BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So fca is the same exact price as all the other for-profit club teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Roughriders 2026 fold?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no, they have their second tryout tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any player needs a team, give Roughriders a try:

MD Roughriders 2026 tryouts tonight, 7/26, at Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) Catonsville, 6-8PM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 26 team end up? Did they take players from other clubs besides Looney’s?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They took mostly Looney’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids from my son’s ‘26 Looney’s team went to Predators. There were a ton of kids. Those of us that didn’t make it went to FCA tryouts and most of us found a home there. The couple remaining went to rough riders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Most of the kids from my son’s ‘26 Looney’s team went to Predators. There were a ton of kids. Those of us that didn’t make it went to FCA tryouts and most of us found a home there. The couple remaining went to rough riders.”

FCA cut players to make room or just add to the roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cut a couple. And added a couple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Predators and FCA both expanded to two teams at the 2026 age group.

Given the above average number of boys looking for a new team due to clubs/teams folding, there was sufficient demand to field additional teams. Hopefully everyone who wanted to play found a home.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Predators post is a troll. I don't know of any Looneys kids that went to Predators - none of the good players did, that's for sure. Crabs got the best Looney's attackman (No. 4). The goalie and twins (D-man and Middie) went to FCA along with some of their other Middies, a pole and an attackman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"That Predators post is a troll. I don't know of any Looneys kids that went to Predators - none of the good players did, that's for sure. Crabs got the best Looney's attackman (No. 4). The goalie and twins (D-man and Middie) went to FCA along with some of their other Middies, a pole and an attackman."

Only a few guys went to Preds from Looney's. FCA got the most, and a few went to other teams.

FWIW, coming on here and bashing kids ("none of the good players did") is an indication of low self esteem. Perhaps therapy is in order.

Punching below your weight class is never a good look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither is reclassing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Neither is reclassing"

Actually, it is a great look. It gets kids what they want - an advantage.

Too bad you can't figure out how to get it done. Now hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Actually, it is a great look. It gets kids what they want - an advantage.

Too bad you can't figure out how to get it done. Now hit the wall.”

Proverbs 3:27 - “Don’t hold back”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote Anonymous]

Too bad you can't figure out how to get it done. Now hit the wall.[quote]

Spoken like a true holdback dad who’s kid can’t compete against those his own age. Whatever makes you feel good inside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Neither is reclassing"

Holding your kid back is fool. An Advantage....you're not good enough to play with kids your own age so dominate younger kids. Nice life lesson to teach....if you cant win then reduce competition...great parenting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote Anonymous]

Too bad you can't figure out how to get it done. Now hit the wall.[quote]

Spoken like a true holdback dad who’s kid can’t compete against those his own age. Whatever makes you feel good inside.

Spoken like a true non-holdback dad who just can't afford it. Whatever makes you feel good inside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Spoken like a true non-holdback dad who just can't afford it.” - lol
Tell me you weren’t good at sports without telling me you weren’t good at sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me you weren’t good at sports without telling me you weren’t good at sports.

Holding back for sports reasons only is a sign that your son cannot compete on age-otherwise why would you do it. This creates bad feelings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no prize for competing "on-age", champ. It's all about getting the advantage for making HS varsity and getting the college asks. No one cares if your kid is "on-age" or not. Get over it, already!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holding back for sports reasons only is a sign that your son cannot compete on age-otherwise why would you do it. This creates bad feelings.

Fool. By your faulty logic, colleges would not redshirt players. Go learn some things and come back once you understand how most players make top D1 teams (and not just in lacrosse).

Most D1 hockey players play a few years of junior hockey for this very reason - because they can't compete with players who are starting college at 20 or 21. That is how the system works. You can whine about it or you can play the hand you are dealt.

You parents who whine about holdbacks and pound your chests about how your kid can compete with one-age kids are a laugh riot. What's the long game here? Playing on-age? Making mommy and daddy proud because junior can play with his peers? Good luck.

If being a top recruit at a top D1 program is the goal, do your kid a favor and hold him back. He will have more time to mature, grow, and improve his play. College coaches don't care about your kid's age or how well he competed on-age in middle school.

While you are whining about holdbacks, my kid will be talking to D1 coaches. Now hit the wall!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fool. By your faulty logic, colleges would not redshirt players. Go learn some things and come back once you understand how most players make top D1 teams (and not just in lacrosse).

Most D1 hockey players play a few years of junior hockey for this very reason - because they can't compete with players who are starting college at 20 or 21. That is how the system works. You can whine about it or you can play the hand you are dealt.

You parents who whine about holdbacks and pound your chests about how your kid can compete with one-age kids are a laugh riot. What's the long game here? Playing on-age? Making mommy and daddy proud because junior can play with his peers? Good luck.

If being a top recruit at a top D1 program is the goal, do your kid a favor and hold him back. He will have more time to mature, grow, and improve his play. College coaches don't care about your kid's age or how well he competed on-age in middle school.

While you are whining about holdbacks, my kid will be talking to D1 coaches. Now hit the wall!

Enjoy Bellermine bro. D1 baby. It was all worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys this is the FCA forum. Can we please get back to talking about Calvert Hall, Kelly scandals, borken promises, and Jesus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sports should be additive, not end all, be all. If you hold back your child for lacrosse, or any sport for that matter, you are a terrible parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a forum for holdback chats, go use it holdback dad, you seem like you have a lot to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sports should be additive, not end all, be all. If you hold back your child for lacrosse, or any sport for that matter, you are a terrible parent.

What about holding back your kids for a couple years so he can drive himself to an elite private school that is too far away for carpooling?

Asking for a friend...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about holding back your kids for a couple years so he can drive himself to an elite private school that is too far away for carpooling?

Asking for a friend...

This is a great question! However, you’ll get more answers on the Crabs thread. You might even get a couple of BL 8th graders parents chime in on how their sons driving is working out for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play the hand you dealt... or hold your kid back.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys this is the FCA forum. Can we please get back to talking about Calvert Hall, Kelly scandals, borken promises, and Jesus.

Yes! Any truth to the rumor coach K has already nominated a player whose name rhymes with Luey for All America and Kelly trophy next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College asks for who? Your kids or their mommy and daddy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Any truth to the rumor coach K has already nominated a player whose name rhymes with Luey for All America and Kelly trophy next year?

I just heard the CH Lax program has received another generous donation from a ‘26 lax class parent. They are using the money to extend the sideline bench 6 more feet at Russo Stadium. They can now comfortably accommodate 60 players sitting on their lax sideline.

Kudos to CH for supporting their lax program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just heard the CH Lax program has received another generous donation from a ‘26 lax class parent. They are using the money to extend the sideline bench 6 more feet at Russo Stadium. They can now comfortably accommodate 60 players sitting on their lax sideline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just in time for the “highly recruited” to take a seat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH regularly has 10-12 very solid players and 40 JAGs on their roster:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ust-another-guy-after-he-ran-wrong-route

It's why they have been renting upperclassmen for the past few years. They struggled mightily when just ONE starter went down in each of the last two seasons-
The attackman two years ago and of course the goalie debacle this year.

CH loses one starter and their season is derailed. Meanwhile other teams lose a player and they don't skip a beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Neither is reclassing"

Holding your kid back is fool. An Advantage....you're not good enough to play with kids your own age so dominate younger kids. Nice life lesson to teach....if you cant win then reduce competition...great parenting

More than 1/2 the CH varsity players are holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Neither is reclassing"

More than 1/2 the CH varsity players are holdbacks

They also have the mythical double holdbacks. It's why each year a few seniors are unable to play in league games. They are too old for the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“JAGs.”
Well put.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At ch the varsity starters get the attention. Everyone else is strongly encouraged to tow the line. It's real hard to move on the depth chart. It's mostly locked in from day 1.We saw it first hand. If you don't make varsity or start on jv as a freshman, you wont see any time during your career there. And freshsoph was the kiss of death for a few of our friend's kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you want jv backups stop get the attention?

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard