm not her parent lol)

Average goalies going fast. One to Denver and one to PSU. Afraid their spot will be taken I guess and school didn’t feel they would get one of the 5 top ones.

Salty goalie dad, is that you? lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse has at least four so far! With KT at the helm, have they replaced Stanford as the “it” spot?

Cuse has always recruited well no matter what so not sure what you mean by that. I agree that KT makes cuse more attractive as shown so far this class and they'll be more competitve for top tier recruits against BC, UNC, MD, and NW. But i don't see how this effects stanford. I do agree with you in the sense that stanford's best days are behind them but this is due to them being serial underachievers with bad coaching.

Such an ignorant post, Stanford has actually finished the season ranked higher than their preseason ranking (6X) more times than Syracuse (4X) since 2010... I guess Stanford has overachieved and Syracuse has underachieved over the years.

Stanford will continue to improve under their relatively new Head Coach. The only question is why was Stanford even brought up? Not sure that anyone ever considered Stanford the "it" school. In any event, are players who receive offers from Stanford really considering Syracuse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver has picked up a few commits as well. Solid goalie for one of them! (And no I'm not her parent lol)

Average goalies going fast. One to Denver and one to PSU. Afraid their spot will be taken I guess and school didn’t feel they would get one of the 5 top ones.

Time to slither back under your rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Floyd girl and SA girl were at BC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this comment, the poster is being salty. Shouldn't we be celebrating these girls' successes and wishing all the 24's well in their journey? I am sure there will be plenty of commitments that will be head-scratchers but calling out specific commits is wrong. I'm not familiar with either goalie but these schools definitely felt good about them to make early offers. Worry about your own daughter and refrain from bashing others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

BC got the top two 2023's on Long Island would be impressive if they landed the top two 2024's as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

BC got the top two 2023's on Long Island would be impressive if they landed the top two 2024's as well.

Lol, according to who? Daddy’s lax rankings inc? BC is done without CN, and none of those girls are the next CN. Please stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

Lol, according to who? Daddy’s lax rankings inc? BC is done without CN, and none of those girls are the next CN. Please stop

Calm down buddy its not that serious. Anyone who has watched Long Island lacrosse over the last few years would say the two Boston College commits are the top 2023's.

Everyone said Boston College was done when Sam Appuzzo left as well. Great programs reload and they have been able to compete for the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

4 national title games in a row and a #4 pre season ranking. Yea not the same without the MJ of womens lacrosse, but far from done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this comment, the poster is being salty. Shouldn't we be celebrating these girls' successes and wishing all the 24's well in their journey? I am sure there will be plenty of commitments that will be head-scratchers but calling out specific commits is wrong. I'm not familiar with either goalie but these schools definitely felt good about them to make early offers. Worry about your own daughter and refrain from bashing others.

It's either a salty goalie dad or someone that doesn't know much about goalies. I agree, we should celebrate the successes and enjoy the recruiting results!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that’s great, but academies have been recruiting for months now, so those are not really new. I’m kind of surprised those girls didn’t wait to see 9/1 interest before committing. It is nice to see that the LI girls are taking their time and not committing on the first visit. It is so important to see a few schools before making such an important decision.[/quote]

This is is silly comment. I guess you don’t understand the prestige of being committed to an Academy. Free school, and they pay you too!, and the world is yours when you graduate and finish your short required duty. I know of a handful of Westpoint grads in high power corporate positions, and working on Wall Street.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

Calm down buddy its not that serious. Anyone who has watched Long Island lacrosse over the last few years would say the two Boston College commits are the top 2023's.

Everyone said Boston College was done when Sam Appuzzo left as well. Great programs reload and they have been able to compete for the last few years.

Boston College will not be in final 4 this year. And there are lots of top tier recruits in both the ‘23 and ‘24 class. So stop with “anyone would agree”. There are plenty who would disagree. Both girls are great HS athletes, as are several other All Americans. Let’s see what happens in college. Best not to count your chickens before they hatch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that’s great, but academies have been recruiting for months now, so those are not really new. I’m kind of surprised those girls didn’t wait to see 9/1 interest before committing. It is nice to see that the LI girls are taking their time and not committing on the first visit. It is so important to see a few schools before making such an important decision.

This is is silly comment. I guess you don’t understand the prestige of being committed to an Academy. Free school, and they pay you too!, and the world is yours when you graduate and finish your short required duty. I know of a handful of Westpoint grads in high power corporate positions, and working on Wall Street.[/quote]

I think we all know. Good for them. Most girls would not even entertain it because it takes a certain type of kid. It’s frankly only for a select few. It’s also a fact that they have been recruiting all summer, so had little to do with 9/1. My daughter was recruited by both Army and Navy, but unfortunately it is not a good fit for her. Congratulations to the girls who will serve our country and to the parents who don’t have to pay any tuition!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

The best girl in the class from Grizzlies visited BC, the HC drooled over her and even put championship ring on her finger. She said bye and went straight to the best school UNC. What a slap in the face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This must be one of the densest comments i’ve ever seen here.

Getting into a service academy is one of the greatest achievements that can be had for any young man or woman. God bless and good luck to those who committed there; those are future leaders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any of the lilj made up teams games leagues actually help anyone. Just wondering if I need to waste money this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any of the lilj made up teams games leagues actually help anyone. Just wondering if I need to waste money this year.

No, I have to laugh when I see girls put that in their Bio. Let’s leave the rankings to IL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it depends what you mean by "help"? Were there college coaches watching winter league games out at Stony Brook? Of course not. Did it help her and her HS team get ready for spring season? Absolutely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

Why would that be impressive? And who is to judge who the Top 2 are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

It was impressive that they got the top recruit in the 2021 class too. We have yet to see her play but BC is great at landing the top recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great for them.

It was impressive that they got the top recruit in the 2021 class too. We have yet to see her play but BC is great at landing the top recruits.

That’s because she was not the top recruit. Top recruits play right away. Some girls are overhyped and it shows when they get on campus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I have to laugh when I see girls put that in their Bio. Let’s leave the rankings to IL

I have to laugh you read other girls bios. Creep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC obviously is a very good lacrosse program, but certainly not the end all. For the top girls who have "game" is its certainly to be considered a top 5 or top ten lacrosse program. Yet not everyone is sold on BC. BC leaves some of the boxes unchecked for many players in many other areas. Boston is an awesome city for sure, but the winters are cold, tough and depressing. The campus has some very nice buildings and picturesque areas, but it is not really in the heart of the city and has an awkward layout for a campus. The facilities and arrangements for the women's lacrosse is far from ideal, feels very after thoughty, or the best they could do in fitting into the urban sprawl. It is pretty good academically, especially compared to many of the other D1 programs, but not great and certainly not stellar. While it may be a top 5 lacrosse program, it is far from that academically and many players who have "game", also have "grades" too, and have much better academic options to play at. Many parents of the players are known to be rather arrogant and unbearable, as you can see from the posts here, several years in the last few, are all represented here with parents posting/claiming their daughter was #1. Yes, a few top players go there every year, and the same can be said for many other top programs as well, so put it perspective. And yes, many top players with BC as an option, CHOOSE to go elsewhere. If all these self-proclaimed #1 players from all these areas all went to BC, BC would have the #1 ranked incoming class every year, but that is not the case. So many great players from all over out there, going to many different programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC obviously is a very good lacrosse program, but certainly not the end all. For the top girls who have "game" is its certainly to be considered a top 5 or top ten lacrosse program. Yet not everyone is sold on BC. BC leaves some of the boxes unchecked for many players in many other areas. Boston is an awesome city for sure, but the winters are cold, tough and depressing. The campus has some very nice buildings and picturesque areas, but it is not really in the heart of the city and has an awkward layout for a campus. The facilities and arrangements for the women's lacrosse is far from ideal, feels very after thoughty, or the best they could do in fitting into the urban sprawl. It is pretty good academically, especially compared to many of the other D1 programs, but not great and certainly not stellar. While it may be a top 5 lacrosse program, it is far from that academically and many players who have "game", also have "grades" too, and have much better academic options to play at. Many parents of the players are known to be rather arrogant and unbearable, as you can see from the posts here, several years in the last few, are all represented here with parents posting/claiming their daughter was #1. Yes, a few top players go there every year, and the same can be said for many other top programs as well, so put it perspective. And yes, many top players with BC as an option, CHOOSE to go elsewhere. If all these self-proclaimed #1 players from all these areas all went to BC, BC would have the #1 ranked incoming class every year, but that is not the case. So many great players from all over out there, going to many different programs.

100%. Was not even on my daughters list of top schools due to the reasons you stated. And yes she was a top 2023 recruit. Not putting anyone who commits there down, because it is a perfect school for many. Every girl has their dream school, this was not my daughter’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow... thats a lot of words to sum up the fact that you dont like BC... to each his own... no reason to tear it down based on your own personal opinions. Congrats to the girls who choose to go to this upper echelon lacrosse program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schools that offer the best atmosphere, great lacrosse and above average academics:

UNC
UMD
Florida
Virginia

Great lacrosse, decent academics, but facilities/atmosphere not as desirable

Syracuse (not everyone wants to play in a dome)
StonyBrook
BC

Stellar academics, very good lacrosse, great college atmosphere/facilities

Duke
Stanford
Princeton
ND
Northwestern

Stellar academics, good lacrosse

Penn
Yale
Vanderbilt
Hopkins

Party school, good lacrosse, good/very good academics, great facilities

Penn State
Ohio State
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
Michigan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schools that offer the best atmosphere, great lacrosse and above average academics:

UNC
UMD
Florida
Virginia

StonyBrook
BC

Duke
Stanford
Princeton
ND
Northwestern

Penn
Yale
Vanderbilt
Hopkins

Penn State
Ohio State
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
Michigan

Uh oh. My daughter has five of the six party schools on her list. 😬

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
UMD
Florida
Virginia

StonyBrook
BC

Duke
Stanford
Princeton
ND
Northwestern

Penn
Yale
Vanderbilt
Hopkins

Penn State
Ohio State
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
Michigan

Lol your above average academic bracket is much better academic then your very good academic bracket. Michigan needs to switch spots with UMD. Not sure where you get your information from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
UMD
Florida
Virginia

StonyBrook
BC

Duke
Stanford
Princeton
ND
Northwestern

Penn
Yale
Vanderbilt
Hopkins

Penn State
Ohio State
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
Michigan

Lol your above average academic bracket is much better academic then your very good academic bracket. Michigan needs to switch spots with UMD. Not sure where you get your information from.

Agree, but Michigan lacrosse is just average, but they have a great athletic atmosphere/party school. I think a school needs to be in the top 20 academically to qualify as “stellar”, and there is a huge difference between the top 10, and 10-20. So they would be “very good” academic with good lacrosse where a school like Rutgers would have better lacrosse but not as strong a academics. It’s hard for a school to check all the boxes! Michigan could possibly be placed in my first group, except for the weather.
Obviously this is totally opinion. It’s how my daughter broke down schools. Some could definitely be shuffled a bit based on personal preference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
UMD
Florida
Virginia

StonyBrook
BC

Duke
Stanford
Princeton
ND
Northwestern

Penn
Yale
Vanderbilt
Hopkins

Penn State
Ohio State
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
Michigan

Yes, that top group. UNC agree, Florida and Maryland are fine schools but by no means are they superior schools academically. As someone with experience with UVA, I am amazed that that coaching staff has not been wholesale sacked. They do less with more year after year and somehow are arrogant about it. As someone with two children currently playing, leverage their ability to get them in the best academic school they can get into (yes they have to like the school if their lacrosse career ends). I have one at an ivy and one at an a very good academic non ivy. The opportunities the ivy child is getting are ridiculous. Stretch, reach, beg, borrow and steal if your child gets a chance to go to an Ivy or a NESCAC like Williams.

Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard