BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commit to what? They better commit to their studies or they will be bussing tables and washing dishes. Lax scholarships are a joke. In 3 years you will all look back at this and realize the system gamed you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is the St A JV roster i am hearing it is stacked and not many kids will actually play ???

A really good X attackmen transferred in I heard and the attack was solid to begin with. But they need depth at middie. They have one really good top level middie. But some very good 2026ers coming in and my guess is they will likely get pulled up. Very strong defensively.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way too much banter about B teams. Three quarters of the kids on "AA" teams aren't good enough to play college ball. Just enjoy the last year of travel instead of trying to figure out what B team is the best, which doesn't even make sense? After this year you won't see most of the people again and you'll miss these days.
Compound this by the fact that 90% of these kids won't have the grades/test scores to go to a lot of the top D1 programs. This isn't football or basketball where athletes can get in with poor grades. They're not bending the rules for a sport that generates zero revenue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“AA” is in quotes because everyone thinks they’re AA. 91 will send a good amount of kids to D1 that will actually play. Express will send kids to D1 who will watch from the sidelines for 4 years. Igloo, Legrush and the rest will only have a handful of recruitable players each.

Historically speaking, 91 and Express always have a good amount of kids that play and get play time at the next level. Igloo had a great run the last 3 years. Their 21, 22 and 23 teams had a ton of recruits about 18 each at the D1 level. How they fair in College is still to be determined. Funny thing about Igloo, they never played 91 or Express but seem to have their kids in good spots to get recruited. I think that run is over. They still have some good players but nothing like they had the past few years.

Igloo's players that have gone on to make college rosters have made no impact at the next level, very few ever do. The few impact players have come out of 91 and Exp and played for the catholic schools, no coincidence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the St A JV roster i am hearing it is stacked and not many kids will actually play ???

A really good X attackmen transferred in I heard and the attack was solid to begin with. But they need depth at middie. They have one really good top level middie. But some very good 2026ers coming in and my guess is they will likely get pulled up. Very strong defensively.
Who cares? Everybody is worried about their own kid nowadays. Team wins means nothing at the school and travel level. Totally different mindset these days.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Everybody is worried about their own kid nowadays. Team wins means nothing at the school and travel level. Totally different mindset these days.

Well, I detest to state the obvious, but this team is comprised of the kids who will be playing varsity for one of the nation’s best team. Not a different mindset. The majority of the top plays from the tristate will play for SA. It’s the most relevant team in NY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commit to what? They better commit to their studies or they will be bussing tables and washing dishes. Lax scholarships are a joke. In 3 years you will all look back at this and realize the system gamed you!

If your son is top recruit (meaning he’s getting calls on 9/1), lax scholarships are not a joke. Packages of 50% (athletic and academic if gpa is even high 80’s) are common and full tuition is a real thing. Anyone who tells you different has not had a son go through the process or they were not highly recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is top recruit (meaning he’s getting calls on 9/1), lax scholarships are not a joke. Packages of 50% (athletic and academic if gpa is even high 80’s) are common and full tuition is a real thing. Anyone who tells you different has not had a son go through the process or they were not highly recruited.

Yeah, but Ty Xanders released his 4 and 5 stars today for the 2024s and not a lot of LI kids made that list, like last year. In fact, one 5 star from LI. Point is there will be a lot disappointed 2024s from LI tomorrow. Because the culture has set them up to believe every D1 coach is calling on 9/1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who even are the B teams these days? Which ones resemble good lacrosse?
Express Davis leads the B pack. Rebels B, True Blue, etc all the same. The only real A teams are 91 and CoachC. People want to label them AA because the rest of the A teams don't really stack up. Rebels, S2S, Regulators, Legacy all can beat each other on any given day. None of them can beat 91 consistently.

This represents the B teams on LI based on the summer

1 - Express Davis
2 - ECE
3 - Hornets
4 - Turtles
5 - Icon
6 - True Blue
7 - S2S
8 - Rebels
9 - Empire
10 - United

Legacy White doesn’t really count since they have 8 B players and then have players from the A team fill in for tourneys
The Rebels beat Icon twice. lol Who made this list?

And yet, the Rebels post on Instagram post for players wanted. Honestly are there any players at this point who aren’t on a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash: You could have covered tuition to Duke, 2x over, with all the money you spent on Kiddie Lax over the past 8 years.... Smile....YOU'VE BEEN HAD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash: You could have covered tuition to Duke, 2x over, with all the money you spent on Kiddie Lax over the past 8 years.... Smile....YOU'VE BEEN HAD!

Not really. Maybe a semester to the first year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsflash; not one kid from 2025 class of Long Island will be playing for Duke. You've all been had. Factor in the cost of your catholic powerhouse, travel lax expenses over the years and the previous poster might be pretty close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know who hasn’t been had? All the kids who get into great academic D3 schools like Amherst, tufts and Williams because of lacrosse who wouldn’t have had a chance without it. A lot of those kids will make back the investment ten fold that their parents made to propel their lacrosse careers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know who hasn’t been had? All the kids who get into great academic D3 schools like Amherst, tufts and Williams because of lacrosse who wouldn’t have had a chance without it. A lot of those kids will make back the investment ten fold that their parents made to propel their lacrosse careers.

Yes, I agree with you but how many kids act get into those schools. Very few from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsflash; not one kid from 2025 class of Long Island will be playing for Duke. You've all been had. Factor in the cost of your catholic powerhouse, travel lax expenses over the years and the previous poster might be pretty close.
While I'm not impressed with the 25 class either, the 24 and 26 classes are actually much weaker overall. The main difference to me is that other regions are culling out better athletes. The top teams across the country generally have bigger, stronger and FASTER players. Long Island has skilled players, just fewer athletes because pulling from a much smaller geographic area. LI probably has 20 travel programs between two counties? Great for keeping kids engaged in the sport but also diluting the talent pool at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I'm not impressed with the 25 class either, the 24 and 26 classes are actually much weaker overall. The main difference to me is that other regions are culling out better athletes. The top teams across the country generally have bigger, stronger and FASTER players. Long Island has skilled players, just fewer athletes because pulling from a much smaller geographic area. LI probably has 20 travel programs between two counties? Great for keeping kids engaged in the sport but also diluting the talent pool at the same time.

FYI the 26 LI class is very strong and will represent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI the 26 LI class is very strong and will represent
2026 is probably the worst of the 3 groups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This parent is very angry. Guess he felt fooled and decided to share?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worried about getting money from lax for college, my son loves the sport and wants to continue playing at the next level. That’s what it’s all about for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash, both my kids love lax. They made tons of friends. My wife and I did too. That’s what it’s about. Yes it’s lots of money. We also go to baseball and football games. We also go to restaurants. We go on many vacations. If we didn’t do things over the past 10 years I’d have a lot more money. If that’s your point you are correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worried about getting money from lax for college, my son loves the sport and wants to continue playing at the next level. That’s what it’s all about for me.

Where do you get that info? Lax scholarships are or a joke and are decent to very good. From experience, I can tell you the coaches mix of athletics with academics and come up with a nice package for kids they want. That is a fact for D1 and D2. And D3 will help with academic money sometimes. Just be realistic and understand where your son should play. And do that by going ask your club coach to brutally honest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those two counties have 3 million people. That is plenty.

Nonetheless, lacrosse's popularity in many other areas of the country is exploding. Top athletes from these areas are now picking up lacrosse sticks. LI's place at the table naturally will decrease.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Sunday of fall practice..can’t wait the see the new players playing with the returning players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Who's Your Pick for the Pre-Pre-Season HS Boys' Lacrosse Top Ranked Sophomore of the Year (2025 Graduates) on Long Island"

Thoughts on the Top Ranked 10th graders list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Who's Your Pick for the Pre-Pre-Season HS Boys' Lacrosse Top Ranked Sophomore of the Year (2025 Graduates) on Long Island"

Tough one for this grade. Don’t see any 5 stars yet on any of the LI teams, a bunch potential 4 stars though. That’s the IL ranking, not NLF. Two SA and three Chaminade players definitely in the top 10. The links below give you a sense of the clubs that the ranked players seem to come from. Obviously that changes year over year. For example Legacy 2024 vs Legrush 2025 is not close. Although Legrush has some ballers, just not on the scale as Taz.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...gnating99AdditionalFourStarPlayers/60215

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/il-evoshield-class-of-2024-top-50-rankings/60210

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough one for this grade. Don’t see any 5 stars yet on any of the LI teams, a bunch potential 4 stars though. That’s the IL ranking, not NLF. Two SA and three Chaminade players definitely in the top 10. The links below give you a sense of the clubs that the ranked players seem to come from. Obviously that changes year over year. For example Legacy 2024 vs Legrush 2025 is not close. Although Legrush has some ballers, just not on the scale as Taz.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/il-evoshield-class-of-2024-top-50-rankings/60210

I think you have your years mixed up. This is a 2025 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you have your years mixed up. This is a 2025 thread.

It’s a comparison of the 2024s to this year. And a view to where ranked players tend to come from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they compiled the list by asking 2 club directors who their favorite players are. This list is no way represents the best players on LI, not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with these rankings Half the kids "selected" to these teams are average at best. I have seen kids on some of these "All world Teams" that have no business being there but their Daddy, Club Director or HS coach are involved in one way or another. Its a scam to keep these lax lifers hooked and keep the checks coming in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the most accurate posts I ever read on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they compiled the list by asking 2 club directors who their favorite players are. This list is no way represents the best players on LI, not even close.

The list is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the most accurate posts I ever read on here.
Agreed, hit the nail right on the head. Couldn't have said it better myself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with these rankings Half the kids "selected" to these teams are average at best. I have seen kids on some of these "All world Teams" that have no business being there but their Daddy, Club Director or HS coach are involved in one way or another. Its a scam to keep these lax lifers hooked and keep the checks coming in.
In some cases daddy, club coach, club director and high school coach can all be the same person. Or at least fill two or more of those roles. The politics exist but they exist in all sports, doesn't make it any less frustrating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can either whine about it or you can be part of the solution. Hitting the wall helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In some cases daddy, club coach, club director and high school coach can all be the same person. Or at least fill two or more of those roles. The politics exist but they exist in all sports, doesn't make it any less frustrating.
Don't forget PAL coach/board member from the younger years. Seems like you can't get rid of these people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't they rank the organizations that make the most money based on these showcases, special teams, all-world clubs, etc? Again, I cant blame the businesses for doing this. Its the people/parents that fund it by buying into "the dream" that are the real culprits. And around and around it goes.... Get back on the Ferris Wheel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kids got into any of these schools based on lacrosse? Silly statement, the kids who play there have the grades. That's it, not a bunch of 80 students with 1050 SAT getting in. Matter of fact a 1200 with b's is getting a kid accepted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't they rank the organizations that make the most money based on these showcases, special teams, all-world clubs, etc? Again, I cant blame the businesses for doing this. Its the people/parents that fund it by buying into "the dream" that are the real culprits. And around and around it goes.... Get back on the Ferris Wheel.
If "the dream" is to play college lacrosse you're being a little shortsighted and setting the bar too low for your life's ambitions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kids got into any of these schools based on lacrosse? Silly statement, the kids who play there have the grades. That's it, not a bunch of 80 students with 1050 SAT getting in. Matter of fact a 1200 with b's is getting a kid accepted.

I have older kids so this conversation has been discussed a lot on the older boys pages Lacrosse does help to a certain point. You are correct no kid with a 80-85 average and 1200 is getting in. It does help with the kids who are boarder line. It also helps with the admissions process for those who have the grades.
The reality is that I e seem so many disappointed parents. They thought lax would get their kid into these schools and it did not.
How many kids do these teams take per year how many kids try for those spots. The math says more are disappointed at the results.

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard