BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Top NJ Girl's Club Teams
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you say DEWLAX is a dumpster fire?
... Taking as many girls as possible onto teams many of which can't throw or catch...No real player development of game IQ, they focus more on how someone throws a ball...

Girls can’t throw or catch, so coaches focus on throwing and catching...how is that bad coaching?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Lax 2023 had a particularly impressive showing at Lax Amplified last weekend. They went undefeated against BBL Black, Dynasty and Xtreme 2023 teams. I think All American AIM has a strong program in South Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So bringing this convo current what is the general consensus of the hierarchy of the New Jersey girls lax clubs. From player development to completive scheduling to opportunity of training with said club to the strength of the club from the younger girls team to the HS aged girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps still a strong club especially due to legacy in space.
CLC amazing coaching and development. Best coaches! Growing

Bbl trying to invest in girls but still very much a boys club.
Coaching varies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair enough, thank you for sharing!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CLC has some really strong, nationally ranked teams. Their 2022 Pride team and their 2026 Pride and 2026 Rise squads come to mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has great coaching at the older levels. Definitely teaching the game - selfish play is discouraged; their girls understand the game. Some really high level commits over the past few years as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has one great coach (SW) other than that they are average at best. Owners have no idea of how to run a club and are too focused on bringing in any kid who gets cut or leaves STEPS. BBL had a lot of potential a few years back but now is just average. CLC has made a big splash in the area and will continue to be a solid program with high level coaching and training. STEPS is still number one team in northern NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
former STEPS parent here. From a recruiting perspective, they are #1 by far. And arguable as good as yellow jackets or top maryland teams.

That said, was disappointed by the level of coaching for STEPS, especially at the youth levels. STEPS tends to attract players who are great already, but doesn't necessarily create great players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the better BBL team "Black" or "Select"?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some searching looks like the "Black" team is the one ranked at the older levels. Thinking it may not matter at the younger levels. Maybe its a way they split up the "central" team, IDK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
former STEPS parent here. From a recruiting perspective, they are #1 by far. And arguable as good as yellow jackets or top maryland teams.

That said, was disappointed by the level of coaching for STEPS, especially at the youth levels. STEPS tends to attract players who are great already, but doesn't necessarily create great players.

What bugs me about steps is they don’t play in too brackets or top tourneys. In lax for the cure they play a weaker bracket to try and make playoffs. Schedule some games against the Md teams instead of waiting until a championship game which never happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its interesting after you mentioned that, I questioned that!!!! That's why I previously posted my BBL team hierarchy question. I noticed BBL had entered one of their top teams, the "Black" team in a less competitive bracket. Like you had stated they ended up smoking the comp and winning their bracket. They left the MD teams, 3 top 10 ranked club teams I might add to hash it out amongst themselves and the less fortunate that had entered the arena!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the top talent trying out for this year? AMerican Selects or Under Armour?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour hands down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The American select teams are loaded with top talent. I'm sure both teams will have great players, but the AS will just have much more. Just look at the American select rosters posted on the website. There was more talent at the AS tryouts this years than last years Under Armour tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Jersey has 2 very good clubs. South Jersey Select and All American Aim have a healthy competition going on. The high schools are getting solid players from both clubs. The South Jersey high schools won all the state groups except Oak Knoll. I do question how Rumsen- Fairhaven is considered South. Both clubs put a lot of girls into great college programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The American select teams are loaded with top talent. I'm sure both teams will have great players, but the AS will just have much more. Just look at the American select rosters posted on the website. There was more talent at the AS tryouts this years than last years Under Armour tryouts.

How do you feel tryouts were conducted for AS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not watch much of the AS tryouts. Heard it was a lot of drills early and scrimmages to see who could play. Pretty standard tryout format. I'm sure there were some names that had an inside tract. The final roster had some girls who I know are good and had a good tryout, despite not a lot of hype about them. That is a good sign about a fair tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not watch much of the AS tryouts. Heard it was a lot of drills early and scrimmages to see who could play. Pretty standard tryout format. I'm sure there were some names that had an inside tract. The final roster had some girls who I know are good and had a good tryout, despite not a lot of hype about them. That is a good sign about a fair tryout.

Great! Thanks. Nice to hear positive things about a tryout. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL elite Black is the A team. Their B team is the Red team aka Helix. Most recently it’s been branded as the Select team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone shares playing time philosophy from clc, steps and bbl?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basically, they make no promises.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

& why should they

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also avoid playing the top teams in the best tournaments unless they have to play them in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also avoid playing the top teams in the best tournaments unless they have to play them in the playoffs.

In my experience that is not true. As a current Steps parent and seasoned lax dad I have been very pleased with Steps. Our experience has been great. My daughter was blessed to have an amazing coach. Very happy so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

& why should they

They shouldn't (or needn't, I guess; what they should do depends on your perspective). Which is why my advice (multiple kids on different teams plus what I've seen and heard over 10+ yrs) is "buyer beware" for any parents that jump ship when the top teams come to poach your kid. Yes they want to bolster their rosters. But they also want to decimate the competition's rosters.

Situation A: Your kid is a star, gets major minutes on a rising team and allows rising team to compete at a fall tournament against Top 3 team (maybe not beat them but comes close). Rising team proceeds to do well in Fall and summer, and Top 3 feels the footsteps. So they try and poach. You say no, rising team stays together for 5 years and your kid and the team do great in A brackets at good tournaments. College recruiters get to see them shine, kid has a great time.

Situation B: Your kid is a star, gets major minutes on a rising team and allows rising team to compete at a fall tournament against Top 3 (maybe not beat them but comes close). Rising team proceeds to do well in Fall and summer, and Top 3 feels the footsteps. So they try and poach. You say yes, rising team takes a step back...but on Top 3 team your kid is one of 15 with similar skills, the other girls gel together better, and your kid gets only a few minutes a game. Some college looks but maybe not as much PT and not as much fun.

Top 3 teams always win in Situation B. Worst case scenario they stole a major chip from a competitor, and get more depth. Player not always--with big downside risk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad truth about club lacrosse is that it's really just a recruiting hammerhead. The clubs have built relationships with the colleges over the years. They don't over hype their girls for the sake of their personal credibility, but they have the ear of all the schools. They play in summer tournaments and offer additional clinics for extra money, but do not expect the club to make your daughter into a top tier player. That responsibility is on the parents, the player and the high schools they play for to do that. Just look on the clubs websites and go to the recruits page, it's very clear who attracts the best players. Steps is clearly tops in NJ. Several of NJ's best girls lacrosse players have joined some Pa clubs. Go online and do the research. The only sure truth out there is the player makes the player, not the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do clubs ever ask for feedback on coaches? My daughter plays for a strong girls club most of team (1/2) didn't love the coach this year but new we would be getting a new one next year. However, she is the coach again this year. Many of us want to give feedback but not sure its worth it as she is the coach and don't want to burn bridges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do clubs ever ask for feedback on coaches? My daughter plays for a strong girls club most of team (1/2) didn't love the coach this year but new we would be getting a new one next year. However, she is the coach again this year. Many of us want to give feedback but not sure its worth it as she is the coach and don't want to burn bridges.
I would tough it out and make plans for next year. If you make a stnk, the coach might take it out on your daughter and possibly contribute to her being cut next year. Just my two cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds personal. Every club will have its supporters and detractors. Best to see where your daughter fits based on your experience. For every dumpster fire comment, there is a kid at Maryland who says she had a great experience.

An educated parent is the best parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS tryout was a total joke at the tryout in NY. They actually conducted the tryout without pinnies! Tell me how fair that is. There was no way of knowing who was who. What a joke. And affiliated coach was there with a clipboard in hand making selections, even though the website states they will not use any club affiliated coaches in the selection process. The parents all knew it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS tryout was a total joke at the tryout in NY. They actually conducted the tryout without pinnies! Tell me how fair that is. There was no way of knowing who was who. What a joke. And affiliated coach was there with a clipboard in hand making selections, even though the website states they will not use any club affiliated coaches in the selection process. The parents all knew it too.

Yes, agree. However at that age, I think the girls are pretty well known on the island from all the other things they do. Club, HS , leagues etc. The top players are pretty much already known. They do the tryouts for $$$s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the BBL NORTH 2025 team? Did that team disband? I know the CLC BOLD 2025 team is no longer around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on some of the newer programs? 3D Garden State, X-treme Lax Factory, GSE (Garden State Elite), Team 91 Girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several girls that I know play for 3D Garden State. They really enjoy it and the stronger players get a chance to play on the 3d National Team. They are not in the 2025 group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you didn’t bother to tryout for either AS or UA or you weren’t selected or were injured, then you weren’t ranked. It feels like this should be communicated: to be ranked on IL’s list as a top recruit, you have to play at AS or UA. That’s not common knowledge, but it’s definitely true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you didn’t bother to tryout for either AS or UA or you weren’t selected or were injured, then you weren’t ranked. It feels like this should be communicated: to be ranked on IL’s list as a top recruit, you have to play at AS or UA. That’s not common knowledge, but it’s definitely true.
If you daughter is great it doesn't matter. Don't get [Censored] into the FOMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you daughter is great it doesn't matter. Don't get [Censored] into the FOMO.

Outside of the top tier players, IL rankings are meaningless, especially when players are paying to get rated.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard